Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayburner

WHAT A POGGER CURRY!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion

CM Tapu Lele Veil HO
Requested by HarrisIsAwesome
http://pokepast.es/a03ba2253240a61b

I chose a rather different route with the Lele set, because I found specs to have more use on almost all bulky offence builds, (with a few exceptions) and a friend of mine suggested trying the set on aurora veil. I was skeptical at first, but it actually worked very well. He passed me a team to try it with, but I felt like some pieces were missing although it was a solid team. I set about building my own, and I think my version is very solid although I'll link Scarf Nihilego version down below if you want to try his as well.

I started off with Alolan Ninetales and Lele of course, and chose the standard Alolan Ninetales set. The Lele set can be swapped for Psychic over Psyshock, but I prefer not being walled by Chansey on this team. Next up, I chose the 2 core mons of almost all veil teams, Zygarde and Magearna. For the Zygarde, I decided to go with Sub Double Dance, because of the psychic terrain from Lele, and also for beating Ferrothorn without it knocking off items throughout the team. The Magearna set is the usual Shift Gear Calm mind set, but I added Iapapa berry over leftovers as I find the passive recovery less useful. I tried a lot of mons for the last 2 slots, but ultimately settled on Azumarill and Landorus-T. Even with the Lele, I wanted some form of priority on the team and didn't want to replace
the Zygarde set. Azumarill filled the role well while providing useful resists. Azumarill under veil can be extremely dangerous if given a single free turn to set up a belly drum. I needed rocks, so I chose Earth Plate Landorus-T as well as adding a pivot to help get in Alolan Ninetales and the many sweepers. The team looks strange on paper, but I've done very well with it in tests and on ladder when trying it out, only lost a few games so far.

Weaknesses to the team include the usual weaknesses for veil teams, such as Tyranitar, Kartana, Mega Diancie, and Charizard-Y. All of these threats can be played around, although Swords Dance Kartana basically beats any veil if they win speed tie vs Alolan Ninetales. Mega Diancie matchup is made a bit easier by Azumarill, and Tyranitar can be pivoted around and if you hail on the switchin, it can give a free veil and then set up with Zygarde. One thing to watch for, is terrain turns with Lele. Particularly avoid sending in Azu under terrain, so just play carefully with that.

Alternative
Scarf Nihilego version:
https://pastebin.com/yXcm1rcB
This team uses Mega Gyarados in place of Azumarill and uses different sets on Zygarde and Landorus. Not much I can say as I didn't build it, if you have specific questions I'm sure he can answer them.

Last edited:

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
This thing has a nice SpA and with Agility outspeeds the majority of the tier (bar some scarf) so it could be a good cleaner. The EVs outspeed a version of Zygarde I think. I want to try to use it but I'm not really good at making teams.

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Requesting Earth Power Specs Hydreigon

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

Explanation:
Hydreigon is a pretty cool mon in OU. An interesting STAB combination, combined with good offenses and a decent coverage movepool make it an underrated force to be reckoned with when using Specs.

Earth Power on this set trades the ability to hit Clef, Lele and M-Dia 4x with Flash Cannon for a way to hit Toxapex, Heatran and Koko on the switch, with Pex being the main reason to run this:

252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 160-190 (52.8 - 62.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

(Draco Meteor always fails of 2HKO'ing Pex without hazards because of the SpA drop.)

Good luck in advance!

EDIT:
This used to be Kyu-B + Magearna, but a team featuring those two pokemons was already posted in the workshop.

This then used to be Offensive Bug-Z Volcarona, but a team with Volc is already/being made right now.

Last edited:
Requesting Weavile + Ash-Greninja

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs / Waterium-Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn / Spikes / Taunt

Weavile @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit / Low Kick

Description: A fun dark spam core with an underrated mon in gen ou meta being Weavile. Everyone knows what ash-gren is capable of (OP piece of shit). Both can dish off hard hits weakening each others checks/counters for the other to clean. Both using amazing speed tiers making them hard to revenge. Weavile can also be capable of running some lures such as like z-dig to nab a magearna or Fightium-z to potentially wipe out a ferrothorn or heatran. Wouldnt recommend those but something to think of.

Requesting M-Diancie + Flyinium Z Bulk Up Thundurus

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power Fire/Hidden Power Ice
- Earth Power/Stealth Rock

Thundurus @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Fly
- Wild Charge
- Superpower

I feel this core have great offensive sinergy. M-Diancie lures in a lot of mons who physical Thundurus can set up on such as Tangrowth,Ferrothorn and Toxapex, while offering Magic Bounce support to Thundurus, discouraging the use of Stealth Rock, on the other hand, Thundurus itself can lure in Chansey and can 2HKO with Superpower after rocks, which Diancie can provide. I think this core can be played into a more balanced team with hazard stack to take full advantage of Defiant.

Hayburner

WHAT A POGGER CURRY!

Sub Diancie + Bulk Up Thundurus
Requested by Lando-San
http://pokepast.es/7625fdace5462354

To start with, this core was rather difficult to build with, as both starting Pokemon offer very little defensive utility, but neither are faster than most common offensive threats such as Greninja and Tapu Koko, so there is a lot to beat in fewer slots. I tested a few different Thundurus and Diancie sets, and ultimately settled on the sub endeavor Diancie and the Bulk Up Thundurus originally requested. The first choice to put with these mons, was Ash Greninja. Greninja adds spikes to the core, and appreciates Thundurus breaking fat grasses and luring Chansey. After Greninja, the team was very weak to opposing Greninja and Tapu Koko, so I added Ferrothorn to check both and add a rocker to the team. At this point, I wanted a pivot to help get the offensive threats in, as well as a blanket check for mons such as Zygarde and Mawile. I settled on a set suggested by tigers jaw, Protect Lando T. The speed investment is to speed creep Heatran, while retaining bulk to beat Zygarde etc. Lando provides a pivot to help get in Thundurus and Diancie as both are rather frail and appreciate the slow U-Turn. The team was still too slow, and I needed a scarfer. I also wanted a secondary way to cripple Celesteela because Thundurus is not a reliable answer with its susceptibility to hazards and frailty. I chose Scarf Latios to add a keldeo answer as well, while having trick to potentially cripple a defensive threat such as Celesteela. Latios also provides hazard control for Thundurus, because Diancie cannot reliably keep off hazards.

The team is not perfect, and is particularly weak to HO builds which can pressure the defensive backbone and Thundurus mostly is deadweight against Hyper Offence teams. Other weakness include Celesteela if you can't successfully trick it, and Heatran can be annoying as well although there are a couple checks on team. SG fightinium z magearna also has minimal counterplay on this team but you can try and prevent set up and hazard stack or smth. Thundurus in general is a rather mediocre mon, but in some matchups it can put in a lot of work, particularly against balance teams, such as VenuSteela. Against most offensive teams, it will get a maximum of one kill and be sacked. Anyways the team is decent, hopefully you'll find success with it.

