Resource Pet Mods Workshop

{Fangamemons}

Simply what the name is, subbing and subbing pokemon and any of their pre evolutions from fan games like Nuclear and Insurgence as long as they are not already in the game (Including Regional Variants like Relic and Delta pokemon), however pokemon withan original type such as nuclear would be turned to Poison type since Nuclear is too unbalanced of a type in Nuclear, even though it trades with everything but Steel. so you could Sub Nuclear Arbok as a Poison/Dark type.

using Natdex as a base due to it being easier to say what pokemon would be easier to do things with what.

I know I already made an attempt at this before, but I am curious to see how the Meta would be if Fanmons ran through it, and obviously there would be a OU/Uber/UU and maybe a LC split, since you would sub the entire pokemon family like Delta bulbasaur> Delta Ivysaur> Delta Venusaur for example

and like the people behind doom says, everything counts, even things like Touhoumons and PokeDuel and rom hacks like that, and of course I can't just slap every single problematic pokemon since pokemon in game x could easily counter pokemon from game x and so on, and same for strong mons already in OU or Ubers countering mon in game x and x, and vice versa.

unless the teams behind game x have right to sue me.

been thinking about this for a while now and today's where i finally crack.

:alcremie: Dessertmons :alcremie:
Paleomons was always a fun mod to brainstorm for me, and with it ending soon I wanted a mod similar to it. The thought of a mod with just dessert Pokémon came along, since we've got quite a few of those.

These Pokémon will be our starting line.
:alcremie:
:appletun: flapple does not count i will die on this hill
:vanilluxe:
:slurpuff:
fidough and its evolution

Yeah not enough for a full team, and I might've missed some (do let me know!). Items will in fact also be reset with only these remaining ones, though I'm still on the fence about it and might remove this entirely to just have normal items.

:berry: All berries in the game + Berry Juice
Big Malasada
Castellacone
Hometown Muffin
Jubilife Muffin
Lava Cookie
Lumiose Galette
Old Gateau
Shalour Sable
Sweet Apple
Milcery's seven sweet items

Before the start of the mod, possibly a discord server being made first before the thread, we'll have a poll on whether the existing Pokémon we have should be reworked or not. Next would be the items, which will definitely be reworked (except for Berries) because well. Yeah you can see why.

Here's how the slates will go (The first slate will be readjusting the canon Pokémon if it wins the poll):
Pokémon slate where we take chosen Pokémon into this dessert world, aka "regional" forms.
Item slate where we take about three items from the list I've mentioned up above and change them to become usable held items in battle. If we run out, then that's when we can create our own items OR stop the item slates completely.
Fakémon slate because what's a mod without it. Different desserts will be chosen and we'll make fakémon based around them.
*Note that both flavour and competitive aspects are important. If I see a Miltank stuffed inside a pie for the hell of it then No.

And that's about it for now! Around fifteen slates should be reasonable enough. I don't have a council yet, so feel free to contact me if you're interested! That should be all ^^

Ema Skye

Work!

Paleomons was always a fun mod to brainstorm for me, and with it ending soon I wanted a mod similar to it. The thought of a mod with just dessert Pokémon came along, since we've got quite a few of those.

Yeah not enough for a full team, and I might've missed some (do let me know!). Items will in fact also be reset with only these remaining ones, though I'm still on the fence about it and might remove this entirely to just have normal items.

Big Malasada
Castellacone
Hometown Muffin
Jubilife Muffin
Lava Cookie
Lumiose Galette
Old Gateau
Shalour Sable
Sweet Apple

Before the start of the mod, possibly a discord server being made first before the thread, we'll have a poll on whether the existing Pokémon we have should be reworked or not. Next would be the items, which will definitely be reworked (except for Berries) because well. Yeah you can see why.

