[Peaked 1] sandstreaaaaaaam

⌠Team Suna-Gakure⌡ ⌠#1⌡

⌠Nothing breaks Gaara's wall and beats the one tailed Jinchuuriki⌡

█ ⌠Introduction⌡ █ ⌠Team Building Process⌡ █ ⌠Team At a Glance⌡ █ ⌠Team and Strategies⌡ █ ⌠Threatlist⌡ █ ⌠Importable⌡ █ ⌠Conclusion⌡ █

⌠Introduction⌡

⌠H⌡ello. Well, most of you do not know me, I just want to introduce myself. I
started 6 years ago with Pokemon, as a noob like most of you. I started playing Netbattle with 386 OU and ended as one of the top from the German community (wayne?).
When Gen IV came out I stopped with Pokemon, it wasn't the same anymore and it was getting boring for me.

I started with Gen V after release. Phew, I was hooked. I knew at the beginning
of course nothing about the new traits or the Pokemon itself, it took some time for my
level to rise. Now I can say I'm concerned that I have become good, at least in
Dream World. I understand the metagame now. It was honestly easier than I
thought it would be. Finally, I've managed to build a team at the Smogon Server that Peaked #1. It was always my target getting first on the ladderboard, and I finally was successfull. After matching around I noticed that Heavy Offense was the best variant to get sucess for me. And this is where my story starts...

Enjoy!

⌠Team Building Process⌡
⌠M⌡y first thought at the Team Building Process was like "oh my god", how should I build a Team which covers the entire threatlist. After much tinkering, it did not work as expected. So I thought about it. Why should I cover every Pokemon, just simply get the strongest attacks in the Metagame, like Draco Meteor, Outrage, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump and strike back with more Power and Speed. Sounds stupid, but the theory was clearly more effective than it sounds. I knew this can not end in stall when I have decided to take quick and powerful Pokemon in the Team. So I have something thrown together. And there starts my Team Bulding Process

Rotom was the first Pokemon I have taken. Because it takes so many things thanks to the genius type, it has acceptable speed and attack values and is perfect to start against weather.

Well I think I don't have to explain anything. Latios can take especially in Dream World more hits than Latias does in OU and is fast and very strong with Sou Dew. In my opinion this guy has the most powerful and dangerous STAB in the whole Metagame, Draco Meteor!

I needed a strong and rapid physical Teammember, and since Garchomp was banned Haxorus was my first idea to take in. It has huge a huge attack, Outrage and is acceptably fast.

Well, Magnezone isn't a surprise. While using two dragon types and getting blocked sweeping by Jirachi and Ferrothorn really sucks, so this got into my Team. It should remove steel types to open the door for Draco Meteor and Outrage.

I didn't feel like needing this guy, But I always wanted to test him, thank god I put him in. Very nice cleaner, Shadowb Ball STAB just rocks and his movepool is good. With a little prediction of using Focus Blast is this the only Ghost typing in the Game who can OHKO Tyranitar.

My phisical wall. I know it should be Heavy Offense but chill, this is the only stall in the Team. I preferred this bird over Gliscor because it has in my opinion the better stats and can take more attacks.

⌠So this was my Pre-Team.. It didn't work that great so I made some changes⌡

I took this candy over Gengar with a broken heart. But it was needed. Jirachi was completly annoying and crippled my whole Team with Body Slam, the problem to Gengar was he couldn't take much Iron Heads which Chandelure can take because of it's Fire Typing, well Ground Resist.

Magnezone sucked. It didn't fit it's job well and got beaten in the wheater by steels!! That sucked so I added Tyranitar because Latios made problems and I generally was weak to Drizzle Teams. Chandelure was also here for trapping those steels.

Who would've thought it? Excadrill, because it's the fastest Pokemon of the game in Sandstorm and is allowed to use all attacks because it isn't banded. It also gets Thunder+Psychic Jirachi which can't be handled that good by Chandelure.

⌠This was nice. But I always got beaten because I had nothing against Excadrill⌡

I had to take Conkeldurr over Skarmory, because the rest of the Team was simply too good together and Skarmory slowed down my game somehow. I would have never thought that Conkeldurr fits the job so good. It prevents me from Excadrill Sweeps so I keep him alive until the oponents Excadrill dies.

