Page 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reporters from Page Six scored some salacious gossip about the Page 5 project, getting one up on everyone else in the biz.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
az's most ambitious project yet; page 5.

the buildup to the project calls upon POSTERS from the SUBFORUM. to post.

however, will it live up to the hype. ive actually received a reviewers copy of page 5 in the mail, alongside my other mail. it was sent to me as a dvd. proof below:
1610686165843.png
upon placing it in my computer's drive, nothing happened. but this deepens the mystery.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
EXCLUSIVE: FIRST LOOK INSIDE PAGE 5

page two has brought with it new Page 5 gossip, mysterious early releases of incomplete copies (or perhaps just promotional material), and further speculation on the form the project will take

today we are excited to be able to put some of that speculation to bed

we have ready to share an exclusive sneak peek from the set of Page 5, secured by our journalists

we must warn any fans of Page 5 that the following image could contain spoilers, so if you're committed to staying in the dark you might want to sit this one out

without further ado, here's the first image of Page 5 in production:

page5preview.jpg

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
As a moderator of Smogoff, I feel like I have a duty to protect the people of Smogoff from scammers, confidence artists, tricksters, charlatans, crooks, and rascals of all kinds.
Additionally, the high amount of self-procaimed "gamers" in Smogoff, a group particularly vulnerable to pre-release hype (see: no mans sky, cyberpunk, fallout 76), makes me worry when I see so many Smogoff posters buying into the "Page 5" hype.
So, because of these two things, I want to officially state that all Smogoff posters who are looking forwards to this "Page 5" product should be incredibly wary.

The first thing that makes me wary about buying into this "page 5" hype is the sheer difficulty of making it to page 5.
And although az is a top notch poster, getting a post to page 5 is no easy task (unless you're young dramps). It's not unlikely that this thread will run out of steam.

The second reason I think that all smogoff posters should be wary is the leak of "Page 5". Admittedly, I do think that the word "the" is a very promising start. In fact, I think that it's one of the best words to start a post with.
But we don't know if starting the post with "the" was intentional. Considering that az is the creator of "Page 5", that word might be intended to be one of the hundreds of words that you shouldn't start a post with - like "chemistry", "housing" or "echidna". Knowing az, it's highly likely that "the" is simply a typo of one of the many words you shouldn't start a post with.

So I ask that all Smogoff posters be wary. I think everyone should be positive about the eventual result of "Page 5", but don't buy into the hype to the point where you'll be heartbroken if "Page 5" gets indefinitely delayed by upper management.

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Bulletin from Ullar S. B. Warlord and Associates

We are pleased to report that the sponsorship deal has been secured. Those Brits really devalue good old American currency, but the conversion rate was acceptable regardless.

What will we be promoting? Ah, if only we could say. Some headstrong members of the braintrust have leaked the topic ahead of time, so we won’t bother to do so here. At least the fools didn’t leak the actual content.

The content is complete and ready for perusal at the time our associates behind Page 5 pull back the curtain; all that’s left to do for us now is to gussy it up, and wait for the premiere! Hope to see you there, folks!

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi friends,

i'm taking a brief break from our work here on the set of Page 5. i hope you're all looking forward to it

i just wanted to take the opportunity to speak to you directly

first of all, i'm really excited to confirm that we now have a wonderful sponsor in Ullar S. B. Warlord and Associates. this is great news for the project, and only has positives for both parties

secondly, i just wanted to address some of the potentially negative press surrounding the nature of Page 5

Page 5
is definitely a project like no other, so it stands to reason that some people might be wary of it — change can be scary

but it can also be really exciting, and innovation is how we pave the way towards a better future

here at Page 5 we know that you've put your trust in us, and i'm sure i speak for mf as well as myself when i say that we don't mean to let you down

just hold on a little longer, and all will be revealed

wishing you and your loved ones all the best in these difficult times

yours faithfully,
azsigned2.png

az
creator and director, Page 5

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
as page 2 begins to come to a close, myself and my associates at XzPostsNow Ltd. have been scrambling to obtain some information regarding the project known as, or even the nature regarding the project known as, Page 5. our news outlet is known for accurate and timely information regarding upcoming posting-related projects and popular posting culture.

we received a leaked reviewer's copy in the mail earlier this week only for it to be a dud. no matter what you think of the posts journalism industry, everyone needs to make a buck somehow. if you have any leaks or information regarding the project, please contact my direct line at plural#6537 or an email directed towards xzern@xzposts.net. your contribution to the realm of public knowledge will be anonymous unless requested otherwise.

as page 2 begins to come to a close, myself and my associates at XzPostsNow Ltd. have been scrambling to obtain some information regarding the project known as, or even the nature regarding the project known as, Page 5. our news outlet is known for accurate and timely information regarding upcoming posting-related projects and popular posting culture.

we received a leaked reviewer's copy in the mail earlier this week only for it to be a dud. no matter what you think of the posts journalism industry, everyone needs to make a buck somehow. if you have any leaks or information regarding the project, please contact my direct line at plural#6537 or an email directed towards xzern@xzposts.net. your contribution to the realm of public knowledge will be anonymous unless requested otherwise.
The link took me to an image of Glalie.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
BP here, I am the owner and founder of BP Industries. What we do here is get super faded and come up with weird ideas like the bidet. We than sell them and get lots of corporate private jet money for my corporate lackeys while grossesly underpaying our workers.

We fondly await the page 5 content and I as BP would like to keep this thread alive. I have very high hopes for this fabled, ambitious, some may say impossible project. I however see the potential in you as I do with all my workers here at BP industries. I wish you a kind regards and a speedy page 5 arrival.

Thanks,
BP (Founder and Owner of BP industries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)