R U L E S
We don't have many rules that aren't already laid out in Smogon's forum-wide rules so make sure you read those. But here's some things to remember when posting here:
- Don't post a thread without asking either myself, Psynergy, or chemcoop first! The only exception is if a new Online Competition gets announced and none of us are online to ask, however you need to put effort into the OP. Use past threads as a reference, make sure the rules are clear and tag Lego so he can add the format to Showdown!
- Don't advertise your YouTube or Twitch channels here without asking us either. Now that Pokémon is on an actual console, it’s never been easier to capture footage and create content, so we're sure there will be an influx of content creators wanting to get their stuff out there. If you think your content is particularly good then send us a message. You will probably see posts around the forums from our "Approved Streamers" but that doesn't give you a license to do it either!
- No discussing or promoting of hacking methods. We take a zero tolerance to this, you will receive a hefty infraction for doing so.
- Please keep posts to the relevant threads!
- Lurk Less! As long as you've read these rules then you will be fine posting here! We want to encourage new users to get involved here as soon as possible.
If you've got a simple question about Battle Spot and not sure where to post, this is the place!
- What is Battle Stadium?
- Battle Stadium is the collection of online ranked modes on the Switch games themselves. The modes are 3v3 Singles (BSS) and 4v4 Doubles aka The Official VGC Ladder (discuss that in the proper forum). In all modes - barring some special formats - you bring 6 Pokemon and choose the required amount at team preview
- How do I play Battle Stadium?
- Firstly you'll need a Nintendo Online account. Once in the game, press X to bring up the menu and choose VS, then choose Battle Stadium and go to Ranked Battles. From there you can choose Singles or Doubles.
- What are the rules? What's banned?
- The simplest way of explaining the rules of Battle Stadium is that it's an online, player-vs-player version of the Battle Tower. Only certain mythical Pokemon are banned, you can run up to two cover legendaries on each team, you can only use one of each item on your team, and Gigantamaxing/Dynamaxing is allowed.
- Can I use Pokemon transferred from older games?
- Unfortunately, no, not in their transferred state. They can receive a Battle Ready mark in the Battle Tower, but this will require wiping all transfer exclusive moves.
Last edited by a moderator: