Announcement Peace Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heyo. Not to try and upstage the recent PL victory for the Trojan Porygons, but I'm announcing my retirement from 1v1 TL, Moderator, and all other positions I hold in 1v1.

It's become clear that I no longer have the time, and often motivation, necessary to achieve the amount of work I would like to see be put into 1v1, whether its towards our resources or place on Smogon. Once I definitely could set aside multiple hours of my day to do stuff like QC analyses, make and update resources, try to get 1v1 involved in new things, but right now real life is catching up, and of course real life comes first. Was waiting for PL to wrap up to post this, so I wouldn't have any lingering responsibilities to take care of.

But I'm honestly happy about the work that's been put into the scene. I think 1v1 has been pushed past a place of simply being a meme and towards something more respectable, a scene where playing in our tours and being involved in the community doesn't have such a negative stigma. Obviously, there are still many areas we can improve on, but I'm positive some ambitious and well-meaning individuals will have the energy needed to replace me and continue to build up our scene. I'm a bit sad I couldn't be the one to push our metagame into outright official status, but we're closer than we ever have been, and I'm glad I was at least able to help create the foundation.

Concerning a replacement TL, I leave that decision to Rosa - she will announce a replacement when a suitable candidate presents themselves. In the meantime, I'm probably going to take a break from the scene in general, though I still intend to work on some of the resources I enjoy working on the most - particularly, the Circuit/Team Tour sheets and Hall of Fame (and maybe Gen 7 analyses if that starts up again). Any other resources I have will be given away.

In any case, its been a fun few years, and I hope I wasn't too corrupt during them. Thank you to everyone who helped me help 1v1. Peace oooot-

c07f3fe2f907344587c79af10d1c375f.gif

Last edited:

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
man. the good ass memories of captaining US East with the one and only TDA. I will forever cherish the fun and not so fun times we shared. hope you have a good one my man and as always, Emma Watson is the forever US East mascot :)

Heyo. Not to try and upstage the recent PL victory for the Trojan Porygons, but I'm announcing my retirement from 1v1 TL, Moderator, and all other positions I hold in 1v1.

It's become clear that I no longer have the time, and often motivation, necessary to achieve the amount of work I would like to see be put into 1v1, whether its towards our resources or place on Smogon. Once I definitely could set aside multiple hours of my day to do stuff like QC analyses, make and update resources, try to get 1v1 involved in new things, but right now real life is catching up, and of course real life comes first. Was waiting for PL to wrap up to post this, so I wouldn't have any lingering responsibilities to take care of.

But I'm honestly happy about the work that's been put into the scene. I think 1v1 has been pushed past a place of simply being a meme and towards something more respectable, a scene where playing in our tours and being involved in the community doesn't have such a negative stigma. Obviously, there are still many areas we can improve on, but I'm positive some ambitious and well-meaning individuals will have the energy needed to replace me and continue to build up our scene. I'm a bit sad I couldn't be the one to push our metagame into outright official status, but we're closer than we ever have been, and I'm glad I was at least able to help create the foundation.

Concerning a replacement TL, I leave that decision to Rosa - she will announce a replacement when a suitable candidate presents themselves. In the meantime, I'm probably going to take a break from the scene in general, though I still intend to work on some of the resources I enjoy working on the most - particularly, the Circuit/Team Tour sheets and Hall of Fame (and maybe Gen 7 analyses if that starts up again). Any other resources I have will be given away.

In any case, its been a fun few years, and I hope I wasn't too corrupt during them. Thank you to everyone who helped me help 1v1. Peace oooot-

View attachment 333413
Wow. In the super short time I've know you you've been really nice and such an inspiration in not just playing pokemon but living life, whatever you do after this you'll probably be great at too, good luck and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)