Role Playing Philosopher's Stone War VI - Postgame

for the record, like von inferred. I have my own (different) thoughts about how to change PSW stuff based on what I've seen in my game. But I'm trying to focus the game down to a reasonable size (4 or fewer people) before I go about jotting them down and fleshing them out.

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
responding to von's post now:

INFO

I feel that if we're going to have info on enemy champions be influential in the outcomes of fights, then either it needs to provide a concrete, numerical advantage (easily the simpler method to implement, but fairly bland), or abilities will need to be designed in such a way as to allow informed opponents to play around, ignore, or lessen the impact of abilities (this is the more interesting and probably the more desirable option, but would require a lot more effort and creativity to make work).

In general, here, I agree with von more than FH: I think knowledge of an opponent's identity and powers isn't really impactful enough.

3 HP

Not much I have to say here, other than generally liking the change. I do want to clarify something though: is the special coup action the ONLY way to kill a summoner? You mentioned on discord that this action should be melee-only. What if Archer drops a summoner to 0 HP from two hundred feet away and just keeps shooting them, or an enemy summoner does the same thing with spells? If these actions don't kill a downed summoner outright, how much more damage does it take to kill them at this point?

SPELLS

I'm no designer, so I feel I don't have much to contribute to this particular discussion, honestly. I agree that the systems of spells we've tried in the past are quite lacking and just never feel particularly good to use outside a few edge case near-mandatory spells such as Fly and Dimension Door, so something new and homebrewed would be a good addition as long as it's properly thought-out.

FEATS

My feelings here are largely the same as spells; pretty much everything there applies here too.

PARADIGMS

I'm gonna be honest, I never particularly liked the RPS system, because it felt like you didn't generally have an incentive to pick any particular option other than to try to win the matchup. While this does have shades of the same thing, being able to invest further in it and make meaningful choices beyond just "will the other guy roll what i think he's rolling?" goes a long way towards fixing what I disliked about RPS. Obviously, this is going to need playtesting to make sure it's balanced, but that goes for everything on the list anyway.

SKILLS

See spells/feats; skills have always felt really lacking, and honestly they've historically been one of the weak points of PF/DnD5e as a whole anyway. A homebrew system that makes the choices actually matter would go a long way to making character builds feel more interesting and relevant.

That's about all I really have right now; I've been somewhat uninvested in PSW lately due to various reasons (not the least of which is getting a new job that takes up much of my time and energy), so I'm probably going to be less able to answer pertinent questions than more recent players. I do look forward to seeing what fixes and systems everyone comes up with and will do my best to help where I can.

editing this in because i forgot:

re: new ideas

This isn't really a "new" idea, really, but I feel that we really need some way to encourage players to interact and/or initiate conflict earlier and more often, so that games don't drag on so long without anything happening as seems to be a recurring problem. We've experimented in the past with introducing objectives for players to fight over. I think this is probably worth exploring some more; von already mentioned leylines in his post, and that's probably worthwhile if we can get mana to matter more than it has (which also was addressed by suggesting it be used to power up spells).

We can probably go a bit further than that, however. In the source material PSW draws from (the Fate canon), objects and people tend to grow in power with historical/literary importance and relevance. What if we assume something similar is the case for PSW? We could introduce items and artifacts that were owned by historical figures other than the champions in the current game as magical trinkets that players can track down and use to help them in the war. This is something that just sprung to mind, and I don't really have any concrete examples right now, but I think this is worth considering, both as a way to spice up the map itself and as a way to get players into conflict with each other sooner.

Last edited:
So just to explain my view on information.

I really really dislike the current system of information as it's been run in my game. The way it's been thus far

1. It's disruptive to host
When I'm hosting a battle, even if it's post-by-post, it has been so annoying to have to keep track of what information everyone has seen of someone else. It's just another, frankly unnecessary step in the process that slows things down. But for the style that exists in PSW5/6, it's critical to keep track of this in order to make the information roll to determine what someone gets. Frankly, if I host another one, this would be the biggest reason why I change it. I just see as it stands, information puts too much meaningless stress on the host, and I don't think enough good comes from it.

2. It removes mystery/adds too much clarity

As it currently stands, someone can just go "I share what I know about (champion)" with someone else. It's ideal because otherwise they are just c/ping paragraphs. But I think it's really a major drawback to the game. For one, it helps someone's literal role PM get spread around, but in addition, it limits someone's ability to trick someone.

When you remove the ability to get someone's role PM through information, the focus is then placed on the players ability to record and verbally describe the effect. Though this method, it then becomes possible to lie about someone's role PM. Lying can serve many important functions here. It can cause someone to misprioritize an enemy based on the incorrect statement. It can lead to someone falsely being prepared to encounter the foe or frankly, it can disguise the players own actions and blame them on another.

Role PM gaining makes all of that significantly harder because truthful sharing is near instantaneous with full paragraphs that can't be easily faked. In addition, it sets up a truthful player to be able to describe in detail from those paragraphs the effects. This is compared to the new method, where what people know is only taken from the descriptions.

3. It makes players too reluctant to use their abilities
This has gone for multiple people this game. People have been straight up reluctant to use abilities because they don't know if that will be the thing that helps a player ID them. For a lot of champions, they want to keep their name hidden because they feel like it might be too closely connected to their kit, especially when their kit involves some kind of trickery. But also, because information is so easy to share, once you use an ability, it becomes super easy for everyone else in the game to know about it. Mind you, this won't entirely change in the new system. However, by going from "hey host, pass this" to "oh crap, I need to now explain it in my own words", it does preserve some aura of mystery and allows for hilarious "telephone" games where abilities get confused and muddled.

