Online Competition Paldea Prologue

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
paldeaprologue.jpg

Finally, the first Online Competition starts this Thursday at 7 PM EST! Make sure you sign up for it ASAP so you can play it!

The Gimmick
This is a doubles tournament that allows everything in the Paldea Dex. The gimmick is... you may choose to use either Koraidon or Miraidon on your team! NOT both, so you'll have to decide: are you a past-stan, or are you with the future?!

Note this means stuff like Iron Leaves, Walking Wake, and... Wooper are not allowed in this competition. Sorry folks, no Wooper memes!

The ladder has been up on Pokemon Showdown for two days, so let's discuss what seem to be good meta picks, and next week, how we did in the online competition!

I've been playing around on my alt "rawsause w eggos" with a koraidon balance team, and I feel like if you want to run koraidon, then you should definitely look into covert cloak scream tail! I feel like when it comes to the past vs future paradox wars, scream tail with an investment to get the protosynthesis speed boost serves to be the perfect past paradox to change the future of the battle. With access to misty terrain, you can shut down not only electric terrain removing the quark drive boosts from them, but also severely reduce the power of miraidon's draco meteor allowing koraidon to better combat them, and misty terrain helps check those who runs psyspam cores with indeedee + armarouge/hatterene. Scream tail also has other very neat utility moves such as dual screens to beef up the team, fake tears for your special attackers like flutter mane or sandy shocks, howl to further boost koraidon's attack stat, trick room for speed control, and even perish song as a means to safely win the endgame if having the pokemon advantage or to pair up with gothitelle for a perish trap core.
The set I'm currently using is protect, play rough (single target fairy move to hit miraidon harder and snipe tatsugiris), perish song, and misty terrain, and it has been the mvp of my koraidon team!

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just to warn everyone, it seems like they made a change to how competitions work this generation: You're now forced to LOCK your team in during the sign up! No more waiting to see how the meta settles to figure out a team LOL, so Im gonna have to gather my mons NOW!

Theorymon

Sorry for the double post, but I feel like this was worth it: wisy on Discord pointed this out

So it seems like you can join WHILE the tournament is going. Phew, I might not have to lock my team in today! I do wonder if the whole "15 battles roll over to the next day" stuff still works though. I am not 100% sure I want to risk finding that out lol.

oh thank god we can sign up during the tour
been changing my team for past couple of days and haven't been satisfied with either options until now x.x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)