Last edited:

Nasty Plot Houndoom Bulky Offence

Requested by Indigo Plateau

Houndoom is one of my favorite Pokémon, so it was nice to see someone ask for it! I do also believe it has potential in this meta as well due to its ability to abuse a lot of common mon like Celesteela, Mew, Ferrothorn, Scizor etc. It also has a nice speed tier, access to nasty plot and pretty solid coverage overall. It's main issues lie in its lack of bulk (especially before M-Evo), along with weaknesses to Fighting, Water, Rock and Ground. Two of these types (Water and Ground) are on nearly every team and its rock type weakness makes it take 25% from SR; being grounded also makes it susceptible to T-Spikes and Spikes. This essentially makes Houndoom have an extremely hard time switching in, let alone setting up. My goal for the team was to allow Houndoom to come in safely and put in some work, which I think I've achieved!

After looking at the main limitations of Houndoom, I instantly knew i was going to need a form of hazard control. Latios was an easy pick for me, because it offered Houndoom so much by removing hazards, providing ground/fighting/water resistances and wearing down Houndooms checks. I made it surf, to better emphasize it's ability to wear down both Heatran and Tyranitar, two of houndooms best answers. I chose Colbur Berry to Lure and remove Greninja, which makes a late game clean a lot easier for Houndoom. Next, I wanted a solid rock resist, that could also take on Fairies Like Diancie and Scarf Lele, which posed an annoyance to Houndoom. I Initially thought about AV Magearna,as it did exactly what I needed defensively and provided momentum, but decided upon Jirachi. I made this choice, as Jirachi still did everything I wanted defensively and provided momentum, but also has the ability to wish pass. This was appealing as it helped dilute one of Houndooms biggest problems. Switching in. Following Jirachi, I was lacking rocks, a physical attack absorber and a ground, so I added Lando . I ended up going with Yache Berry, because i was generally weak to electrics like Koko and because if I could bait out the Hp ice and kill Koko with earthquake, Houndoom would not be threatened by it late game. I added my own Koko afterwards, as the team was lacking a way of dealing with stall, hence why I went with Z-Wildcharge Taunt. It's great speed tier, typing and access to taunt, also allowed me to stop hazards going up, which Houdoom greatly appreciated. Finally, I added Keldeo, as I was lacking a scarfer to revenge kill mons like Volcarona and a Greninja switch in. With Wish support, it can actually be sustained as a dependable check to mons like Greninja, Heatran, etc which is pretty nice.

The teams not without issues though, as rain doesn't have any solid answers to it. You do have two water resists and Jirachi to protect stall turns, so there is potential to win if you play wisely. Some kind of Quagsire-Sableye stall might just be an auto lose since you can't break it with your main stall breaker in Koko and you can't get rocks up and just click u-turn a million times till there in range of your attacks. Outside of these though, I think you have the tools to just about outplay any match-up.

There are some alternative sets you can use over the original I will give, one being Grass Knot > Hp Ice on Koko. This will improve your Quagsire stall match up and help with both Swampert and Gastrodon. Houndoom 4th move is something you can play around with, I have Hp-Grass to Smack Gastrodon which is really annoying for the team, while also still hitting Tar and Fini for damage. I believe Latios could get away with Hp Fighting to really smack Tar, but this would come at the cost of not hitting Heatran nearly as hard. Anyway, play around with the team, see what you like and I hope you have as much fun as I did using the team!

Last edited:

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader

Nasty Plot Houndoom Bulky Offence

Requested by Indigo Plateau

Houndoom is one of my favorite Pokémon, so it was nice to see someone ask for it! I do also believe it has potential in this meta as well due to its ability to abuse a lot of common mon like Celesteela, Mew, Ferrothorn, Scizor etc. It also has a nice speed tier, access to nasty plot and pretty solid coverage overall. It's main issues lie in its lack of bulk (especially before M-Evo), along with weaknesses to Fighting, Water, Rock and Ground. Two of these types (Water and Ground) are on nearly every team and its rock type weakness makes it take 25% from SR; being grounded also makes it susceptible to T-Spikes and Spikes. This essentially makes Houndoom have an extremely hard time switching in, let alone setting up. My goal for the team was to allow Houndoom to come in safely and put in some work, which I think I've achieved!

After looking at the main limitations of Houndoom, I instantly knew i was going to need a form of hazard control. Latios was an easy pick for me, because it offered Houndoom so much by removing hazards, providing ground/fighting/water resistances and wearing down Houndooms checks. I made it surf, to better emphasize it's ability to wear down both Heatran and Tyranitar, two of houndooms best answers. I chose Colbur Berry to Lure and remove Greninja, which makes a late game clean a lot easier for Houndoom. Next, I wanted a solid rock resist, that could also take on Fairies Like Diancie and Scarf Lele, which posed an annoyance to Houndoom. I Initially thought about AV Magearna,as it did exactly what I needed defensively and provided momentum, but decided upon Jirachi. I made this choice, as Jirachi still did everything I wanted defensively and provided momentum, but also has the ability to wish pass. This was appealing as it helped dilute one of Houndooms biggest problems. Switching in. Following Jirachi, I was lacking rocks, a physical attack absorber and a ground, so I added Lando . I ended up going with Yache Berry, because i was generally weak to electrics like Koko and because if I could bait out the Hp ice and kill Koko with earthquake, Houndoom would not be threatened by it late game. I added my own Koko afterwards, as the team was lacking a way of dealing with stall, hence why I went with Z-Wildcharge Taunt. It's great speed tier, typing and access to taunt, also allowed me to stop hazards going up, which Houdoom greatly appreciated. Finally, I added Keldeo, as I was lacking a scarfer to revenge kill mons like Volcarona and a Greninja switch in. With Wish support, it can actually be sustained as a dependable check to mons like Greninja, Heatran, etc which is pretty nice.

The teams not without issues though, as rain doesn't have any solid answers to it. You do have two water resists and Jirachi to protect stall turns, so there is potential to win if you play wisely. Some kind of Quagsire-Sableye stall might just be an auto lose since you can't break it with your main stall breaker in Koko and you can't get rocks up and just click u-turn a million times till there in range of your attacks. Outside of these though, I think you have the tools to just about outplay any match-up.

