SV OU [Peak 1400] Bulky Offense - Please Help Me Improve It?

Team:
https://pokepast.es/dd8ed23f53d26e19
:sv/iron-hands: :sv/great-tusk: :sv/dragonite: :sv/moltres: :sv/gholdengo: :sv/rillaboom:

Introduction:

Hello! So basically, this is the first team I have tried to make for the current meta. This is a bulky offense team, as stated in the title. Iron hands and Moltres provide a defensive core. Great Tusk provides role compression by both removing hazards and setting Stealth Rocks. Rillaboom switches into Earthquakes, sets Grassy Terrain for longevity, and wall breaks. Rillaboom and Dragonite provide a strong dual priority core. Gholdengo is a switch in to common Body Press users and a form of speed control.

Team Roles:
:sv/iron-hands:

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 12 HP / 236 Atk / 148 Def / 108 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
Description:
I will admit, I do not remember what these EVs do, and scaling up from level 50 to 100 likely threw of calculations a bit, as this was originally a VGC set. In this team, Iron Hands is meant to switch in on special attackers and then punch holes the the opposing team. Fake out, while not very strong, usually has enough damage to chip opposing Pokemon into guaranteed 2HKO or 1HKO ranges. Drain Punch serves allows you to damage opponents while giving healing, allowing you to win otherwise disadvantages 1v1s. Wild Charge is a strong stab move 2HKOing a majority of the metagame. Ice Punch provides coverage on pokemon like Gliscor, Landorus, and Garchomp. Tera Grass allows you to more comfortably tank Ground type attacks. With Assault Vest, Iron Hands is able to comfortably switch into most special attackers and either beat them or force them out. It also guarantees high damage on most switch ins. Iron Hands can effectively check special attackers while accelerating the game.

:sv/great-tusk:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
Description:
Great Tusk provides role compression, hence why it was chosen over other hazard removers. It can consistently remove hazards while also setting Stealth Rocks to help chip down enemies. In addition, it is not afraid of Gholdengo if it doesn't have an active air balloon. Tera Ground allows Great tusk to effectively punch holes with Headlong Rush. Even without Tera, it can beat damage opposing Galarian Slowking, who other wise is a rather bothersome pivot. Close Combat is a second stab option. Heavy Duty Boots increases its longevity so it does not get chipped down by the same hazards it is meant to remove.

:sv/dragonite:
Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Spinner
- Fire Punch
Description:
Dragonite is an effective revenge killer and attacker. Tera Normal Choice Band Extreme Speed revenge kills basically any non-Steel or Ghost type from surprisingly high ranges. Dragon Claw is a strong stab option without locking me into Outrage. Ice Spinner lets me OHKO ice weak pokemon. Fire Punch lets me beat common steel types. Dragonite is an important backbone to the team. Its ability to revenge kill faster threats stops my team from falling apart. In addition, multi-scale allows it to check common set sweepers, notably being able to switch in on boosted Roaring Moon and win the 1v1. While this Dragonite isn't great into stall, it can also clean up late game with its strong attacks and being faster than most stall pokemon.

:sv/moltres:
Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn
- Roost
Description:
Moltes is the physical wall of the team. Will-O-Wisp halving damage physical damage allows it to tank even super effective attacks. This provides an easier time for Iron Hands as well, as physical threats now struggle much more against it. Flamethrower is a consistent stab option to hit opponents. Roost recovers HP. U-Turn is ran in order to provide slow-ish pivoting to my allies. While my team does have hazard removal, Heavy Duty Boots is still ran as to relieve strain on Great Tusk. Moltres forms a strong defensive core with Iron Hands.

