SV OU [Peak 1500] Triple AV Bulk Spam with Wish Support

Team:
https://pokepast.es/03f6c7851a8ab10b

:sv/iron-hands: :sv/primarina: :sv/rillaboom: :sv/Alomomola: :sv/Enamorus: :sv/Corviknight:

Introduction:
So basically, this is the first real team I have created ground-up by myself. I've peaked about 1600 on the ladder a few times with sample teams, but this is the first team I have built myself. The basis for this team is "what would happen if I took many powerful bulky mons with assault vest and throw in some wish support?".

Team Building:
This team is built with the idea that every powerful threat from the enemy, has a bulky check on my team. The resulting team plays quite frankly like stall, switching into the enemy's threats with your own checks. Then Alomomola is used to heal back up your bulky checks. With my team being so slow, Scarf Enamorus is the perfect choice to be able to come in and claim kos. Finally, Corviknight is used as another physical wall, hazard removal, and a liscor check which my team does struggle with.

Team Breakdown:
:sv/iron-hands:

I genuinely don't understand how this mon is UUBL. Ironhands is just so bulky and good at doing almost everything. The evs outspeed a kingambit with no investment. With assault vest, this guy is a beast. He takes neutral hits extremely well. This is my go-to switch-in for most special and physical threats. Iron hands has the job of taking down kingambit, gholdengo, kyurem, raging bolt, and the occasional fringe ttar. Volt switch allows you to keep up tempo and terra electrical guarantees kos on mons like primarina.

:sv/primarina:

Primarina is my second blanket check. She is used to soak up attacks from fairy types that iron hands can't handle. In addition, Primarina has decent speeds and hit just as hard as iron hands. Basically she's like a flex-check that deals with everything that iron hands cant. Mons suck as Enamorus, dragapult, Iron Valiant, and the ever oni-present walking wake on sun teams. In addition, she can switch into great tusk, albiet headlong rush will do a lot of dmg. Like iron hands, she has flip turn to keep up the momentum and unlike iron hands, the flip turn cant be blocked by a ground type.

:sv/rillaboom:
Look at my team, and notice how little dmg that it really has. Rillaboom fills the role of a bulky wall breaker. Even without choice band, wood hammer and knock of make will progress in the mid game. In addition, you have a really nice win-con grassy glide if the opponents mons have been chipped down enough. The assault vest allows it to switch into most special type attacks with ease. U turn allows you to maintain the pace of the game and to gain montemum on the switch in. Tera grass can be use to amplify dmg.

:sv/Alomomola:
The star of this team. The whole 4-mon core is built around Alomomola's insane bulk and wish support. Thats pretty much the only job that alomomola has. Its purpose is to come in on physical attacks, scald, wish and flip turn out. Shoutout to pinkacross(i think) for da terra flying acrobatics set deal with waterpon. You can also fish for scald burns on mons like roaring moon, but be careful as you are not strong enough to force him out. However, red card is able to negate this as you can scald burn them, and then phase them out.

:sv/Enamorus:
Pretty much my team's only offensive mon. Enamorus is used to make progress on squishy targets like dragapult. After softening up the opponent with your bulky walls, Enamorus can come in and start blasting with moonblast. Scarf is used to outspeed dragapult. Earthpower is good coverage for glowking, kingambit, and gholdengo. Finnaly, you have healing wish, which is normally used on ironhands or rillaboom. Often times, you can sack a burn on them to take out a key mon, and then cure the burn with Enamorus.

:sv/Corviknight:
Corviknight is my team's hazard removal and second physical wall. Defog is extremely useful as none of my mons have boots. The strange looking set is used to beat gliscor, which my team really struggles with. You can switch in on gliscor, lando, and other mons and start pressing iron defense. In addition, corv is a great late game sweeper, if the enemy doesn't have anymore special threats.

Threats and Problems:
My team is extremely weak into the common gliscor-gholdengo core. Corviknight while to deal with gliscor, allows gholdengo to switch in for free. Without u-turn I have no way of punishing switch ins.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
You have a pretty fun team here and one that is definitely not standard.
I think Corviknight is your weak link. You say he is on the team as a second physical check and for hazard removal, yet it struggles to remove hazards and loses hard to Gliscor, one of the things it might want to check physically as well as one of the most common hazard setters. You also don't have any hazards of your own, which might help when using pokemon like Iron Hands that tend to be a bit weak.

I have a couple options to help
:sv/Hatterene:
Hatterene @ Eject Button
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Tera Type: Steel
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nuzzle

Hatterene is here to cause havoc and deter hazards! If you pick this set, the main strategy would be to counter lead someone elses hazard lead with something that can threaten or pivot on it, then switch to hatterene to bounce hazards or get the eject button into your other threats. Healing wish is there to double up on the second chances. Can also change the set to a more standard draining kiss variant if you like.

:sv/Cinderace:
Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Tera Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Court Change

This is something they will never see coming and that's why it's good. Bulky Cinderace is a great counter to hazard stacking as you can simply court change them back to the other side. Pyro ball threatens Gholdengo a lot and is also just a very strong move in general. He's also not too bad into physical threats as you can hit them with a fast will-o-wisp. Finally Tera Blast Ice is that hidden tech move that can hit gliscors thinking they can stay in to tank a pyro ball or maybe hit you with an earthquake on your court change.

Nuclear Option: Trick Room
Your team looks a lot like a trick room type team, with a lot of slow strong pokemon. If you would like to explore this option, try cresselia instead of Enamorus, and Hatterene with Trick Room over Corviknight. Then adjust your evs and consider adding stronger items to your attackers as you will be moving first.
:sv/Cresselia:
Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Lunar Dance
- Trick Room
- Moonblast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)