SV RU Period (Bulky offense team, currently #9 on ladder)

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:sv/Mew: :sv/Mudsdale: :sv/Decidueye-hisui: :sv/Gardevoir: :sv/Rotom-heat: :sv/Bisharp:

[Introduction]
So, i've been around since 2017 when I first joined playing some few tours, got into competitive after I really enjoyed SM LC, and mained LC until part of 2020, which I played OU and some others as well, got into a hiatus on most of the end of that year with a lot of DLC changes + got tired of mons overall, and got back into playing on part of 2021 with SS RU, where I made very far into a seasonal, and mained RU ever since, winning some things along the one and finding on of the most welcoming communities on site :psyglad: .

[The Team Structure]
:mew:
:sv/Mew:
Father (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

So, to start off the team, I wanted to use this very broken set that you are seeing right now, Mew's so bulky that it can Nasty Plot once and start breaking up teams, Psyshock + Draining kiss hit most things for at least neutral damage, while recovering your health on the process, thus why the Tera fairy alongside it, I chose Flamethrower mostly because I feel like hitting steels harder than aura sphere is more valuable, and most targets for aura are already picked off by the first two, the bulk spread is not for anything in specific but I felt like a bit more of bulk over 252/252 spreads would be cool for it.

:mew: :mudsdale:
:sv/Mudsdale:
Sloth (Mudsdale) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Body Press
- Roar

To continue off, I wanted a hazard setter which would help me some of the newer threats if necessary, and I also needed a Volt switch immune mon as well, so I thought about possibly Krookodile, but I didn't work very well, the next one in line was Mudsdale, which ended up pairing perfectly with team, providing hazard control(and block if you tera), phasing for the setup spam the tier is going right now, and a bulkier mon to couple with team, I chose body press over slam, stone edge or others due to it being more useful currently, I tested all the mentioned ones but body press did it best.

:mew: :mudsdale: :decidueye-hisui:
:sv/Decidueye-Hisui:
Edward Elric (Decidueye-Hisui) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Scrappy
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Triple Arrows
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
Following with the addition of hazard setter, I felt the next best step would be having, and Decidueye-Hisui was one mon I want to test around, with its silly new move and Defog, I can tell you this thing is probably the best hazard control option right now, because this thing is so good, providing both hazard control, useful resistances, and pivoting, this thing has been one of the stars of this team.

:mew: :mudsdale: :decidueye-hisui: :gardevoir:
:sv/Gardevoir:
Lust (Gardevoir) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
- Trick

Following up, the team was a bit Slow'ish, so I decided to pick a Speed control option, Gardevoir was the first that came into my mind due to it's past on the tier, while it also fits perfectly as a partner for Mew, by chipping each other answers, I got Knock off as the other move of choice due to it being able to knock off some of its answers, while providing utility to the rest of team as well.

:mew: :mudsdale: :decidueye-hisui: :gardevoir: :rotom-heat:
:sv/Rotom-heat:
Gluttony (Rotom-Heat) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

For the 5th slot I felt like having another mon for a Volt-turn combo was necessary, but Kilowattrel was too frail to fit the bill, so I rolled over to Rotom-Heat, this time I got Dark Pulse with tera dark for a reason, a LOT of psychic types dropped, and I wanted to test out if it would work or it was just crazy theorymon of mine, and it actually did(!!!), it was very clutch when I needed to check some of the psychic types while needing to spread burns or just pivot out, and that leaves us with only one mon remaining:

:mew: :mudsdale: :decidueye-hisui: :gardevoir: :rotom-heat: :Bisharp:
:sv/Gyarados: >> :sv/Bisharp:
Greed (Bisharp) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
To be fair, the first time I tested the team, it had Gyarados over Bisharp, but something Beraldo told me was the the Gyarados was pretty much left out there, and that I needed a Steel type + some form of punishing faster things, which to my conclusion left me with 2 possibilities: Revavroom or Bisharp, I ended up choosing the later since it could provide some useful wincon for lategame scenarios, was pretty bulky with Eviolite and is also a very good tera user, Speed is for Adamant Ttar's.

[Threatlist]

:kilowattrel: :thundurus:

Putting both together since they can provide some problems with Volt switch pivoting and coverage moves, you can punish both with Rotom(if not tera water) or Gardevoir, while muds can damage them a bit or force them out in a pinch, and Bish can finish with sucker.

:iron-jugulis: :gyarados:
Different roles but both present problems due to hard hitting moves, Gyarados after a DD can be pretty scary to face, Muds can tera to try to force it out, while Bisharp can tera to try to break it, Rotom can burn a +0 and Mew can survive a +1 on a pinch if necessary. On other hand, Jugulis can pivot out or just spam Hurricane and be annoying on a long term, punishing it with Gardevoir, Bisharp and Rotom are the best ways of dealing with it, while muds can roar out on some sets.

:gardevoir: :iron-leaves:
Gardevoir in specific is the more annoying thing since it can be as annoying as my own gardevoir, Everything bar Decidueye can live a hit, but on a long term, this thing can be REALLY annoying to deal. On the trend of psychic types, Leaves with Booster on speed can be the single hand most annoying mon for the team, principally on Psychic terrain, best way to deal with it is roaring it before SD if it comes on muds, flame if Mew's in, Sucker with Bisharp if no terrain, or just lure with Tera Dark Rotom.

[Ladder Rating]
1691102569487.png

1691102642977.png

[Shoutouts]
Mostly shouting out some friends and really nice people I found on the way for my first RMT :psyglad:
Ata gang: LpZ Beraldo Thiago Nunes toinha Sahki PedroGreg Shoot Fuladono Yay TDNT siras + rest which I forgot smogons names
jcbc beccie :blobnom:

Fireside Gang: theres a lot of people so not gonna ping all of you, but love y'all :blobnom:
Both Slush rushers: principally MrAldo for being a incredible manager
RU community peeps: also a lot of people who I consider friends, love y'all :blobnom:
Theres a plenty of people who I didnt mention but can feel shouted out, those are the ones who came directly into mind
also shoutout for fullmetal for being goatest anime :worrywhirl:

And that's it, see you all on the next one.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)