:sv/gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
Description:
Trick-Scarf Gholdengo eases the match up into stall and Body Press users. Make It Rain and Shadow ball are strong stab moves that hit decently hard into most of the metagame. With a bit of chip, Shadow Ball also has a high chance to OHKO opposing Gholdengo. Trick allows Gholdengo to cripple stall Pokemon and set-up sweepers by forcing them to lock into certain moves. Recover may seem like an awkward option, but it allows Gholdengo to keep its HP up once Choice Scarf has been tricked off. While holding Scarf, Gholdengo is able to outspeed a majority of the unboosted metagame, allowing Gholdengo to revenge kill mid-game and clean up late game.

:sv/rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Description:
Choice Band Rillaboom is a phenomenal wallbreaker. Wood Hammer can OHKO a variety of frailer threats and force out bulkier ones. Rillaboom really helps save the matchup into stall due to Wood Hammers high damage output. 140 speed EVs allows Rillaboom to hit 241 speed, enough to outspeed max speed Primarina. Adamant nature is used maximize damage output. With Tera Grass, Grassy Glide can OHKO Ogerpon-Wellspring 83.1% of the time. Knock Off can be used to cripple opposing Pokemon on predicted switches. U-Turn can be used on predicted switches too in order to pivot a teammate with a better matchup in. The Grassy Terrain provides recovery to the entire team too, as the team lacks reliable recovery on most of the team.

Flaws:
1. The largest problem this team seems to have is Stall. Unless you can make series of hard predictions, you tend to struggle to breakthrough.
2. My team has not way whatsoever to beat any Gliscor running Substitute and Protect. I can't wall it and have a hard time killing it too.
3. My team struggles a lot against opposing Moltres and Talonflame, as they can spread burns with relative ease.
3. Powerful breakers like Kyreum and Hoop-U are really scary.

This team also tends to get worn down over time, but that has not been much of a problem so far. In addition, suprisingly, I have had no problems with running three Choice-locked Pokemon. I would really appreciate help identifying any other problems, fixing existing problems, and finding better EVs for my team. I apologize for any mistakes made while writing this post. Thank you in advance for the help!

Edits:
5/24/2024 - Edit 1: https://pokepast.es/77a442cce3c4579b - Peak 1500
I tried out some of the changes recommended by Hittite Jumpscare. Ice Spinner is nice for popping Air Balloon on Gholdengo and is nice coverage. Hopefully this also makes Gliscor a bit easier to handle as well. I moved 4 HP EVs to Speed on Dragonite. I am trying Tera Ground on Moltres, though I don't usually click Tera on this Pokemon. I am trying Tera Fire in Iron Hands to help against burn status. I welcome more potential edits!

5/26/2024 - Edit 2: https://pokepast.es/307b77366e8df36b - Peak 1530
I took some changes recommended by 658Greninja and compiled them on the previous edits. Heavy Slam on Iron Hands has been nice against Tera Fairy Pokemon that would otherwise have had the chance to run away with the game. Having a stronger choice to hit Enamorus and Iron Valiant. It will hopefully help against stall, as they run Clefable. I do miss breaking sashes and chipping with Fake Out, but the change is likely worth it. Moving Attack EVs to Speed on Iron Hands to outspeed Clef and Corviknight has been worth it so far, as I barely miss the extra damage, and it means I have an easier time against the two Pokemon. Tera Fire Iron Hands also helps with burn spreaders and resists Fairy. Speed EVs on Rillaboom outspeeding Raging Bolt means I have a much easier time revenge killing it. Tera Water on Moltres helps against Water types and removes some weaknesses. Please tell me if you have any more ideas for potential edits! I still need to try out VicBossMG's alternative series of suggested edits next though.

5/27/2024 - Edit 3: https://pokepast.es/c0fd38146e8630b7 - Peak 1621
I tested all of VicBossMG's suggestions, other than the Dragonite set. I decided to replace Iron Hands with Kingambit. Triple priority on a team is likely overkill most of the time, but it has been really helpful. I changed Tera Ground to Tera Steel on Great Tusk, though I have yet to click Tera. I moved 36 Speed EVs on Gholdengo to HP, just improve my bulk at tad bit. It does mean I lose to opposing Scarf Gholdengo more often than not, but I am one of the few people that seem to run it. I will play around with this team some more, and I might adopt some more suggestions from VicBossMG later on. Thank you to everyone to has given me suggestions so far! I really appreciate you all choosing to use your time to help me! I really never thought I would be in the 1600s in SV OU.

