ORAS Ubers Permanent Ubers team

Ubers has always been the tier I've played in the most, usually because it's pretty easy to identify all the threats and build teams around what most people tend to use. This team doesn't have any particular purpose - it mostly checks overrated shit that I tend to dislike. But, it does have a nice mix of offense, defense and stall for all walks of play.

I posted an RMT similar to this one before but that was when I getting into competitive again. This is my permanent Ubers team and I'd appreciate any suggestions. Hit me with anything you've got.

Manda (Rayquaza) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Dance
- Surf
- Extreme Speed

Despite its Mega Evolution being banned even from Ubers (while for some reason bastards like Mega Diancie are allowed to run amok) Rayquaza still remains as my premier offensive sweeper and revenge killer. With a delicious Lum Berry for a snack it makes for a great anti-lead with the invaluable ability to check Primal Groudon, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-S, Blaziken and Darkrai straight off the bat. A total of 180 base damage in the form of Dragon Ascent is nothing to overlook either - for it could be a guaranteed win condition if the celestial being has danced twice.

Dragon Ascent hits all but a handful of things very hard with a total of 180 base damage after STAB. Dragon Dance supplements this and Rayquaza's above-average speed, turning it into the lovable win condition it has been known for so long. Surf OHKOs most variants of Primal Groudon, with Air Lock voiding its Water immunity and disabling the effects of the sun, making it nothing more than a nice part of scenery. Extreme Speed is an invaluable revenge-killing tool and anti-lead against Deoxys-A, especially those that were foolish enough to not put a Focus Sash on it.

252 in Attack and Speed fulfills Ray's role as a Dragon Dance sweeper. 4 SpA gives him a better chance at nailing Primal Groudon in one shot by targeting his weaker Special Defense, as well as having decent coverage against the rare Landorus-T. I felt I could live with a Naive nature as any special hit Rayquaza takes is either an Ice Beam or a Moonblast, both of which OHKO anyway so it never really mattered. A Lum Berry grants Ray a free Dragon Dance in the face of a Thunder Waver or Darkrai, though in the latter's case I go straight for Dragon Ascent since over half of them carry a Focus Sash.

Gamera (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up
- Rock Polish

I feel very proud that one of my favourite legendaries of all time is currently the most versatile and prepared-for Pokemon in the tier. It's quite interesting how a lot of people have so many problems with this Pokemon - even going as far as to reserving a team slot for Golduck of all things. While most Primal Groudon have supporting roles, mine takes the coveted role of fast, bulky sweeper. If Ray can't do it, PDon can.

Fire Punch achieves a total of 168.75 base damage under STAB 'n Sun, hitting what EQ can't with an amazing amount of power. Earthquake is better than Precipice Blades as 150 base power with 100% accuracy is plenty for a setup sweeper. Bulk Up supplements both moves while hardening PDon into an almost unbreakable physical tank. Rock Polish allows him to jet around almost everything after a single boost.

148 Defence with an Impish nature is enough for PDon to tank what it needs to before it Bulks Up. A 108 Speed investment allows it to speed-creep opposing Primal Groudon and other Pokemon in the same speed tier.

SpaceGodzilla (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Palkia is a fantastic special Pokemon with a whole arsenal of special moves to tool around with. Its typing is superb defensively as it has always been the go-to answer to Kyogre, and its Primal Reversion is no different. With a Choice Scarf wrapped around its neck, it can come in on a variety of threats by outspeeding them and hitting them with the appropriate coverage move.

Spacial Rend is a better signature move than Draco Meteor as the latter fails to OHKO Primal Groudon if Ray hasn't done so already. It's also slightly more accurate and isn't really much different. Thunder is Palkia's weapon against Primal Kyogre, taking advantage of his heavy rain and often coming out on top in Thunder-duels. Ice Beam OHKO's unboosted Mega Salamence and the rarer Gliscor and Landorus-T. Fire Blast roasts Genesect and the occasional Ferrothorn.

