Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

This week competition is one of the harder ones. Tailwind is an interesting move and provides slower mons the advantage however it is as mentioned before very hard to use. With the idea of tailwind I first need a mon who knows the move. I chose Whimsicott because of the idea that I have priority tailwind for a last ditch effort and proceed to kill with the two main attackers. Banded Dragonite and adamant Mega Heracross. Which kills everything in sight with a little bit of setup from the rest of the team. First I needed stealth rocks and a way to deal with clefable which mean taunt Heatran is my best option. Next, I needed a mon that checks heatrans weaknesses which bought up defensive rotom-w and allow me to complete the GWF core. Finally LAtias for a defogger and to be able to play my heracross a little recklessly with healing wish. And that's the team. If you don’t get the sets please look it up on the pokedex because it is very helpful.

Perfect example of how to setup a sweep with tailwind with a ton of set up.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-334991669

How to kill 5 mons with Heracross
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-335003594

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 96 SpD / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast

Tornadus @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Tailwind
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Superpower

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
This is a really fun darkspam team that utilises Tailwind alongside SD Bisharp and CB Hoopa-U. Keldeo stops this team getting 6:0'd by Bisharp wheras Lando-T gives me a stop to sand when I don't have Tailwind up. While having Stun Spore may seem arbitrary, Whimsicott appreciates the 25% immobilisation rate when it hits, and the permanent effect often comes into play late game when Tailwind wears off before I'm done cleaning. SD Lando is threatening in general, and I opted for Yache>Soft Sand to give the team a more reliable answer to elecs in general without sacrificing the sand matchup like subbing it for something like Mamo would do. Whimsi evs outpace fastchomp and balance defenses.

I went 20:0 on mid ladder with this, meaning that either the ladder is beyond repair or that this team is at least semi solid (^o^)

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, time to update this thread, really love the submissions despite the rather complex to use. Hope you at least had fun building those since thats what is important. Pretty satisfied with the results.

Voting time!

Team 1

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Rash Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off
- Earthquake / Rock Slide

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]
This is a team I made and used this afternoon and it worked pretty well for me. I was lurking through the forums and saw a LO Tangrowth set in TNBT that I wanted to try it. I started off with Tailwind Mega Altaria + LO Tangrowth as a core as I figured that they could work pretty well together. Tangrowth under Tailwind outspeeds everything up to Scarf Tyranitar and with LO and good coverage there aren't many pokemon that switch in safely. If lucky, you can catch Heatran off guard with Earthquake and give Mega Altaria a much easier time cleaning up. Slowbro finishes up the small Regenerator core with Tangrowth. It acts as a much needed check to Excadrill, Talonflame, Mega Lopunny, and Azumarill. I decided to go for the Calm Mind set because I didn't think Thunder Wave was necessary, as its main target Charizard-X is already defeated by Mega Altaria. Jirachi is the mandatory Steel-Type Pokémon™, as well as being the prime revengekiller of the team and check to many other checks like Mega Gardevoir and Kyurem-B. Heart Stamp because nobody likes MVenusaur and it also OHKO's Gengar so you don't risk getting swept by it if Iron Head doesn't flinch. Keldeo is just Keldeo, I decided that this time it would be nice to actually have a good Bisharp check and since I also struggled with Weavile, Scizor and MGyarados, Specs Keldeo seemed like the best option. HP Flying to lure in yet another counter to Mega Altaria in Mega Venusaur, other 3 moves are usual business. Last teammate I thought it would maybe be a good idea to put Stealth Rock on the team (actually had this on Jirachi after 4 mons but changed it). I chose Krookodile for a few reasons: 1. Pursuit does around 50% to offensive Heatran if it switches out, so repeat that twice and you have another Mega Altaria counter gone 2. I really disliked the ground types with the 4x Ice Weakness because I wanted something to check offensive electrics before Altaria went Mega and 3. It is a fantastic pokemon under Tailwind. LO Krookodile does a lot of damage to whatever switches in as long as it is not some way too bulky Skarmory or defensive Landorus-T. I only faced Gengar once with this team and I could quickly beat it by leading with Mega Altaria, setting up Tailwind on the incoming Gengar, sac something and trapping Gengar with Pursuit (only losing 1 mon vs. Gengar is worth it). LO Krookodile and LO Tangrowth are both extremely fun mons to use when Tailwind is up. They are a bit trickier to use outside of Tailwind because they warrant much more prediction but the fact that the opponent doesn't have a single clue what they should switch in really comes in handy.
Gengar and Mega Pinsir are the two biggest threats. Both can be revengekilled by Jirachi and if Mega Altaria manages to get up a Tailwind they are both much easier to deal with. Luckily they both aren't really common. Also the lack of hazards removal isn't that big of a deal because only Mega Altaria dislikes Stealth Rock pre-mega, the other pokemon have either Regenerator or a Stealth Rock resistance so they don't get hurt too much. Spikes can be annoying but most Spikes users can be lured in pretty quickly early game by Tangrowth

