SM OU OU Usum Team

Hi,
I've copied this team but I changed much/many (? I don't know. I'm not good in english)things. The Team is for level.50 OU single wifi battles.

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

It's one of my sweepers (HO Team).Leaf Blade for Water Types like (Ash-)Greninja,M-Swampert and Tapu Fini. Smart Strike is STAB too and is for Tapu Koko, Bulu and Lele. I need Sacred sword to revenge-kill Heatran. Knock Off isn't good with a choice band but I don't know what I can use, so I chose Knock Off.

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 128 HP / 164 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Defog

HP Evs and Item to tank one Scarf-Lando T-EQ after Stealth Rock damage. Thunderbolt and Voltswitch for Damage and HP Ice for Lando-T and others. Defog,'cause I needed a Defogger. Fast mon that helps with Tornadus, who sometimes switches into Kartana.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Normal moveset. EQ for Tapu Koko. HP Ice for Lando-T, Dragon and Ground Types. U-Turn for Scouting and Stone Edge for Charizard. Lando-T being the ground type of the team helps with switching into Koko and switching into opposing physical attackers like Zygarde and Lopunny.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-Turn
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump

With U-Turn I have a good Voltturn core (Ash-Gren, Koko and Landorus-Therian). Water Shuriken, Hydro Pump and Dark pulse as STABs. It's a normal Moveset. It helps the team against faster and more offensive teams.

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 52 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower

The given EVs allow Tapu Bulu to outrun full speed Ev Adamant Tyranitar and 2HKO Clefable with the combination of Nature's Madness and Wood Hammer while maximizing its overall bulk. Tapu Bulu can switch into Ash Greninja, Tapu Koko, Zygarde and sometimes Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele. Grassy Terrain helps heal Heatran too.

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Heatran is my last Pokemon and my Z-User and a Supporter with Taunt and Stealth Rock. With Magma Storm it can trapp Toxapex to kills it with Earth Power. This is the Steel-type member of the team and can switch into Mega Mawile, Tapu Lele and pressures opposing Grass-types like Tangrowth and Ferrothorn. Works well with Tapu Bulu as well.

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Unlocked

Last edited:
Hey Metallknacker, that's a cool team that you've got there. CB Kartana is one of my favorite sets to use at the moment so it's cool to see it here. The teamis overall well structured, although there are some pokemons that are going to trouble you. Those include, but aren't limited to, M-Alakazam, opposing Kartana, Fire-types like Heatran and M-Charizard X, and even Sub Zygarde can all be threatening to your team due to your lack of reliable enough ways of dealing with them. So, I have a few suggestions for solving those issues.

Changes
->
- As I said above, you're lacking of a decent switch-in to Grass-types like Kartana, which forces you to take damage on Landorus-T or go hard into Bulu / Kartana / Heatran, which can be really costly. For that reason, I believe Tornadus-T would be a better fit, as it gives you a much more reliable answer to it and pivoting around it much easier. Additionally, it gives you a more durable defogger thanks to Regenerator. The moveset I'm suggesting here is Hurricane / Heat Wave / U-turn / Defog. Although it might seem weird not to have Knock Off, I feel like Heat Wave works very well here, meaning you're not a complete set-up fodder for M-Mawile, and also that you can beat M-Scizor.

->
- Koko felt very out of place here. What it did was giving you more insurance against Ground-types, a defogger, as well as a pivot. However, with Tapu Bulu (whose set I'll change so you can better handle Zygarde) which is a solid Zygarde answer, and Tornadus-T which is immune to ground and already has Defog, Tapu Koko didn't really have much utility anymore. The reason why I'm proposing M-Alakazam as a replacement is because it's a fast attacker which helps you revenge kill pokemons like Greninja and Tornadus-T, that can also switch-in on Heatran pretty comfortably (traces Flash Fire so Magma doesn't affect it, + Steelium is pretty rare at the moment). On it, I would advise HP Ice, because it helps you revenge Zygarde and Gliscor if they get out of control. You can still have Shadow Ball if you want to, but I feel like the extra insurance vs. Zygarde is very important here.

- AV Tapu Bulu is avery old set that isn't good in this meta. Of course, it takes on special attakers well, but the fact that it doesn't have reliable recovery means that stuff like M-Alakazam are still doing a decent chunk, so you don't even take on them that well. For that reason, I'd change it to the classic SpDef Bulk Up set with Horn Leech / Stone Edge or Superpower / Bulk Up / Protect or Synthesis, a 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe Careful spread, and Leftovers as its item of choice. This set still takes on special attackers like M-Alakazam, takes on Zygarde better, and takes better advantage of Grassy Terrain. Here, I would advise you to go with Stone Edge & Protect, as opposed to Superpower and Synthesis. Stone Edge helps you to lure M-Charizard X (especially if it hasn't mega evolved yet) so that it doesn't get out of control too easily, and also hits Tornadus-T and Zapdos. Protect helps you scout choiced items from the likes of Kartana, and scout Protean Greninja, which eases prediction around them.

- You really want Spikes over U-turn on it, which is the best 4th move on Ash-Gren in general. They're just really useful in applying more offensive pressure, and the fact that Gren forces a lot of mons out means that you can easily set them up as the opposing mon switches out.

An alternative option
->
- One thing that you can do is going for M-Slowbro instead of M-Alakazam. Of course, it doesn't have its speed meaning that it can't reavenge kill fast attackers like Kartana, but it does have its advantage. The main thing it does is that it gives you a reliable switch-in to threats like Zygarde, M-Charizard X, and M-Medicham, and also still takes on things like Heatran. This means that, if you're going for it, you don't need to have Stone Edge on Bulu.

~~

Version 1:

Version 2:

Hope I helped! :psyglad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)