As there isn't much else other than water-type attacks for Palkia to wall specially, not much investment is needed in Special Defense, so I spent the EV's on Defense to contrast with my Ho-Oh. Maximum Special Attack with a Modest nature is vital on the scarf variant.

Gyaos (Yveltal) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 144 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

I've never really liked any Kalos Pokemon, but Yvetal is one exception which has proven to be an excellent fit onto an offensive team. I needed something to handle Eshitter Arceus, and thankfully it resembles a kaiju so I can use it on this kaiju-themed team (Yep, that's how I pick my bros. Bite me) I found that another scarf is incredibly useful on Yveltal as it usually comes in to do one job at a time.

Foul Play turns Eshitter's Swords Dance against it and OHKO's after Life Orb recoil. Sucker Punch OHKO's the faster Mega Mewtwo Y and can also be used as a general revenge-killing tool. Knock Off can punish things that switch in on Yveltal such as GeoXern or an opposing Yveltal that relies on its item to thrive. U-turn provides him and the team momentum in the event of a switch in or drive-by KO.

Moderate HP investment is enough for a base of 126 in conjunction with 252 in Impish Defence. This allows it to survive Eshitter's Extreme Speed and in some rare cases Mega Salamence's Aerialite-boosted attacks. 4 Atk provides Foul Play with a little more energy, and 108 Speed works nicely with the Choice Scarf.

Giant Claw (Ho-Oh) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Recover
- Sleep Talk

No Pokemon has ever stolen the MVP spot more than Ho-Oh has. It checks the Fagstag. It eats Lati@s Draco Meteor's and shrugs off the damage. It punishes Darkrai for putting it to sleep. It has the potent staying power to last quite a long time on the battlefield which is what makes it the massive force it always has been.

Sacred Fire is one of the best signature moves ever, hitting GeoXern hard and punishing physical attackers that try to switch in on Ho-Oh with a 50% chance to burn. Brave Bird is a more reckless alternative, OHKOing Mega Metwo X and hitting Lati@s very hard. Recover means Ho-Oh can rest in front of Stone Edge lacking Primal Groudon without being susceptible to EQ or PB, but aside from that I never really saw a difference. Sleep Talk allows Ho-Oh to take on Darkrai and in some cases Smeargle.

This is the only spread which I've copied from the Smogon dex, enough to do what it needs to do. Check Xerneas, check Genesect / Scizor, and stomach meteors from Lati@s. Pretty straight forward.

Rodan (Aerodactyl-Mega) (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Ice Fang
- Taunt
- Defog
- Toxic

As I kept playing with my team, I kept having problems with two very potent win-condition Pokemon - Lugia and Mega Salamence. Finding a Pokemon that I liked which could check and soft-check both respectively and utilize entry-hazard removal was quite difficult at first, until I found Mega Aerodactyl to be the most reliable support-mon around. Its blistering Speed allows it to move first on many occasions even with little to no investment. And while it does lack the bulk needed for general viability in Ubers, its Rock / Flying typing grants it a resistance to Eshitter Arceus and Mega Salamence's Aeriliate-boosted Returns.

Ice Fang tears Mega Salamence apart when backed by Tough Claws and a 130-base Attack. It can also be used to chomp down on Lugia after it has been badly poisoned. Taunt prevents certain threats from setting up, particulary Geomancy and Defensive Xerneas and preventing Primal Groudon from setting up rocks. Defog removes screens and said rocks from play, vital for supporting my own setup sweepers and Ho-Oh respectively. As an added bonus it also lowers Evasion which ensures Toxic always lands. Speaking of Toxic, it is the definitive answer to Lugia and stallfags alike.

Fully-invested physical bulk with an Impish nature is the bare minimum when dealing with Mega Salamence. 4 EV investment into Attack is remedied by Tough Claws - Mega Aerodactyl is not needed to check any other threat with force. Its naturally-high speed is enough to move before Primal Groudon, Geomancy / Defensive Xerneas and Lugia.