Team 2

Latios @ Light Clay
EVs: 152 HP / 4 Def / 100 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Memento / Draco Meteor
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Tailwind / Draco Meteor

Altalia (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind

Tylantlum (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake / Dragon Claw

Emboal (Emboar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

Landolust (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 88 HP / 136 Atk / 92 Def / 8 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock / Rock Polish / U-Turn

Toxicloak (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
So I decided if I was going to use Tailwind, I wasn't going to try and make it something like Tailwind Talonflame on a standard team. I wanted to go balls to the walls and really make this the most garbage team possible.
When you're making garbage, one of the first steps is an ineffective suicide lead. Not something useful like Azelf, no. Use something awful like Dual Screens Latios, or Explosion Mew, they're much worse, and therefore better. I engineered Latios' spread to never be KOed by Life Orb Gengar's Shadow Ball, that way at minimum I got at least 1 of what I needed, whether that be a Screen, or Tailwind. Obviously if you're feeling lucky, and win the Speed tie, you get the Light Screen, and something else. The spread also avoids being KOed by Mega Lopunny's Fake Out + Return bar a 1.2% chance where they get a max roll on Fake Out, and on Return. I don't ever get max rolls, so I just assumed no one does.
Next I added Tailwind Mega Charizard X, but it really struggled to get Tailwind up vs anything, neutrality to most priority, and weakness to Scald made it hard to set up, so I switched to Mega Altaria instead, which resists Sucker Punch, Mach Punch, Aqua Jet, and Scald, and setup did become a slight bit easier.
Next you need a Talonflame switchin, because Brave Bird doesn't care about Tailwind. The only Rock type I could find with any semblance of offensive presence that also actually checked Talonflame was Tyrantrum. Stuff like Rhyperior was too slow, even under Trick Room, and stuff like Rampardos is 2HKOed by CB, and even has a chance to be 2HKOed by SD. So there wasn't much choice here, and Tyrantrum was added.
Next I needed a check to Weavile/Bisharp etc, because my current team was pretty much ravaged by Ice types alone, but having a secondary Sucker Punch/Knock Off resist is never bad. Again, not a lot of choice here, there's not many offensive switchins to Weavile, it's a hard STAB combination to switch into. The list was pretty much; Keldeo, Azumarill, Cobalion, and Emboar. Which one of those is the coolest? Yes, it's Emboar, so I added it.
Next I wanted a Sand check, because right now my Ground resist was not mega evolving with Altaria, or taking advantage of 0 Attacks Latios. Earth Plate Lando added some nice offensive presence, and I managed to make a cool spread out of it too. The spread is never 2HKOed by Sand Rush Exca, even after Rocks, which is something that 56 HP spread doesn't mention, you're still dying after Rocks. Enough Speed for positive nature base 70's seemed obvious, because I at least needed some Speed, but I'd invested so much in HP and Def, I knew I couldn't go max max. I put the rest in Attack, and I noticed I hit a jump point with 8 spare EVs. I threw them in SpD, and then through testing I found out 88 HP, and 8 SpD actually guarantees you always live 1 HP Ice from Raikou, so that was fun.
I tested with a few things in the last slot, but after constantly losing to Keldeo, and Azumarill, I added Toxicroak as a nice check to those. It kinda rounded out the physical spam thing, so I just didn't question it.

