ORAS Ubers Phantom Force

(Banner by Transcendent God Champion)

Hello everyone! Since I’ve been playing this tier for two years now and have never made a Rate My Team thread as of today, I thought it’s high time I made one. This is a bulky offense team and it works well in the current metagame due to its fast-paced nature. I have already posted an older version of this team a few months ago and it got accepted in the Ubers Sample Team Thread.

Teambuilding Process
->

So, when I first started the team, my thought process was to use either Arceus-Ground or Arceus-Normal (Extreme Killer) with two Pokémon on its side that will take care of all its checks, allowing it to sweep late-game. At first, I tried Arceus-Ground, but after a few tests, I found out that Arceus-Normal was the superior option. As for the two Pokémon I mentioned, I went with Mega Gengar which takes care of Pokémon such as Giratina-Origin, Skarmory, Lugia, etc. and a mixed Rayquaza set that takes care of Steel-type Pokémon that might be able to check Extreme Killer Arceus, such as Ferrothorn or in the case of Arceus-Ground, Bronzong.

After I was decided about my initial core, I saw a weakness to Xerneas, Darkrai and Yveltal. I decided to use Klefki because it nicely checks all three of those Pokémon, while also being a blanket check to other things such as Mega Salamence, some Mewtwo variants, and more.

Next up, having noticed my weakness to Pokémon such as Primal Groudon and thinking that I need at least one more check to Arceus-Normal, I chose Giratina-Origin. This also provided me with a Defog user. At first, I went with a physically-offensive set, but after testing, I found out that the specially-offensive set would give me a Hex user and a Pokémon that spreads status and synergizes well with my previous ones.

Last but not least, I chose the juggernaut of ORAS Ubers,
Primal Groudon. I went for a support set with Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave (#mexicanstrats) and Rock Slide in order to check lots of Xerneas variants, Primal Kyogre etc.

In Depth

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

This is my main sweeper. It sets up on a lot of Pokémon, including Mega Diancie, Latios and even Thunder Wave/Draco Meteor Giratina-Origin variants, and poses a direct threat to the opposing team. This spread allows it to outrun positive Speed Rayquaza, Modest Latios/Mega Diancie, as well as all Dialga variants, while having some bulk with 80 HP EVs. Note: Silk Scarf can also be run.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Taunt allows me to neutralize bulky but passive Pokémon such as Chansey, Clefable, Blissey (if it does not hold Shed Shell) and Lugia, while Hex abuses my status spam, especially when it comes to Pokémon such as Arceus-Water and Arceus-Dragon after Primal Groudon uses Thunder Wave on them. Focus Blast and Destiny Bond are my ways of checking Arceus-Normal effectively, while trapping some Steel-type Pokémon that the team has trouble otherwise, such as Dialga. Destiny Bond also allows me to trade Mega Gengar for Ho-Oh, which is also annoying for this team.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

I opted for a mixed set, using Draco Meteor and V-Create to OHKO Pokémon such as Mega Salamence, Giratina-Origin, Skarmory (after Sturdy is broken), Bronzong, etc. Rayquaza also provides a decent secondary priority move user with Extreme Speed, all whilst being a threat to slow balance teams.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpA / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Block
- Dazzling Gleam

As I mentioned above, this is my main Yveltal and Darkrai check, as well as my secondary Xerneas check. Heal Block prevents the annoying Rest/Sleep Talk Geomancy Xerneas from having its way, while also annoying support Arceus variants, among other things. Spikes put pressure on the opponent, while Thunder Wave helps my Hex users and stops fast threats such as Xerneas after Geomancy, Mega Salamence, etc. Dazzling Gleam is used with 96 SpA EVs, in order to have a 78.5% chance to knock out Mega Sableye in two hits from full HP (96 SpA Klefki Dazzling Gleam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Sableye: 144-170 (47.5 - 56.1%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO). Also, in the case of Mega Diancie, it does enough damage to allow Arceus-Normal to take it down in one hit at +2 Attack with Extreme Speed (96 SpA Klefki Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Diancie: 75-88 (31.1 - 36.5%) -- 62.3% chance to 3HKO).

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 228 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Hex

My other Hex user, as well my main Primal Groudon check (except for when coming in against a Dragon Pulse mixed Primal Groudon, or a Dragon Tail variant) and my Defog user. Toxic allows it to put a timer on Pokémon such as Primal Groudon and Arceus-Ground, which therefore enables it to inflict massive damage on both of them with Hex.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide

My main Xerneas and Primal Kyogre check. Thunder Wave synergizes excellently with both Rock Slide for flinches, and of course paralyzing any switch-in to it, such as Arceus-Water, Arceus-Dragon, Giratina-Origin, Rayquaza, Yveltal, Latios, etc. allowing my two Hex users to capitalize on that. Mega Gengar benefits from this greatly, since it can knock out both of the aforementioned Arceus in two hits (252 SpA Mega Gengar Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 222-262 (50 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, for example), allowing it to use Destiny Bond for other threats such as Ho-Oh or opposing Primal Groudon.
Threat List
This Pokémon is sort of annoying to play against. It can only come "for free" against Klefki (and even then it runs the risk of getting paralyzed) and poses a threat by using Brave Bird after it does so. However, with the other five Pokémon in the team, it can definitely be played around. For example, Mega Gengar can trap and play mindgames with it using Destiny Bond, or even KO it with Hex if its HP is low. Additionally, Primal Groudon can take it down with Rock Slide, while Giratina-O's Hex deals massive damage to it once it has been paralyzed or poisoned.
The Toxic variant is annoying for this team, since it's the only set that Arceus cannot set up on. The Thunder Wave variants are annoying, but since Arceus runs Recover, it can Recover up after getting hit by Draco Meteor, set up Swords Dance and pose an immediate threat for the opposing team. The Thunder variants are the easiest ones to deal with.

The Choice Banded Life Orb Knock Off variants can be annoying, but this team is definitely able to play around it, thanks to Klefki and Destiny Bond if needed.

The Fire Blast variant could potentially pose a threat if played right by the opponent. But, again, it can be played around due to my two priority users. If it doesn't run Fire Blast, Klefki can deal with it a lot better.

Replays

Gunner Rohan using it in BLT: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-404699167
Shoutouts
The Lady Arii Stella for helping me a lot in writing and formatting this. This RMT probably wouldn't exist without you. :) PS. DarkCeus > RockCeus. :P
Transcendent God Champion/Immanent God LANCE/チャンピオンワタル, one of the best players on this site, for making the banner, proof-reading this Rate My Team thread and making a lot of edits to it in order to make it look as pleasant as possible.
Lord Outrage for being one of my best friends on this site and my brother.
VictoriasDelibirds for being one of my oldest friends on here.
Haruno for his goofy polls and because why the hell not?
Hack for the good tests these last days and teaching me some good stuff in general about this game. Don't roast me too much with your rating, should you make one. :P
Fireburn for loving me so much that he wants me to be a %.
Minority Suspect for his love for Greek music.
Astounded another great player. Love our latest teambuilding conversations.
Dilwar ayyy lmoa.
Starmei 'vix givl upi.
Earth lovely user and a great friend. Sorry I forgot you!!!
user php hot gril. ;)
Cranham for being bottom 5. :D
orch for the good mon discussions we have ocassionally.
Pohjis for being a good friend over the years.
GunnerRohan for being a poopy and leaving. Come the fuck back.
SparksBlade for being a massive poopy and "leaving".
Lacus Clyne for your weird jokes. They crack me up. What a nerd.
Mysterious M for being a fellow Greek. #GreekMasterRace
ZoroarkForever for the #It'sFrenchTime.
hyw for the music discussions and the weird stuff he always says.
WreckDra for making me to listen to more Jazz.
Aquasition for being one of the coolest dudes in the Ubers room.
Jhonx~ mi hijo.
Leru for being hot.
LJDarkrai for being fat.
Crestfall ^Ditto. I love you both.
xJoelituh Learn Spanish, noob.
Samqian sorry I forgot you. :(
Yogibears for helping me in NU. :)
PrinceLucian for being an awesome NU teambuilder.
Shadowtags my NU tutor.
absdaddy need I say more? Keep on being awesome.
magsyy one of the best shitposters in the room. Can't deny such skills.
Vileman for carrying on Trout's spirit and being a good friend.
Antacool for showing me those crazy sets. :P
LucosDICampos for the drunk moments in the Ubers room.
darrell1297 for helping me test out this team, among other things.
rileydelete for our good One Piece discussions.
DracoMaster Dab WTF come back, you idiot.
Parameter come back for MGS...
Aurora for appreciating my music and having those nice conversations on PS!.
Aberforth for our old days on the Ubers ladder. Kinda miss them but I wanna avoid the inevitable heart attack after raging too hard.
shrang for being a fellow dictator probably the most dedicated RO in the Ubers room.
If I forgot someone, I'm sorry. I love you all and tried to include as many as possible. :)

Last edited:
This is definitely one of the most solid ORAS Ubers teams this generation, and I'm glad to have been able to test with it, privileged enough to use it, and elated that it's finally finished.

It's a little late, but I'll be sure to give this a solid rate in the next few days.

Overall, this is a team to be proud of, James Jimmy, and one I can see being used for years to come!

Edit: Just moved into a new college dorm, and have a lot of downtime. Expect the rate soon.

Last edited:
I like how creative you got with some of the movesets (Toxic/Hex Gira-O|Heal Block Klef etc.) I don't see those very often so you could definitely catch people off guard and one suggestion for a move change would be roar on Pdon to easily keep out Geoxern and other mons who try to set up, but thunder wave works well too for shutting other mons down. But other than that this is a really good ORAS team that you put time into and me and many others will hopefully look forward to trying out and I'll try my best to give you a rate on this team within the next week ^_^. PS: Nice Banner and really cool name for the team!

Hello there, The Lady (your slayer) herself wants to give you a rate.
Haha jokes aside, solid team JJ and thanks for the shoutout.