THREAT LIST

I realize that my team has a gaping weakness to this thing, but even so that doesn't excuse the fact that it's OP as fuck. Its stats aren't that much different from Mega Rayquaza's, which really makes me wish it came back once something more devastating shows itself (Mega Zygarde, perhaps?)

If Primal Groudon hasn't already taken damage, it can OHKO or 2HKO Mega Diancie with a single Earthquake. Ray should then be able to come in and revenge-kill with Espeed, or Yveltal with Sucker Punch. Otherwise it just uses Earth Power and then nothing can stop it.

A recurring nemesis of mine that can only be soft-checked. Mega Aerodactyl normally handles this one with Tough Claws Ice Fang. Or Yveltal can OHKO D-Dance sets with Foul Play. In some rarer cases, Palkia can come in on an unboosted mence and OHKO with Ice Beam. But once it sets up and all else fails, it's game over.

You cannot kill Mega Sableye. It only has one weakness, has almost simultaneous defences and can't be poisoned once it Mega Evolves. It also has the coveted ability to make use of both its base and mega forms since the former has Wankster to break the metagame with.

Even though Yveltal normally handles Eshitter, it often does so at the cost of its life. +2 ExtremeSpeed will ALWAYS 2HKO or OHKO every member of my team. Primal Groudon however can 2HKO Eshitter with Fire Punch, but then has to be sapped because of Earthquake.

I

Hi Drillbreaker ! I think I can improve this team with some suggestions but I would like you to know what weaknesses you have first:

1) Rock Polish Primal Groudon: Can set up on Ho-Oh, locked Scarfed Yveltal or locked Scarfed Palkia and 1HKO everything(Stone Edge and Precipice Blades) if Rocks are up on your side of the field(not easy to prevent if the Stealth Rock user is Deo-S or Ferrothorn for example).
2) Extreme Killer Arceus(mainly Stone Edge): Many opportunities to set up specially since you have two Scarfed Pokemon. Once it sets up I don't see anyway to stop it.
3) Darkrai+Rocks: Specially with a slow Aerodactyl, Darkrai on the opposition with Rocks up on your side will be impossible to handle.
4) Offensive Yveltal: Pain to face, takes down something everytime it comes in.
5) Magic Bouncers: Specially Mega Diancie(no switch-ins and walls Aerodactyl) and to a lesser extent Mega Sableye(walls Aerodactyl and Foul Play is hard on the switch-ins).
6) Sand teams with Sand Rush Excadrill: Excadrill is impossible to face if sand weather is up and cleans everything.
7) Arceus Rock: Impossible to handle with no resistance and four pokemons weak to it's Judgment.
8) Stall: Noway to break Stall cores.

What you did wrong while building:

1) Using two Scarfers one of them being totally unviable in ORAS(Palkia)
2) Four Flying types with not even a single Rock resist.
3) No Dark resistance while Darkrai and Yveltal are very popular.
4) Nothing that solidly takes you threw Magic Bouncers.

Fixes:

1) Rayquaza's move-pool is fine but use Charti Berry(halfs damage of super effective Rock types attacks)>Lum Berry and Aqua Tail>Surf. This will allow you to revenge kill Rock Polish Primal Groudon reliably and defeat Arceus Rock who comes in on your Dragon Dance to take you down.
2) Bulk up Primal Groudon is sup optimal. I advice you to use the offensive Stealth Rock set who makes it easier to set up Rocks than Aero.
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

3) Palkia is unviable in ORAS and totally outclassed by Latias.
Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 160 HP / 60 Def / 112 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

4) Ho-oh is fine but Choice Band>Leftovers and Earthquake>Roost which makes you able to break stall.
5) You need Scarf Yveltal on your team but use this optimal spread and movepool instead.
Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Rash Nature
- Knock Off
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

6) I understand that Aero is a sort of uniqueness on your team but It's only viable on very specific teams that are not that weak to Stealth Rock and that needs it for Taunt pressure. I advice you to use Arceus Water who will be a good physical check to everything and will fix the sand and Diancie weakness.
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Hope I helped!