Here's how the slates will go (The first slate will be readjusting the canon Pokémon if it wins the poll):
Pokémon slate where we take chosen Pokémon into this dessert world, aka "regional" forms.
Item slate where we take about three items from the list I've mentioned up above and change them to become usable held items in battle. If we run out, then that's when we can create our own items OR stop the item slates completely.
Fakémon slate because what's a mod without it. Different desserts will be chosen and we'll make fakémon based around them.
*Note that both flavour and competitive aspects are important. If I see a Miltank stuffed inside a pie for the hell of it then No.

And that's about it for now! Around fifteen slates should be reasonable enough. I don't have a council yet, so feel free to contact me if you're interested! That should be all ^^
This is an adorable idea but I feel like it's kind of limited in scope, like there's only so many different ways you can make dessert themes before it gets repetitive (like that PokeSweet rom hack).

I would also try to focus more on the competitive nature of the mod, because flavor-based mods are a little tricky in that regard. When I brought up The Pet Mod (see last page), the conversations on the Discord was about how a mod can be interesting when you can do nearly anything you want in it (which is similar to this given that any Pokemon can become dessert-based, see the PokeSweet hack again. Or the revamped items can replace items lost to the mod).

I would try to go for a larger theme but provide some way to restrain the subbing process.

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor

Big Malasada
Castellacone
Hometown Muffin
Jubilife Muffin
Lava Cookie
Lumiose Galette
Old Gateau
Shalour Sable
Sweet Apple

I very much agree with Ema's post, this is a mod with a lot of potential but should absolutely be expanded into Foodmons in general (Buffetmons? Mealmons? Snackmons? Flavormons???). I think Paleomons worked overall simply because it's fairly easy to turn a dinosaur or a prehistoric arthropod into a Pokemon. It's much more difficult to turn say, a muffin or a crepe into a mon. Increasing the scope to include main courses, sides and drinks can make this a lot more fun to sub for. Have subbers turn a burger, a burrito or a roll of sushi into mons and other such dishes. Maybe have another aspect to slates such as suggesting potential roles would create more focus? Perhaps have some wacky mechanics like sauces or seasonings which can be items or moves with different effects?

I will say as well, Paleomons has been struggling with balancing due to being a flavor-based mod (some of the mons I subbed in Paleo ended up being pretty damn bad oops). I think doing general commentary in a similar vein to AltEX before voting starts (such as suggesting buffs to subs that look underpowered, asking a subber to elaborate on subs that lack direction, or asking subs to be changed due to overlapping roles) would be massively helpful for a mod like this.

Man now I'm just thinking about Bugsnax lol.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok so this is less of a formal pitch and more like a vague, half-tired late night spitball to gauge interest

Anyone remember ReBurst? The thing where people fused with Pokemon sealed in little crystals to become cool fighting dudes like the above guy. As you might imagine, I've been thinking about starting a mod to adapt this transformation type into the game. This comes with three key questions that I need resolved before I continue brainstorming and conceptualizing this.

1. What generation of OU should this be set in? There's actually three options:
  • SV: Simple and straightforward. A new generation needs new mods!
  • BW: For faithfulness to the source material and also expanding our old gen lineup by giving BW a mod.
  • USUM: I promise there's more to this than me being an Alola shill. See, back in the early days of the SM promotional cycle there was a fan theory that ReBurst would be incorporated. It came down to a mix of Ash-Greninja being fresh on everyone's minds and people confusing the then unnamed Z Crystals for Burst Hearts. This relic of bygone speculation was what inspired this mod idea, and by picking USUM as the foundation it would be going for more of a "What if" vibe, appropriately replacing Z-Crystals.
2. How should its mechanics work? The only thing I'm really set on is that the Burst Heart treatment should be relegated for a relatively small selection of Pokemon in the vein of Mega Evolution or GMaxes in the interest of better mechanical finetuning. Other than that, do you have more specific ideas on how trainer-Pokemon fusion should play out? Should the fused player function like a 7th Pokemon of sorts, or should they take the place the place of a standard party member? What about stats, movepool, abilities, etc.? Here's the Bulbapedia page for Burst for extra brainstorming help. I don't expect you to come up with every last detail for me, just some helpful ideas I can consider for myself and add to.

