ORAS OU OU viable Monobug!

Hey guys, first time trying to make a competitive Monoteam. Bugs and grass-types were always my favorite, but a mono-grass squad seems much less likely to win for various reasons. Anyway, I've been using this team to moderate success on Poke Showdown (though I refuse to fight legendaries i.e. Rayquaza). Any feedback would be surely appreciated.

Spinoza (Venomoth) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz

Fast special attacker. Venomoth has single-handedly taken down more teams than you'd think. Focus Sash guarantees I get either Sleep Powder or Quiver Dance off, and from there I lay on the offense. Sleep Powder with boosted speed is so dangerous, but I almost considered switching to Butterfree for the added accuracy.

Hobbes (Crustle) (M) @ White Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- X-Scissor

Bulky physical attacker 1/lead. I usually send out Crustle first to set up Stealth Rock and am usually able to get off a Shell Smash due to Sturdy. He's my anti-Talonflame, Charizard and Dragonite and is probably my favorite Poke on this team due to his surprising offensive power. He usually takes out a Pokemon or two before someone Mach/Bullet Punches him to death.

Locke (Scolipede) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor

My baton passer, Heracross' best friend. I send him out against anything that won't KO him and proceed to rack up Speed and Attack to pass to Heracross. He absorbs Toxic Spikes, walls Fighting/Steel types and generally interrupts my opponent's momentum.

Blaise (Galvantula) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

Fast special attacker 2. My early game sweeper. He never lasts for more than one attack, but that stellar speed lets me get off a Thunder Wave against most Pokemon that would otherwise wreck my team (allowing either Venomoth or Scolipede to set up). His electric typing is also invaluable, as its one of the only ways I can take out bulky Water-types. Considering dropping Energy Ball for Sticky Web and leading with him instead of Crustle, but I'm really not sure.

Kant (Heracross) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile

Bulky physical attacker 2. A terrifying hulk of offensive power. After a successful Baton Pass from Scolipede, M-Heracross is nearly unstoppable -- taking out at least three or four Pokemon before succumbing to a priority attack. I usually send him in last to clean up.

Galileo (Forretress) (M) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Explosion
- Counter
- Rapid Spin

Full utility/Defensive Wall. I send him in early to clear my side of the field or to handily revenge-kill a Blaziken or Infernape with Counter + Sturdy. He's also a fabulous momentum-stopper, forcing opponents who can't kill him to switch out or wither under Toxic. Explosion for funsies.

Notes of Concern: Flamethrower and Fire Blast annihilates this team if I don't have an opportunity to take out the user. Usually I suicide with Ferrothorn or Galvantula to take out the larger threats, but there have been times where a Fire-type Pokemon has ruined a battle for me.

Also, I don't like Scizor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)