Project OU Theorymon [Voting: Check Post #3272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
sort of an update post i guess. no slate or anything because it's just been generally slow.

Sun King is stepping down from his position due to life circumstances. Normally I just mention that I'd like to thank them for their commitment and all, but I think that it's justified that he needs some recognition for what he's done. For those who don't know/merely just post in this thread, Sun King has been the main and probably only reason this thread/metagame got any airplane. He's kept us on our feet, continuously counting votes, throwing ideas in, being the most active member in our thread and keeping it alive. However, he's overdone his self by getting us onto PS! as a challenge option; this is not to be overlooked. I'm not sure how *allowed* this is, but Sun King has simply gone above and beyond for some thread on the internet. Thank you Sun King. You've been a pleasure to work with and a great friend.

On a brighter note, expect a slate by tomorrow at 8 PM EST.

Hi.

I'm just letting everyone here know that I'm going to be stepping down from the council and taking a break. I've had an absolute blast theorymonning with each and every one of you and I'm really, REALLY proud of this entire project. When I started, we had 9 people voting for each slate and only a handful more contributing to the conversation. It's been an absolute joy to see this thread grow and multiply in participation to over 60 members! I've met some really awesome people and I'm really happy to see that the thread is in a much better place now. We've even got a place to play with our toys!

I guess this should go without saying, but I'll say it anyways (because I always say unnecessary information XD)…
All submissions should be directed to Mysteria, Valmanway , unfixable , Recreant , and Vertex . The best way to reach them is to PM all of them at once, but you can certainly post to their walls or PM them individually.

EDIT: I knew I couldn't stay away XD. Wanted to add that I'll check my account occasionally. If you want any tips on getting submissions slated, don't be afraid to ask me. I'll be more than happy to help you!

Thanks guys, it's been an awesome ride :)

Sun King out.

Last edited:
This might be a bit of an essay, and I guess the mods can delete this if they want, I'm going to say it anyways. Not trying to like whore either, this is legit. I want to thank Sun King personally for not only everything he's done for this project, but for me as well. He was the person who inspired me to get this far and I really appreciate this. Without him I probably wouldn't even be into theorymon in general and I certainly in all hell wouldn't be in council. I remember when I submitted my first theorymon to him, I was scared to death. But he was super friendly and always helped me decide on what submissions were good or not. He's really fun to talk to and he's honestly helped me get through a lot of rough times, on and off Smogon. And by that, I don't mean just "oh, my Smogon life is so hard" either. He's always been supportive and I don't think he really understands how good of a person he is. n_n

He's shown great dedication to this project and has rightfully earned his spot many, many times over. He's submitted countless theorymons (hell, I actually can't remember the exact number because there's so many), and he's always been the first person to keep the thread on track and without him this thread wouldn't even be where it is now. He's always the first person to submit new ideas if we don't have any and he always makes sure submissions get through. It's still an amazing feat that he's gotten the PS! challenge mode, and that's still incredibly fun to play. Thank you for your dedication, man.

I'm really sad to see him go, but I know how real life can really get in the way. You're always welcome back and there will be a little chair waiting for you in the hall of fame for when you come back. Thanks for getting me obsessed with another project xd

edit: ow my fingers

Last edited:
Hi.

I'm just letting everyone here know that I'm going to be stepping down from the council and taking a break. I've had an absolute blast theorymonning with each and every one of you and I'm really, REALLY proud of this entire project. When I started, we had 9 people voting for each slate and only a handful more contributing to the conversation. It's been an absolute joy to see this thread grow and multiply in participation to over 60 members! I've met some really awesome people and I'm really happy to see that the thread is in a much better place now. We've even got a place to play with our toys!

I guess this should go without saying, but I'll say it anyways (because I always say unnecessary information XD)…
All submissions should be directed to Mysteria, Valmanway , unfixable , Recreant , and Vertex . The best way to reach them is to PM all of them at once, but you can certainly post to their walls or PM them individually.

EDIT: I knew I couldn't stay away XD. Wanted to add that I'll check my account occasionally. If you want any tips on getting submissions slated, don't be afraid to ask me. I'll be more than happy to help you!

Thanks guys, it's been an awesome ride :)

Sun King out.
I'll miss you, sun king! you always took the time to critique my ridiculous submissions!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)