Last edited:
Thank you for pointing out the other threats. I would like to address some things though:

2) Extreme Killer Arceus(mainly Stone Edge): Many opportunities to set up specially since you have two Scarfed Pokemon. Once it sets up I don't see anyway to stop it.
Foul Play Yveltal. If Yveltal dies in the process, then Ho-Oh can take a +2 Espeed and finish him off with Brave Bird, or Sacred Fire if he tries to Recover. Primal Groudon can also come in, take an Earthquake and pummel Ekiller with Fire Punch if it is below 50% HP.

Of course, this is if it lacks Stone Edge. I haven't seen it on many Ekiller's lately, guess I need to climb up a little more after the reset.

5) Magic Bouncers: Specially Mega Diancie(no switch-ins and walls Aerodactyl) and to a lesser extent Mega Sableye(walls Aerodactyl and Foul Play is hard on the switch-ins).
Mega Diancie is normally set out first before the start of the game, so my Primal Groudon can OHKO with Earthquake while eating an Earth Power or whatever else. Mega Sableye is just invincible - you cannot kill it at all.

6) Sand teams with Sand Rush Excadrill: Excadrill is impossible to face if sand weather is up and cleans everything.
Uncommon in Ubers, but again Primal Groudon can just switch in and bring up the sun. It should be able to stomach an Earthquake because of his high defence, and hit back with his two STAB moves.

8) Stall: Noway to break Stall cores.
Toxic + Taunt combonation from Aerodactyl? It was literally built to take on Lugia and other recover/roostfags.

1) Rayquaza's move-pool is fine but use Charti Berry(halfs damage of super effective Rock types attacks)>Lum Berry and Aqua Tail>Surf. This will allow you to revenge kill Rock Polish Primal Groudon reliably and defeat Arceus Rock who comes in on your Dragon Dance to take you down.
252 Atk Rayquaza Aqua Tail vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 292-344 (79.5 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Rayquaza Surf vs. 104 HP / 96 SpD Primal Groudon: 360-428 (98 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

As you can see, I need Surf for a better chance to OHKO Primal Groudon, not give it a chance to move. It has prevented rocks from coming onto the field many times which favours Ho-Oh immensely.

2) Bulk up Primal Groudon is sup optimal. I advice you to use the offensive Stealth Rock set who makes it easier to set up Rocks than Aero.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
Aerodactyl doesn't set up rocks, he removes them. He also outspeeds and taunts all other stealth rockers in the tier, namely Ferrothorn, Dialga and Primal Groudon. As for support PDon, I wouldn't want to undermine Primal Groudon's offensive prowess, especially given that it can't be paralyzed (unless the opponent is running Glare which is extremely uncommon) or burned. Therefore I utilize Bulk Up or Rock Polish without fear of either statuses.

3) Palkia is unviable in ORAS and totally outclassed by Latias.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost
How so? Palkia has so many damn good coverage options that again shouldn't be undermined. However since this post I switched Ice Beam to Hydro Pump because it just so happened I needed a way to hit opposing Ho-Oh while still being able to check unboosted Salamence (Spacial Rend) and in some cases Landorus-T (Hydro Pump)

4) Ho-oh is fine but Choice Band>Leftovers and Earthquake>Roost which makes you able to break stall.
This would remove Ho-Oh's ability to outstall Xerneas lacking Thunder or HP Rock and just hampers his staying power in general. Though I admit one of his biggest flaws is a 1/3 chance to use Recover while Sleep Talking which can be fatal.

5) You need Scarf Yveltal on your team but use this optimal spread and movepool instead.
Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Rash Nature
- Knock Off
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
You listed ExtremeKiller Arceus as a threat but you got rid of Foul Play with this set? Foul Play is vital to checking the physical threats for my team, if not it is a very good STAB move to hit in general with. It can 2HKO Primal Kyogre that switch in to use Thunder / Ice Beam, as an example.