3. Is it even a good idea at all? I'll admit, there's every chance that this whole thing is just too esoteric and out-there to be retrofitted into an extension of competitive Pokemon teambuilding. If that's truly what you feel, then please don't hold back on saying so.

So there are 2 projects including Pokestars so here's them
Learnset: Pokestars' moveset is really limited. Here's a list
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokéstar_Studios_opponents#Learnset
- BlackBelt, Fighting, Huge Power: Taunt, Focus Punch, Jump Kick, Mach Punch, Hammer Arm; walled by Ghost
- BlackDoor, Grass, Early Bird: Amnesia, Ingrain, Lucky Chant, Rest, Baton Pass, Counter, Flame Charge, Toxic; a bad staller
- BrycenMan, Psychic+Dark, Levitate: Ice Beam, U-Turn, Night Shade, Psychic; not that bad but fully outclassed
- F-00, Normal+Steel, Volt Absorb: Chatter, Flail, Growl, Teeter Dance, Defense Curl, Head Butt, Head Smash, Needle Arm, Hammer Arm, Iron Head, Perish Song, Thrash; not that bad in rapport of the others
- F-00, Normal+Steel, Reckless: Flare Blitz, Iron Head, Psychic, Wild Charge; correct
- Humanoïd, Normal, Insomnia: Acid, Scratch, Shadow Claw, Dark Pulse, Double-Edge, Ice Punch, Night Slash, Rock Slide, Slash, Thunder Punch, Explosion, Self Destruct; an usable movepool
- Majin, Ghost+Dark, Wonder Guard: Swords Dance, Crunch, Dual Chop, Slack Off; this is broken
- MT, Steel, Analytic; Earthquake, Iron Head, Surf, Spark; Good One
- MT2, Steel+Electric, FlashFire: Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Metal Burst, Thunderbolt; good movepool
- Monica, Normal, Huge Power: Crush Grip, Focus Punch, Growl, Double Slap, Stomp, Rage, Teeter Dance; another violent walled by ghosts.
- Monster, Dark, Pressure: Dark Pulse, Confusion; Useless
- Transport, Steel, Motor Drive: Clear Smog, Discharge, Flame Burst, Icicle Crash, Overheat, Signal Beam; prtty nice.
- UFO, Flying+Electric, Levitate, It's Rotom-F: Bubble Beam, Counter, Signal Beam, Counter; a nice staller
- UFO2, Psychic+Electric, Levitate: Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower; Offense
- White Door, Fire, Blaze: Inferno, Baton Pass, Mirror Coat, Toxic

Real NDex:
I was sad Berserk Gene and Gems weren't available in Ndex. So, I suggest a meta where you have access to all items. To fulfill, I'd say that unobtensible mons should be available. This includes: Starters of Let's Go, Floette Eternal, Pokestars, Pichu Spiky Heared, Max Eternatus but it's banned.

Observations:
I dunno how Eevee-S will be in this meta. It fills a great utility roles with Heal Bell, Haze, Screens, Wow, Twave,
Watchlist:
Huge Power users in person of Monica and Blackbelt may be banworthy but they are just walled by every Ghost, though Pursuit exists.
Majin seem to be threatening but Toxic is common

Questions:
Should Pokestars have a stat bonus to make 'em attractive?
Should we give Pokestars Toxic, Hidden Power, and Return?

Clash of Films:
Just Pokestars. Analysis her
Monica and Black Belt are strong. Basically, everyone have the same stats so ties are everywhere. Steels can support Monica's attack but must be aware of Focus Punch. Majin is the only Ghost. By a chain-react, you have not the choice: due to Huge Power's hegemony, you have to use a Door to toxic Majin. MT2 seems to be very bulky, there are no ground attacks except MT's Eq, he is only weak to Huge Power and F00's Hammer Arm. Black Door could be great but has a very bad typing.

Questions:
Should we use old type chart of 5g?
Should we ban Majin, Monica and Black Belt?

