SM NU Passimian Balanced Team

After improving my UU team, I have come to ask what you think of my NU team focused on Passimian.
ico_shuffle_766.png

King Julien (Passimian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Seed Bomb
Passimian is the star Pokémon of the team, he is the best user of Choice Scarf of the NeverUsed tier and thanks to Defiant he has gained more use in this tier, he is the bulky physical sweeper, Close Combat hits with STAB, Knock Off provides coverage against Psychic-Type like Xatu and Slowking, Iron Head for fairies like Comfey and Bullet Seed for threats like Slowking, Vaporeon and Seismitoad, their main against is being stagnant and the opponent makes a prediction, the best way to deal with it is by changing Pokémon.
ico_shuffle_695.png

Randall (Heliolisk) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Surf
Heliolisk's role in the team, in addition to attacking on the special side, also covers Passimian of flying-type Pokémon like Golbat, Xatu and Sigiliph, also provides more effective coverage against Slowking and Vaporeon, Hyper Voice hits by STAB to cause neutral damage against Pokémon other than Rock and Steel, Surf provides coverage against Ground, Fire and Rock Pokémon.
Sneasel.png

Silver (Sneasel) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit
Sneasel covers Passimian and Heliolisk of their weaknesses, covers the Psychic and Flying type for Passimian and Ground for Heliolisk, Sneasel has Ice Shard in case the opponent is faster as a priority, Icicle Clash to attack and more for the sword dance boosting, Pursuit hits hard against Ghosts and Psychics like Palossand, Xatu and Sigiliph, Sneasel has weaknesses but most of the team's Pokémon compensates them.
ico_shuffle_537.png

Captain Grime (Seismitoad) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Refresh
- Earthquake
Seismitoad covers Sneasel and Heliolisk of the fire and rock type, Seismitoad plays a defensive role, thanks to Water Absorb it is immune to water, Seismitoad puts Stealth Rock when entering the field, Scald with STAB and is likely to burn the rival, Refresh Heals it from state attacks such as toxic, paralysis and burns, earthquake hits hard against anything that is weak to the Ground type, Sneasel and Incineroar cover their weakness x4 to the grass type while Seismitoad covers both of their weaknesses like the Fire type for Sneasel, Water Absorb is to predict and cover Incineroar from water attacks, Seismitoad covers both of the rock type.
ico_shuffle_727.png

Tony Tiger (Incineroar) (M) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 100 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
Incineroar is an alternative if Sneasel falls, covers Seismitoad from the plants and serves to defend the team from threats like Scarf Delphox, Vivillon and Sceptile, Flare Blitz is his best physical fire movement with STAB, Knock Off removes the object of the rival In addition to hitting him superffective if he is Psychic or Ghost, Sword Dance makes him even more powerful and Earthquake in case he is in trouble with another Incineroar or a rock type appears to him in front, the Figy berry will make Incineroar more durable.
ico_shuffle_569.png

AntiGenwunners (Garbodor) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
Garbodor is another defensive support, covers Passimian and Sneasel of the Fairy type and Seismitoad of the plant type, while Incineroar and Sneasel block the psychics and Sneasel and Seismitoad cover it of the Ground Type, Garbodor being special defensive puts poisons and poisons upon entering, Gunk Shot is his best attack by STAB, Black Sludge and Recover will make Garbodor count on reliable recovery, if he is weakened by physical attacks, his Aftermath ability is activated by damaging the opponent.
I have already counted the team's moveset, now I will count its probable threats.
Threatlist:
:sm/vivillon:
Quiver Dance Vivillon
: Even with the Stealth Rock, Vivillon sleeps the user since he is usually faster than Seismitoad and sleeps him, while he is sleeping he abuses Quiver Dance to the point of destroying the team with Bug Buzz and Hurricane.
:sm/sceptile:
Unburden Sceptile: Although rare, Unburden Sceptile can become a threat if it loses its object, it can destroy the team with Acrobatics, Stone Edge and Leaf Blade.
:sm/delphox:
Scarf Delphox: The main reason to add Incineroar is by Delphox, you can eliminate Passimian and Garbodor with Psychic and Sneasel and Heliolisk with Flamethower, since Heliolisk is weak to fire by Dry Skin.
:sm/medicham:
Other Fighting-Type Pokémon: The most worrisome is Medicham, since by the Fighting type he hits Heliolisk, Incineroar and Sneasel and on the psychic side of Passimian and Garbodor, Only Seismitoad could hold Medicham well.
Already here is the team, before finishing I will leave a Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-999169716

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
yo, so I think the main issue this team has is with regards to sets; you've got some wack EV spreads that I can't really think up a purpose for (Heliolisk and Garbodor in specific). Additionally, I think there are some very easy changes that can be made to address some of your threats.

major changes
:sneasel: -> :aerodactyl:
so the first change I made was changing Sneasel to Aerodactyl; I think Swords Dance Sneasel is absolutely terrible given you find very few opportunities to set up with it. Additionally, I think Choice Band Aerodactyl's Speed, defensive utility, and Pursuit support are invaluable for your team.
Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Aerial Ace

:heliolisk: -> :rotom:
your team lacked entry hazard control, and Rotom is a good substitute that provides it. it's also a better check to Braviary, which currently could run through your team with little issue. Rotom also gives you a secondary Fighting-type check, which is sort of necessary. Ghostium Z was chosen for a better matchup against stuff like Alolan Exeggutor and Seismitoad.
Rotom @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Defog

minor changes
:passimian:
right now, your Passimian misses the entire point to use the Pokemon: U-turn. Passimian is the best pivot in the tier, and you can never justify dropping U-turn from it. Its power, coverage, and ability to switch into and force out Pokemon like Incineroar give it plenty of opportunities to bring in teammates with U-turn. I also think Gunk Shot is just better than Iron Head because of the power.
Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

:incineroar:
changed the EV spread to be a more offensive one because the team didn't really seem to benefit that much from slow Incineroar. not really anything else to say here. I think the other changes to the team alleviate the need for fat Incineroar, since the Pokemon it would normally check are now better handled (think Sigilyph and Delphox)
Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

:garbodor:
Garbodor's EV spread was addressed earlier, so I changed it to a more standard one designed to outspeed Adamant Pangoro. I also went Toxic > Toxic Spikes given you have Defog Rotom, so entry hazard stacking isn't particularly effective I feel. Toxic Spikes is a fine option. but Toxic is nice to pressure Rotom, which has a semi favorable matchup against your team.
Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Pain Split

:seismitoad:
no changes were made here. you can consider Earth Power > Earthquake for damage against Blastoise though.

:passimian::seismitoad::incineroar::garbodor::aerodactyl::rotom:
Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Refresh

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Pain Split

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Aerial Ace

Rotom @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Defog

here's the updated version, hope you can find some success with it should you choose to use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)