There are some alternative sets you can use over the original I will give, one being Grass Knot > Hp Ice on Koko. This will improve your Quagsire stall match up and help with both Swampert and Gastrodon. Houndoom 4th move is something you can play around with, I have Hp-Grass to Smack Gastrodon which is really annoying for the team, while also still hitting Tar and Fini for damage. I believe Latios could get away with Hp Fighting to really smack Tar, but this would come at the cost of not hitting Heatran nearly as hard. Anyway, play around with the team, see what you like and I hope you have as much fun as I did using the team!
Thanks for the team man, looks sweet. I'll definitely be giving it a try soon, never used rachi in OU so should be fun :]

Sub Diancie + Bulk Up Thundurus
Requested by Lando-San
http://pokepast.es/7625fdace5462354

To start with, this core was rather difficult to build with, as both starting Pokemon offer very little defensive utility, but neither are faster than most common offensive threats such as Greninja and Tapu Koko, so there is a lot to beat in fewer slots. I tested a few different Thundurus and Diancie sets, and ultimately settled on the sub endeavor Diancie and the Bulk Up Thundurus originally requested. The first choice to put with these mons, was Ash Greninja. Greninja adds spikes to the core, and appreciates Thundurus breaking fat grasses and luring Chansey. After Greninja, the team was very weak to opposing Greninja and Tapu Koko, so I added Ferrothorn to check both and add a rocker to the team. At this point, I wanted a pivot to help get the offensive threats in, as well as a blanket check for mons such as Zygarde and Mawile. I settled on a set suggested by tigers jaw, Protect Lando T. The speed investment is to speed creep Heatran, while retaining bulk to beat Zygarde etc. Lando provides a pivot to help get in Thundurus and Diancie as both are rather frail and appreciate the slow U-Turn. The team was still too slow, and I needed a scarfer. I also wanted a secondary way to cripple Celesteela because Thundurus is not a reliable answer with its susceptibility to hazards and frailty. I chose Scarf Latios to add a keldeo answer as well, while having trick to potentially cripple a defensive threat such as Celesteela. Latios also provides hazard control for Thundurus, because Diancie cannot reliably keep off hazards.

The team is not perfect, and is particularly weak to HO builds which can pressure the defensive backbone and Thundurus mostly is deadweight against Hyper Offence teams. Other weakness include Celesteela if you can't successfully trick it, and Heatran can be annoying as well although there are a couple checks on team. SG fightinium z magearna also has minimal counterplay on this team but you can try and prevent set up and hazard stack or smth. Thundurus in general is a rather mediocre mon, but in some matchups it can put in a lot of work, particularly against balance teams, such as VenuSteela. Against most offensive teams, it will get a maximum of one kill and be sacked. Anyways the team is decent, hopefully you'll find success with it.

Thanks for the team dude, it seems really good :D i'll give it a shot whenever i have time :) thanks you so much

Hayburner

WHAT A POGGER CURRY!

Mega Heracross Bulky Offense
Requested by Exploudit
http://pokepast.es/a0116a69af407aea

So Mega Heracross is a pretty cool mon and I figured the best core to start with would be SD mega Hera paired with specs Tapu Koko. These 2 have great synergy and Koko lures in fat grasses for Hera to take advantage of. The next member I wanted a Mon to take care of weakening Clefable or Landorus T for Heracross to win. I decided to go with Dragonium Z Garchomp. This also added rocks and and electric immunity which is very useful. At this point, I needed a scarfer and a defensive backbone to finish up the team, because fast, offensive mons such as Greninja and Tapu Koko are large threats. For scarfer, I chose Latias. Latias provides defog and healing wish support, although if you feel healing wish is unnecessary, scarf Latios works as well for trick. Both options are viable, but I personally prefer healing wish support for Heracross. In the last 2 slots, I chose AV Tangrowth and Celesteela. Tang gives a solid water resist, and Celesteela provides a Tapu Lele switchin, and leech seed can be very nice to get Hera in safely if given the opportunity.

Of course, every team has some weaknesses. The biggest weakness for this team would be Mega Medicham. When playing against it, try and avoid letting it in for free. It can be checked with chomp or Koko, but fake out can wear down both of these very quickly. If Garchomp gets worn down, Heatran can also be an issue for the team. This is one of the scenarios where Latios is better to provide Trick support. Mega Mawile is also difficult to switch into, but it can only safely come in on a Giga drain from tang, or on latias so just avoid giving it a free switchin.

S/o imsosorrylol for giving ideas n_n

Mega Heracross Bulky Offense
Requested by Exploudit
http://pokepast.es/a0116a69af407aea

So Mega Heracross is a pretty cool mon and I figured the best core to start with would be SD mega Hera paired with specs Tapu Koko. These 2 have great synergy and Koko lures in fat grasses for Hera to take advantage of. The next member I wanted a Mon to take care of weakening Clefable or Landorus T for Heracross to win. I decided to go with Dragonium Z Garchomp. This also added rocks and and electric immunity which is very useful. At this point, I needed a scarfer and a defensive backbone to finish up the team, because fast, offensive mons such as Greninja and Tapu Koko are large threats. For scarfer, I chose Latias. Latias provides defog and healing wish support, although if you feel healing wish is unnecessary, scarf Latios works as well for trick. Both options are viable, but I personally prefer healing wish support for Heracross. In the last 2 slots, I chose AV Tangrowth and Celesteela. Tang gives a solid water resist, and Celesteela provides a Tapu Lele switchin, and leech seed can be very nice to get Hera in safely if given the opportunity.

Of course, every team has some weaknesses. The biggest weakness for this team would be Mega Medicham. When playing against it, try and avoid letting it in for free. It can be checked with chomp or Koko, but fake out can wear down both of these very quickly. If Garchomp gets worn down, Heatran can also be an issue for the team. This is one of the scenarios where Latios is better to provide Trick support. Mega Mawile is also difficult to switch into, but it can only safely come in on a Giga drain from tang, or on latias so just avoid giving it a free switchin.

S/o imsosorrylol for giving ideas n_n
Very cool team, thanks for taking your time to make it! Tapu Koko is just pretty much the ideal Mega Heracross partner, and I never really realised it! As for the team itself I think it really does a pretty good job and has a rather small threatlist, but one thing that also stood out was Volcarona, any Bugnium Z set literally just wins unless I can get it to Latias range, still every team has their own threats, and this is for sure an excellent team!