4. It lets people keep aces up their sleeves
When I run this game, I ultimately prioritize fun. Not balance, not fairness. This is because ultimately, fun is why we play the game. Fun keeps people coming back and while fairness and balance are important, no one earnestly signs up for this game because they expect everything to be perfectly balanced. In this vein, I think one of the most fun plays is when you get caught in a situation, but have just the absolute perfect skill for that situation and get to essentially play a trump card.

In the current system, this is a bit harder to do. Everyone is aware that players have 2-3 main abilities, sometimes with multiple effects coming from that ability. But the more you can go back to a PM and say "oh, it's that ability, they probably can't do much more" the more a champion becomes expected and predictable.

Now to be clear, I do not believe that if someone has all the information on an enemy, they should win. That's just silly. But, I do believe that if a player has a really good handle on what someone else's kit is, they can naturally try to lead them to traps or force encounters in unfavorable terms. In addition, quite a few champions naturally have weaknesses that can be exploited if you have the right information.

But I do not believe having information on someone means you should auto win. Instead, I think having information, allows a player to excel and strategize to use that information to their benefit, and if they are successful, and account for possible trump cards from that champion, then they are statistically likely to win the fight. But this is hard, and intentionally so, but it also gives a player a chance to truly shine when they can pull it off.

For the record, the new method I plan to run is:
The only host confirmed information received, is when a champion uses a trademark, in which case all witnesses automatically learns their name and the name of their trademark.
Skills will have clear and consistent visual and audio cues that will help to indicate what someone is doing.
When abilities impact someone, unless something is meant to be tricky, the effects will be clearly labeled. Ie if someone does something that reduces your AC, you will be told this.

But again really, at the end of the day, this comes down to mechanical issues. From my perspective as the host, the way PSW handles information requires too much of my time and energy, and I don't think the results are worth the effort. If someone really wanted to keep the current way going, then I guess they could volunteer next PSW to keep track of all of that stuff but then again, I don't think that would be a good, productive use of someone's time.

The new system I want to use however, is minimalist and let's people scheme more, it lets people more freely use their abilities without the fear that it'll let people guess their name. It allows people to keep more mystery about their champion and avoid everyone getting their role PM. But furthermore, at the end of the day, it puts more power into the hands of the player and forces them to pay more attention to the enemy and their capabilities, and let's me (and other GM's) focus more on running the game at a consistent pace.

At this point though, especially after writing that. I think it's impossible to discuss this thoroughly without avoiding spoilers. Even if it's for dead characters, I would prefer to keep all spoilers to a minimum in a public setting.

In addition, along with that, I don't think players can fairly give their opinions of information this game without invoking those same spoilers.

For that reason, I am going to ask we stop a lot of this conversation for the meanwhile, and do come back to it when the game is closer to ending and we don't have to worry so much about spoilers.

Last edited:
Day 5
Berserker aka Odin has been eliminated
Savior aka Tenskwatawa has been eliminated
Assassin aka Pierre Picaud has been eliminated
Caster aka Thomas Edison has been eliminated
Knight aka Anubis has been eliminated

The following players have also lost their summoner and thus, are out of the game
Agape
Pyra
LightWolf
Ullar

As such, the remaining players in the game are
Hitmonleet
MoodyCloud
Maxim

??? What's this? huh, it seems like oddish never had a character to begin with, how strange.

A powerful storm is going to hit the island at 1pm in game. Currently, weather is strong winds and heavy rain.
Mysterious zombie like creatures have been unleashed on the island, related to this, the follow message appears in your heads as you wake up

????? said:
I....will....I will keep them away from the city. Head there if you wish to avoid the hoard.
Overseer said:
You 3 have 72 hours for day plans, so up to April 2nd at 5pm PST.

Few days...haha....thank you to everyone for waiting as long as you did for this.

Overview
It had been almost 2 years since PSW 5 ended. Because I thoroughly enjoyed that experience, I wanted to bring it back and let a new generation of players experience it as well. Compared to PSW 5, few changes were made. Because I had never played a full PSW before, I relied heavily on Von for a lot of the set up and that led to a lot of similarities such as using the same base stats and RPS combat. There were a few new additions though
  1. Order Spells being divided into defensive/offensive/utility
  2. More unique summoners
  3. New map/setting
  4. My own hosting style

I liked that everyone had essentially two lives in the form of their defensive OS. Ultimately though, I feel like Order Spells are a really wild and hard element to control. They essentially give a player a freeform option to do something, and trying to balance those options is really challenging and time consuming, especially in the middle of a fight.
If I were to do this again, I would probably define Order Spell usage a little more. In particular, I would balance the defensive OS to be a little less powerful later in the game and give some better examples of the Offensive and Utility OS's.
This game saw a lot more Summoner combat than previous PSW's and in particular, Summoners were more of a target than in the past. Going from PSW 5, I reduced the HP of summoners from 200 to 100 and also gave them access to a pathfinder wizard spell list (with some modifications).

This meant that with those spells, Summoners were a force to be reckoned with and could seriously trip up champions with some of the brutal no-save spells that exist.

Overall, I think summoners still need to be more diverse and I think it's best to move away from the rigid "they are wizards" and allow for more unique builds.
I like getting away from Amesbury, UK and the fantasy maps of past PSW's. I think having the battle be set on the Hawaiian islands added a nice bit of culture, diversity and terrain. I think rotating the location of future PSW's would be a good idea.

According to Von himself, his hosting style focuses largely on getting people to battles and making them happen. In comparison, I liked to focus on the more mundane elements such as exploration and interaction with NPC's and the environment. Unfortunately, the added nuance caused this PSW to also take quite awhile to finish, but I also hope that it added more fun to the game itself.