Apologies for the late reply, I didn't get around to posting until now.

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Foul Play Yveltal. If Yveltal dies in the process, then Ho-Oh can take a +2 Espeed and finish him off with Brave Bird, or Sacred Fire if he tries to Recover. Primal Groudon can also come in, take an Earthquake and pummel Ekiller with Fire Punch if it is below 50% HP.
Ragey did specify stone edge ekiller. Also that yveltal spread isn't very solid vs it, it needs about 10% chip damage on it to fall to a +2 espeed, and adamant ekiller has a chance to kill after rocks even from full.

Mega Diancie is normally set out first before the start of the game, so my Primal Groudon can OHKO with Earthquake while eating an Earth Power or whatever else. Mega Sableye is just invincible - you cannot kill it at all.
Uh... People don't just stay in with diancie on a pdon unless they can kill it. It will happen sometimes, but in most occasions they will protect to mega evolve and then switch out so as to be used later on.

Uncommon in Ubers, but again Primal Groudon can just switch in and bring up the sun. It should be able to stomach an Earthquake because of his high defence, and hit back with his two STAB moves.
Pretty sure excadrill ohkos offensive pdons. Sand is good in this meta. Just checked, exca kills your groudon spread after stealth rock.

Toxic + Taunt combonation from Aerodactyl? It was literally built to take on Lugia and other recover/roostfags.
He didn't say lugia, he said stall cores. Aka mega sableye and lugia together.

252 Atk Rayquaza Aqua Tail vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 292-344 (79.5 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Rayquaza Surf vs. 104 HP / 96 SpD Primal Groudon: 360-428 (98 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

As you can see, I need Surf for a better chance to OHKO Primal Groudon, not give it a chance to move. It has prevented rocks from coming onto the field many times which favours Ho-Oh immensely.
He specified aqua tail would also help vs arceus rock, meaning you actually have something that hits it hard enough that it doesn't wall you.

Aerodactyl doesn't set up rocks, he removes them. He also outspeeds and taunts all other stealth rockers in the tier, namely Ferrothorn, Dialga and Primal Groudon. As for support PDon, I wouldn't want to undermine Primal Groudon's offensive prowess, especially given that it can't be paralyzed (unless the opponent is running Glare which is extremely uncommon) or burned. Therefore I utilize Bulk Up or Rock Polish without fear of either statuses.
While I understand the premise, your team being as weak to things like xerneas as it is, as well of the lack of rocks on your team making you significantly weaker to a large number of sweepers means that this groudon would serve your team a lot better. Also bulk up is bad use swords dance instead if you absolutely must use a set up move.

How so? Palkia has so many damn good coverage options that again shouldn't be undermined. However since this post I switched Ice Beam to Hydro Pump because it just so happened I needed a way to hit opposing Ho-Oh while still being able to check unboosted Salamence (Spacial Rend) and in some cases Landorus-T (Hydro Pump)
Palkia has no spammable moves is the simple explanation. Either of its stabs are things you don't want to be locked into in a tier with primal groudon and xerneas and diancie running around. Also as a revenger it proceeds to be set up bait for a lot of stuff after you are locked into something. Latias is also better because of the defog it gives you, its ability to soft check both primals and its very good dual stab + reliable recovery.

This would remove Ho-Oh's ability to outstall Xerneas lacking Thunder or HP Rock and just hampers his staying power in general. Though I admit one of his biggest flaws is a 1/3 chance to use Recover while Sleep Talking which can be fatal.
Most xerneas should run thunder. Also choice band is a nightmare to switch into. I'd use life orb if I were you in all honesty though, implementing previous changes gives you a more solid xerneas answer, and life orb manhandles stall teams with alarming frequency.

You listed ExtremeKiller Arceus as a threat but you got rid of Foul Play with this set? Foul Play is vital to checking the physical threats for my team, if not it is a very good STAB move to hit in general with. It can 2HKO Primal Kyogre that switch in to use Thunder / Ice Beam, as an example.