As you know status spam in ORAS Ubers has became pretty popular and your team is an example of it. Anyway, I think the matchup versus other Hex teams might be stressful for you since this makes your team lose the offensive pressure especially if you're trying to boost Ekiller, this is why you should consider Lum Berry over Life Orb on Arceus-Normal; using this item your matchup will improve against status spammers such as Giratina-O, Klefki or Arceus supports.
The rest is fine I've played with this team and it's very good and easy to use, Will-O-Wisp can be an option on Giratina-O because of opposing Klefkis and Groundceus.

Thanks for share it. ^~^

Hello there, The Lady (your slayer) herself wants to give you a rate.
Haha jokes aside, solid team JJ and thanks for the shoutout.

As you know status spam in ORAS Ubers has became pretty popular and your team is an example of it. Anyway, I think the matchup versus other Hex teams might be stressful for you since this makes your team lose the offensive pressure especially if you're trying to boost Ekiller, this is why you should consider Lum Berry over Life Orb on Arceus-Normal; using this item your matchup will improve against status spammers such as Giratina-O, Klefki or Arceus supports.
The rest is fine I've played with this team and it's very good and easy to use, Will-O-Wisp can be an option on Giratina-O because of opposing Klefkis and Groundceus.

Thanks for share it. ^~^
Hello there, Lady. You forgot to address me as "Sir James Jimmy" and even though that's a perma-bannable offense normally, I will let it pass...for now. :P
I will definitely give a try to Lum on E-Killer (Gunner's favorite). About Will-O-Wisp: It's a good option, and it will enable me to hit Dialga on the switch-in, in order to annoy it, but I will lose the option of statusing Primal Groudon (since Klefki needs Heal Block and I can't use Toxic on it). That's the tricky part about it. Thank you for the rate and the suggestions!

Last edited:

Wings of Night

I COULD BE BANNED!
Pretty solid team man. I always liked how this team utilises mixed Ray to 'lure' common ekiller checks so it can sweep easier.

The only change I would consider is running Protect over Taunt on Mega Gengar so you can check jolly Ekiller variants easier because Giratina-O kinda struggles to do that and even without taunt you should be able to deal with chans/bliss builds regardless although I see the niche in taunting Lugia.

Anyways Like I said I think this is a pretty solid team and I'm gonna steal it :v

Maybe I should have included it in the RMT. In the first version of the team, I was running Protect / Destiny Bond with 2 attacks on Gengar. So I guess it's a personal preference. But yes. You can definitely try Protect. I just felt it's not needed because I always find some way to mega evolve for free. In any case, thanks for the rating and feel free to steal!

Last edited:
Was expecting MGS 0/10

Well, it seems like a good team. Hex M-Gar without its own status move or T-Spikes support seems iffy, but this team makes it worth. What's with the Defense EVs on Ray?

The Defense EVs on Ray are for a very rare scenario. Normally, you have 40 SpA leftover EVs that do nothing. But I saw and realized that 44 Def EVs do this:
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 336-396 (96.2 - 113.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 44 Def Rayquaza: 318-376 (91.1 - 107.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

In the rare scenario where your Giratina-Origin is weakened/has fainted, Rayquaza has a really good chance (factoring in the miss chance) to survive a Stone Edge from a +2 Speed Primal Groudon and hit it back with Draco Meteor. It has saved me a few times from getting swept. 40 SpA EVs honestly do nothing. Now, you may ask: "How much actual difference does 212 Attack have with 252?". Well, it's about 1% as seen in these examples:
252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 187-222 (50.9 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
212 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 185-218 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And here:
252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 200 Def Xerneas: 242-286 (61.5 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
212 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 200 Def Xerneas: 238-281 (60.5 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You get the idea. It's a nitpick, not gonna lie, but at least it might do something in case of an emergency.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I appreciate the optimisation that has gone into this team and it's very solid; glad it made sample teams, anyways one idea that came across my mind is using Water Arceus over ExtremeKiller Arceus. Even this isn't much of a solid change, but more of a trade off that outweighs the positives over the negatives in my opinion, you gain a solid check to Ho-oh, something this kinda build could appreciate and I think you underestimate Ho-oh as a threat from our discussions. You still retain the matchup required against Diancie etc, have a slightly more improved Salamence and Rayquaza matchup and deal with Excadrill leads better, you can run a Arceus water with enough speed to outspeed Jolly Rayquaza too. Deo-a becomes more a threat to this team, I understand that, but its definately workable, with Klefki + Rayquaza.

I understand you're adamant about Taunt on Gengar, but you really need protect on Gengar, especially if you decide to keep ExtremeKiller Arceus, so you can safely trade Gengar in a pinch Versus opposing ExtremeKiller Arceus or to avoid Ho-oh / SD Arceus's basically getting a free kill in some scenarios, Toxic Giratina isn't really much of a Extremekiller check once it's worn down.

I wish I could give this a more defined rate, since the changes basically boil down to personal preference at this point, what weaknesses you wanna trade off and how you wanna handle certain threats in scenarios. Except for Protect > Taunt on Gengar, this team is generally solid and one of the most defining Gengar BO's out there next to Hacks Squad, so good job!

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)