Another suggestion: Follow the Leader.
It's basically Inheritance but everyone has to inherit from the same Pokemon of the team.
- Mew is a normal movepool in exchange of an ability.
- Nidoking could be interesting, as other gen1 mons. Gen1 was wild with coverage.
- Just, gen1 is too good. Slowking Galar has very a large coverage.
- Kommo-O? Set-Up sweepers with Rocks could be cool.
- Torkoal and Excadrill are 2 swiss-knives.

(This might have been submitted before but I’ll shoot my shot)

GammaMons! Have you ever felt like some Pokémon should have more than 2 types? Then maybe you’ll like this mod. Or maybe you won’t, who knows. In GammaMons, you can submit Gamma Pokemon, whom, along with their regular types, can have another 3rd type attached. Each slate you will have a prompt to fulfil with your Gamma Pokemon, such as a certain role or Pokémon. Maybe there won’t be a prompt at all and you can do whatever. You may also change the ability, moveset, and stats of your Gamma Pokemon, and custom abilities / moves are allowed (but not required). Also there will be no OG Pokemon in this meta.

:sm/gliscor:
Pokemon Name: Gliscor-Gamma (or Gliscor-Γ)
Pokémon Abilities: Sand Veil / Poison Heal / Vampire
New Type: Ground / Flying / Poison
Movepool Changes: +Leech Life / Blood Drain
Stats: 95 / 95 / 125 / 45 / 75 / 95
Competitive Role: Bulky wallbreaker / Sweeper, or Toxic Heal / Vampire wall.
Custom Elements: Vampire: This Pokemon’s draining moves have their BP multiplied by 1.3. / Blood Drain: 80 BP / 16 PP / Poison type. The users HP is restored by half the damage taken by the target.

Last edited:
Completing Mons:
It is basically a meta with only mons that have been added to an evolution line. It's just 4g in fact.
:Weavile:, :Magnezone:, :Azumarill:, :scizor:, :tangrowth:, :mamoswine:, :lycanroc-dusk:, :slowking:, :marowak-alola:,:porygon2:, :porygon-z:, :weezing-galar:, :umbreon:, :espeon:,:sylveon:, :leafeon:, :glaceon:, :crobat:, :rhyperior:, :roserade:, :togekiss:, :hitmontop:, :bellossom:, :raichu-alola:, :exeggutor-alola:,:pikachu:.W
There are also many pre-evos, like Munchlax, Mantyke and Elekid, but they seem not useful.
I may have forgotten some.

Questions:
Should formes be allowed?
D-Lycanroc be allowed? He was introduced in the same gen but not in the same game.
I decided to not allow: Pokemon that evolves from a form. This includes: :obstagoon:, :sirfetch, :dugtrio-alola:...

Apocalypse MON.
Did you see NOW reversed is MON?
So it is another slate Pet Mod, where all Mons are extincting. Seems nice. So its max 650 BST, except if the mon is screwed. Like you can go higher if you give an ability harshly nerfing. You can do extremly polarized mons. If the mon fit, you can add sig moves/abilities.

Pelipper-D (for Dying)
Abilities: Water Absorb, Corrosion, Poison Drain.
Type: Water, Poison
Stats:
60 -> 80
50 -> 120
100 -> 65
95 -> 100
70 -> 110
65 -> 25
440 -> 500
Moves: -Roost, -U-Turn, +Flip Turn, +Sludge Wave, +Poison Jab, +Gunk Shot, +Corroded Wave, +Toxic Spikes
Explanations: Poison Drain: All Moves of this Pokemon have +30% chance to poison. Each time a Pokemon on the field takes damage from poison, damage is converted in health to Pelipper. Corroded Wave: Water Type, 50 BP, Special, badly Poisons the target.
Inspirations: Pelipper is a gull caught in a oil spill. He can't heal itself anymore and can only survive by stealing others Pokemon's vitality.

