Resource Pet Mods Simple Questions and Answers Thread

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
How do you get a Pet Mod workshop submissions approved to use?
If you mean you want to submit your Pet Mod idea, you'd normally do so here. Unfortunately submissions are closed as of right now, so you may want to save your ideas for later. Make sure you watch the thread so you'll be notified when it opens back up, and make sure you read its rules carefully so you don't make any mistakes with your submission.

DuoM2

whao
What's your stance on past gen Pet Mods, I was thinking of submitting something like violet but for gen 2.
Mods based around past gen formats have definitely been done before and have sometimes been pretty popular, like for example, Rose Red Iris Blue is inactive now but it had a pretty decent following a while ago. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think anyone will be against your idea just because it's Gen 2, but it might be a good idea to post your specific idea here if you go in-depth with how it's going to work once you make the thread.

Also, just so you're aware - submissions are currently closed, so you may want to wait before submitting anything, and you're going to need at least 15 posts in this subforum before you can submit a mod.

DuoM2

whao
Where does the ‘Pet’ in Pet Mod come from? Does it come from ‘pet project’?
Think so, I think it’s meant to be taken as a Pokemon Mod that’s also a Pet project. Could be wrong though, and someone who’s been here longer might see something else that I’m not seeing.

DuoM2

whao
Is there a thread that only centers around building custom pokemon moves?
In addition to what ViZar said, I'd also like to mention Sylvemons, whose focus is adding and altering a bunch of moves and abilities. They haven't had submissions open for a while so it's impossible to contribute outside of battling with other people, but if you want to play a mod with new moves rather than submit them, this is a big mod for that.

Uh, so I never had my question answered? Is pet mod of the season being discontinued or something? The last vote took place at the start of summer, and we're already half way through fall. I will admit, the only reason why I'm hoping for petmod of the season is so that ndbh v3 could potentially get a playable ladder if implemented / voted for. If there are no plans for pet mod of the season, could there possibly be a plan to implement ndbh v3 ladder regardless? It had respectable activity though out its period and it would make sense to say that it should have a similar level of activity. If I could hear some response at least that would be cool.

Ema Skye

Work!
Uh, so I never had my question answered? Is pet mod of the season being discontinued or something? The last vote took place at the start of summer, and we're already half way through fall. I will admit, the only reason why I'm hoping for petmod of the season is so that ndbh v3 could potentially get a playable ladder if implemented / voted for. If there are no plans for pet mod of the season, could there possibly be a plan to implement ndbh v3 ladder regardless? It had respectable activity though out its period and it would make sense to say that it should have a similar level of activity. If I could hear some response at least that would be cool.
Pet Mod of the Season was put on hold until Hoenn Gaiden ended up on the main server, which is why there haven't been more polls. Given that HG hasn't been put on main yet after 5 months has changed things for PMOTS. Getting mods put on main has been shown to be a bit of an ordeal, so there has been talk over restructuring the process but nothing official yet. Your best bet would be to join the Discord as the issue has been discussed there quite a bit.

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Is there pet mods tournaments/circuits? If yes, where are they announced, or at least how can I make sure I don't miss them?

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Is there pet mods tournaments/circuits? If yes, where are they announced, or at least how can I make sure I don't miss them?
There weren't any last year, but the big tournament we have in Pet Mods is the Pet Mods Grand Slam (PMGS) for short, different mods are picked and put as Opens in a similar format to the Smogon Grand Slam

Later this year, still haven't fully worked out the details, we are planning on having the Pet Mods Premier League, which will be an auction draft premier league.

For both of these the tiers we had decided on were(subject to change however), Megas For All, Fusion Evolution Underused, Hoenn Gaiden, Alternatium, and Restrictions.