Last edited:
Team:
:sv/iron-hands: :sv/great-tusk: :sv/dragonite: :sv/moltres: :sv/gholdengo: :sv/rillaboom:

Introduction:

Hello! So basically, this is the first team I have tried to make for the current meta. This is a bulky offense team, as stated in the title. Iron hands and Moltres provide a defensive core. Great Tusk provides role compression by both removing hazards and setting Stealth Rocks. Rillaboom switches into Earthquakes, sets Grassy Terrain for longevity, and wall breaks. Rillaboom and Dragonite provide a strong dual priority core. Gholdengo is a switch in to common Body Press users and a form of speed control.

Team Roles:

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
Description:
I will admit, I do not remember what these EVs do, and scaling up from level 50 to 100 likely threw of calculations a bit, as this was originally a VGC set. In this team, Iron Hands is meant to switch in on special attackers and then punch holes the the opposing team. Fake out, while not very strong, usually has enough damage to chip opposing Pokemon into guaranteed 2HKO or 1HKO ranges. Drain Punch serves allows you to damage opponents while giving healing, allowing you to win otherwise disadvantages 1v1s. Wild Charge is a strong stab move 2HKOing a majority of the metagame. Ice Punch provides coverage on pokemon like Gliscor, Landorus, and Garchomp. Tera Grass allows you to more comfortably tank Ground type attacks. With Assault Vest, Iron Hands is able to comfortably switch into most special attackers and either beat them or force them out. It also guarantees high damage on most switch ins. Iron Hands can effectively check special attackers while accelerating the game.

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
Description:
Great Tusk provides role compression, hence why it was chosen over other hazard removers. It can consistently remove hazards while also setting Stealth Rocks to help chip down enemies. In addition, it is not afraid of Gholdengo if it doesn't have an active air balloon. Tera Ground allows Great tusk to effectively punch holes with Headlong Rush. Even without Tera, it can beat damage opposing Galarian Slowking, who other wise is a rather bothersome pivot. Close Combat is a second stab option. Heavy Duty Boots increases its longevity so it does not get chipped down by the same hazards it is meant to remove.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Spinner
- Fire Punch
Description:
Dragonite is an effective revenge killer and attacker. Tera Normal Choice Band Extreme Speed revenge kills basically any non-Steel or Ghost type from surprisingly high ranges. Dragon Claw is a strong stab option without locking me into Outrage. Ice Spinner lets me OHKO ice weak pokemon. Fire Punch lets me beat common steel types. Dragonite is an important backbone to the team. Its ability to revenge kill faster threats stops my team from falling apart. In addition, multi-scale allows it to check common set sweepers, notably being able to switch in on boosted Roaring Moon and win the 1v1. While this Dragonite isn't great into stall, it can also clean up late game with its strong attacks and being faster than most stall pokemon.

Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn
- Roost
Description:
Moltes is the physical wall of the team. Will-O-Wisp halving damage physical damage allows it to tank even super effective attacks. This provides an easier time for Iron Hands as well, as physical threats now struggle much more against it. Flamethrower is a consistent stab option to hit opponents. Roost recovers HP. U-Turn is ran in order to provide slow-ish pivoting to my allies. While my team does have hazard removal, Heavy Duty Boots is still ran as to relieve strain on Great Tusk. Moltres forms a strong defensive core with Iron Hands.