Team 3

The Arbiter (Volcarona) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Ground]

SGT. Johnson (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Master Chief (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Buck (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 68 SpA / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Cortana (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Mickey (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
T A I L W I N D!
Crawdaunt, slow enough to outspeed bulky mons but too slow to get out sped by faster threats thus making it a perfect cantidate for tailwind, with tailwind support Crawdaunt can single handedly break teams with tailwind. Bringing back B&W with lead Volcarona with tailwind support and hp ground to lure those pesky heatrans . Lando here serves as a backup clef check at well as bombing everything with e plate eq lando also serves as a good backup sableye and clefable "check". Gardevoir is here to decimate things that usually out speed it and ohko her like weavile, sand and scarf exca (given you hit focus blast x) ), gengar, cobalion, kabutops in rain, kingdra, offensive garchomp,and tornadus im sure i missed a few. Zapdos is here to synergize with Gardevoir by checking the likes of talonflame, scizor, and klefki while also supporting the team with tail wind and checking bulky water types. Lastly you might be thinking wtf is Breloom doing here, Breloom is here for a fast spore which can create free turns of set-up while staying at full hp and i also liked these calcs

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 282-336 (88.4 - 105.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 96 HP / 0- Def Tornadus-T: 348-408 (107.7 - 126.3%)
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 171-204 (52.2 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 348-408 (116.3 - 136.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Altaria: 152-179 (52.2 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

These calcs come from the cost of being adamant xD but imo its justified to have adamant because of tailwind support. But Gardevoir has to be Timid for jolly sand exca.

Final thesis: Tailwind opens up much potential for mons :)

Team 4

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- Encore

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
EVs: 112 Atk / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icy Wind
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
So yeah, best way to take advantage of tailwind is have a pair of monstrous wallbreakers to take advantages of the extra speed and then have a mon that could clean the team later on. Mega Zard-Y + tailwind sounded really tempting so went with that. Paired it with the amazing choice band tyranitar which is able to brutalize a plethora of defensive cores alongside zard-Y. The ev spread is designed to be most effective during tailwind, outspeeding everything up to mega lopunny and mega manectric under tailwind. Tyranitar also cover a ton of things defensively. Next, the tailwind setter and the whole idea behind the team so enter whimsicott! Priority encore and tailwind is godly, provides pivoting and a good response to plenty of annoying setup sweepers which would just sweep me. Next, zard-Y demands hazard removal so enter latios. Surf help to consistently beat opposing hippowdon and heatran without spdef drops.

Next, needed a scarfer to revenge kill stuff so enter keldeo. Scarf keldeo works well here, checking ton of extremely dangerous threats like bisharp, scizor and weavile. HP Electric is a filler, mainly to finish off a weakened gyarados or even azumarill if needed. Last I was lacking rocks and a fairy resist. Wanted a more active fairy check so went with a stealth rock jirachi. Rather funky set but it does the trick wearing down lando-t and garchomps. Fire punch so mainly ferrothorn isnt so annoying since no hp fire lati here and iron head to just do jirachi things.

Offensive threats are pretty annoying, mainly sand and mega lopunny, the latter mainly due to fake out eating a valuable tailwind turn which is pretty annoying but it is rather manageable. It is offense so there is a natural weakness to it. Mega alakazam is also pretty painful to go against but there is counterplay still.