⌠As you see, there have been a lot of changes. But from now on it worked perfectly⌡

⌠Team At a Glance⌡

█ ⌠Rotom-W⌡ █ █ ⌠Latios⌡ █ █ ⌠Excadrill⌡ █ █ ⌠Tyranitar⌡ █ █ ⌠Chandelure⌡ █ █ ⌠Conkeldurr⌡ █

⌠Team and Strategies⌡

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf⌡
⌠Trait: Levitate⌡
⌠EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd⌡
⌠Modest Nature +SAtk, -Atk⌡
⌠Thunderbolt⌡
⌠Hydro Pump⌡
⌠Volt Switch⌡
⌠Hidden Power Ice⌡

Role: I use Rotom-W as a Choice Scarfer, with standard EVs and Modest Nature, I don't see the reason why I should rely on Timid. By Black and White every Rotom form got the dualtype of their own "Special Attack" - and I think Rotom-W has received the biggest boost. With so many resistenzes and the genius trait levitate to take common used Earthquakes it's a must for my Team. It's the perfect Switch-In to most Drizzle Teammembers. With the good defensive values and good STABS it is the death of most DrizzleTeams. Volt Switch is simply perfect against Drizzle, because it inflicts much damage and I also get the chance to switch to the right Pokémon. I usually start with Rotom-W, when I see a Politoed + Ferrothorn combination, I use Volt Switch and he gets the attack with Ferrothorn - which gets trapped by Chandelure or beaten by Tyranitars Superpower. This step often makes the perfect start for Latios, who breaks the biggest part of my oponents team and opens the door for a lategame Excadrill sweep.

Latios @ Soul Dew⌡
⌠Trait: Levitate⌡
⌠EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd⌡
⌠Timid Nature +Spd, -Atk⌡
⌠Draco Meteor⌡
⌠Hidden Power Fire⌡
⌠Surf⌡
⌠Dragon Pulse⌡

Role: Before saying Latios is cheap with Soul Dew. I used him until Peak 7 with Choice Specs, until Namexx told me it's not banned with Soul Dew. I don't have to tell about the EVs, they're standard. I'm considering to take somewhere Recover, because Gliscor can be a threat when Rotom-W already died. Latios itself is in my opinion Uber in Dream World, it can be defeated, I know but it's able to switch in most attacks and hurt very much with Draco Meteor. It's just broken to use Tyranitar because of this.

Excadrill @ Life Orb⌡
⌠Trait: Sand Rush⌡
⌠EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd⌡
⌠Adamant Nature +Atk, -SAtk⌡
⌠Earthquake⌡
⌠Rock Slide⌡
⌠X-Scissor⌡
⌠Swords Dance⌡

Role: Excadrill is Excadrill. I prefered Life Orb over Air Balloon, because it really never ever helped me in a single battle. I like this guy, it's with Latios the only Pokemon of my Team with Freedom to use every attack and not beeing stuck with one. The Moveset is clear for everyone I guess. Adamant is because I don't need Jolly for other Excadrills because I have conkeldurr. This guy really helped me a lot and is a good finisher. I also use him to beat +2 Dragon Dancers, well most of times I get them with this guy. It's also the perfect switch in for Thunder + Psychic/Iron Head Jirachi. Well enough said I think.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band⌡
⌠Trait: Sand Stream⌡
⌠EVs: 252 Atk / 136 SDef / 120 Spd⌡
⌠Stone Edge⌡
⌠Superpower⌡
⌠Crunch⌡
⌠Pursuit⌡

Role: Choice Band Tyranitar is just a beast. It OHKOS Ferrothorns, gets Chansey down, beats Genesect. I play him with max Atk and some speed, to outspeed some Politoeds and Skarmorys. 136 SDef EVs are given to be bulky and take at least some Surfs of bulky Politoeds. This is really the key of my Team and it breaks through de defensive part of my oponent.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf⌡
⌠Trait: Shadow Tag⌡
⌠EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP⌡
⌠Timid Nature +Spd, -Atk⌡
⌠Shadow Ball⌡
⌠Flamethrower⌡
⌠Energy Ball⌡
⌠Hidden Power Ice⌡

Role: Same as Latios, I used Chandelure with Flash Fire until Peak 7 then I switched the trait to Shadow Tag. Chandelure is really a great Pokémon, not because of the speed or satk, it also has great typings. It revenges most Pokémon of my oponent like Gliscor, Ferrothorn and +1 Dragon Dancers. I also like the Fightning resist this candy gives me. It turned in many battles to my MVP.