:muk-alola:

Kind Gift:
You pick do not pick your Pokemon! In fact, you choose 3 of the opponent's and he takes the others. You can't see abilities and movesets, so you have to guess if the opponent has chosen good sets or not. A half of this meta resids in teambuild. With this team:
:timburr:-:weavile:-:aggron:-::sharpedo:-:chansey:-:diglett-alola:
Your opponent may choose Timburr, because if it has Mach Punch, it'll be very strong. But, Timburr may not have Mach Punch! So you have to think inside your opponent's teambuild and guess their sets.
:timburr:-:weavile:-:aggron:-::sharpedo:-:chansey:-:diglett-alola:

So the team is weird. It is supposed to incit the opponent to pick Timburr, but he doesn't have Mach Punch or any Fighting Attacks. Weavile is a good Pokemon, but he is useless in this team. The star of the team is Sharpedo: he wins the game, but Chansey hard walls it. So, you have to use Galeking, that trap and kill Chansey. Galeking itself blocks Diglett, due to his Balloon. Though, Chansey doesn't hit Sharpedo, but it kills itself with LO.

For the opponent, Timburr may seem promiseful, but it is useless. Weavile is also a bad pick. Galeking is useful because it beats Chansey without losing its Balloon. Here's a list of MUs only for this team that doesn't include opponent's Pokemon.
Weavile -> Nobody
Timburr -> Removes Aggron's Balloon
Galeking -> Chansey, Diglett, Weavile, Timburr
Sharpedo -> Aggron, Timburr, Weavile, Diglett
Chansey -> Timburr, Weavile, Sharpedo
Diglett -> Weavile, Timburr, Chansey

Maybe is this too complex.

Last edited:
Time for a new OM submission!

Following the apparent insane amount of Pokémon buffs predicted in SV, and inspiration from already popular draft battles, I present to you my OM: Tier Shift!

The best way to explain this is with an example. You start with 6 RU Pokémon. Now, let’s say you decide to use one NU Pokémon. As a result, you may now shift one of your RU Pokémon into a UU Pokémon! Furthermore, let’s say you turned an RU to a NFE Pokémon. You can now shift an RU to an Uber Pokémon!

Now hold on, I know you guys want to say “people are just gonna use a Zacian with like a shedinja and level 1 Aron,” and while yes- that is a possibility, I’ll give an example of that not working. A gigalith takes care of potential lvl1 Aron Strats with stealth rock, and the sandstorm takes care of shedinja. Swap in (god forbid) a ditto or a quagsire and you have yourself a counter to Zacian while still not using many high tier mons at all.

This is still pretty unbalanced, which is why dynamaxing will be banned. Also, a further note that the Pokémon listed as AG will cost one more than an Uber to shift a Pokémon to- that will mean one Pokémon goes to NFE. Additionally, I wouldn’t be surprised if in the future pokemon like Chansey or blissey get moved up a tier due to their ability to wall higher tier Pokémon mon.

That’s basically the gist of it, and of course me being a person who isn’t *that* good at competitive I know this is probably way more unbalanced than I see it right now, but I say that as with every tier it will get (hopefully) more balanced as time goes on. Will this be another incident like Genesect in OU? I hope not. Also, this obviously wouldn’t be implemented until proper tiering for new and changed existing Pokémon happens.

My biggest concern is what the starting tier should be. Is RU a good starting spot, or is it too low? Maybe UU? I definitely would do OU, it’s just Ubers with extra steps at that point.

Ema Skye

Work!
Time for a new OM submission!

Following the apparent insane amount of Pokémon buffs predicted in SV, and inspiration from already popular draft battles, I present to you my OM: Tier Shift!

The best way to explain this is with an example. You start with 6 RU Pokémon. Now, let’s say you decide to use one NU Pokémon. As a result, you may now shift one of your RU Pokémon into a UU Pokémon! Furthermore, let’s say you turned an RU to a NFE Pokémon. You can now shift an RU to an Uber Pokémon!

Now hold on, I know you guys want to say “people are just gonna use a Zacian with like a shedinja and level 1 Aron,” and while yes- that is a possibility, I’ll give an example of that not working. A gigalith takes care of potential lvl1 Aron Strats with stealth rock, and the sandstorm takes care of shedinja. Swap in (god forbid) a ditto or a quagsire and you have yourself a counter to Zacian while still not using many high tier mons at all.