Separate from big forum tours, and semifrequent roomtours on Dragon Heaven. Megas For All has a currently under the way big individual tour in M4ATour. M4ATour is the Megas For All Version of Smogon Tour, held on the M4A Discord, Featuring OU, UU, and our VGC Tier, right now we're entering week 3 with UU tours held this weekend. M4A is probably the most competitively active pet mod as well, we've had 2 Team Tournaments so far, M4APL(in a snake format), and then M4Auction(in an auction format). So even if you dont want to participate in M4ATour theres frequently something going on.

Im closing in on meeting the requirements for submitting a pet mod, but before I do I want to gather a council, how would I go about finding people for a council?

DuoM2

whao
Im closing in on meeting the requirements for submitting a pet mod, but before I do I want to gather a council, how would I go about finding people for a council?
Joining the Pet Mods Discord server and getting feedback there would be ideal for that, but if you don’t have a Discord or don’t want to join I can ask for you if you’d like (assuming you have an idea ready)

Hi guys, I'm new to the Pet Mods thread. I'd like to build a team and play the format on Showdown!, but still have a couple of doubts to start playing. I'd appreciate it if someone would help me with these doubts.

• What are the implemented formats and where could one find info about the meta and rules?
  • Do the formats rotate or are they fixed?
  • I loved two projects, SS OU Theorymon and Paleomons, how could I play them? Is it possible at the moment?
  • On the Showdown!, I've found Alternatium and Random Dex but what exactly are they? Are they the currently available formats or something else?

Screenshot_20220412-181330.png

Thanks in advance.

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi guys, I'm new to the Pet Mods thread. I'd like to build a team and play the format on Showdown!, but still have a couple of doubts to start playing. I'd appreciate it if someone would help me with these doubts.

• What are the implemented formats and where could one find info about the meta and rules?
  • Do the formats rotate or are they fixed?
  • I loved two projects, SS OU Theorymon and Paleomons, how could I play them? Is it possible at the moment?
  • On the Showdown!, I've found Alternatium and Random Dex but what exactly are they? Are they the currently available formats or something else?

View attachment 418474

Thanks in advance.
Welcome Tungdil!

I'll answer your questions here, but dont be afraid of asking me or anyone if you still have questions.

1) Usually you can find the rules and info in the metagame threads, most of the time they have spreadsheets.
2) The formats that are Pet Mod of the Season or the Leader's choice of the season rotate in the main PS! server. All of these are playable in our server though!
3) Go to the Pet Mods server (DragonHeaven) using this link. You will be able to play most of the existing Pet Mods.
4) They were the ones available at the last season, main PS! just didnt accept the pull request for Restrictions and Roulettemons Random Battle yet. There's also no teambuilding support there so you're better off building in the Pet Mods dragonheaven client and transferring the teams to main if you want to ladder.

Hope this helps.

Is there a Pet Mod where there are move(s) that are conditional based on whether there are hazards on the user's side of the field? If so, could I get a link to the repository for that mod?

DuoM2

whao
Is there a Pet Mod where there are move(s) that are conditional based on whether there are hazards on the user's side of the field? If so, could I get a link to the repository for that mod?
The one I can think of off the top of my head is Expansions having Orbital Launch as a special move for Rapteroid. Its base power boosts for each entry hazard on the user's side and the opponent's side, and then it removes all of them. Bust a Move also changed Rock Smash so it removes Stealth Rock from the user's side in addition to a small, consistent buff in power. I can't think of any others off the top of my head so if anyone else wants to step in then go ahead.

If by "repository" you mean the GitHub stuff then expansions bustamove

The one I can think of off the top of my head is Expansions having Orbital Launch as a special move for Rapteroid. Its base power boosts for each entry hazard on the user's side and the opponent's side, and then it removes all of them. Bust a Move also changed Rock Smash so it removes Stealth Rock from the user's side in addition to a small, consistent buff in power. I can't think of any others off the top of my head so if anyone else wants to step in then go ahead.

If by "repository" you mean the GitHub stuff then expansions bustamove
Thank you, that's what I was looking for!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)