People. You cant even ride the bus anymore.

That's fucked. That's completely fucked. The article didn't even suggest a reason for why a guy was randomly stabbed and beheaded. Holy shit.

well they think he's a robot, so there was probably some sort of malfunction in his programming. But seriously scary, like something from a movie or something. good thing I'll be riding the bus for the next 4 or so years of my life at uni next year!

Nardd, I don't approve of you or your post. Robots? No.

Honestly, they say that the people who witnessed the head dangling will need years of therapy.

--This message brought to you by explosions! The coolest way of being dead other than decapitation--

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm still riding the bus. The truth is I still have a greater chance of dying in a crash than to something like this.

agreeing somewhat with obi. Just because one person was brutally attcked on a bus doesn't mean busses are unsafe places. I'm sure plenty of people have drowned in baths, but that doesn't stop anybody from having them.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
you may be less likely to die on a bus but you are much more likely to see someone get their head hacked off with a knife for no apparent reason

If I stopped doing anything that was potentially hazardous.. well, the only option would be to lie in bed all day.. but even then I'd probably be at risk of thrombosis.

I'm surprised no one had Mace / some blunt object to throw at the guy.
Trapping him on the bus is a good idea, especially when the victim is already dead. :(
Our world is pretty screwed up.

That's made me think twice about getting the bus to work every morning.

All I can say is thank god that the maniac who did this will be serving either 25-life or the death penalty.

Why the hell does it make you think twice about getting the bus to work? If this was commonplace, then yeah sure, but it's not; which it why it's news.

Wow, I don't know why anyone'd just flip out and decapitate someone like that...I would think he's got some sort of mental illness, but of course, I've not the information nor the expertise to diagnose that.

Still, it wouldn't make me afraid to ride the bus. Like others have said, stuff like that doesn't happen every day, it's just a freak occurrence.

Of course, I don't ride the bus to begin with because my city's public transportation system sucks shit, but...

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This wouldn't discourage me from riding the bus. I hear stuff about knife attacks all the time even, but the truth is we're no more at danger than say 50 years ago. It's just that nowadays more violent crimes make the news, giving the illusion that this shit is happening more. It's not. Besides, what's the alternative? Cars are even more dangerous, and if you find such nutters on the buses you'll find them on the streets.

It pisses me off that people get more scared of these stories than they should be, and in the process breeding a culture of fear. It's because of that parents are too damn scared to let them walk to school by themselves or even letting them out the house alone even though they're at about as much risk as 50 years ago. The 'I don't want to go on buses anymore!' reactions in this thread are an example of how easily people are frightened nowadays.

Nardd, I don't approve of you or your post. Robots? No.
Sorry, I guess that was a little heartless. (attempted) humor tends to be my way of dealing with negative stuff but I guess I took it a little too far. My apologies to you, Mormoopid, and anyone else I offended.

any more news on the psychology behind the killer's attack? It just seems so spontaneous it's scary.

Reading this article just made me sick, it's so disturbing that something like this would happen. I can't believe it.

I'd like to know why the man got back on the bus with the killer to see if the victim was still alive.

That's made me think twice about getting the bus to work every morning.

All I can say is thank god that the maniac who did this will be serving either 25-life or the death penalty.
That might not even happen. There's always the insanity plea.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
That might not even happen. There's always the insanity plea.
Lol, that doesn't exactly set you free back into the community. That guy will likely never have another second of his life that isn't overseen by an institution.

Yeah, "well okay, it's not your fault you go on murderous rampages, I guess you're free to go"

I don't see why anyone would be aprehensive about riding the bus after this. It's not as if you would sleep outside for fear of the roof collapsing on you in your sleep.

But that would be totally mind-warping to the people who witnessed it. They would definitely need therapy after seeing that.

Its not so much scary to me as it is crazy, the odds of this happening again? Its not likely that security will get upped over somethin like this though, its no crisis, its just really freaky.

They still havent come out with anything saying WHO he is...

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's fucked. That's completely fucked. The article didn't even suggest a reason for why a guy was randomly stabbed and beheaded. Holy shit.
He didn't have a reason. The guy he killed (22) had never even spoken to him and was asleep with headphones. They did not interact at all. The guy just started stabbing him methodically. No anger, no rage. Apparently someone tried to go help but the killer turned around with the knife so he just got down and got everyone to leave the bus.

There's really nothing to do. Back seat of a Greyhound bus? There's only two ways to get at the guy: from the seat in front or the aisle. The aisle's gonna fit like one person or maybe two and the killer has a knife. The seat? Yeah, good luck with that positioning against a knife-wielding maniac.

I think the guy was dead by the time they locked the killer in. He then beheaded the victim and ate some of his flesh =/

Freaky thing is I was on the opposite route they were on last year.

Wow, people are weird. Just weird. I wonder if the killer actually did anything to make it so that they have not released his name yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)