OU OU Urshifu-S

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Iron Head / Poison Jab
- U-turn / Sucker Punch

As soon as Isle of Armor dropped, Urshifu-S became one of OU's top wallbreakers, capable of shredding teams when given a moment to attack. As such, hard countering Urshifu-S is impossible, as even bulky Pokemon like Clefable that resist Urshifu-S's STAB attacks require significant Defense investment to switch in. Even then, Fairy-types that resist Urshifu-S's STAB moves are hit hard by Poison Jab and Iron Head, making no Pokemon safe. In addition, Urshifu-S's ability to force switches makes it a solid pivot with U-turn, and it pairs well with Pokemon such as Cinderace and Magearna that can take advantage of Urshifu-S's switch-ins. It can also use Sucker Punch to act as a revenge killer and cleaner, but it is terrible to be locked into.

Urshifu-S's weaknesses come from its mediocre Speed stat and poor Special Defense. This means it can be checked by Pokemon like Hydreigon, which can take a Sucker Punch and OHKO it in return. In addition, once Urshifu-S is locked into a move, it is significantly easier to deal with defensively and gives the opponent a free turn.

Last edited:
Urshifu @ Choice Band
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab / Iron Head
- U-turn / Sucker Punch

reverse the order of the natures and the coverage slot

As soon as the Isle of Armor DLC dropped, Urshifu became one of OU's premier wallbreakers. Its sky-high Attack stat, near-unresisted and high-power STAB moves i don't necessarily think that this is necessary; if you're going to talk about its stab combination, just say that it's good or whatever since this is already way over the character limit, and ability to hit through moves such as Protect make it capable of shredding teams when given a moment to attack. As such, hard countering Urshifu is nearly impossible and even bulky resists like Clefable require significant investment in Defense to switch in. Even then, the Fairy-types that resist Wicked Blow and Close Combat are hit hard by Poison Jab and Iron Head, making no Pokemon truly safe. In addition, Urshifu's ability to force switches makes it a great offensive pivot with U-turn, and pairs nicely with Pokemon such as Cinderace and Alolan Marowak I don't particularly like Alolawak as an example here since clef is commonly running something to cripple or invalidate it + it can't really take advantage of other pivots like Mandi / Kommo-o / itemless bro etc. etc. replace it with like specs gear or something that can at least pressure some of these mons. that can take advantage of Urshifu's switch-ins. It can also use Sucker Punch to act as a revenge killer and cleaner, but can be particularly disastrous to be locked into.

Urshifu's shortcomings tend to come from its ok at best Speed stat and its poor Special Defense. This means it is capable of being checked offensively by Pokemon such as Hydreigon, which can take a Sucker Punch and OHKO it back with Draco Meteor. In addition, once Urshifu is locked into a move, it is significantly easier to deal with defensively. this really undersells the value of pivoting here; mention how it's pretty much locking itself into exploitable moves and how that allows mons to take advantage of it

Tag me again once you've implemented this. Repeating myself here but please trim this down if you can, it's 200+ characters over the limit!!

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments

GP 1/1

shinxstamp.gif

Urshifu-S @ Choice Band
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Iron Head / Poison Jab
- U-turn / Sucker Punch

As soon as Isle of Armor dropped, Urshifu-S became one of OU's top wallbreakers, capable of shredding teams when given a moment to attack. As such, hard countering Urshifu-S is impossible, as even bulky resists Pokemon like Clefable that resist Urshifu-S's STAB attacks require significant Defense investment to switch in. Even then, Fairy-types that resist Urshifu-S's STAB moves are hit hard by Poison Jab and Iron Head, making no Pokemon safe. In addition, Urshifu-S's ability to force switches makes it a solid pivot with U-turn, and it pairs well with Pokemon such as Cinderace and Magearna that can take advantage of Urshifu-S's switch-ins. It can also use Sucker Punch to act as a revenge killer and cleaner, but it is terrible to be locked into.

Urshifu-S's weaknesses come from its ok at best mediocre Speed stat and its poor Special Defense. This means it can be checked by Pokemon like Hydreigon, which can take a Sucker Punch and OHKO it back in return. In addition, once Urshifu-S is locked into a move, it is significantly easier to deal with defensively and gives the opponent a free turn.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
thanks deetah i implemented this except that one bit about Urshifu's switch-ins because that changes the meaning of the sentence

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Ah, I completely misread that sentence, my bad. Make sure to add the "s" after the apostrophe though.

In addition, Urshifu-S's ability to force switches makes it a solid pivot with U-turn, and it pairs well with Pokemon such as Cinderace and Magearna that can take advantage of Urshifu-S's switch-ins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)