Team 5

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
This week competition is one of the harder ones. Tailwind is an interesting move and provides slower mons the advantage however it is as mentioned before very hard to use. With the idea of tailwind I first need a mon who knows the move. I chose Whimsicott because of the idea that I have priority tailwind for a last ditch effort and proceed to kill with the two main attackers. Banded Dragonite and adamant Mega Heracross. Which kills everything in sight with a little bit of setup from the rest of the team. First I needed stealth rocks and a way to deal with clefable which mean taunt Heatran is my best option. Next, I needed a mon that checks heatrans weaknesses which bought up defensive rotom-w and allow me to complete the GWF core. Finally LAtias for a defogger and to be able to play my heracross a little recklessly with healing wish. And that's the team. If you don’t get the sets please look it up on the pokedex because it is very helpful.
Perfect example of how to setup a sweep with tailwind with a ton of set up.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-334991669

How to kill 5 mons with Heracross
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-335003594

Team 6

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 96 SpD / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast

Tornadus @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Tailwind
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Superpower

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
This is a really fun darkspam team that utilises Tailwind alongside SD Bisharp and CB Hoopa-U. Keldeo stops this team getting 6:0'd by Bisharp wheras Lando-T gives me a stop to sand when I don't have Tailwind up. While having Stun Spore may seem arbitrary, Whimsicott appreciates the 25% immobilisation rate when it hits, and the permanent effect often comes into play late game when Tailwind wears off before I'm done cleaning. SD Lando is threatening in general, and I opted for Yache>Soft Sand to give the team a more reliable answer to elecs in general without sacrificing the sand matchup like subbing it for something like Mamo would do. Whimsi evs outpace fastchomp and balance defenses.

I went 20:0 on mid ladder with this, meaning that either the ladder is beyond repair or that this team is at least semi solid (^o^)

Lovely! Voting last until friday at 10:00 PM GMT -5. May the best win.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not much votes but this will have to suffice, Team 3 by SCARF ROCKS win this round. Will be added to the hall of fame shortly. Not how I wanted a tailwind round to end but guess it proved to be pretty challenging after all, Im fine with this :)

Round 27:

+

Taking this pair directly from the core analysis thread. Offensive and typing synergy between the 2 is really nice with hydreigon taking dark, fire, ghost and ground attacks for jirachi while jirachi resists ice, dragon and fairy for the hydra. Best of luck to everyone in this new round.

Phantom Me

Banned deucer.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

Serperior (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Explanation: The core is
Hydreigon+Jirachi thus I wanted to create an offense team with it. Landorus is here as a Stealth Rock support and also forms a U-turn core with Jirachi Serperior is here to punish the water types. Keldeo deals with fire, steel and dark types, which Jirachi is weak to. The last slot is for a mega, and Gardevoir fits in this role very well, as it deals with stall teams with Will-O-Wisp.

Last edited:

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Heal Bell

Landorus-Therian @ Passho Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Alright so here we go. Okay I went with Mega Lopunny on this one. Added Landorus-T as a very obvious teammate, like, literally the most obvious choice ever. Azumarill was added to pivot into many special attackers and work as a general offensive tank. Ferrothorn for spikes - I couldn't find a good spinner or defogger that would actually fit with Hydreigon + Jirachi, closest I could see was Latios but it compounds weaknesses.

Team was very weak to Heatran, outside of Azumarill who could get burned, so I went with Heal Bell Mega Lopunny. Hydreigon was my only check to Slowbro too, so I figured I would need Toxic on Jirachi. SubToxic Jirachi works as an amazing stallbreaker. Substitute helps with Sucker Punch plays from Bisharp too, and lets me flinch and burn things, you know, typical Jirachi stuff. Passho Landorus-T in case I need it to revenge like Scarf Keldeo, doesn't take Scald very well even with Passho but Scarf Keldeo does 49.2-58.3% with Scald which you can use to surprise your opponent. Ferrothorn is just the standard spread because it's my Manaphy check.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
Healthy reminder that this round ends Wednesday at 9:30 PM GMT -5

More submissions would be nice tbh :(

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 220 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Charge Beam
- Substitute