I also chose to spice stuff up by putting in some prebuilt island history and secret locations to explore. The most prevalent of which, were the Cave and the Niihau. The Niihau are based loosely off of unnamed monsters from Lanai's real life history and would spawn whenever someone mana killed an NPC. While 1-5 wouldn't be such a big deal, they were still capable of causing trouble because the only way to really damage them, was to harm them via mana (which only berserker was capable of). Ironically, zerker ended up being the one to create the most niihau and died before he could get around to killing them. The Cave meanwhile held a Secondary Stone, a less powerful version of the Philosophers stone that could effectively give the person who found it a bonus Order Spell. However, the cave also held a hoard of Niihau and was protected by a barrier that prevented champions from entering. Which meant the only way to actually acquire it, was to either risk your champions life, or to destroy the barrier and unleash the niihau hoard and then go back and reclaim it. The Knight/Rider/Caster team succeeded at part of this, but failed to go back in and investigate the cave. Unfortunate for Knight and Caster because they both could have really used an extra OS as it would have prevented their deaths.

I think the added but optional story elements gave people something to do when they weren't hunting for people, it also rewarded people who explored the environment by giving them tools they could use to lure people into traps.

8th Place - Monk - Internet
You are Martin Luther
HP: 360
Attack: +11
AC: 20
Damage: 3d8+20
Saves: 13/13/13
CMB: 15
CMD: 27

Class: Monk's Divination
The Monk can detect uses of magic in a half mile radius area around her, both instantaneous and ongoing. Monk may detect mana founts in a 1,000 ft radius.

Class: Monk’s Meditation
The Monk may spend an hour in meditation to gain 5 mana. This can be done up to 6 times a day.

Class: Counterattack
Whenever someone targeting the monk misses due to disadvantage, the monk may make a bonus basic attack against the foe.

Personal #1
Universal Priesthood
Monk starts the game without a summoner. This allows him to have 0 - 5 spells like a summoner as well as 3 order spells. He may also create mana founts like a summoner and if someone should attempt to scry on his summoner the attempt will fail and Monk will be informed. Spells may not be used in combat if opponent could RPS attack in the same round.

Monk may also cast Commune, lasting 5 rounds, once per day.

As a swift action, the Monk may proselytize once per turn. This permanently lowers target champion's Will save against him by 1 and does an amount of nonlethal damage equal to 25 minus their will save. If the champion's HP hits zero due to this nonlethal damage, they immediately seek forgiveness and can never be an adversary to Monk for the rest of the war. If all living champions have sought forgiveness, Monk wins the war. If a champion dies who has sought forgiveness, his summoner may help Monk win in order to gain a 2nd place victory.

Personal #2: Diet of Worms
Whenever Monk must make a saving throw, he may roll that saving throw as if he had advantage. By spending 5 mana at the start of a turn he allows himself to roll X dice when he has advantage, where X is the number of other champions in combat +1. By spending 10 mana instead he can cause one of these effects for that turn: All hits become misses and all misses become hits, or when a target has disadvantage, they roll X dice and take the lowest, where X is the number of other champions in combat +1.

Trademark: Catachism
At the cost of 100 mana, Monk may borrow another Champion if he knows their name. This effect lasts for 24 hours. During that time, their summoner is held in sanctuary, where they will in no way be harmed. Cannot be used on the same Champion twice per game or on more than one Champion at a time. Cannot harm a borrowed Champion.

RPS Attacks
Rock: Ninety-five Theses
Monk sacrifices a spell, dealing 1d2 extra nonlethal damage per spell level. Combo: Deals 1 extra damage per successful hit.

Paper: Salvation
Monk sacrifices a spell, gaining temporary HP equal to 2 times the spell level.

Scissors: Reformation
On hit, all combatants who fail a DC 16 Will save may not take a hostile action next turn. Monk (and any allies due to abilities) may not take a hostile action against such opponents next turn, except to proselytize.

Skills
Kn: Religion +15
Kn: History +15
Diplomacy +15
Perception +15
Heal +15
Kn: Local +10
Athletics +15
Sense Motive +15
Spellcraft +15
People really complained about this champion and it's not hard to understand why. As long as he has a champions name, he could essentially knock someone out of the game for a day and use their champion as an unwavering ally. In addition, though nl damage, he could prevent someone from killing him, ouch. Him not having a summoner was a nice twist, it allowed him to be mildly weaker than other pairs because he essentially had 1 fewer action a round. But it also removed a typical weakness that other pairs had.

Playerwise, I think this champion's style didn't mesh well with the way internet wanted to play. Because it was so powerful, it was anticipated that other people would want to target him as soon as it was revealed what he did, however that wasn't something internet understood and ended up disliking the fact he was a priority target for most of the game. With the exception of one, Caster. Monk and Caster created a super strong alliance within the first few hours of the game and managed to not betray each other until they were taken down by a combination of Savior/Rider/Archer/Knight and Berserker. Even then, Monk was able to escape. Until Caster, who had taken Archers trojan horse, was tricked into activating Archer's trademark, which allowed Archer to get the finishing blow on Monk.

7th Place - Berserker - Agape
You are Odin

HP: 380
Attack: +12
Damage: 6d6+20
Saves: 13/13/11
CMB: 14
CMD: 24

Class: Berserker's Rage. The Berserker has three levels of rage that empower her. These can be activated once per turn using a Berserk Attack, a damage bonus to regular RPS attack. Each round requires an amount of mana to maintain and level 1 and 2 can be ended at anytime. Level 3 however can only be ended by spending additional mana or when the champion runs out of mana.

