Out of it's League. OU DS Platinum RMT

Hello. I have been trying to build a team that I can use when I play pokemon against my friends with our DSs. For the most part, this team will be playing against standard OU teams, but may face the occasional 6 bad IVed Natured EVed Ubers team, so I would like to be able to handle those too, wherever possible.

[Sorry about the lack of pictures, but my computer's acting wonky. You all know what they look like anyway, right?]

At a glance:
Metagross
Gallade
Gengar
Machamp
Snorlax
Gliscor

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs:252 HP/236 ATK/12 Spe/8 Def
Nature: Adamant
Stealth Rock
EQ
Bullet Punch
Explosion

Pretty standard Metagross. Focus Sash because Occa Berry has proven pretty useless. I've switched 4 EVs from Def to Spe, to outspeed any other Metagross with the same IVs/Natures. This guys main purpose is to get up Stealth Rocks and then Explode later. Occasionally I will use EQ or Bullet Punch if the opponent looks like it's running Taunt, but otherwise I'll Stealth Rock first. If the opponent is a Status Inducer, such as Roserade, I'll switch to Snorlax and let him absorb it and then rest it off.

Gallade @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Nature: Jolly
ThunderPunch
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Close Combat

My clean up hitter. When the opponent sets up a good sweeper, and starts going on a rampage, I switch in and KO them with the appropriate punching move. Outspeeds most +1 sweepers, KOs them, and then switches out. ThunderPunch hits Gyarados, Ice Punch for those Dragons, Fire Punch for Scizor, and Close Combat is just a good STAB move for everyone else, including T-Tar and Weavile.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Nature: Modest
HP Steel 67
ThunderBolt
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

I've already EV trained this guy, so I'd like to avoid making changes on him if at all possible. Taking him out would be fine, or changing his move set, but don't tell me to make him Timid or anything. Again, pretty standard set, Modest because that's what I happened to have a Synchronize Ralts of, Hidden Power because Steel 67 is pretty good. ThunderBolt hits a good deal of pokemon, Shadow Ball gets STAB, and Focus Blast is just good. This guy is just my quick KOer, and my rapid spin blocker, hitting Starmie, a very common Rapid Spinner, for super effective damage.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP/128 Atk/132 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Bullet Punch
EQ
DynamicPunch
Bulk Up

I used this set on a different team, and I LOVE it. Bullet Punch is a good solid priority move (as Scizor shows time and time again >_>), EQ is just a solid move, and DynamicPunch is "CRAZY GOOD" on Machamp. Bulk Up lets Machamp absorb a hit or two, while simultaneously lifting his attack stat. I usually switch this guy into a Fighting Type Weak pokemon, because they know I've got a fighting move on me somewhere. While they switch, I Bulk Up, and then sweep.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/4 Spe/80 SpA/172 SpD
Nature: Calm
Wish
Protect
Ice Beam
Toxic

I know that Wish/Protect Blissey is totally unheard of, but hear me out. You see, I switch this guy into a pokemon that's been using Special Attack moves. Blissey take little damage from the switch in, and then proceeds to use Toxic. Then, while they take damage constantly from Toxic, I use Wish and Protect repeatedly, and remain at near full HP, while the opponent slowly dies of poison. If they switch to a Physical attacker, switch to Gliscor, or another pokemon that can take care of it. Also, Wish can be used to heal my other pokemon, if I can pull it off. Ice Beam is on there if the Special Attack is horribly Ice weak, or if Blissey absolutely MUST attack. Original, no?

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/32 Def/220 Spe
Nature: Impish
Roost
EQ
Knock Off
Stone Edge

First off, I'm using Sand Veil, because odds are I'll be facing a sandstorm team more often than I face a pokemon using Growl or similar. Anyway, My Physical Tank. Knock Off will stop Item reliant pokemon in their tracks, EQ and Rock Slide are just good all around moves. This pokemon combines very well with blissey, as they can both fend off the pokemon the other one can't. I'm not all attached to this pokemon, so I'm probably most open to suggestions to remove him for a different Physical Tank.

And that's that. If I've forgotten anything, I apologize, and will add it immediately.

Overall, this is a nice team,with just a few issues to clear up.

Firstly, the choice of item on your Metagross. The only things which will come close to 1HKO him are special Fire type moves, which Occa berry will clean up. Metagross is a very useful poke to have on your team, even after he has got rocks up, but at 1HP, he will not.

Next up, Gliscor. Stone Edge is always superior to Rock Slide, despite the flinch rate. I appreciate that you are on Wi-Fi, and it may be hard to get, but try to get it if you can.

Finally, Hidden Power Steel is basically redundant, as the only thing it will be good against is Tyranitar, which Focus Blast will deal with. You might want to consider changing your Gengar set to a Substitute and Leftovers set, to make him harder to take down.

Otherwise,well done, and good luck!

On your Gengar, what can Hidden Power Steel hit that can't be hit harder by his other Attacks? I seriously recomend switching to something different. Perhaps Explosion or Focus Punch to hit Blissey. Even Hypnosis would be better.

All right, I'll change Rock Slide to Stone Edge, Focus Sash to Occa Berry, and Hidden Power Steel to...? I'm trying to keep Gengar as my quick attacker, So I'd like to avoid Focus Punch and Substitute. Gengar will probably be fighting a lot of Ghost Types, so I'd like to avoid Explosion. Should I just go with Hypnosis then? Or what else could be used?

Subsitiute dosen't mean you use Focus Punch, especially on a pokemon wish such a low attack stat as Gengar.

Gengar forces a lot of switches. Therefor, if you put Subsitute on Gengar, over the redundant Hidden Power Steel, when Gengar comes in on something that will obviously not like it, you can Sub. This gives you an 'extra life' in a way. Other Gengars will lose, regardless of who goes first. Heatran you have two shots at killing with Focus Blast, provided it's not Scarftran. Same with T-Tar.

Subsutute, when combined with Gangar's movepoll, speed, and stats, both good and bad, is a godsend.

Hypnosis is a passable second option, if you are dead set against Sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)