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
Description:
Trick-Scarf Gholdengo eases the match up into stall and Body Press users. Make It Rain and Shadow ball are strong stab moves that hit decently hard into most of the metagame. With a bit of chip, Shadow Ball also has a high chance to OHKO opposing Gholdengo. Trick allows Gholdengo to cripple stall Pokemon and set-up sweepers by forcing them to lock into certain moves. Recover may seem like an awkward option, but it allows Gholdengo to keep its HP up once Choice Scarf has been tricked off. While holding Scarf, Gholdengo is able to outspeed a majority of the unboosted metagame, allowing Gholdengo to revenge kill mid-game and clean up late game.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Description:
Choice Band Rillaboom is a phenomenal wallbreaker. Wood Hammer can OHKO a variety of frailer threats and force out bulkier ones. Rillaboom really helps save the matchup into stall due to Wood Hammers high damage output. 140 speed EVs allows Rillaboom to hit 241 speed, enough to outspeed max speed Primarina. Adamant nature is used maximize damage output. With Tera Grass, Grassy Glide can OHKO Ogerpon-Wellspring 83.1% of the time. Knock Off can be used to cripple opposing Pokemon on predicted switches. U-Turn can be used on predicted switches too in order to pivot a teammate with a better matchup in. The Grassy Terrain provides recovery to the entire team too, as the team lacks reliable recovery on most of the team.

Flaws:
1. The largest problem this team seems to have is Stall. Unless you can make series of hard predictions, you tend to struggle to breakthrough.
2. My team has not way whatsoever to beat any Gliscor running Substitute and Protect. I can't wall it and have a hard time killing it too.

This team also tends to get worn down over time, but that has not been much of a problem so far. In addition, suprisingly, I have had no problems with running three Choice-locked Pokemon. I would really appreciate help identifying any other problems, fixing existing problems, and finding better EVs for my team. I apologize for any mistakes made while writing this post. Thank you in advance for the help!
Ngl I battled against this team yesterday

Team:

Introduction:

Team Roles:

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
Description:

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
Description:

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Spinner
- Fire Punch
Description:

Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn
- Roost
Description:

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
Description:

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Description:

Flaws:

Here are a few suggestions I would like to make to maybe improve this team:

:Iron_hands: : I would suggest giving it a 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def EV spread. It's usually not a good idea to run VGC sets in OU, as they're both fundamentally different. You should also change the tera type to steel or water, as tera grass is only good on :Heatran:. The moveset is fine, but you can consider replacing Fake Out with volt switch for more pivot options.

:Great_tusk: : Replace Close Combat with Ice spinner. Not only it gives you a better :Gliscor: match-up, but also gives you better coverage. Not much else to change.

:Dragonite: : I personally don't know a lot about banded :Dragonite:, so all I can say is make it have 248 HP EVs instead, to maximise the amount of times you can switch in on rocks.

:Moltres: : Ground is probably a better tera type. Not much else to say.

:Gholdengo: : Good set overall, can't say much.

:Rillaboom: : Whenever I run :Rillaboom:, I always go for a jolly nature, because I like the little speed boost, but you do what your team needs to have.

So those are my suggestions for this team. Hopefully I helped!

Here are a few suggestions I would like to make to maybe improve this team:

:Iron_hands: : I would suggest giving it a 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def EV spread. It's usually not a good idea to run VGC sets in OU, as they're both fundamentally different. You should also change the tera type to steel or water, as tera grass is only good on :Heatran:. The moveset is fine, but you can consider replacing Fake Out with volt switch for more pivot options.

:Great_tusk: : Replace Close Combat with Ice spinner. Not only it gives you a better :Gliscor: match-up, but also gives you better coverage. Not much else to change.

:Dragonite: : I personally don't know a lot about banded :Dragonite:, so all I can say is make it have 248 HP EVs instead, to maximise the amount of times you can switch in on rocks.

:Moltres: : Ground is probably a better tera type. Not much else to say.

:Gholdengo: : Good set overall, can't say much.

:Rillaboom: : Whenever I run :Rillaboom:, I always go for a jolly nature, because I like the little speed boost, but you do what your team needs to have.