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band⌡
⌠Trait: Iron Fist⌡
⌠EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 232 SDef / 20 Spd⌡
⌠Mach Punch⌡
⌠Superpower⌡
⌠Payback⌡
⌠Earthquake⌡

Role: Like I said. Conkeldurr joined my Team to beat Excadrill. I prefered him over Breloom because its very bulky and blocks Toxicroak. He also takes hits from Genesect - and that's why I gave him "max" SDef, to take more special hits from the annoying bug. Iron Fist is just a great Trait. It OHKOS Tyranitar, does about 60-70% to Ferrothorn, 2 OHKOS Genesect and gets Specstoed with 2 hits down. I could write a book about this special Pokemon.

⌠Threatlist⌡

Volcarena: Takes always one of my Members down, I usually look to have the Sandstorm up and beat it with Excadrill.

Kyurem: It is annoying, because I can't Pursuit it with Tyranitar and every Team Member gets at least 2 OHKOT by Draco Meteor, so I have to trap it with Chandelure, after a SAtk drop from Draco Meteor

Dragonite: Well, half of my Team is stuck because of Choice Scarf / Band, so this guy always gets a freeturn to Dragon Dance, I always switch to Tyranitar to set up Sandstorm and attack with Stone Edge, they sometimes don't use Brick Break and I OHKO with Stone Edge, or I finish it with Excadrill + Scarfer. The most important thing is to do not let this guy Dance twice. Same goes with Salamence.

Oh and another "threat" is, I have no Stealth Rocks!

⌠Importable⌡

Feel free to copy this Team and do some changes.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 SDef / 120 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Conkeldurr (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 232 SDef / 20 Spd
- Mach Punch
- Superpower
- Payback
- Earthquake

⌠Conclusion⌡

I want to thank you for reading my post. I hope you enjoyed it. Maybe this Team gives Sandstorm a hype in Dream World, where the biggest part uses Rain.

I also want to apologize, because my english is not perfect, all I can was learned at school. There would have been more descriptions, but I can't find the words. So sorry!

Anyways, this has it been from my side.

Credits go specially to:

]V[ajinTupacZ (knowing him for 3409340 years :P)
Namexx
Team Amon Amarth

Why? Because they are my only friends I have here :P

Hello, never really got a chance to play you (I don't believe) but nice to see another top DW person here :)

I think you should put Recover over Dragon Pulse on Latios if you think you want Recover, because it is taking a lot of passive damage from SR + SS + resisted attacks. Dragon Pulse can't OHKO other Latios and Latias, who will OHKO back with DM, and also doesn't land a KO on Dragonite with its Multiscale intact.

I hate Conkeldurr. Really. It always seems to avoid Draco Meteors and Hydro Pumps from Lati@s / Toed and when I put it to sleep it always gets 1 turn sleeps. :P

But anyway, that's not the point, I'm liking that set and I think I'll try CB Iron Fist Conkeldurr sometime. However, I think Drain Punch / Hammer Arm is better than Superpower; Drain Punch gets boosted to 90 BP and heals Conk, which is nice when it has to absorb Genesect's attacks. Hammer Arm also gets the Iron Fist boost, giving it the same BP as Superpower, and also means that if necessary you can use it twice in a row without a power/defense drop. What are the 20 Spe EVs for, by the way?

Lastly, I like the combo of Rotom and Chandelure to take down Ferrothorn. :)

You have 4 Choiced pokemons? isn't that a bit too much?
Also, isn't Soul Dew banned?
Soul Dew is'nt banned in Smogon DW.

Now, compared to you Mervins, I'm a complete nub, and I have nothing to say. To me your team looks near perfect. The only thing I have to say is that your presentation is really impressive, good job!

Great job getting to number one that's hard but rotom you might want leftovers or bulky gyrados
Hella no. ScarfRotom is monstrously good lead, especially with Volt swich to scout.
But iron fist Conkeldurr??? mehh... I'm sorry, but FO or TO will be a little more useful, as any ghost will wall your ass with just a little decent prediction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)