Level 1 (Berserker Attack +5 Damage)
Prevents the champion from speaking but deals +1d6 damage and costs 5 mana per round to maintain.

Level 2 (Berserker Attack +10 damage)
Prevents uses of most active skills, reduces AC by 2, adds +1 to attack. This costs 10 mana to maintain per round.

Level 3 (Berserker Attack +15)
The third level puts the Berserker completely out of control, having her attack at random (Including their summoner), but gains +1d6 damage. This costs 10 mana per round to maintain but 25 mana to end.

Personal #1: Huginn and Muninn Berserker controls two Ravens that he may use to Scout for him. These ravens appear slightly larger than normal ravens however it is difficult to determine them as abnormal unless carefully observed. They can be directed to scout and will telepathically inform Odin of news. They may be asked to follow someone however they will receive a penalty to stealth when doing this. When Berserker is enraged they each attack on their own with Berserkers attack modifier and 1d4+1/2d4+2/4d4+4 damage each. These ravens may be attacked and die out of combat and if they do, automatically respawn next to Berserker.

Personal #2: All Father
Berserker may at any time spend his blood to empower his mana by spending 1 HP for 1 mana. He may also consult Mimir, a head he keeps with him at all times to grant him +20 to knowledge skills.
In addition, at each rage level, Berserker gains additional benefits.
At level 1 Berserker receives True Seeing
At level 2 Berserkers movement can't be stopped or hindered by any means and he recives an additional +10 movement speed.
At level 3 Berserker can't be effected by any conditions placed on him by others except HP 0

Trademark: Ulfhednar
For 25 mana while out of combat, Berserker may travel on the 6 legged horse, Sleipnir, to any champion whose location is known to his ravens or him by using his rainbow bridge. As part of this ability, he makes a charge attack against them, automatically hitting and if they are over 75% HP, deals double damage.

Using his legendary spear, Gungnir, he may channel mana into its runes. Doing so will increase his next attack by +1 for every 5 mana spent. He may also, as a standard action, throw Gungnir up to 60 ft. The spear does 4d6+10 damage and if this hits an opponent, prevents them from moving from that spot unless they spend a full action to remove the spear. Upon removing the spear, the target must make a DC 18 Fort save or lose 5 movement speed until the next time they rest. As a free action, Odin may recall the spear to his hand. If possible, the spear will travel in a straight , direct line back to Odin, possibly striking any targets in the way.

RPS
Rock: Keen Blow
Causes 3 bleed. Stacks. Can be ended with a DC 15 heal check or any magical healing.

Paper: Sunder
On hit, casts Dispel Magic on target. Deals 5 mana damage if there is no spell effect to be dispelled.

Scissors: Coordinated Attack
Ravens attack with advantage. On hit Ravens automatically hit as well.

Skills
Acrobatics +15
Climb +15
Perception +10
Stealth +10
Disguise +15

Eilífir "Eili" Eiðursson.

HP: 120
Attack: +8
AC: 17
Damage: 1d6+5 melee
Initative: +2
Saves: 4/4/6

Perception +10
Stealth +10
Disguise +10
Escape Artist +10
Heal +5
Acrobatics +3
Spellcraft +2

+2 level 1 spell slots
Agape probably deserved to be higher, his play was very nuanced and strategic and his champion was also insanely strong. His two ravens gave him plenty of information and his trademark let him put heavy pressure on most of the game, even when he was resting. In fights he had insane damage and was able to easily hold his own event against multiple opponents. This was most evident in his initial fight, agape was lured into attacking Monk/Caster after his ravens spotted 3 strange looking individuals. Because he wasn't yet aware that Monk lacked a summoner, he was a little bamboozled when he ended up having to fight 2v1. Despite this, the early damage from his trademark let him nearly kill Caster before getting away, taking two of Caster's order spells with him. Unfortunately, monk was able to track him via Archer's totem on him, so he was forced to leave the totem behind.

He then worked heavily with Rider while he rested, which was great, until the fight at Hotel Lanai resulted in Monk capturing Zerker and using him for the next 24 hours. The next time Zerker got to play was during the Battle of Saviortown, where he popped in twice and beat up Savior some, then peaced out.

By the point he died, the gamestate had shifted a lot. Rider was no longer working as closely with him, and more importantly, Archer was too spooked by the ravens to want this champion to live long. Using some clever logic and his hunting skill, Archer tracked Zerker down to the boat he was hiding on. The resulting battle was probably one of the best in the whole game, with Archer, backed up by several totems (Savior's, Caster's, and Zerker's own) fighting Zerker on a boat. Even as strong as Archer was and as injured and depleted as Zerker was, Zerker put up one hell of a fight and the fight came down to a single attack, where if Archer had missed, Zerker would have slain him.

6th Place - Savior - Pyra
You are Tenskwatawa also known as The Prophet
HP: 380
Attack: +10
AC: 19
Damage: 2d8+10
Saves: 13/11/13
Spell DC: 22

Class #1: Savior's Resurrection. Once per game, upon her or her summoner dying, they may rise again in another pre-selected location of their choosing at the start of the next day. This savior may only choose a spot once. However until Tenskwatawa or his Summoner becomes revived, it is impossible to recognize them.
Class #2: Savior’s Healing. Once per round, the Savior may spend 1 mana to gain 2 HP.

Unique #1: Infectious Charisma. You gain a large bonus to diplomacy to get any non player NPC's to do as you wish. You may spend 10 minutes talking with an individual to convert them into a cultist, you may also spend an hour and 15 mana to preach in the street and convert up to 10 people. Someone converted in this way will become entirely loyal to you and at the end of the day, will automatically leave their home to travel to you base. Cultists are mindless and will only act on instruction.