This is still pretty unbalanced, which is why dynamaxing will be banned. Also, a further note that the Pokémon listed as AG will cost one more than an Uber to shift a Pokémon to- that will mean one Pokémon goes to NFE. Additionally, I wouldn’t be surprised if in the future pokemon like Chansey or blissey get moved up a tier due to their ability to wall higher tier Pokémon mon.

That’s basically the gist of it, and of course me being a person who isn’t *that* good at competitive I know this is probably way more unbalanced than I see it right now, but I say that as with every tier it will get (hopefully) more balanced as time goes on. Will this be another incident like Genesect in OU? I hope not. Also, this obviously wouldn’t be implemented until proper tiering for new and changed existing Pokémon happens.

My biggest concern is what the starting tier should be. Is RU a good starting spot, or is it too low? Maybe UU? I definitely would do OU, it’s just Ubers with extra steps at that point.
Welcome to Pet Mods! We're a bit different from OMs and I think you maybe meant to submit it as an other metagame. The thread to post workshop ideas for OMs is here. They are also moving most OMs into Generation 9 soon so you may want to remove the dynamaxing note.

I have seen this idea used in drafts and it's pretty neat. Just a note though that the name tier shift is already taken for another OM so you'd need to find a different name. Maybe something to do with budgeting?

Custom Megas!
Permise: Uh this is an old idea. It is basically new megas with custom abilities and stats. I don’t know if someone has had this way. So, It’s Scalemons, but with 500 BST, with AAA, with no EVs and this rule:
A bonus of up to 50 bonus points are given to each stat, depending of EVs. Total 100 bonus.
EG:
A spread classic, so 252 252 would give 50 bonus in each stat.
Idk a formula but each pack of 5 EVs would give 1 bonus point of base stat.
Threats:
I think it could be sanier if only FE could megaevolve. It would respect the lore and protect us from Abra. Maybe Scalemons bans + AAA.

Questions:
Should I add Camomons or Bonus Type?
Should only no items mons be allowed to use AAA and my rule ?

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Custom Megas!
Permise: Uh this is an old idea. It is basically new megas with custom abilities and stats. I don’t know if someone has had this way. So, It’s Scalemons, but with 500 BST, with AAA, with no EVs and this rule:
A bonus of up to 50 bonus points are given to each stat, depending of EVs. Total 100 bonus.
EG:
Idk a formula but each pack of 5 EVs would give 1 bonus point.
Threats:
I think it could be sanier if only FE could megaevolve. It would respect the lore and protect us from Abra. Maybe Scalemons bans + AAA.

Questions:
From what I understand this seems to be more of an OM, as rather then submitting custom mons/megas to be added the new ability/extra stats are based on teambuilder choices.

Ema Skye

Work!
Custom Megas!
EG:
Idk a formula but each pack of 5 EVs would give 1 bonus point.
Threats:

Questions:
Custom Megas have already been created in other mods, and it sounds like this idea applies the Scalemons and AAA mods to such a meta.

Also the EV bonus thing is a little strange. 4 EVs already creates 1 stat point, so 5 EVs really doesn't change as much as you think (its 13 less points in the stat). I'm not entirely sure it's necessary.

Pokemon Pyrite And Pokemon Amethyst
Idea: A mix Of stadium and legends
with 193 new pokemon and 100 new megas and 15 new primals and paradox acts like mega evolution
region: Ragnar
based off of : New England,Wyoming, Alaska And Maryland
Professors: Professor Pine and Professor Maple
Theme : perseverance vs extinction
Fakemon idea regulations: NO RACIST,NSFW OR INNAPROPRIATE DESIGNS!

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
Making a whole new region is something for Generation X, a pet mod that exists.
This mod has also a really big number of additions to the region. Like 193 new Pokemon is too much, especially when taking into account the 100 megas. I also really dont think paradoxes should be megas.