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost
- Aura Sphere

So I'm pretty ass at teambuilding, but ill give it a shot. I first started with Bulky SubChargeBeam Hydreigon as a wincon and also to be creative i guess. SpDef Jirachi gave a switch to every fairy not named Azumarill, and also provides wish support to the rest of my team. Rotom-W was added as a check to Landorus and TankChomp, and walls most ground types. 30 Speed IV's allowed it to always get off the last volt switch, giving me the momentum. Mega Diancie was added as a charizard check, a Keldeo check, and a way to beat Heatran. Talonflame was added for priority, as i was pretty weak to Mega Lopunny, Weavile, and fast attackers in general. The EV spread outspeeds Excadrill. Finally, I added Mew for defog support if Mega Diancie were to go down. Aura Sphere> Knock off because otherwise Lum Bisharp screws over the team. Colbur berry is for the same purpose, allowing it to 2-3HKO most Tyranitars easily. Threats are Charizard-X and Scarf Keldeo.

Have another team

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Atk / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Body Slam

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Serperior @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
Ok so basically Lando-t is definitely a great mon to use with this core, takes on fighting coverage, edgequake, and stuff like opposing lando which can u-turn on hydra for good damage, etc. I decided scarfrachi was boring, and I wanted to use DD Lando because hydra helps it get up set-up opportunities on stuff like choice locked keld (it can roost off water moves, and lando will set-up on secret sword). Yache is here because I felt electric types could be threatening, and it also eases set-up on hp ice torn and helps me from getting revenged by ice shard weavile. I added AV Serp as a bulky water resist that also exploited icy wind from said keldeo, giving it a solid speed boost. AV is really nice as you can also run giga for extra durability and not risk missing, and you can sponge a bunch of hits really nicely. Diancie pairs very well with Serp to take on torn, fire types, etc. and also pairs well with dd lando because it means you can get set-up from opposing lando pretty easily. Fairy typing is solid too to help take on dragons so rachi doesn't have to handle everything. I'm running atk investment so I can 2hko clef on the switch, which makes me less reliant on rachi (or potentially serp/lando) to take it down. This helps out hydra and keld out especially, but is just good overall. Another benefit is for hitting chansey quite hard, which means if i can soften up skarm/guss diancie has a solid shot at attempting to help break stall. Scarf Keld cleans up the team, checking fast stuff / dark types like bish.

A few things that I haven't worked out yet detail whether I want epower on diancie or not (and perhaps if i prefer satk investment to satk investment) / alternate coverage on hydreigon, and rachi/keld.
i'm using modest keld because the extra power is really nice when scarf keld is a bit weak, so i'm using body slam on rachi so i'm not set-up fodder or something. Since diancie doesn't have epower + satk investment it can't necessarily reliable take on bish and i don't want modest keld knocked off, so an adjustment would be either to the diancie, or to use u-turn > body slam (helps the momentum game) and timid keld. Honestly, i'm gonna make the change in the teambuilder but i'm too lazy to make it here, and the team is still quite good imo. Hope u liked it, I personally think its pretty solid and a bit creative, while it still works well to achieve the overall goal of a lando sweep while utilizing rachi and hydra for that nicely. I used this vs Shoka for ost and won the game pretty nicely so i'm happy with the result.

I decided to be different and not use a mega fairy ^^
upload_2016-3-1_22-27-51.png
upload_2016-3-1_22-28-29.png
upload_2016-3-1_22-28-56.png
upload_2016-3-1_22-29-34.png
upload_2016-3-1_22-30-10.png
upload_2016-3-1_22-30-27.png

The Team
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

Building Process
Like everyone else i decided to add landorus-t as it is just so good with the core. Next i needed to decide on a mega so i chose mega manectric as it goes very well with jirachi and landorus. Then i noticed i was very weak to keldeo so i decided to add av azumaril. Finally i added breloom because i needed a mon that can ohko tar and hippow. It also checks loppuny which takes alot of pressure off lando.

p2

Banned deucer.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Flash Cannon

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 88 Def / 24 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt

[23:46:34] +user p2: i cant build with this
[23:47:16] +user p2: http://hastebin.com/apofemopiq.md
[23:47:39] +user p2: hmm
[23:47:43] +user p2: i think im gonna
[23:47:47] +user p2: replace megagross
[23:47:51] +user p2: and change lati to cm latias

ok so last minute teambuild. this core was actually kinda annoying to build with, i tried to not to use a mega fairy because these builds seem a bit generic but i wasn't getting anywhere. i just decided to work on one of my older teams and replaced megagross for rachi and changed latios to cm thunderbolt mega latias. so yeah i wanted to make bulky offense with clef. ice beam helps out with grounds which can be annoying sometimes and it saves me letting lando get worn down, also gliscor can be pretty annoying. lando-t is the rocker of choice, checks just about everything in the meta and i can't stop running it. sd pressures clef because its a pain in the ass because its just paras everything otherwise. looking weak to dark types so keldeos the pretty standard response to that, scarf helps against +1 stuff and hp grass hits gastrodon which is a pain too. latias is a weird set, but im mainly using tbolt because azu pressures the hell out of this team.

like i said, pretty much a last minute build so i dont expect this team to be very good.

[23:58:20] +user p2: my lando spread lives a wfall from band so its ok

MrAldo

Hey
Ok, it is time to update, pretty neat submissions everyone and thanks for the support!

Voting time!

Team 1

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

Serperior (M) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

The core is
Hydreigon+Jirachi thus I wanted to create an offense team with it. Landorus is here as a Stealth Rock support and also forms a U-turn core with Jirachi Serperior is here to punish the water types. Keldeo deals with fire, steel and dark types, which Jirachi is weak to. The last slot is for a mega, and Gardevoir fits in this role very well, as it deals with stall teams with Will-O-Wisp.

Team 2

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Heal Bell

Landorus-Therian @ Passho Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Alright so here we go. Okay I went with Mega Lopunny on this one. Added Landorus-T as a very obvious teammate, like, literally the most obvious choice ever. Azumarill was added to pivot into many special attackers and work as a general offensive tank. Ferrothorn for spikes - I couldn't find a good spinner or defogger that would actually fit with Hydreigon + Jirachi, closest I could see was Latios but it compounds weaknesses.

Team was very weak to Heatran, outside of Azumarill who could get burned, so I went with Heal Bell Mega Lopunny. Hydreigon was my only check to Slowbro too, so I figured I would need Toxic on Jirachi. SubToxic Jirachi works as an amazing stallbreaker. Substitute helps with Sucker Punch plays from Bisharp too, and lets me flinch and burn things, you know, typical Jirachi stuff. Passho Landorus-T in case I need it to revenge like Scarf Keldeo, doesn't take Scald very well even with Passho but Scarf Keldeo does 49.2-58.3% with Scald which you can use to surprise your opponent. Ferrothorn is just the standard spread because it's my Manaphy check.

Team 3

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 220 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Charge Beam
- Substitute

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost
- Aura Sphere

So I'm pretty ass at teambuilding, but ill give it a shot. I first started with Bulky SubChargeBeam Hydreigon as a wincon and also to be creative i guess. SpDef Jirachi gave a switch to every fairy not named Azumarill, and also provides wish support to the rest of my team. Rotom-W was added as a check to Landorus and TankChomp, and walls most ground types. 30 Speed IV's allowed it to always get off the last volt switch, giving me the momentum. Mega Diancie was added as a charizard check, a Keldeo check, and a way to beat Heatran. Talonflame was added for priority, as i was pretty weak to Mega Lopunny, Weavile, and fast attackers in general. The EV spread outspeeds Excadrill. Finally, I added Mew for defog support if Mega Diancie were to go down. Aura Sphere> Knock off because otherwise Lum Bisharp screws over the team. Colbur berry is for the same purpose, allowing it to 2-3HKO most Tyranitars easily. Threats are Charizard-X and Scarf Keldeo.