They may only fight in combat as groups of 5 with the stats below.
When savior is within 30 feet of them. They gain a morale bonus of +7 HP, +2 attack, +1 AC, an additional 1d4+1 damage and saves of 6/6/15 as well as a CMB of 15 and CMD of 25.
Cultist (5)
HP: 23
Attack: +4
AC: 15
Damage: 1d4+1
Saves: 4/4/2
CMD: 15
CMB: 0

Unique #2: Spiritual Foundation. You may have your cultists work on improving and building your town. For these numbers, Savior is equal to 5 cultists and their summoner is equal to 3. Each building or trap requires mana to construct as well as a number of cultists. You may have multiple of that number of cultists working on a project to speed it up, but all projects take a minimum of an hour. (So for example, you may have 10 cultists working on a wall and it would then take 6 hours of work). All buildings besides walls and gates have an HP of 50 and a hardness of 10.

Wall
5 cultists, 5 mana, 12 hours. Construct a 20 ft long, 5 foot wide, 20 ft tall wall. Each 5ft square of wall has a health of 100 and a hardness of 20. The wall may be made taller for 2 extra mana and 2 hours for every 10 ft added up to 40.
Gate
5 cultists, 5 mana, 8 hours.
Construct a 10 foot wide, 20 ft tall gate with 60 hp and 5 hardness that may be opened or closed.
Watch tower
10 cultists, 20 mana, 8 hours, create a 30 ft tall tower that may be staffed by cultists to use their attacks as ranged attacks within 50 ft of the tower
Home
5 cultists, 2 hours, houses 10 cultists and prevents them from being fatigued
Prayer circle
15 cultists, 4 hours , Can use x cultists a day and gain 1 mana per hour for every 2 cultists. X can't be greater than 10 and can only use this ability 8 hours a day. hours.
Hospital
15 cultists, 8 hours, 10 mana, as long as 5 cultists are assigned here, resting here for 8 hours recovers 50% And 16 hours recovers 100% of health.

Oil trap
3 cultists, 2 hours, 10 mana, choose a square adjacent to a wall. When someone enters that square they take 4d6 damage with a reflex save of 20 reducing it by half.
Anti witch field
20 cultists, 12 hours, 20 mana, create an offering to the spirits which cause all spells by enemies to be suppressed when in 20 ft.
Pit
15 cultists, 4 hours, 10 mana, create a hidden 20 ft deep pit with a reflex save of 25 to avoid it. Creatures who fail this take 2d6 damage and fall in the hole.
Alarm
3 cultists, 1 hr. Create an object that when activated allows the user to telepathically send savior and their summoner a short message.

Unique #3: Wall of Faith: With your resolution of faith to reject outside sources, you may create a 20 ft long, 1 foot wide, 20 ft tall wall of force within 100 ft. This wall is clear and can be seen through. However unless a foe passes a will save of DC 29, enemies within 10 ft of the wall gain the sickened condition. Three of these walls can be created at a time and they last for one minute.

Trademark: Prophet's town.
Upon choosing the spot for your revival, Savior magically creates a single house which becomes the start of his town. This town is hidden from mortal eyes and may only be seen by champions and their summoners. You may spend 20 mana at the start of each day to shroud the outskirts of the town with a fog that obscures the vision of the town to anyone farther than 20 ft away from it. This effect also causes anyone flying in city's boarders to automatically crash. When Savior or their Summoner have been resurrected, the city will be automatically repaired if it was destroyed and will start to draw additional people every night at a rate of 1/2 it's current population or 10, whichever is greater.

When cultists are in this town, they gain +2 attack, +2 AC, and an additional 1d4+1 damage.

As your trademark, you cast a spell which causes all cultists to have DR 5/- as well as +2 attack, +1 AC and an additional 1d4+1 damage. This spell costs 50 mana and lasts for one hour. You may, as part of this spell, spend multiples of 2 mana to teleport cultists into any open squares within 30 feet of Savior.

Rock - Rally: Every Cultist within 30 ft of Savior is healed to full health. If there are no cultists around, Savior heals for 10 HP. Summoner heals for 10.
Paper - Master of Breath: Gains a +10 temporary HP shield to Savior, Summoner and Cultists and within 30 ft
Scissors - Preach: +2 to saves next turn to savior, summoner and his cultists, on hit targets automatically make any saves.

Spells
Rock: 1/day heal
Paper: 1/day holy aura
Scissors: 1/day stormbolts - Summoners auto succeed at save
Rock: 2/day wall of stone
Paper: 2/day mass bull
Scissors: 2/day blessing of fervor
Rock: 3/day shield of faith
Paper: 3/day greater dispel
Scissors: 3/day command

Skills:
Diplomacy: +15 (+10 against NPC's)
Heal +15
Perception +10
Kn: Religion +15
Savior's Summoner
HP: 105
AC: 18
Initative: +3

Perception +10
Kn: Arcana +10
Disable Device +10
Disguise +15
Spellcraft +10
A champion that can build a city - Check
A champion that can build a cult - Check
Turn PSW 5 into Simcity - Wait...

Savior had a cool, if not a little boring kit. Getting to build a city and recruit an army is really cool in my opinion. But because most of his strength was built into the Cultists, it was hard for him to engage with other people and while his strength in base was sufficient to fight off several champions, he was unable to fight ALL of them like he ended up doing.