Agility Mega-Ampharos Bulky Offence

Requested by Chessking345

I originally picked up this request because Ampharos-M is one of my favorite Pokémon from a design standpoint and I thought it would be cool to attempt making a viable team around it, but never did I imagine it would be preforming at the level of consistency that it was. From the get go I was coming into this with a pretty dim perspective of what it would realistically manage to do in a game, as the pool of Pokémon it can set up on is small and the fact that you need a fair number of chip to bring most common, defensive cores into range. However, what I failed to realise was just how bulky Ampharos-M was and it's potential to eat hits actually allowed it to set up on much more then originally anticipated; this made it a lot more effective in the late-game and in testing it was able to consistently clean up if the other members hadn't already or if it had a better set up opportunity then the rest.I also found that its lack of speed didn't matter too much, as a lot of the times when teams relied on these faster mons to check it, you could just fire off heavy attacks and claim your kills, which inherently allowed other members of the team to clean up later on.I will say though, this team feels more like a Reuniclus team, then it does an Ampharos-M team, which wasn't initially, but it did end up happening with later additions. Originally I had Mew over Reuniclus, and it was very dependent on Amp to clean up, but unfortunately Ampharos-M doesn't always have the abilities to do that and Nihilego usually walled by the same suspects as Amp, so it wasn't like it could come in afterwards and pick up the scraps; which is why I ended up making the change and subsequently turning its focus on Reuniclus, I do believe from testing both versions multiple times, that this change actually allowed Ampharos-M to preform better then previously and actually give it a chance to hold it's own in the meta.I hope you don't mind this too much, but I can guarantee you'll have a blast using the team!

I first started by wanting to provide Ampharos-M as many switch ins on the mons it can set up, to optimise it's performance and to this I need something that provided momentum off the majority of them. With this in mind I went with Landorus-T, as it baited in and U-turned off Celesteela, Skarmory, Zapdos Zard-Y and so on.It also gave Ampharos-M a ground resist that could chip away at Pokemon with rocks and U-turn, which is greatly appreciated in the late game. Afterwards, I was looking for something that could set additional hazards, as I knew the additional chip was going to be crucial to pull this off.I decided to go with Ferrothorn as not only did it provide Spikes, but it also gifted the team with knock off which makes hacking away at Pokemon a lot easier.It also covered many the teams weaknesses, mainly to fairy and dragon types that could come in and claim their kill(s). Following up from there, I looked to patch up the defensive holes not yet covered by my backbone, such as fighting types with ice coverage, Hp Fire Diancie-M, Offensive Celesteela and so on. Like previously mentioned I had a mew which did this job, but I ended up changing it to Reuniclus for the reasons I mentioned and also because it could do everything pretty much I wanted defensively with a bit more SpD investment. After that, I thought I should really wanted T-spikes as to wear down the dark types that would otherwise wall my Reuniclus and also to help Ampharos-M even easier in the cleaning department.I went with Nihilego, which let melay down toxic-spikes, but also give me some speed control and some additional defensive utility. Finally, I was left lacking both a stall and dark answer, which gave me an opportunity to try out a set I have wanted to for a while, Fightium-Z CM Taunt Keldeo. Let me tell you, this set does not disappoint assuming you hit your moves (lol.), as you watch common answers like Mantine, Toxapex, Tangrowth, etc get destroyed.

The team isn't without fault however, as Z-Fluer Cannon with Focus blast coverage Magearna can be really tricky to deal with and can lead to late game disasters if not played correctly. Gengar is big threat that needs to be correctly played around, as specs has the capabilities to come in and claim a kill just about every turn. Tapu Bulu and Kartana is a pretty big nuisance, since i have no switch into Grass and Fighting coverage, so you have to rely on your hazards + Nihilego to deal with them. The is generally well rounded though, so you should have the opportunity to overcome majority of match ups.

Usually, I have a bunch of alternative options, but I don't think there's much if anything you can change without converting it into a fat balance with like Toxapex which I think would kill the fun of the team.If you wanted to, you could experiment with the Reuniclus set, although from experience iron defense helps get away with the invested in SpD and Speed. Anyway, I'll leave the team to you and you can do what you like, I hope you enjoy!

Electric Surge core + Mega Pinsir Offense
as requested by Pokemonguru420
Request :
+

Team:
--------------------------
Specs Tapu-Koko wasn't that popular early SM but its usage has raised and it seems to be a really good pivot in the fast and offensive meta we're in. It pairs well with Kyurem-Black, one of the best wallbreakers. This core was a really cool suggestion and as I'm a big fan of Mega Pinsir I decided to build around it in order to make it a really hard team to handle.

This team looks a bit slow but magearna provides speed control and its shift gear moveset allows it to be faster than most of the threats in the metagame while also being able to check sweepers such as greninja or latios. A steel type is always important and magearna is basically the best one in the tier. Icium Z Kyurem-Black has no reliable switch in and it's very good to pressure stall teams as it generally gets at least one kill versus fat cores. Tapu-Koko's Speed tier is also useful since the team would be too slow otherwise.

Mew is here to support Kyurem-Black, it has access to defog and it's also a pretty good Mega Pinsir teammate. The team is very offensive but Mew's ability to wall physically oriented sweepers makes it a bulkier offensive squad and having a bulky presence is needed, especially for hazard removal.

Landorus-Therian seemed to be a good addition to the team. It's still the best stealth rock setter in the tier; #1 in usage. It also provides support by allowing you to get momentum via u-turn (VolTurn core with Tapu-Koko) and pairs well with both Tapu-Koko and Kyurem-Black. I felt like this team would be better with another setup sweeper and Mega Pinsir should be a good wallbreaker in this team. Mega Pinsir can also run Close Combat if you find it's better for coverage. I assume earthquake would be better for heatran or magearna, especially if your Landorus-Therian spread is defensive.

Unfortunately the team might have some issues such as stall, your Z move user (Kyurem-Black) is really important and you have to be very careful with it. Generally Icium is way better than Electrium considering STAB and as a consequence I didn't build around the Electrium set but feel free to run Electrium if you're willing to abuse Electric Surge. I hope you like it, have fun with this offense!

Last edited:

Hayburner

WHAT A POGGER CURRY!