So those are my suggestions for this team. Hopefully I helped!
Thank you for the suggestions! I will try most of them for sure! Ice Spinner Tusk will definitely be really nice. Thank you for recommending Tera types too, as I have yet to click Tera Grass on Iron Hands. Only one I am not sure about is running so many HP EVs on Iron Hands though. Because it has so much more base HP than Defense or Special Defense, investing in HP gives less value than investing in the defenses. I don’t think I will go Jolly Rillaboom, as the only thing max speed Rillaboom outspeeds in Gholdengo.

Last edited:
I’m happy to help

:sv/iron hands:
I don’t think Fake Out is necessary on this. You have priority with Rillaboom and CB Dnite. I suggest running Heavy Slam which OHKOs frailer Fairies and 2HKOs bulky ones like Clefable. I’d also make it so Hands outspeeds Corviknight and Clef by dumping 140 Attack EVs into Speed. Even without much investment, it still hits like a truck. I’d go Tera Fire helps patch up your Molt/Talon matchup, which also helps with Fairies.

:sv/great tusk:
Tusk doesn’t need any changes, but I’d switch Tera Ground for Tera Poison which gives you a potential Tspike absorber which your team lacks.

I’d change Dragon Claw to Low Kick. Dragon Claw is pretty weak, plus it lets you OHKO Gambit and even Garg after rocks.

This is fine.

Also fine, but if you want, you can change the speed EVs to 216 which outpaces Pult with Scarf and gives you a bit of extra dfse EVs.

Imo Rilla should always be outspeeding Raging Bolt and Gliscor. For that you need 180 Speed EVs.

Alternatively you can also change Dnite for :sv/slowking-galar: which improves your stall matchup and gives you a slow defensive pivot to bring in your offensive threats.

Even without it, this team doesn’t really struggle with Stall. Scarf Ghold can always cripple something on Stall with Trick, Hands does huge damage to everything, and Rilla’s Wood Hammer is scary for any Stalls lacking dual Grass resists.

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hey,

I would drop hands for kingambit personally as you struggle with stall

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Helps you have passive healing with terrain and can clean up with Tera dark especially if you force something else to tera to break dozo, as usual great end game cleaner, can OHKO roaring moon, utility tusk with fallen 5 +2 Tera dark. Hands just doesn’t feel good on the way you’re trying to build your team.

For dragonite i personally love CB Tera dragon as it breaks ALOT and EQ is still very good to have it they get rid of your terrain or you don’t have it anymore or go ice spinner.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Dragon
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake/ ice spinner
- Fire Punch

Outrage overall can force a Tera fairy and break stall as well without committing Tera, can go Tera normal, but the amount of teams I dropped because this set in high ladder or force a defensive Tera and helps vs garg, forces Tera ghold and I know you don’t want EQ cuz terrain but if you don’t have it up can be a option or ice spinner for tusk Orr gliscor or opposing dnites (I’ll make a suggestion in the end for something over dnite)

Personal set I’ve used a lot in high ladder as well got reqs twice using this set for rillaboom

Rillaboom @ Leftovers/ heavy duty boots/ life orb
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance
- High Horsepower
- Drain Punch/knock off

SD can can help you OHKO with sd gking and 2HKO raging bolt without a sd if they switch in if you SD it’s a ohko and a lot of people switch those two in, I have drsin punch for opposing kingambits, but knock off to remove items and dengo. Prefer speed overall so you naturally outspeed modest bolt and defensive gliscor who want to speed creep bolt, can go 251 speed n dump rest in hp.

If you’re gonna go dengo imo just go fat and give him a grassy seed.

Gholdengo @ Grassy Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

You hit 416 def and enough speed to outspeed jolly gambit, d gleam is great coverage overall and help vs threats like roaring moon, gambit, opposing Hawlucha if you fight vs terrain as well. It just lives all day and tanks hits, great end game cleaner if needed as well, just NP and recover for days, another Tera option can be water for iron moth.