Mechanic wise, Savior with spells ended up being one of the most broken champions itg. The spells gave him unparalleled offense and with his mooks and defensive abilities, tons of bulk. Pyra played him fairly well, but also suffered from bouts of inactivity which caused him to miss a few important timely actions. He also unfortunately got noticed by his initial kidnapping, resulting in him being a big player of both D2 and D3.

In fact, it was his city that managed to unite all 8 champions within the frame of a few hours (7 battled at once, but Assassin didn't directly take part in that, instead Assassin visited in disguise before getting other people to attack Savior by putting a bounty on his head). That battle used up Savior's first life and ruined most of his build up. He ultimate died after Assassin tricked him into acquiring most of the police force, armed with suicide bomber vests. Assassin planed to use these vests to get Savior to blow up his own cult, but Archer instead hacked into the wireless signal of the bombs and accidentally blew them up. Still, Savior managed to escape into the forest until he encountered Rider and Caster who finished him off.

5th Place - Assassin - Lightwolf
You are the Assassin Pierre Picaud, better known in fiction as Edmond Dantes.
Attack: +11
Damage: 3d8+20
Saves: 11/13/13
CMB: 13
CMD: 25

Class: Assassin's Stealth.
Out of combat the Assassin is always assumed to be hiding so well that no one can see her unless she chooses to be seen (this is not invisibility).

Class: Assassin’s Toolkit.
She can increase any skill check after it is rolled by spending 5 mana per +2 to the roll.

Class: Sneak Attack.
The assassin performs a sneak attack whenever their target is unaware of them or when they have advantage. This will usually trigger bonuses on their rps attacks. Sneak Attack does +15 damage.

Personal: Count of Monte Cristo.
You will be masquerading as a human controlled NPC, an overseer to the war. Under this role, you will be allowed to arrange PSWIII style events and for a cost in mana, bestow upon other champions blessing, whether real or fake. Another player will be pretending to play, to give the illusion that there is a real Assassin.

You can give any of the following buffs to other players:

• 1 mana for +4 HP.
  • 3 mana for +1 additional attack
  • 3 mana for +2 initiative
  • 3 mana to increase one save roll by +2
  • 5 mana for +1 AC
  • 10 mana to increase weapon damage die one stage.
A maximum of 10 mana can be spent buffing one player per day. The mana is increased for the number of days you wish the buff to be applied.

You can also FAKE the same bluffs. The first fake buff per day (including ones that run multiple days) is free. Each extra buff costs half the mana price of a real one, rounded up.

You may ALSO give players additional Order spells. This costs 40 mana, plus 40 mana for each time you have used this ability. To FAKE giving an Order spell, it costs 20 mana, plus 20 mana for each fake Order spell you have given previously.

You will have a high degree of wealth and affluence on the island the game takes place on. This allows you to have a say in the morning update as well as access to police information about the happenings of the island. You can also effortlessly pass yourself off as any NPC. You can't "play" these characters for obvious reasons, so you should "program" intricately in how you want to interact with other players.

Personal: Enfer Château d'If.
As a full round action, you may walk through any wall as though there were a magic door that only Assassin and anyone he chooses can pass through. This ability takes a full round action for every 5 ft of material (so you can use two full round actions to go through 10 feet of material by idling the first full round action in preparation and then on the second round use both to do the deed). Assassin only needs 4 hours of rest to avoid being fatigued.

Trademark: Attendre, Espérer

By manipulating other players into following your elaborate plans, then revealing your identity at a key moment, you will inflict one of these effects on one champ per revenge. Additionally, these cost 50 mana.

Self-Infliction: Champ injures themselves for half their total HP. Cannot be healed. Command spell can heal, but target will bleed out again the course of two days.
Madness: Champ loses control in the same way that a level 3 Berserker does. Command spell can suppress for a day.
Poverty: Summoner can gain no more mana and champ will lose mana at the reduced rate of 10/20/30 etc. until disappearing. Command spell can gain up to 100 lost mana that stays even after the turn is over.

Each effect lasts until Assassin is killed (or if on Savior, if Savior uses their extra life).

RPS attacks
Rock: Deals +2 additional damage for every 50 HP the target is missing. On sneak attack, deal 1 bleed damage for each 50 HP missing (last three turns, doesn't stack).
Paper: On hit the target is staggered for one turn. On sneak attack they are dazed instead. The target can remove this condition as a free action by spending 10 mana.
Scissors: Assassin backs away 10 feet. On sneak attack, gain concealment from the target unless the target is within 5 ft of assassin.

Skills
Stealth +20
Bluff +15
Diplomacy +15
Disguise +15
Escape Artist +15
Sense Motive +10
Acrobatics +15
Intimidate +15
Assassins Summoner
Name: ???

HP: 100
Initiative: +2

Skills
Bluff +10
Climb +10
Kn: religion +10
Kn: Arcana +10
Shoutouts again to Oddish. for agreeing to be a fake player and maintain the ruse that LW was actually just the overseer. A few players speculated that the overseer might be a player, but it wasn't truly realized until too late for most people. Part of this was because LW was very inactive for the first few days, only observing people (which was hard when he didn't know what people looked like) and his initial plots largely failed (such as the fake skydiving event).

Largely, his role as an overseer went underutilized which means that the buff ability of his never got used. He did however manage to get knight into his trap and in the other super cool batter of this PSW, nearly managed to take him out. However, a combination of bad luck and choice of opponent led to Knight slaying him in another battle that came down to a final hit. Although to my memory, he never took much of the lead in the team conversations, he still played really well and was a good support player to his allies. His 1v1 potential also meant he was in strong contention for the win. But was unluckily caught in Assassins trap and nearly killed. Although he won the so called "fight of the champions" (as LW and Maxim have both won PSW's before), it cost him his order spells and Knight sadly died as a result of mana loss after their plan to create a philosophers stone failed. Maxim continued on to witness and assist Rider in the final fight.

