Tournament OU Team Rater Competition v5 - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Approved by esteemed RMT Leader IronBullet
Hosts: Gross Sweep | TPP | Anish | Simia
Welcome to the latest edition of the Team Rater Competition! The tier this time around will be SM OU. For each round we'll post a team, and participants will have one week to complete a rate of said team. When the round is over, the participants who submitted the best rates will move onto the next round. If you are eliminated and want to receive feedback on your rate, the hosts will be more than happy to provide that upon request. Each round will last one week. Failure to rate the team within the one week time period will result in disqualification unless you're able to give us a valid reason. Please only sign up if you can commit to rating one team every week for the next month. If you're currently involved in or are looking to start rating OU teams, I highly encourage you to participate as this promises to be a great learning experience. Here's to a fun and competitive tournament!

Important notes:

• Shoutouts in the room intro of the RMT room and in RMT news
  • The rates in the final two rounds will count towards the Team Rater
  • The winner will be awarded voice status in the RMT room on PS if they have shown an interest in getting involved.
  • Each round will last one week. Failure to rate the team within the one week time period will result in disqualification unless you're able to give us a valid reason. Please only sign up if you can commit to rating one team every week for the next month.
  • If you are eliminated and would like some feedback on your rate and how you can improve going forward, feel free to ask us.
  • At the end of each round, we will announce the best rate from that round and a quick overview of what we liked in the rates submitted.
Deadline will be May 27th 11:59 PM EST.

PM your rate to Gross Sweep TPP Anish Simia

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

I decided to use Choice Banded Zygarde since it’s a potent breaker in the meta right now. I love being able to spam Thousand Arrows most of the time, mixing in Iron Tail/Toxic to help handle a check, or Espeed to revenge kill a threat. Zygarde is also an electric immunity which is nice to have so I don’t just get beaten down by VoltTurn. Zygarde is also a cool answer to Heatran who I’ve been told is really annoying in the meta.

The next mon I added was Clefable. I used moonblast for stab. Stealth Rock gets some chip, and I’ve also been told that it’s mandatory in the meta to have it on at least one mon. Not sure why rocks are mandatory, so if someone could explain that to me I’d really appreciate it. I also went with Wish and Soft-Boiled since I like thinking that Clefairy can help keep itself healthy as well as some of its teammates, I’ve been assured by someone in the RMT room that it’s a good set.

The next mon I added was Greninja. This Greninja is cool since it is a great lure to a lot of things that stop Zygarde. Gunk Shot hits fat grasses like Tapu Bulu, and HP Fire hits mons like Ferrothorn who is really annoying otherwise. Ice Beam helps pressure Landorus-T who is on like every team. Spikes was added to help pressure my opponents with more and more hazards, since if I’m getting Stealth Rock up, might as well get some Spikes.

Tangrowth was my fourth team member. Tangrowth is cool since it gives me a water, electric, and ground resistance. I decided to go with an Assault Vest since I want it to check special attackers like Greninja and Koko, plus my Clefairy is already physically defensive. Knock Off it to remove items making it easier to wear down pokemon relying on leftovers. HP Ice is to help check ground types. Earthquake was to potentially lure Heatran and other fire types trying to switch into my grass type.

At this point I felt like I really needed a set up sweeper, so I went with one of my favorites in Xurkitree. Xurkitree has a really high special attack that only gets higher with Tail Glow. The really cool part of this set is Z-Hypnosis. Z-Hypnosis puts the enemy to sleep, and gives you a boost to speed. So once you put your enemy to sleep you can set up a Tail Glow and sweep. My attacks are Thunderbolt and Energy Ball. Tbolt is stab, and energy ball hits Grounds who are immune to Tbolt like Landorus-T and Gastrodon.

The final mon on this team was Latios. Latios is holding a choice Scarf to give me some speed control. It also has Defog in case I need to get rid of Hazards. I went with stab attacks for power, have to DROP THOSE DRACOS! Psyshock>Psychic to hit Chansey. I also used trick to help cripple fatter teams that are tough to break.
IMPORT: http://pokepast.es/7eb251dc8c93c5af

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)