GoZUmons
So it’s a ZU based meta where upper tiers’ Pokémon will be added. They have to be nerfed to not increase ZU’s power level too much.
Pokemon Name: Zacian-Crowned
Pokémon Abilities: Intrepid Sword
New Type: Steel/ Fairy
Movepool Changes:
Stats: 52 / 100 / 115 / 80 / 70 / 78
Competitive Role: Perserker clone, faster but less bulky and hits less hard.
Btw what are the requirements to submit a Pet Mod?

Last edited:
Terra Splicing

concept: The pokemon's tera typing becomes part of the pokemon's original typing but will be unavailbe to actually terrastilize, and if a pokemon already has a Dual type, then it's name would be the type you want to keep, and they will be treated as Terastilized so Tera Blast remains a Stab option for type 2 if the pokemon does not have moves of Tera type, however you cannot Tera to be the same type (for example, Palafin cannot be Tera Water and Skeledirge cannot be Tera Fire or Ghost)

Example

Flareon
Type: Fire
Tera Type: Grass
New Typing: Fire/Grass

Example 2
Poison (Clodsire)
Type: Ground/Poison
Tera Type: Ice
New Type: Ice/Poison

as you can see with these examples, they are both somewhat defensive in nature, allowing Flareon to take more hits from Water type moves and Clodsire to become neutral to Ice moves rather than be weak to them on top of a unique typing.

and due to the Nature of this pet mod, I'm not sure if it makes certain mons stronger and certain ones weaker, because they can be ANY type, so bans will have to include typing like for example, Palafin-Fighting. You can still use the mon, but you cannot use the Tera of that type so you will be unable to use a Water/Fighting Palafin, but you can still use a Water/Ice Palafin, but I'm sure this will be quite the hassle since you'll have to ban multiple of the same pokemon instead of just the one unless it's troublesome with any type, even more so when it's already a Stab move much like Palafin and Houndstone.

The name thing is used as a semi balance since it'll spell out what you are using like when you send out Arceus-Ghost or Silvallly-Fairy, giving one of your types away to your opponent, with the new type being a guessing game, making some Pure typing power houses even stronger like Palafin and Garganacl, but obviously if a Pokemon is banned itself and not just the tera type, then you cannot use the type like so
Palafin, Houndstone, and Flutter Mane

Chein-pao- Fighting
Zoroark- Flying, Fairy, Steel, Ghost, Normal, Fighting, and Ground

Chi-YU (Any). Reason: Without Tera Fire or Dark, the only Reliable thing it can use is Psychic or drop a type to play the more defensive card, but it could still be watched due to Screen+Nasty Plot Sets alongside it's Sp.Def dropping ability.

and due to the nature of it, I'm not sure what is even considered banworthy or not since some pokemon like Chi-yu would have to drop STAB Lava Plume/Flamethrower or Stab Dark Pulse due to not having a diverse move pool in terms of typing, and it's only other usable tera type Psychic, only gives Psychic, which is still strong, and just because it is no longer a Stab move, it doesn't mean it's not a strong move like Chein-Pao's Icicle Crash/Sucker Punch for an example.

but this also gives other sets of the pokemon a chance since it forces Pokemon to use a potentially type that limits it's ability to do things like Tinkaton- Fire would force it to be a Defensive Fire/Steel type or a Speedy Fire/Fairy type, but Iron Bundle might be forced to drop one of it's Stabs making Hydro Pump/Flip Turn or Freeze Dry/Ice Beam not as Reliable, but obviously it doesn't mean they can't use the same set with a more defensive typing like Water/Steel, but due to the nature, this might be too problematic as it entertains the idea of either Knocking the mon out or a guessing game until you get sweeped, and it makes Zoroark more banworthy because it could have a type combo that comes with a type immunity on top of it, and because it could be either of the mentioned Tinkaton, and you'll try to hit it with a Zen Headbutt or a Earthquake, but it doesn't affect it, and suddenly the Zoroark is at +4 thanks to Nasty plot or Belly Drum.

but obviously, most problematic pokemon like Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane could use the same usual set as always, albeit one of it's moves might not be as effective, but it'll still hit like a truck.