For tusk I’d go drop close combat completely and go with ice spinner for gliscor as it forces them to Tera or take a hit to toxic you, especially since he’s your main way or hazard removal

Tera Type: steel
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner

Tera for resist fairy and if needed not to get poison by gliscor, everything else is fine with what you have.

Since I suggested three sets as breakers, kingambit, sd rilla, and NP dengo I would suggest glowking over dragonite if you choose my suggestions because it gives you a pivot, special wall, synergies well with moltres for any physical dark types trying to take the future sight and get a free wilo on something or u turn after.

Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 4 SpA / 196 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Toxic Spikes/ t wave/ toxic/ ice beam
- Chilly Reception

The defense evs allow you to get 3HKO by Zama crunch from iron press set and get off a future sight, Tera water vs sun and if needed, vs wellspring to sludge bomb, it the fourth move can be whatever you want since you have terrain support vs EQ, t spikes can pressure them to force a spin and with knock off progress can cripple boot spam, t wave for speed control, toxic vs a sweeper trying to set up, ice beam for gliscor. Also gives you a t spike absorber at the same time. Helps vs iron val and iron moth and if val is physical, you can fish for a burn with moltres. Really helps vs stall as well putting more pressure on them with future sight support.

Hope these suggestions help!

Last edited:
I’m happy to help

:sv/iron hands:
I don’t think Fake Out is necessary on this. You have priority with Rillaboom and CB Dnite. I suggest running Heavy Slam which OHKOs frailer Fairies and 2HKOs bulky ones like Clefable. I’d also make it so Hands outspeeds Corviknight and Clef by dumping 140 Attack EVs into Speed. Even without much investment, it still hits like a truck. I’d go Tera Fire helps patch up your Molt/Talon matchup, which also helps with Fairies.

:sv/great tusk:
Tusk doesn’t need any changes, but I’d switch Tera Ground for Tera Poison which gives you a potential Tspike absorber which your team lacks.

I’d change Dragon Claw to Low Kick. Dragon Claw is pretty weak, plus it lets you OHKO Gambit and even Garg after rocks.

This is fine.

Also fine, but if you want, you can change the speed EVs to 216 which outpaces Pult with Scarf and gives you a bit of extra dfse EVs.

Imo Rilla should always be outspeeding Raging Bolt and Gliscor. For that you need 180 Speed EVs.

Alternatively you can also change Dnite for :sv/slowking-galar: which improves your stall matchup and gives you a slow defensive pivot to bring in your offensive threats.

Even without it, this team doesn’t really struggle with Stall. Scarf Ghold can always cripple something on Stall with Trick, Hands does huge damage to everything, and Rilla’s Wood Hammer is scary for any Stalls lacking dual Grass resists.
Thank you so much for the suggestions! I really appreciate the help with finding better EVs! I just tested 1 battle with the team, and it flows so much nicer! Of course, I will test it some more, but still, thank you! Will keep Dragonite for know though. I just can't give up it beating +2 dragon dance Roaring Moon.

Hey,

I would drop hands for kingambit personally as you struggle with stall

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Helps you have passive healing with terrain and can clean up with Tera dark especially if you force something else to tera to break dozo, as usual great end game cleaner, can OHKO roaring moon, utility tusk with fallen 5 +2 Tera dark. Hands just doesn’t feel good on the way you’re trying to build your team.

For dragonite i personally love CB Tera dragon as it breaks ALOT and EQ is still very good to have it they get rid of your terrain or you don’t have it anymore or go ice spinner.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Dragon
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake/ ice spinner
- Fire Punch

Outrage overall can force a Tera fairy and break stall as well without committing Tera, can go Tera normal, but the amount of teams I dropped because this set in high ladder or force a defensive Tera and helps vs garg, forces Tera ghold and I know you don’t want EQ cuz terrain but if you don’t have it up can be a option or ice spinner for tusk Orr gliscor or opposing dnites (I’ll make a suggestion in the end for something over dnite)

Personal set I’ve used a lot in high ladder as well got reqs twice using this set for rillaboom

Rillaboom @ Leftovers/ heavy duty boots/ life orb
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance
- High Horsepower
- Drain Punch/knock off

SD can can help you OHKO with sd gking and 2HKO raging bolt without a sd if they switch in if you SD it’s a ohko and a lot of people switch those two in, I have drsin punch for opposing kingambits, but knock off to remove items and dengo. Prefer speed overall so you naturally outspeed modest bolt and defensive gliscor who want to speed creep bolt, can go 251 speed n dump rest in hp.