4th Place - Caster - Ullar
You are Thomas Edison, better known as the Wizard of Menlo Park
HP: 350
Damage: 3d6+20
Saves: 11/13/13
CMD: 23

Spell DC: 22

Innate Ability: Caster's Concentration.
By sharing mental energy, the Caster's summoner can use up to three concentration spells at once. In addition Caster automatically succeeds when casting defensively and is always assumed to be doing so.

Innate Ability: Caster’s Spells
You may recall any spell already cast this day or spell slot by spending 10 mana per spell level. You can cast any 1-5 wizard spell except from your opposition schools (Enchantment, Necromancy). Casting a spell costs 5 times its spell level, with a 5 mana discount for Transmutation spells (to a minimum of 1 mana).

Unique #1: 1,000 Patents.

By touching an object, Caster may copy it's design into his mind. He may then at any time after spend time and mana to upgrade the item. As a standard action, he may magically recreate the improved item in his hand or in an adjacent open space.

By seeing an champion ability in action, Caster may spend four hours to turn it into a unique invention. Any invention requires Electricity to use.

When Caster kills an enemy, he can frame any champion he's made an invention from for the kill.

Unique #2: The Wizard of Menlo Park
Caster begins the game with the following inventions, each of which is stored and usable from within his rubber suit. This rubber suit also protects him from electricity and the first 5 damage dealt every round.

Fluoroscope
Caster may as a swift action gaze through walls and other surfaces within 50 ft. For 10 mana and a swift action, Caster may cause a burst of radiation with a 30 foot radius. This deals 1 Str and 1 Con damage on a DC 18 Fort save.

Phonograph and Motion Picture Projector
Caster may spend an hour to create Major Images and five minutes to create Ventriloquisms. Exactly what they do must be specified on creation. He may then use stored creations as a swift action.

Light Bulb
Caster always has a source of bright light. For 10 Electricity, as a swift action, he may attempt an 18 Fort save to blind all enemies for one round in a 30 ft. cone.

Magnetic Iron Ore Separator
For 10 electricity, as a swift action, Caster may attempt an 18 Ref save to pull any metallic item within 30 feet. He can do this for free if the item is unattended.

Unique #3: The Current War
Caster uses a unique resource called Electricity. He may convert any amount of mana into electricity while at a mana fount. In addition, he may steal 10 electricity over an hour from power poles (an action that draws some attention). For 50 mana, he may absorb 30 Electricity from the surrounding area as a free action.

Trademark: Edison Elephant Gun
Caster can spend any amount of Electricity on one of three electric effects. Note that different elements expend different amounts of Electricity (such as spending 50 on damage and 20 on DC).
Caster can touch an opponent to deal 2d10 electric damage per 5 Electricity spent. This is halved on a Fort save with a DC of 22, which can be increased by 1 for each 10 Electricity spent.
Caster can discharge electricity in a radius up to 100 feet away. This deals 1d10 electric damage per 5 Electricity spent. The radius of 20 feet is increased by 10 per 5 Electricity spent. The damage is halved on a Ref save of DC 22, which can be increased by 1 for each 10 Electricity spent.
Caster can touch an opponent to attempt to stun them, dealing 1d4 electric damage per turn. They are stunned for one turn if they fail a Will save of DC 20, which can be increased by 1 for each 10 Electricity spent. This lasts a number of turns for each 10 Electricity spent.

RPS

Rock: Pocket Mining Drill
Imparts -1 penalty to saving throws for 1 round as it bores into its target. This penalty is increased to -3 on a successful hit. It does not stack with itself.

Paper: Static Collection
Attack gains Caster 5 Electricity. On hit, gains 5 more.

Scissors: Spell Preparation
Caster's next spell gets -5 to its mana cost and can't be disrupted.

Rock: Arcane Cannon, Statue, Evocation, Conjuration
Paper: Foresight, Polymorph Any Object, Divination, Transmutation
Scissors: Chains of Light, Mislead, Illusion, Abjuration

Spells

Cannon 2/day
Chains of Light 1/day
Mislead 1/day
Poly Any 2/day (Duration cap of 12 hours, 20 minutes when used on Champions)
Statue 2/day (Lasts 20 minutes)
Foresight 1/day (Lasts 200 minutes, but lasts 20 rounds once a fight starts)

Skills
Bluff +15
Kn: Engineering +15
Kn:local +10
Perception +15
Evangelical Autohorn
Being planted with a swift action, the autohorn causes all (except for Caster and his Summoner) within 60 feet to make a Will save. If they fail a DC 20, they take 1 Will damage. In addition, they take nonlethal damage equal to 20 minus their Will save. This can be planted for 10 Electricity + 15 Electricity for each previous time it was planted.

Chaos Worm
Phone add-on that hacks reality. Swift action at start of round. Until the round is over, Caster can force any roll to be rerolled (with the new result being used. Can be used for 10 Electricity + 10 Electricity for each previous time used.

Robo Raven
A robotic raven that can be programmed to scout for up to 8 hours. Costs 5 Electricity + 10 Electricity for each previous use.

Mimir Search Engine
Phone add-on that can search any topic with a +20 knowledge check. Costs 2 Electricity + 2 Electricity for each previous use.

Rainbow Teleporter
Can teleport any number of creatures within close range to anywhere on the island. Costs 25 Electricity + 25 Electricity for each previous use.