Team 4

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Atk / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Body Slam

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Serperior @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Ok so basically Lando-t is definitely a great mon to use with this core, takes on fighting coverage, edgequake, and stuff like opposing lando which can u-turn on hydra for good damage, etc. I decided scarfrachi was boring, and I wanted to use DD Lando because hydra helps it get up set-up opportunities on stuff like choice locked keld (it can roost off water moves, and lando will set-up on secret sword). Yache is here because I felt electric types could be threatening, and it also eases set-up on hp ice torn and helps me from getting revenged by ice shard weavile. I added AV Serp as a bulky water resist that also exploited icy wind from said keldeo, giving it a solid speed boost. AV is really nice as you can also run giga for extra durability and not risk missing, and you can sponge a bunch of hits really nicely. Diancie pairs very well with Serp to take on torn, fire types, etc. and also pairs well with dd lando because it means you can get set-up from opposing lando pretty easily. Fairy typing is solid too to help take on dragons so rachi doesn't have to handle everything. I'm running atk investment so I can 2hko clef on the switch, which makes me less reliant on rachi (or potentially serp/lando) to take it down. This helps out hydra and keld out especially, but is just good overall. Another benefit is for hitting chansey quite hard, which means if i can soften up skarm/guss diancie has a solid shot at attempting to help break stall. Scarf Keld cleans up the team, checking fast stuff / dark types like bish.

A few things that I haven't worked out yet detail whether I want epower on diancie or not (and perhaps if i prefer satk investment to satk investment) / alternate coverage on hydreigon, and rachi/keld.
i'm using modest keld because the extra power is really nice when scarf keld is a bit weak, so i'm using body slam on rachi so i'm not set-up fodder or something. Since diancie doesn't have epower + satk investment it can't necessarily reliable take on bish and i don't want modest keld knocked off, so an adjustment would be either to the diancie, or to use u-turn > body slam (helps the momentum game) and timid keld. Honestly, i'm gonna make the change in the teambuilder but i'm too lazy to make it here, and the team is still quite good imo. Hope u liked it, I personally think its pretty solid and a bit creative, while it still works well to achieve the overall goal of a lando sweep while utilizing rachi and hydra for that nicely. I used this vs Shoka for ost and won the game pretty nicely so i'm happy with the result.

Team 5

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

Like everyone else i decided to add landorus-t as it is just so good with the core. Next i needed to decide on a mega so i chose mega manectric as it goes very well with jirachi and landorus. Then i noticed i was very weak to keldeo so i decided to add av azumaril. Finally i added breloom because i needed a mon that can ohko tar and hippow. It also checks loppuny which takes alot of pressure off lando.

Team 6

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Flash Cannon

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 88 Def / 24 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt

[23:46:34] +user p2: i cant build with this
[23:47:16] +user p2: http://hastebin.com/apofemopiq.md
[23:47:39] +user p2: hmm
[23:47:43] +user p2: i think im gonna
[23:47:47] +user p2: replace megagross
[23:47:51] +user p2: and change lati to cm latias

ok so last minute teambuild. this core was actually kinda annoying to build with, i tried to not to use a mega fairy because these builds seem a bit generic but i wasn't getting anywhere. i just decided to work on one of my older teams and replaced megagross for rachi and changed latios to cm thunderbolt mega latias. so yeah i wanted to make bulky offense with clef. ice beam helps out with grounds which can be annoying sometimes and it saves me letting lando get worn down, also gliscor can be pretty annoying. lando-t is the rocker of choice, checks just about everything in the meta and i can't stop running it. sd pressures clef because its a pain in the ass because its just paras everything otherwise. looking weak to dark types so keldeos the pretty standard response to that, scarf helps against +1 stuff and hp grass hits gastrodon which is a pain too. latias is a weird set, but im mainly using tbolt because azu pressures the hell out of this team.

like i said, pretty much a last minute build so i dont expect this team to be very good.

[23:58:20] +user p2: my lando spread lives a wfall from band so its ok

Votind ends on Friday, 10:00 pm GMT -5. May the best win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)