OU-TEAM

So this is my new OU Team, which worked pretty well so far.

Machamp (Machamp) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP/248 Atk/4 Spd/16 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Bullet Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch

The Lead, Machamp. It's just great, because you don't have to think that much while starting the battle with this guy, just throw an attack and do some damage. Paired with Heatran Machamp is even better, since together they are very good against any other lead.
I used to run Stone Edge over Ice Punch, but in about 30 battles i did never need Stone Edge, otherwise, while having Stone Edge, i often wished that i got Ice Punch, against Gliscor and things.

Heatran (Heatran) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Just a standard Heatran, i just use Stealth Rock on him instead of any Hidden Power, since i really needed something to lay down these Rocks.
When switching it in the first time (normally in the early game), i usually lay down SR, because in about 95% my opponent will send in something that Heatran doesn't like, and so Fire Blast or something else is a waste anyway imo. And after catching a W-o-W or something this is such a machine, running through teams.
As i said before, this guy is a very good partner for the leading Machamp, but also for celebi.

Celebi (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Recover
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

My check against Gyarados, steels and bulky waters. Theres not much i can write about it. Well it just matches perfectly to that team imo, and Reflect helps out alot (i always prefer Screens over TW etc.), for example to set up Gyarados.
Sometimes i wished i had HP[Ice] instead, it's when im facing a Salamence and I'm not able to do anything. But dropping HP[Fire] is such a waste, then i wouldn't have anything against Metagross, Scizor, Magnezone, Jirachi, Breloom...
Celebi does fine with Gyarados.

Gyarados (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/72 Atk/184 Spd/96 SDef
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Bounce

One of the best pokemon. And i just like the bulkier version much more, even if it's way slower. Well i think everything is self-explanatory. Oh and why Bounce? Well, because it has 5% accuracy more than Stone Edge, it has a great chance to paralyze the opponent, it hits celebi hard and finally i get some HP back while being in the air. It's just so much better than noobish Stone Edge, lol.
Pretty cool synergie with celebi.

Scizor (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

I'm just wondering why nobody uses this pokemon, it has to be in any team, so useful and such a great typing. Some kind of mystery.
I run Quick Attack over Pursuit, because i really never ever used pursuit in my life on a Scizor. Gengars won't switch out, since everybody knows they get fucked up then, i just Bullet Punch them. And even if they run away (never happened to me), im gonna kill that one later.
Quick Attack hits Gyarados more, and it's better to kill Infernapes.
Oh yeah i heard Scizor also works well with Flygon, that's another reason i chose him.
And fuck off Rotom lol, you can't tell me to keep Pursuit for Rotom, that's just a joke damage to them, i dont care about Rotom, my Scizor doesn't like Rotom so something else will take Rotom. Fucking Rotom.
Hit me with a fire move, so that Heatran can sweep you away.

Flygon (Flygon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Thunderpunch

So here it is, the Flygon. First i had Swampert in here, but well, it was just useless, i didn't need it a fucking time, and it was slow as hell, so i needed something more useful, something faster, and something that is immune to Spikes, TSpikes, SR, and Electric. Hello Flygon.
Thunderpunch over Stone Edge, because i hate Stone Edge and Thunderpunch sounds better, and it's still enough to kill Gyarados.
Nothing special, i never used a flygon, that's the first time, it's pretty cool.
Flygon likes to eat electric moves against Gyarados, and he does very well with Scizor.

Suggestions, feedback and so on are welcome :)

I like the team... as I like all OU teams, which is why this is un-original. All OU teams ive seen have Scizor, Flygon, and Gyarados/Heatran, along with some half legendary pokemon like Celebi,Jirachi,Lati@s, its all the same with the same moves almost too...

and I wont look at the team right now but I bet Scizor has Bullet Punch, U Turn, and Superpower... which are good moves, but your opponent will see that coming. Flygon... Dragon Claw, Outrage, probally holding Choice Band/Scarf.

These are good pokemon but when you send Flygon out, you opponent will prepare for a counter which will then in case make you switch out, and the whole battle will be going on because of switches.

Its a good team tho... i would be glad to have this team. =)

I like the team... as I like all OU teams, which is why this is un-original. All OU teams ive seen have Scizor, Flygon, and Gyarados/Heatran, along with some half legendary pokemon like Celebi,Jirachi,Lati@s, its all the same with the same moves almost too...

and I wont look at the team right now but I bet Scizor has Bullet Punch, U Turn, and Superpower... which are good moves, but your opponent will see that coming. Flygon... Dragon Claw, Outrage, probally holding Choice Band/Scarf.

These are good pokemon but when you send Flygon out, you opponent will prepare for a counter which will then in case make you switch out, and the whole battle will be going on because of switches.

Its a good team tho... i would be glad to have this team. =)
iknow, i created funteams all the time, but i thought its time to make a decent OU team again just to win as much battles as possible and maybe try my luck on the leaderboard :)

Standard is standard for a reason, Kool-A.

But this team is so Salamence weak, it's not even funny. Once Machamp and it's Ice Punch is taken care of, Salamence can come out and sweep this team, bar Flygon. Try to fit an Ice-type move in there... I'm not sure what would work, help me out forum.

Lose Bounce on Gyarados, Thunder still destroys you. 80 Accuracy on Stone Edge plus a +1 CH rate is reliable enough to get you out of tight spots.

