OU VGC team! Please take help me tweak it!

1. Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem + Unburden
Adamant 6hp, 252 atk, 252 spd

• Fake out
  • Hi Jump Kick
  • Stone Edge
  • Bullet punch
First thing one would probably notice about this guy is his flawed unburden strategy. I actually prefer this strategy over the more common persim+swagger strategy as I can throw out a potent sweeper with him and not just a dedicated supporter. If I even slightly expect fake out might fail, I usually just go for a regular attack or set up tailwind the same turn. Hi Jump Kick is risky but it suits my preferences more than close combat, same with stone edge; only on this set, don't try to convince me not to use these 2 questionable moves, I know the risks and I choose to take them for the sake of more power. Bullet punch finishes off sturdies/focus sashers without the risk of them being immune (ie mach punch or even feint can't touch a ghost like Gengar).

2.Suicune @ Leftovers + Pressure
Calm 252 HP, 158 Def, 100 SpDef

• Tailwind
  • Protect
  • Snarl
  • Scald
Suicune=terrific support. The generalized defensive spread means no OHKO's (thus far) from any un-boosted non-STAB move. Tailwind for general support and as a Just-in-case for hitmonlee. Protect needs not an explanation (especially with pressure and leftovers). Snarl hits 2 birds with one stone, lowering special sweepers' potencies, as well as breaking focus sashes and white herbs. I like scald's chance to burn heavy attackers like Metagross and even Hitmontop sometimes, but it serves as more just a general damage move so suicune's not a sitting duck.

3.Azelf @ Life orb/focus sash + Levitate
Timid 6 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd

• Thunderbolt
  • psychic
  • hidden power (ice)
  • nasty plot
Mmmmm, my favorite Special Sweeper (: Azelf's 115 base speed outruns just about every common threat in the VGC metagame: Thundurus, Garchomp, Latios, Terrakion, Infernape, you name it. Nasty plot can be explained as I had follow me support on this team at one point, but I've been thinking about replacing it with flamethrower or shadow ball recently. I also used to run Garchomp with this little fellow to abuse his Levitate but I have since replaced garchomp. I mainly use Life Orb as I used to have another focus sash user (infernape) but I do love getting a surprise survival and hitting them with another powerful attack before I go down. His fallbacks include weakness to sucker punch and general fraility, meaning he generally only takes 1-2 hits before he's out of the game, that also means he generally gets 1-2 KO's before he's out if used properly as well though if he doesn't finish off the sweep.

4.Escavalier @ bug gem + Swarm
Brave 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 SpDef, 0Spd IV's

• Iron Head
  • Megahorn
  • Quick Gaurd
  • Protect
Oh Escavalier, my knight in shining armor saving me from... who else but that infernal Cresselia? Yep, the only pkmn that has ever OHKO'd Cresselia for me. And yes, I do hate Cresselia so much that I'd dedicate a single slot in my party just so I can KO that lunar B***h in one move. Admittedly, one of my less used party members due to him serving this one primary role. Though in all honesty, Escavalier does work as a great Trick Room agent and can take a few hits outside trick room as well due to his great bulk. Protect can save me from an incoming fire attack and allow my other PK to (sometimes) eliminate the threat. Iron head is a reliable move when I'm looking for accuracy over power. Quick Gaurd is good support, often times letting Azelf fire off another attack before getting beat down by a Scizor bullet punch

5. Salamence @ White Herb + Intimidate
Modest 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

• Fire blast
  • Draco Meteor
  • Hidden Power (flying)
  • Protect
Classic SpecialMence set with the a modest adjustment for slightly more power. This nature adjustment does sacrifice his outpacing of Hydreigon but there's just been too many not-quite-OHKO's with Timid nature that I had to change it. I go with White Herb over Life Orb so I don't have to switch out after a single Draco Meteor (though opposing Intimidate's sometimes ruin this for me). I've found that Fire Blast still can't OHKO Metagross so I might change that back to flamethrower. Other than that, this set speaks for itself with a great ability that can support the whole team (and specifically Azelf in many situations) and Protect to foil incoming Draco Meteors and Ice beams while I finish the hapless foe off.

6. Crobat @ Flying Gem + Inner Focus
Adamant 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

• Acrobatics
  • Whirlwind
  • Super Fang
  • Taunt
Have at ye fake-out-users! The mere presence of this guy seems to discourage common fake out users such as hitmontop and ludicolo due to their weakness against his main STAB and ability. This gal is probably my shakiest fit to the team though. The first role of anti-fakeout is probably the most solid thing she offers. Taunt is helpful but the other 2 moves can be easily replaced. Honestly, I'm not sure what role Crobat really fits in my team. I generally am more inclined to use Acrobatics on most opponents (instead of Super Fang) and Whirlwind stops the occasional set-up, but again, these 2 moves are generally not-so-helpful in the long run. Any suggestions to this gal's moveset would be greatly appreciated. Even a replacement pokemon suggestion would be helpful as Crobat seems to be the 1 pokemon I am almost never using.

Nice team, the only suggestion I would make is max speed max attack heracross. With guts and tailwind, out speeds just about everything and still nabs that OHKO on dat cress. Otherwise pretty well rounded team. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)