OU Team Go!!!!! No-Weather OU team

So this is a team I just made for fun. I really liked mienshao and its scouting and physical and special attacking ability. So i decided to base a team around mienshao. And it turned out pretty good. But it was one of those teams that are good but could be better. So i went onto PO and then exported my team to Smogon and started typing. So please read everything carefully and i will post an importable version of my team so you could try it on PO.​

Mienshao (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fake Out

So this is the crutch and main sweeper in my team that really gains offensive momentum and this works well with Scizor who can U-turn or Bullet Punch. Also this thing can kill Gliscor with a nasty HP Ice. And Fake Out, Hi Jump Kick and U-turn decimates a lot of pokemon, namely Ferrothorn, Forretress, Blissey, Hydreigon, Snorlax, and Tyranitar.

So the moves are simple. Fake Out is to break sashes and to gain offensive momentum. Hi Jump Kick is a menacing move that hit a lot of pokemon for a large amount of damage. U-turn is for offensive momentum than can work well with scizor since a CB bullet punch or U-turn hurts.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

SDef Hetran is such a beast since it can wall a lot of pokemon and kill scizor since standard scizor does not outspeed not speed heatran and i can kill with lava plume or at least burn scizor. I can also kill excdrill with balloon intact. And i can toxic stall with protect and a large amount of bulk. So Jellicent can only do 30% with scald and i can toxic stall about 4-5 times.

So Stealth Rock is for hazards so Multiscale Dragonite doesn't have its Multiscale isn't intact anymore. Also Volcarona and Thundrus takes 25% upon switching witch is great because it makes Gastrodons job easier. Also Lava Plume is to spread burn and to kill steels. Protect is to scout moves and to help toxic stall and toxic is to make stall a whole lot easier to deal with.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This thing is such a menace. It has almost 600 attack which is something to be afraid of. Especially since Scizor can kill both Latios and Lati@s. Also this thing has a great ability, technician and a priority move bullet punch. Also a great attack stat and great bulk is another great boon. This also synergies well with Mienshao because of the large amount of offensive momentum this thing creates.

So Bullet Punch is the main STAB priority attack which hurts like a bitch. U-turn is for scouting a switch or a move. Superpower is to hit ferrthorn and other steels. And pursuit is to trap Gengar an also kill the Lati twins. So these moves all hurt respectively.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

Gliscor is another good poké this gen because it gets poison heal. I used an SD set because it can stall for HP and can be offensive to. Plus this set is good because gliscor is really bulky. It can wall excradrill to the core and can KO with a STAB earthquake.

So the EV's are to give it enough speed to outspeed magnezone and also to give it enough bulk to wall conkeldurr and excadrill. Swords Dance is expected on this set while earthquake is to give it a main STAB attack. Ice fang is to kill dragons that can switch in on this and for levitates and flying type pokes. Taunt is to break stall so i can use skarmory as set up fodder

Espeon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Ok this is Mienshao's and Scizor's partner in crime. Because of the ever growing use of will-o-wisp. I added an Espeon with magic bounce to prevent hazards being set up and also so i can have a very versatile special sweeper. Tis thing can bounce back so many things like Breloom's spore making it useless so i can kill with Psyshock. I can also bounce back Politoed toxic and make things a whole lot easier for me.

So the moves are simple. Calm mind is to boost my special attack to high levels so i can really hurt Chansey and Blissey. Shadow Ball is for bulky ghosts like Dusclops and Jellicent. Psyshock is for a main STAD and a pseudo Blissey counter. And finally hidden power fighting is to hit steels like Skarmory and Ferothorn. I used this over HP fire because of how steels like Ferrothorn are used in rain.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Ok so this is my main counter to Thundurus. Gastrodon doesn't take shut from HP Ice. And also Focus Miss' accuracy is very unreliable, letting me set up a toxic or hit it with ice beam. And also storm drain makes me a great counter to scarf politoed and rotom-w without a scarf. Since toxic greatly cripples them. Also I really like how this thing can take hits. It can really counter rain teams easily.

So the EV's are to make sure gastrodon takes a lot of hits on the special side of the spectrum. Toxic is for major stall ruining politoed and rotom-w's day. Also it can aid against life orb'd pokemon making the residual damage greater. Recover is for stall and so I don't die while stalling toxic on rotom-w. Ice beam is to hit thundurus and other flying types while earth power is for heatran and other fire types. Also It can be used for jirachi walling with thunderwave.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gyarados and Chestorest Volcorona look like they could give this team some problems. It seems that Meinshao is the weak link of the team. I suggest using a scarf Landorus, which remains a momentum pokemon like Meinshao (albeit not as effective). It revenge kills Gyara and the moth with ease, as well as acting as a second way to beat DD Dragons (Scizor's gonna get overwhemled by 4Drag2Mag).