Weavile Stall
Requested by velocities
http://pokepast.es/a74b2ba54667f726

So I started off with a slight change to the weavile set requested, as I saw some people in smogtours chat talking about this set. Foul Play greatly improves matchup against SD Kartana, can do heavy damage to SD mawile, and can kill Icium Kyub with minimal chip damage. Next up I went with the classic mega sab chansey core, not much to say about it although you can add heal bell over toxic on chansey if you feel the need for heal bell. It helps in matchups against toxapex in particular as you don't want to let tspikes up. For the unaware pokemon, I went with quagsire as otherwise Charizard X would end up as a major problem, and having the electric immunity is very nice. For defog, I wanted to avoid using skarmory to make the team too weak to heatran, and I had Weavile for Kartana, so I decided to go with Earth Power Mew. The EVs can be modified to add more physdef, but right now it works as a pivot into Tapu Lele so the extra Spdef is valuable, as well as for coming in on heatran. In the last slot, I was very weak to bulu, lacked regenerator, and could use a zygarde answer that isn't PP stalled by sub protect. So of course, I went with Tangrowth. The moves are flexible, as Earthquake can be nice for hitting Mawile or Heatran on switchin, but sludge bomb is needed for bulu, so it depends what you want to be weak to. Giga drain is also an option over leaf storm, but leaf storm guarantees the KO vs manaphy after rocks. The current spread guarantees that +3 Manaphy psychic does not kill after rocks. This can be changed if you feel manaphy is not a matchup that is worrisome. The moves are very flexible as mentioned earlier, with even leech seed or sleep powder as options, as it all depends on what specifically you want the Tangrowth to beat. Sleep powder and leech seed are valuable for annoying opposing switches, but come at the cost of coverage.

As with most stall, it has some rather clear weaknesses. Icium kyurem black is basically guaranteed a kill, although it is against most stalls, but it's something to watch out for. Mega Mawile is also a major threat in particular, as it is to most stall. Leech Seed or Sleep powder on Tangrowth improve this matchup at the cost of other matchups. Offensive Landorus T is a threat, as it can set rocks against MSab, and mew is slower so it cannot reliably check it. Quagsire and Tangrowth can both switch in depending on set, but allow rocks to go up. An option is to make the mew faster, but it makes pivoting into Lele much harder. Anyways, test out what you like, and hopefully you enjoy stalling some people lol.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Request:
Team:

Weavile (M) @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Focus Punch

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Def / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Smack Down / U-Turn

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

Mawile-Mega (M) @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch

Hey The412Gang. Weavile's a fun mon and so, while messing around with sets, I ended up going with SD + Z Focus Punch. After 1 SD, you can always 1HKO AV Magearna (and any other variant with less bulk), and you can weaken/KO Mega Scizor and Keldeo (which Ash Ninja appreciates). At first I added Clefable for rocks, but eventually Lando worked out since I needed a ground type to prevent Specs Koko from mindlessly spamming Volt Switch. EV spread outspeeds Heatran and I decided to go Smack Down > U-turn to help deal with Celesteela, as it can annoy the team a ton. Ferro helps with Ash Ninja and Rain, and Gyro Ball helps with faster stuff including Magearna after an SG, Power Whip to KO water types including Mega Swampert. I ended up with Spikes in the last slot because there were times where it would be easier for Ferro to set them up than Greninja (especially with this being choice locked), so I went with that. Scarf Lati helps with fast mons and Trick helps with crippling Chansey and other passive mons. Mega Mawile was added to help with Stall and it also helps a ton with Trick Room too.

Watch out for Mega Lop with Ice Punch, Mega Pinsir (sets up on Lati locked into Defog or after a Draco, Ash Greninja locked into Spikes or if it's able to force out Ferro/Lando). You can wear down Lopunny with hazards and force it out with Lati or Water Shuriken and for Pinsir, you can go Water Shuriken or bluff Ice Shard on Weavile if they're low enough or use Latios. Toxapex with Haze can be a bit annoying, so try and get hazards up or use Latios and Lando to KO.

As for general advice, get those Spikes up, get Mawile in when possible and try and get a KO or SD as you force stuff out (applies to Weavile and hazard users as well). Ash Greninja and Weavile can pressure Mew from Defogging, so if you're able to get one of those in as Mew comes in, then you'll be able to force it out, thus preventing Defog, and you'll damage whatever comes out (probably Toxapex if they have it) and you'll get that hazard damage to wear them down too. Sometimes people think Weavile's choice locked, so take advantage of that whenever possible (they might send in a dark resist after you use Knock off and give you a chance to blow them back with Z Focus Punch). Z Dig could work out too if you keep SD since you'll 1HKO Toxapex, so that option is open as well.

Shoutouts to Sun and Wally The Bully for helping with the team. Hope you like it :toast:

Request:
Team:

Weavile (M) @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Focus Punch

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Def / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Smack Down / U-Turn

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

Mawile-Mega (M) @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch

Hey The412Gang. Weavile's a fun mon and so, while messing around with sets, I ended up going with SD + Z Focus Punch. After 1 SD, you can always 1HKO AV Magearna (and any other variant with less bulk), and you can weaken/KO Mega Scizor and Keldeo (which Ash Ninja appreciates). At first I added Clefable for rocks, but eventually Lando worked out since I needed a ground type to prevent Specs Koko from mindlessly spamming Volt Switch. EV spread outspeeds Heatran and I decided to go Smack Down > U-turn to help deal with Celesteela, as it can annoy the team a ton. Ferro helps with Ash Ninja and Rain, and Gyro Ball helps with faster stuff including Magearna after an SG, Power Whip to KO water types including Mega Swampert. I ended up with Spikes in the last slot because there were times where it would be easier for Ferro to set them up than Greninja (especially with this being choice locked), so I went with that. Scarf Lati helps with fast mons and Trick helps with crippling Chansey and other passive mons. Mega Mawile was added to help with Stall and it also helps a ton with Trick Room too.

Watch out for Mega Lop with Ice Punch, Mega Pinsir (sets up on Lati locked into Defog or after a Draco, Ash Greninja locked into Spikes or if it's able to force out Ferro/Lando). You can wear down Lopunny with hazards and force it out with Lati or Water Shuriken and for Pinsir, you can go Water Shuriken or bluff Ice Shard on Weavile if they're low enough or use Latios. Toxapex with Haze can be a bit annoying, so try and get hazards up or use Latios and Lando to KO.

As for general advice, get those Spikes up, get Mawile in when possible and try and get a KO or SD as you force stuff out (applies to Weavile and hazard users as well). Ash Greninja and Weavile can pressure Mew from Defogging, so if you're able to get one of those in as Mew comes in, then you'll be able to force it out, thus preventing Defog, and you'll damage whatever comes out (probably Toxapex if they have it) and you'll get that hazard damage to wear them down too. Sometimes people think Weavile's choice locked, so take advantage of that whenever possible (they might send in a dark resist after you use Knock off and give you a chance to blow them back with Z Focus Punch). Z Dig could work out too if you keep SD since you'll 1HKO Toxapex, so that option is open as well.