Terra Splicing

concept: The pokemon's tera typing becomes part of the pokemon's original typing but will be unavailbe to actually terrastilize, and if a pokemon already has a Dual type, then it's name would be the type you want to keep, and they will be treated as Terastilized so Tera Blast remains a Stab option for type 2 if the pokemon does not have moves of Tera type, however you cannot Tera to be the same type (for example, Palafin cannot be Tera Water and Skeledirge cannot be Tera Fire or Ghost)

Example

Flareon
Type: Fire
Tera Type: Grass
New Typing: Fire/Grass

Example 2
Poison (Clodsire)
Type: Ground/Poison
Tera Type: Ice
New Type: Ice/Poison

as you can see with these examples, they are both somewhat defensive in nature, allowing Flareon to take more hits from Water type moves and Clodsire to become neutral to Ice moves rather than be weak to them on top of a unique typing.

and due to the Nature of this pet mod, I'm not sure if it makes certain mons stronger and certain ones weaker, because they can be ANY type, so bans will have to include typing like for example, Palafin-Fighting. You can still use the mon, but you cannot use the Tera of that type so you will be unable to use a Water/Fighting Palafin, but you can still use a Water/Ice Palafin, but I'm sure this will be quite the hassle since you'll have to ban multiple of the same pokemon instead of just the one unless it's troublesome with any type, even more so when it's already a Stab move much like Palafin and Houndstone.

The name thing is used as a semi balance since it'll spell out what you are using like when you send out Arceus-Ghost or Silvallly-Fairy, giving one of your types away to your opponent, with the new type being a guessing game, making some Pure typing power houses even stronger like Palafin and Garganacl, but obviously if a Pokemon is banned itself and not just the tera type, then you cannot use the type like so
Palafin, Houndstone, and Flutter Mane

Chein-pao- Fighting
Zoroark- Flying, Fairy, Steel, Ghost, Normal, Fighting, and Ground

Chi-YU (Any). Reason: Without Tera Fire or Dark, the only Reliable thing it can use is Psychic or drop a type to play the more defensive card, but it could still be watched due to Screen+Nasty Plot Sets alongside it's Sp.Def dropping ability.

and due to the nature of it, I'm not sure what is even considered banworthy or not since some pokemon like Chi-yu would have to drop STAB Lava Plume/Flamethrower or Stab Dark Pulse due to not having a diverse move pool in terms of typing, and it's only other usable tera type Psychic, only gives Psychic, which is still strong, and just because it is no longer a Stab move, it doesn't mean it's not a strong move like Chein-Pao's Icicle Crash/Sucker Punch for an example.

but this also gives other sets of the pokemon a chance since it forces Pokemon to use a potentially type that limits it's ability to do things like Tinkaton- Fire would force it to be a Defensive Fire/Steel type or a Speedy Fire/Fairy type, but Iron Bundle might be forced to drop one of it's Stabs making Hydro Pump/Flip Turn or Freeze Dry/Ice Beam not as Reliable, but obviously it doesn't mean they can't use the same set with a more defensive typing like Water/Steel, but due to the nature, this might be too problematic as it entertains the idea of either Knocking the mon out or a guessing game until you get sweeped, and it makes Zoroark more banworthy because it could have a type combo that comes with a type immunity on top of it, and because it could be either of the mentioned Tinkaton, and you'll try to hit it with a Zen Headbutt or a Earthquake, but it doesn't affect it, and suddenly the Zoroark is at +4 thanks to Nasty plot or Belly Drum.

but obviously, most problematic pokemon like Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane could use the same usual set as always, albeit one of it's moves might not be as effective, but it'll still hit like a truck.
hellooo, we've already moved to gen 9 of petmods in the uncharted territory. here's the link to the pet mods workshop thread for gen 9 https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pet-mods-workshop-thread.3710986/

as for the mod itself, this seems more like an OM to me? i'm not sure though, but others might comment on it too ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)