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Sand Force
Naive
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpA
Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-Turn
Hidden Power Ice

Thundurus @Life Orb / Leftovers / Lum Berry
Timid || 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nasty Plot | Thunderbolt | HP Ice | Focus Blast

Just makes you cry.

Taunt Gyarados can set up on Gastrodon, which seems like it is your Gyarados counter, and DD to outspeed your whole team and Waterfall / Earthquake to KO. He can also easily set up on an Intimitaded Mienshao, Scizor or Gliscor, or Heatran.
Jellicent can also Taunt Gastrodon and outstall it with Will-O-Wisp and Recover, and also Will-O-Wisp your main sweepers while walling almost everything on your team bar Espeon really.
Mynicroak can cause some serious trouble as well. He can set up on Heatran, Scizor or even Mienshao and 6-0 your team pretty easily. Espeon can't revenge because Sucker Punch OHKOes and Mienshao can't either because Toxicroak resists Hi Jump Kick and has Dry Skin to recover back health. All your other team members take a Cross Chop / Ice Punch to the face.

Thunder Wave Celebi would be a great fit over Espeon. Espeon kinda seems filler, and Celebi can also absorb status with Natural Cure. Celebi can avoid Sucker Punch from Toxicroak and Thunder Wave him to effectively neuter him, and can also use Psychic to KO him. Celebi outspeeds and KOs Jellicent with Leaf Storm, and he can also take a hit from Gyarados and Thunder Wave + Leaf Storm. The exact set is:

Celebi @ Life Orb | Natural Cure
Modest | 232 HP / 240 SpA / 36 Spe
Thunder Wave / Leaf Storm / Psychic / Recover

Good luck!

Hey there.

First off, if you haven't already, change Air Balloon on Heatran to Leftovers as it really appreciates the small amount of recovery it gets to make up for the lack of a recovery move.

Alright, now, there are four pokemon that can basically annihilate your team. A DD Dragonite in rain with Aqua Tail can KO every member of your team pretty easily after +1 and entry hazard damage. Lucario is one of the other pokemon, being able to annihilate all of your team after a Swords Dance (balloon variants can easily set up on Gliscor) after Rotom-W gets weakened a bit by entry hazards. Swords Dance Toxicroak can also be a real threat, as Scizor / Rotom-W can't OHKO it, and if Scizor gets weakened enough by entry hazards, Toxicroak will sweep you pretty easily. The last major threat is a DD Scrafty, who can live a Bullet Punch from Scizor and proceed to deal major damage to your team. You don't need Scizor all too much, so I suggest that you replace it with a Skarmory in order to fix all 4 of these issues.

Defensive Skarmory
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Speed
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes

Skarmory destroys most physical attackers, and with Gliscor, it is very difficult to win on the defensive side. It will also provide you with Spikes, as well as phazing support, which is always helpful. Most importantly, it can take 2 Cross Chops from SD Toxicroak, destroy DD Scrafty, wall and phaze Dragonite, and beat Balloon Lucario.

Finally, change Gliscor's EV Spread to 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Speed with an Impish nature. This will let you outspeed Life Orb Lucario (who sadly Skarmory cannot handle), and also outspeed Toxicroak; which will stop you from having to rely on Skarmory too much to take out Toxicroak. Skarmory's presence stops the loss in bulk from being an issue, as Gliscor can still eradicate the likes of Excadrill and Double Dance Terrakion.

Overall, nice team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi,

The biggest play style that your team will have trouble with is stall, because Espeon and Gliscor won't be enough in the long run to prevent hazards from going up and eating away at HP slowly. In particular, any rain team with a strong physical attacker like Gyarados or Dragonite will be a problem since they have freedom to set up on a plethora of pokemon in your team, namely choice locked scizor, espeon and gastrodon, as well as being able to OHKO all members of your team. Although you did build this team around a Mienshao / Scizor duo with Espeon as a finisher, I feel that its place is better spent on something that can help you check some of the more threatening mons in the metagame. Choice Scarf Rotom-w will be great over Espeon because it give you another good type resistance to ground, which helps a lot with Landorus and gives you some immediate speed, which is really important in this fast-paced metagame. With EVs of 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe and a Timid nature, you will outspeed Dragonite and Gyarados after a dragon dance and OHKO them afterwards. A moveset of Trick | Thunderbolt | Hydro Pump | Hidden Power Ice will check the aforementioned threats, and can cripple a key member of stall as well with Trick.

Gliscor should run 248 HP / 44 Def / 176 Spe with a Jolly nature to outspeed Lucario and Toxicroak who are otherwise very problematic for your team, as shakeitup said. In addition, Gastrodon can use a Sassy nature and Earthquake over Earth Power to damage CM Jirachi and Volcarona, both of whom can become annoying late game when their counter, like Heatran for Volc is gone (especially with all the Dugtrio running around on Sun teams). This is a nice team, good luck!

been a long. time i still can bump so bump. i am uysing scarf rotom w and it works wonders. But i am just having some overall problems against stall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)