Shoutouts to Sun and Wally The Bully for helping with the team. Hope you like it :toast:
Team looks dope, Appreciate it fellas

Choice Band Hoopa Bulky Offence
ft. Rotom-W

Requested by Martin

Hoopa is incredible threatening in the current meta-game with no Dugtrio to trap it, as there are very limited switch ins and the few mons that can switch in can be worn down easily. Being strictly trapped by pursuit is also blessing in my opinion, as most of the Pokemon running pursuit are choice locked or allow free set-up/attacks from powerful fighting, Dark or Fairy types. Knowing these factors I decided to make the team around this concept of abusing the free switches from Rotom-W to go into Hoopa and break down walls and then abuse pursuit trappers looking to stop Hoopa to win the game.

I started off with initial core, I decided to go with the standard Rotom-W set and Band Hoopa, as later on in the team-building process I felt like this would best achieve the goals I set out to accomplish in the beginning and also provide the team with the best support. I decided to drop drain punch on Hoopa, as I really did want to abuse choice locked Tyranitar and Weavile to the fullest and I also wanted an additional way to smack Scizor,, since my primary way of beating is with rotom or overpowering it with one of my set up mons. After that I decided to add Scizor since it stitched up issues the core hand with certain threats, formed a volt-turn core and provided me with the ability to clear hazards. Next up was Garchomp as Zard-Y although not nearly as common anymore, was looking immensely scary to face and it also provided a ground typing and rocks which is mandatory for any-team. Finally I completed the team with the pair of Tapu Bulu and Hawlucha, which obviously gel really well together and helped me complete the final part of my goal for the team. I went with AV Bulu to better answer the current threats to the team and also to chip down walls with natures madness to more easily punch through them.

The team does have it fair amount of issues, such as DD Zard X which after 1 DD will basically force you to sack Bulu to get the recoil you need to bring in Hawlucha to revenge kill it with 90% accurate high jump kick (lol.), luckily DD isn't that common on Zard X nor is it nearly its most popular set at the moment. Mega Medicham is a nuisance as well because it out speeds 4 out of of members and ohko the majority of them with a bit of chip on them, thankfully high jump kick is 90% accurate > :]

There are some changes you could potentially make one being taking some physical defense out of Rotom and putting it into SpD to better take on Volcanion which has seen a boom in popularity recently thanks to the success of Johns team in Snake Tour. You can also experiment dropping bullet punch on Scizor for the likes of hidden power to help vs opposing Scizors, knock off to wear down walls to have an easier time breaking them late game or even Toxic to punish as well as put on a timer threats like Zard-X and Volcarona when they attempt to come in on you and set up. Garchomp has the potential to run 3 attacks, with z-eq and fire blast to making your time vs stall easier and also to improve Cele-Pex balance match up. The 4th slot on Hawlucha is also pretty open to run whatever you want, whether that be stone edge for Zapdos, Drain Punch to regain health and avoid risking high jump kick miss or sub to further abuse free switches. With that said I'd advice trying out the team, seeing what works for you and having some fun smoking people with choice band Hoopa n_n

Got to say this team came to me very quickly and it was an absolute joy not only building this team, but also being able to play with it and have a blast while still consistently winning games. I kinda put off this request initially cause I thought it was kinda boring to do and I had already done a similar core with Hoopa + AV Magearna, but I kinda wish I didn't since it ended up being really enjoyable. Sorry for the wait Martin, thanks for your request and I hope you like the team!

Sub-Shuca Volclanion Bulk Offence

Requested by DiegoP

I'd like to start by saying I didn't go with the original set you posted, mainly because choice specs takes away it's ability to preform one of it's main niche over other breakers in destroying Cele-Pex balance. Basically with choice specs you have to get a prediction right to do 60-70% to Toxapex, which will then get black sludge back and being able to switch out and regen to the point where it can take another Earth Power. Obviously rocks exists and it makes this not as bad, however this only applies if you are able to get rocks up and prevent there rocks from going up, as with rocks up you'll be at half or less before you get to even have the chance to remove Toxapex. Basically not only does choice specs depend on getting two prediction right and having rocks up with no rocks on your side but also getting two max rolls in order to put in any work. There's also the fact that Celesteela which your most likely going to come in on, has protect and can scout to see what move you go for and basically eliminates any and all chances you had at every breaking through their team. With this overly long explanation complete, I hope you can understand why I went with Sub-Shuca which has been shown countless times throughout snake to be very effective at aiding Volcanion to preform it's niche to the best of its ability.

After selecting the Volcanion set I knew that I needed a safe way to bring it in verse the Pokemon it threatens, which is why i decided to go with Scizor. Scizor not only brought in basically everything that Volcanion wants to be on, but also provided defogging support for it and benefited from the defensive capabilities of Volcanion. After that I wanted something to remove Volcanions switch ins and also help out in the stall match-up, which is precisely why I decided to go with Band Tyranitar. Move on I needed a stealth rock setter and a ground check, Landorus did exactly that and also added some additional offensive presence and an additional way to hurt stall. Going from there I wanted an additional ground check as offensive Landorus on it's own wouldn't have been enough and I also wanted something to take on both offensive water and electric types. I choose Tangrowth to do this as it not only filled the roll perfectly, but also gave me knock off utility which allowed me to remove Pokemon like Toxapex's black sludge which made Volcanions time breaking through it easier. Finally I desperately needed some speed control and a win condition to take advantage of all the breaking the rest of the team was doing. I ended up running with Tapu Lele, since i felt it benefited the most from my breakers as well as it providing some cool defensive utility in it's type and Psychic terrain stopping threats with priority. You might be scratching your head wondering why Light Screen on it and that's a completely fair reaction to have since it's not only taking away potential coverage options to make cleaning easier, but also having no members on the team with set up moves to benefit from this. I can insure you it's there for a good reason though, that reason being Z-celebrate Victini which in testing rolled through me a million times before I added light screen which basically allowed me to come in eat any hit and set up light screen for another member to revenge kill it. There was really no other place to fit a way of dealing with Victini else where on the team, as chopple Tyranitar was the only other option and without band it cant complete it initial role nearly as well as before.

The team has some problems dealing with the likes of Hawlucha, since Tangrowth allows it free set up and at +2 it can steam roll through the team in an instant. It not an instant win however, since it's set up chance are limited and as long as you keep Lando alive to drop it's attack to +1 so that Tapu Lele can live you'll be alright. Pinsir is also a pain to deal with since my flying resist is Ohkod by close combat or +2 eq, thankfully it's opportunities to come in are limited to Tangrowth which can still hurt it on the switch with Hp Ice and you also have Lele to revenge kill it.