I also just noticed, the odd Electivire is an even bigger threat to this team, hitting all but Machamp SE. Flygon and EQ it, but if it predicts the switch, you're boned. If Flygon is already dead, you're even more boned.

In fact, here is the team's synergy:

You'll notice the team has a nice amount of resistances, but it has about just as may weaknesses. They work well together in terms of resistance, but don't support each other's weaknesses well enough considering the coverage on the likes of MixMence and Electivire.

I gotta go, I might be back later to cover some more stuff.

Good luck!

Celebi is so predicatable with heatran and without a spinner, gyarados is crippled. Here are some better ideas:

Swap gyarados with an agili +3 attack empoleon. You now have good synergy with celebi while being able to switch into sr without a problem...

Unfortunately, you don't have a spin blocker which coul be troublesome. The best replacement is a bulkiesh rotom-c. It can survive a +1 waterfall from gyarados, amd with t-bolt, leaf storm, hp fire and wow/ reflect you scare away bulky waters while luring in steels who try to set up.

So why salamence weak? i got gyarados to intimdate switching, celebi to get up Reflect, Bulletpunch for the prioraty (even 2 times), steel types to eat the Outrages and hit back either with bulletpunch, or Fireblast/Explosion.
i didnt get fucked up by any salamence so far.
and by the way, i think there isnt a salamence COUNTER or something lol

to the rapidspinner-blocker (GHOST), i dont think i need it, because, if facing a starmie, i won't switch into rotom or gengar or whatever since it coult OHKO or if not OHKO then 2HKO me (1hit from the switch in), just too risky to lose one pokemon just for expecting Rapidspin and they gonna HydroPump or something. Against stallteams and things like Forretress or Tentacruel, yes maybe that's bad, but often a stallteam is build like that that switchings wont hurt them, many SR resistance, so i dont care really if it's up there or not. but maybe im gonna try that one out, for celebi, then i also got something to hit back togekiss and the annoying air slash, because fly moves are not covered. but then i got nothing to hurt swampert.

some people told me that i got a crocune weak, what do you think? i can't really do much on crocune, Taunt it with gyarados as soon as possible and then explode on it with heatran, but if thats the only way, and he switches out on the explode, and comes back later, im in trouble GUESS

@GBCHAOSMASTER

didnt know that there is such a team synergy "list", thanks for that.
but you said my synergy isnt that good
well when im looking at that, i think its better than good, isnt it? oO thats how i always built a team, having weaknesses, but always more than 1 pokemon that covers this weakness.(just not flying and ice in that team) am i doing anything bad? xD

BUMP it

btw, why you guys think if i change Celebi with some kind of rotom? i thought about this set right here:

Rotom-? @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
~Thunderbolt
~Shadowball
~Overheat / Leaf Storm
~Reflect

mainly they do the same job (celebi and rotom)
what i could also do, to keep the coverage of celebi, is to give rotom the following moves:

~Thunderbolt
~Leafstorm
~HP[Fire]
~Reflect

Well i dont really know!:(

HP Fire is crap on Rotom, gives ttar a free switch in to pursuit you to death. If you use rotom use pain split instead so you have recovery.

ill come back later for a better rate.

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You have a really good team here and there aren't too many problems present. I can only provide you with one or two suggestions for the time being. Firstly, consider running Dragon Claw over Outrage on your Flygon. Yes, it is a massive compromise in strength, but the fact that Flygon is such a fundamental check to Salamence and other fast Pokémon, you just cannot afford to find yourself stuck in the same move whilst your opponent sets up on you. For example, if a Calm Mind Jirachi sets up on a three-turn Outraging Flygon, then you're in real trouble, especially if it has Wish and/or Heatran is gone.

lol, random thought: you could even consider running Rest / Sleep Talk / Waterfall / Dragon Dance on Gyarados if you really wanted a reliable check to Lucario that could repeatedly switch into it, but also a decent check to some Infernape. The EV spread would alternate to something more defensive such as: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 104 Def / 116 SpD. Furthermore, if you paired this Gyarados with Pursuit on Scizor over Quick Attack, you actually fair much better against stall teams than you would have otherwise lol. Yes, random thought, but it makes sense! Albeit risky since you could be losing Taunt if you do pay attention to what I've just blurted out.

Consider using a Lead Starmie instead of Machamp. I know you lose the synergy with Heatran but Starmie and Heatran still have pretty good synergy, only losing to Lead Tyranitar iirc. The reason you should consider this is because Starmie can Rapid Spin the Stealth Rocks away from your side of the field and that makes it easier for Gyarados to sweep. You should also consider this because you have a slight Bounce Gyarados weakness since Celebi loses to Bounce. Gyarados can also set up with ease on most of the moves of your three choice users, which brings me to my next point...

You have three choice users which makes you kind of stall weak and you become set up fodder for things such as Bounce Gyarados. Because Flygon and Heatran have such good synergy as Scarfers, each taking out the pokemon that can set up on the other, and Scizor and Flygon can't really do their jobs without choice items, I see no way to "fix" this problem, instead just be careful when you use Outrage with Flygon or Stealth Rock to reduce the amount of times an opponent can set up on you.

EDIT: Suggestion for the ev spread on Celebi, 252 HP 246S.ATK 10SPD. This allows you to always ohko 248HP/0S.DEF Scizor with HP Fire. (Before or after sr i can't remember, but i'll get back to you on that). Additionally you could run 182SPD and drop some HP so you can outspeed Jolly Lucario, which this is your best check for (due to Gyara's sr weakness it is unreliable at best).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)