Apologies for the late reply, I didn't get around to posting until now.
...yeah Ragey legit what were you thinking? I know we were skyping while you rated this and I can remember saying suggest scarf foul play dpulse owing uturn.

Also the changes suggested make your team more solid vs ekiller by just not giving it a setup opportunity, as well as arcwater being able to live a hit or two from ekiller as well. If you do get rid of aero for arc water I'd also suggest changing ray to a bulky dd mence with dragon dance return roost and earthquake so you have a third soft answer to ekiller. If you don't, I do recommend stealth rock on it over toxic and stone edge over ice fang, which means you can change groudon from a stealth rock setter to a twave SD sweeper. Stone edge hits everything ice fang does aside from the eon duo, being stronger, and means you can check ho-oh as well. Lugia could be played around via burns with ho-oh, scarf yveltal dark pulse doing a lot to it, smart play with stealth rock and stuff like that.

I think that Arceus-Steel will improve a lot your team:

- Helps against Rockceus, takes out Mega-Diancie and non Focus Blast GeoXern with Stab Iron Head (Thunder GeoXern 6-0 your basic team :/)
You could change Lefties -> Choice Band on Ho-Oh then in order to hit Mega-Sableye and other Stall mons much harder; and keep Surf on Ray.
- Can throw Thunder Wave and/or Will-O-Wisp to help against Xerneas and Ekiller respectively.
- Can be a second Defogger which could help in some cases. Ho-Oh sponges a lot of hits such as LO Yveltal provided you don't have rocks in your field.

Scarf Yveltal with Sucker Punch whithout any offensive stats investment is frankly bizarre. I see you want a very fast Foul Play, but +1 Mega Salamence, +2 E-Killer attack first still. I would replace it with Steelceus.

Keep Scarf Palkia in order to deal with Darkrai and for Speed control, but replace Ice Beam with Sleep Talk.

You might use a Charti Berry on Rayquaza in order to come easier on Primal-Groudon or survive Exca's Rock Slide.

Defensive Mega-Salamence instead of Mega-Aerodactyl is a nice alternative, but I like the Mega-Aero set.

Hope I helped :)

Last edited:
Kinda a noob, I got back into all this a few days ago to relieve some stress from finals, and this team works really well for me. I went undefeated with a few changes to 1250 elo, which might not be all that great for anyone experienced but looks pretty good to me. Anyway here is the team importable:
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 144 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Arceus (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Salamence (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

And a small explanation. I was really interested in using Primal Groudon to start, and while I liked the set above I have preferred having SR support when I have played around in OU. I think I might actually switch back to Earthquake however, as this set has some incredible power and Precipice Blades has missed on a couple occasions when I could really have used a hit.

I changed the EV spread on Yveltal but kept Foul Play and it hasn't let me down. Yveltal has probably been my favorite so far, it's been incredibly consistent.

I actually only used Ho-oh once or twice but he absorbed a Geomancy Xerneas' Moonblast very well and helped Arceus-Water's Toxic take it out.

Latias is in a similar position to Ho-oh, I didn't use it much. I'm not sure why but I don't seem to ever have much of a want or opportunity to switch in either Lati twin when I play them.

Arceus-Water has been a solid addition to the team, doing some heavy damage and spreading status very effectively.

Salamence-Mega was my saddest addition to the team. I have always loved Rayquaza but I agreed with the idea that Aerodactyl-Mega was fun and unique, and Salamence-Mega served a very similar purpose. It has done its job very effectively and has swept 4 Pokemon in a single game.

So, in conclusion, I definitely took some of the uniqueness out of your team, and for that I'm sorry. I felt a little safer as a noob to lean on crutches like Salamence-Mega and the all-around solidity of Arceus-Water, and it worked very well. Thanks for the team and helping me get back into a childhood passion!

-As an aside, I hope it's ok that I reincarnated this really dead thread, just wanted to give my feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)