If you’re gonna go dengo imo just go fat and give him a grassy seed.

Gholdengo @ Grassy Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

You hit 416 def and enough speed to outspeed jolly gambit, d gleam is great coverage overall and help vs threats like roaring moon, gambit, opposing Hawlucha if you fight vs terrain as well. It just lives all day and tanks hits, great end game cleaner if needed as well, just NP and recover for days, another Tera option can be water for iron moth.

For tusk I’d go drop close combat completely and go with ice spinner for gliscor as it forces them to Tera or take a hit to toxic you, especially since he’s your main way or hazard removal

Tera Type: steel
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner

Tera for resist fairy and if needed not to get poison by gliscor, everything else is fine with what you have.

Since I suggested three sets as breakers, kingambit, sd rilla, and NP dengo I would suggest glowking over dragonite if you choose my suggestions because it gives you a pivot, special wall, synergies well with moltres for any physical dark types trying to take the future sight and get a free wilo on something or u turn after.

Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 4 SpA / 196 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Toxic Spikes/ t wave/ toxic/ ice beam
- Chilly Reception

The defense evs allow you to get 3HKO by Zama crunch from iron press set and get off a future site, Tera water vs sun and if needed, vs wellspring to sludge bomb, it the fourth move can be whatever you want since you have terrain support vs EQ, t spikes can pressure them to force a spin and with knock off progress can cripple boot spam, t wave for speed control, toxic vs a sweeper trying to set up, ice beam for gliscor. Also gives you a t spike absorber at the same time. Helps vs iron val and iron moth and if val is physical, you can fish for a burn with moltres. Really helps vs stall as well putting more pressure on them with future site support.

Hope these suggestions help!
Hi! Thank you for such unique and in-depth suggestions! Some of the sets you recommended could be really fun and interesting. I will be sure try them out once I have time. Though, I will likely make it into a separate version of my team, as you changed a lot. With an version of my team adjusted to your suggestions, would you recommend you choice band Dragonite set or Slowking-Galar? When would you recommend using which?

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
Hi! Thank you for such unique and in-depth suggestions! Some of the sets you recommended could be really fun and interesting. I will be sure try them out once I have time. Though, I will likely make it into a separate version of my team, as you changed a lot. With an version of my team adjusted to your suggestions, would you recommend you choice band Dragonite set or Slowking-Galar? When would you recommend using which?
Glowking personally, if you wanna take all my changes and make a second team you can do that and see how it does. Testing always helps, but if you wanna keep banded outrage is a great option that forces a fairy Tera and you can keep Tera normal for extra damage, but Tera dragon deletes a lot

Glowking personally, if you wanna take all my changes and make a second team you can do that and see how it does. Testing always helps, but if you wanna keep banded outrage is a great option that forces a fairy Tera and you can keep Tera normal for extra damage, but Tera dragon deletes a lot
Btw, for the changes you suggested, how would you recommend dealing with strong special attackers? Cause Iron Hands would have been my usual switch in. Do I just beat the offensively?

Last edited:

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
Btw, for the changes you suggested, how would you recommend dealing with strong special attackers?
Glowking is usually the guy for it, just go max sp def n hp sassy with no speed investment, dengo might be most annoying but you can run sp def molt since it’s natural typing is good vs make it rain n can stomach s shadow ball better, most ppl go more sp def over def since you can switch in on mons going for physical moves n threaten to flame body or wilo them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)