I general don't think there's much you can change about the team without altering the roles of multiple Pokemon, but there are some minor changes you can make to some sets. One of those being toxic over light screen on Lele, as both have the ability to stop Z-celebrate Victini, just with less immediate results. Toxic actually has quite a lot of utility outside of just putting Victini on a timer, as it allows you to hit non-steel types that may pivot in on you, I ended up not going with it because it was less efficient at dealing with Victini and it would require me to win a bunch of 50-50's to prevent half or more of my team from dying before the toxic killed it. Tyranitar 4th slot is basically filler as I didn't feel like one coverage option benefited me more then another, so I just went with Ice Punch to smack Lando. I think there's also potential to run gravity over smack down on Landorus, which would give you the beneficial bonus of not missing moves which this team has a lot of key moves with less then 100% accuracy. Outside of that just give the team a go and make the changes you feel like are the most effective and work best for you!

I have to say making this team was an absolute mission(lol.) as I was trying to not only find right Volcanion set for the team, find the right partners to make it work consistently at a high level and make an original as well as fun team that differentiated from the other great teams that have spawned up thanks to snake. At one point I basically gave up on the team, but I'm glad I continued and ended up making a Volcanion team that I believe is able to differentiate itself from the rest, but also be fun and consistently preform. I hope you like the team as much as I do!

Last edited:

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Choice Band Hoopa Bulky Offence
ft. Rotom-W

Requested by Martin

Hoopa is incredible threatening in the current meta-game with no Dugtrio to trap it, as there are very limited switch ins and the few mons that can switch in can be worn down easily. Being strictly trapped by pursuit is also blessing in my opinion, as most of the Pokemon running pursuit are choice locked or allow free set-up/attacks from powerful fighting, Dark or Fairy types. Knowing these factors I decided to make the team around this concept of abusing the free switches from Rotom-W to go into Hoopa and break down walls and then abuse pursuit trappers looking to stop Hoopa to win the game.

I started off with initial core, I decided to go with the standard Rotom-W set and Band Hoopa, as later on in the team-building process I felt like this would best achieve the goals I set out to accomplish in the beginning and also provide the team with the best support. I decided to drop drain punch on Hoopa, as I really did want to abuse choice locked Tyranitar and Weavile to the fullest and I also wanted an additional way to smack Scizor,, since my primary way of beating is with rotom or overpowering it with one of my set up mons. After that I decided to add Scizor since it stitched up issues the core hand with certain threats, formed a volt-turn core and provided me with the ability to clear hazards. Next up was Garchomp as Zard-Y although not nearly as common anymore, was looking immensely scary to face and it also provided a ground typing and rocks which is mandatory for any-team. Finally I completed the team with the pair of Tapu Bulu and Hawlucha, which obviously gel really well together and helped me complete the final part of my goal for the team. I went with AV Bulu to better answer the current threats to the team and also to chip down walls with natures madness to more easily punch through them.

The team does have it fair amount of issues, such as DD Zard X which after 1 DD will basically force you to sack Bulu to get the recoil you need to bring in Hawlucha to revenge kill it with 90% accurate high jump kick (lol.), luckily DD isn't that common on Zard X nor is it nearly its most popular set at the moment. Mega Medicham is a nuisance as well because it out speeds 4 out of of members and ohko the majority of them with a bit of chip on them, thankfully high jump kick is 90% accurate > :]

There are some changes you could potentially make one being taking some physical defense out of Rotom and putting it into SpD to better take on Volcanion which has seen a boom in popularity recently thanks to the success of Johns team in Snake Tour. You can also experiment dropping bullet punch on Scizor for the likes of hidden power to help vs opposing Scizors, knock off to wear down walls to have an easier time breaking them late game or even Toxic to punish as well as put on a timer threats like Zard-X and Volcarona when they attempt to come in on you and set up. Garchomp has the potential to run 3 attacks, with z-eq and fire blast to making your time vs stall easier and also to improve Cele-Pex balance match up. The 4th slot on Hawlucha is also pretty open to run whatever you want, whether that be stone edge for Zapdos, Drain Punch to regain health and avoid risking high jump kick miss or sub to further abuse free switches. With that said I'd advice trying out the team, seeing what works for you and having some fun smoking people with choice band Hoopa n_n

Got to say this team came to me very quickly and it was an absolute joy not only building this team, but also being able to play with it and have a blast while still consistently winning games. I kinda put off this request initially cause I thought it was kinda boring to do and I had already done a similar core with Hoopa + AV Magearna, but I kinda wish I didn't since it ended up being really enjoyable. Sorry for the wait Martin, thanks for your request and I hope you like the team!

Sub-Shuca Volclanion Bulk Offence

Requested by DiegoP

I'd like to start by saying I didn't go with the original set you posted, mainly because choice specs takes away it's ability to preform one of it's main niche over other breakers in destroying Cele-Pex balance. Basically with choice specs you have to get a prediction right to do 60-70% to Toxapex, which will then get black sludge back and being able to switch out and regen to the point where it can take another Earth Power. Obviously rocks exists and it makes this not as bad, however this only applies if you are able to get rocks up and prevent there rocks from going up, as with rocks up you'll be at half or less before you get to even have the chance to remove Toxapex. Basically not only does choice specs depend on getting two prediction right and having rocks up with no rocks on your side but also getting two max rolls in order to put in any work. There's also the fact that Celesteela which your most likely going to come in on, has protect and can scout to see what move you go for and basically eliminates any and all chances you had at every breaking through their team. With this overly long explanation complete, I hope you can understand why I went with Sub-Shuca which has been shown countless times throughout snake to be very effective at aiding Volcanion to preform it's niche to the best of its ability.

After selecting the Volcanion set I knew that I needed a safe way to bring it in verse the Pokemon it threatens, which is why i decided to go with Scizor. Scizor not only brought in basically everything that Volcanion wants to be on, but also provided defogging support for it and benefited from the defensive capabilities of Volcanion. After that I wanted something to remove Volcanions switch ins and also help out in the stall match-up, which is precisely why I decided to go with Band Tyranitar. Move on I needed a stealth rock setter and a ground check, Landorus did exactly that and also added some additional offensive presence and an additional way to hurt stall. Going from there I wanted an additional ground check as offensive Landorus on it's own wouldn't have been enough and I also wanted something to take on both offensive water and electric types. I choose Tangrowth to do this as it not only filled the roll perfectly, but also gave me knock off utility which allowed me to remove Pokemon like Toxapex's black sludge which made Volcanions time breaking through it easier. Finally I desperately needed some speed control and a win condition to take advantage of all the breaking the rest of the team was doing. I ended up running with Tapu Lele, since i felt it benefited the most from my breakers as well as it providing some cool defensive utility in it's type and Psychic terrain stopping threats with priority. You might be scratching your head wondering why Light Screen on it and that's a completely fair reaction to have since it's not only taking away potential coverage options to make cleaning easier, but also having no members on the team with set up moves to benefit from this. I can insure you it's there for a good reason though, that reason being Z-celebrate Victini which in testing rolled through me a million times before I added light screen which basically allowed me to come in eat any hit and set up light screen for another member to revenge kill it. There was really no other place to fit a way of dealing with Victini else where on the team, as chopple Tyranitar was the only other option and without band it cant complete it initial role nearly as well as before.

