[OU] Scizor strikes, this time without band

Hi, there. I made a brand new team and it kinda worked, however, sometimes I lose and I'd like to know if it is my fault or my team's fault.

1st Step
I wanted to make a team with Swords Dance Scizor

Then, I needed I good team partner for it. This is when Dragonite came to my mind. Resists to fire and both of its weaknesses of ice and Dragon are covered by Scizor

Now, seeing that Dragonite's health must be preserved so it may keep its Multiscale ability activated, I needed a Pokémon that covers Scizor's weaknesses plus the huge Rock weakness. In first place, I chose Swampert, but then I noticed that my team was heavily weak to water. Finally, I chose Gastrodon.

A good Special Sweeper is always welcome. You may enter, Gengar.

Seeing that Scizor is not the bulkiest pokemon ever, I chose Heatran to help out with the synergy

Something was missing. I needed a physical choice scarfer with Earthquake. I'm pretty sure you know who I'm talking about

Now that the team members have been chosen, it's time to go deeper.

Getting more detailed

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 216 Atk / 252 Spd / 40 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Usually, I use Landorus as lead, cuz' I can scout movesets and EV sets by analysing the damage it does with U-turn. It turns out to be quite useful.
STAB EQ + Sheer Force is too powerful. Stone Edge for coverage. HP Ice for Gliscor. I thought it would be better to add some SPA Ev's, so it will be able to OHKO Gliscor.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 HP / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

I wanted to try this beast, and it worked. I can always bullet punch after an SD and switch out when in danger. When Heatran comes out, I sent out Heatran to absorb the Fire-type move and strike back with Earth Power. Roost for recovery. Bug Bite is STAB.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
An excelent core alongside Scizor. Sweeps very nicely and contributes a lot for the victory.
Dragon Claw is STAB. Fire Punch > Earthquake cuz of Ferrothorns and Scizors.
Xpeed is priority.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Scald

A great wall and a great tank. Ice-Ground combination is quite deadly. Scald is STAB and has the 30% chance to Burn. Recover helps a lot with stall wars.

Gengar (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Giga Drain

Trick helps a lot against walls. STAB Shadow Ball + Specs is quite OP. Timid allows it to outspeed other sweepers, such as Alakazam or even Gengar. Focus Blast helps with the coverage and destroys Ferrothorn. Giga Drain is for Gastrodons and company.

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

Heatran is a total monster. With the right predictions, it can be a huge threat to the opponent's team. Lava Plume is STAB + possible burnhax. Earth Power for Heatrans. Dragon Pulse for the Latios and other Dragons switch ins, predicting Lava Plume.

This is it! I hope to see very helpful opinions from you.

Importable:
Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 HP / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Scald

Gengar (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Giga Drain

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 216 Atk / 252 Spd / 40 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I know about that, but usually Alakazams are Modest, that's why timid gengar outspeeds.
BTW, Imma edit it now, don't worry. I just wanted to post it 1st.
Thank you for the tip ;)

You said you wanted an Anti-Spinner so you put in Gengar, but whats the point because you have nobody on your team to put down hazards anyway. I recommend switching Gengar to something else because there is no need for it and nobody would want to use Rapid Spin anyway because you dont have any hazards!

I'm now using Froslass instead of Gengar.´
This is the set:
Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Spikes

What do you think?

I'm now using Froslass instead of Gengar.´
This is the set:
Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Spikes

What do you think?
Why Frosslass? He is a UU (i think) spinblocker! Gengar is an OU spin blocker. Jellicent imo is the best Spin Blocker thanks to its bulk and ability to take on rapid spin starmie that gengar falls against on the switch if predicted.
Im on quote now, so i cant remember, but do you need a spin blocker if you dont have spikes and rocks support? Not really , so id go with something else.

Good luck anyway

Why Frosslass? He is a UU (i think) spinblocker! Gengar is an OU spin blocker. Jellicent imo is the best Spin Blocker thanks to its bulk and ability to take on rapid spin starmie that gengar falls against on the switch if predicted.
Im on quote now, so i cant remember, but do you need a spin blocker if you dont have spikes and rocks support? Not really , so id go with something else.

Good luck anyway
Thx :)
Froslass can role the spin blocker play and the Spiker play, and that helps a lot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)