The team has some problems dealing with the likes of Hawlucha, since Tangrowth allows it free set up and at +2 it can steam roll through the team in an instant. It not an instant win however, since it's set up chance are limited and as long as you keep Lando alive to drop it's attack to +1 so that Tapu Lele can live you'll be alright. Pinsir is also a pain to deal with since my flying resist is Ohkod by close combat or +2 eq, thankfully it's opportunities to come in are limited to Tangrowth which can still hurt it on the switch with Hp Ice and you also have Lele to revenge kill it.

I general don't think there's much you can change about the team without altering the roles of multiple Pokemon, but there are some minor changes you can make to some sets. One of those being toxic over light screen on Lele, as both have the ability to stop Z-celebrate Victini, just with less immediate results. Toxic actually has quite a lot of utility outside of just putting Victini on a timer, as it allows you to hit non-steel types that may pivot in on you, I ended up not going with it because it was less efficient at dealing with Victini and it would require me to win a bunch of 50-50's to prevent half or more of my team from dying before the toxic killed it. Tyranitar 4th slot is basically filler as I didn't feel like one coverage option benefited me more then another, so I just went with Ice Punch to smack Lando. I think there's also potential to run gravity over smack down on Landorus, which would give you the beneficial bonus of not missing moves which this team has a lot of key moves with less then 100% accuracy. Outside of that just give the team a go and make the changes you feel like are the most effective and work best for you!

I have to say making this team was an absolute mission(lol.) as I was trying to not only find right Volcanion set for the team, find the right partners to make it work consistently at a high level and make an original as well as fun team that differentiated from the other great teams that have spawned up thanks to snake. At one point I basically gave up on the team, but I'm glad I continued and ended up making a Volcanion team that I believe is able to differentiate itself from the rest, but also be fun and consistently preform. I hope you like the team as much as I do!

I just love the team <3. Thanks for doing it
Another change I think I can do is lefties lando with 279 speed to outspeed tran and to have more answer to zyg if tang can't switch in. With this I think waterium > shuca on volcanion, but I have to test it.

Last edited:

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute​

SubSwarm is easily my favourite Volcarona set, for those unaware, this thing is so broken it sets up on Chansey and wears down 100+ Scarfers. In the first place, I want to say that I have made some already decently succesful Volcarona teams, but nowhere near as quailityful as you guys' teams. And I really want to see how you can approach a Volcarona team. Personally, I'd rather a Bulky Offense build, but I guess Balance and Hyper Offense are fine. Enjoy your building :)

Last edited:
Requesting Mega Lopunny + Kyurem-Black

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Encore
- Power-Up Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

OR

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Mega Lopunny has quite a bit of traction as of late. It's a really solid offensive breaker that can even pressure fatter teams with it's Power-Up-Punch, Encore set. Kyurem-Black helps pressure some mons that lopunny can't break through which makes Lopunny's job of cleaning up teams easier. Really any kyurem set can work for this core so I just put both. Obviously the builder doesn't have to use these exact sets. I hope this will peak an interest!

Attachments

Last edited:
REQUESTING SD MIMIKYU + MEGA DIANCIE

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z / Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Description: Mimikyu is a very interesting mon that gen 7 provided. Disguise being a very good ability grants mimikyu a free kill or set up some sword dances. While having a pretty average attack stat mimikyu can be very threating thanks to disguise, making a great pokemon for HO builds. SD + ghostium-z is a great nuke on something since mimikyu is almost certain to get a SD up. Life orb is also a very suitable item allowing it to hit much harder rather than just 1 attack. Now mega diancie can also be a very big threat, with magic bounce allowing it to pressure hazard setters while also preventing mega sableye to throw out willo's turn 1 and forcing it out. Any Diancie set can work here just depends on what you feel like is best. Steel types and the god of ou (Toxapex) can trouble this core quite a bit so support for those mons would be greatly appreciated here.

idk why we don't post in the thread when we take stuff anymore, but i'll take subswarm volcarona. i'll also take mantine + heatran. defensive cores like this rly aren't something you build AROUND, but i have a decent team w/ the two that i wanna rework by removing heatran, so i'll just post the current version after a bit more testing. i dropped the specs lele request because i built a team that was cool with nedor and paper dreams, but i accidentally deleted it way back rofl.

if i decide to give up on any of these or w/e, i will post in here or VM whoever requested it.

edit: will probably be a little while since i do also have to get the good cores thread up and i only put aside a limited amount of my time for smogon stuff.

edit2: i'll also take the manaphy request posted below this one.

Last edited:
Requesting Mega Charizard X + SD Grassium Z Tapu Bulu

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Mega Charizard X is my personal favorite Mega Pokemon, and I'm glad to see that it's becoming more relevant post-Duggy ban. That being said, these two compliment each other so well. Mega Charizard X is able to take out many of the threats that Tapu Bulu hates dealing with, such as max speed Heatran, Celesteela, Skarmory, Tangrowth, Zapdos, Mega Charizard Y, fast wisp Mew, AV Magearna (+2 Bloom Doom OHKOs, however), and Mega Scizor. On the other hand, Tapu Bulu provides Grassy Terrain which, despite weakening Mega Charizard X's own Earthquake, it weakens opposing Earthquakes as well, especially when going up against Landorus-T, one of Mega Charizard X's worst enemies. Bulu's able to check many of Mega Charizard X's threats as well, such as Ash-Greninja, Toxapex, defensive Landorus-T, Suicune, Mega Swampert, Garchomp, Zygarde, Keldeo, (Mega) Tyranitar, and Tapu Fini.

Last edited:

Tace

beat goes on
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Requesting Manaphy

Manaphy @ Waterium Z/Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Psychic/Energy Ball/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

While not the best offensive water in the tier, Manaphy can work with the right support and is still a decent breaker with the coverage to annoy most fatter builds.

Requesting Mega Camerupt + Electrium Z Tapu Koko

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 216 HP / 168 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Nature Power

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

MCamel is a really good wallbreaker thanks to its typing and power but struggles with stuff like Chansey and bulky waters and flying types that resist Fire Blast, Z-Wild Charge Koko breaks many of its checks while providing Electric Terrain to provide MCamel with Sheer Force boosted TBolt that has pseudo-STAB. Feel free to change the Koko set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)