Pocket Tank
A tank that fits in your pocket and can be turned into a large sized tank as a full-round action (including one person climbing into it). It can also be turned back as a full-round action. Deployment costs 10 Electricity + 15 per previous use (it will need to be redeployed each day it is used).

The tank must be operated to function. Anyone inside the tank is protected from damage (generally). While operated, it has the following stats.

HP: 50
Attack: +9
Damage: 2d6+4
Speed: 40
CMB: 12
It may also fire a shell with a range of 80 ft and a radius of 10ft. This deals 2d6+5 and damage is halved on a reflex save of 20. It takes a full-round action to reload.

Mind Controller
The mind controller attaches inconspicuously to an NPC, giving you full control over them. It can be taken off and attached to another, transferring the effect. It costs 15 Electricity + 15 each time it is used, including a daily upkeep if kept on the same NPC.

DNA Analyzer
By collecting the DNA of another champion, you can choose to prevent any one source of damage from them in the future entirely. This takes one hour to analyze and the source of DNA. It costs 20 Electricity + 20 each time it is used, and can only be used once per champion.

This is a secret invention. You may not tell others about it, no matter what.
Hat of Techno-Disguise
You put the hat on and become an NPC to others. You can give instructions to be auto-piloted if need be. Putting the hat on costs 20 Electricity + 10 per previous use. You have to take it off when you go to sleep.

Capture Net
As a swift action, make a ranged touch attack on a target within 50 feet. If they fail a DC 25 reflex save, they are entangled until they make a CMB or Escape Artist check, or spend two full round actions to get free. Costs 15 Electricity + 15 per previous use.

FarSight
A rifle that can be fired by anyone to deal 1d6+5 damage. Reduces any concealment miss chance by one degree. Can be powered up to work a whole day at the cost of 5 Electricity + 5 per previous use.

Reality Marble
Can be thrown at another player to transport yourself, your champion, them and their champion into a plain circular arena that exists in its own dimension. Can be escaped by destroying the outer wall. Costs 35 Electricity + 20 per previous use.

Instant Wall
Can be set up and triggered in advance or thrown to set up a large, hard to break wall. Costs 5 Electricity + 10 per previous use.

Instant Fortress
Set up a hard to breach tower. Has a gun turret on each corner that automatically fires at enemies, dealing 1d6+5 damage (can be destroyed). Takes one minute to construct. Costs 25 Electricity + 25 per previous use.

Cedric Evellson
HP: 105
Attack: +9
Damage: 1d6+5 melee attack
Initiative: +2
CMB: 7
CMD: 21

Bluff +10
Diplomacy +5
Knowledge: Engineering +15
Knowledge: Local +10
Kn: Geography
Survival +10
In my opinion, Caster had the most fun design. He was able to replicate other champion's abilities and reproduce versions of them, in addition to being able to store mundane items and reproduce them later. With enough resource generation, he was extremely powerful and had possibly near infinite damage from his trademark if he could build up enough electricity.

Ullar was also just a fun player to watch and major props to him for the amount of roleplaying and character interactions they had. All of the top 4 (Knight/Archer/Rider/Caster) had a ton of social game going for them and I think that is what ultimate got them to the top, despite not necessarily having the best champions.

He started off strong by working with Monk, but got very unlucky Day 1 when his fight with Zerker cost him two order spells and a bunch of mana. From there, he and Monk were hunted down by most of the game, which resulted in Caster's Summoner dying D2. Fortunately, Monk used an OS to bind with Caster and work with him to escape. Which was great, until Archer's totem lured them into the Trojan horse and got monk killed. Ullar then entered into a loose alliance with Archer, giving the ranged champion both his own totem and zerker's totem. He then went and stayed in a hotel room as per Archer's orders. Unbeknownst to both of them, Assassin was tracking Archer and discovered Caster was in the hotel. Assassin then led an attack on the hotel while disguised as the Police Chief and roped Rider and Knight into helping him. With some quick thinking, Caster realized what was about to happen and disguised himself using the invention he stole from Archer. This led to a hilarious scene in the police station where two players were disguised as NPC's (Caster and Assassin) and Rider and Knight were trying to interrogate the disguised Caster into getting information while the disguised Assassin was trying to get Rider and Knight to realize that this person had to be Caster.

Caster then managed to escape the Police Station by turning part of his cell into tin foil, but was quickly intercepted by Rider. Instead of Rider attacking him however, Rider made an alliance with Caster and created a 3 person alliance with Rider/Caster/Knight. They together created the wonderfully insane plan to create a Philosopher's stone with the Cave's mana barrier. Initially that plan would have been foiled by Assassin, but assassin was dead by the time they went to fulfill it. However, with some crafty thinking and good rolls, they were able to destroy the barrier and convert Caster's Reality marble into...a stone that held some additional mana. Instead, Niihau started pouring out of the cave and threatened to overwhelm the group. Caster, who was going to be dying soon anyways because of the mana loss (from a lack of Summoner) decided to sacrifice himself to try and take out the Nii'haus, or at least let Rider and Knight escape. While Caster was unable to destroy the Nii'haus, he did hold them back long enough to allow his friends to get away and died in probably one of the most heroic ways to die in a PSW.

3rd Place - Knight - Maxim
You are Jnpw or better known as Anubis
HP: 400
AC: 21
Damage: 3d10+20
Saves: 13/11/13
CMD: 26 - 28 when using Mummify

Class: Knight's Cover. Prevents the Knight's Summoner from being hurt when within 30 feet.

Class: Reflex. When an attack would hit the Knight, you may gain AC to block it at the cost of 20 mana per AC.

Personal #1: Brand
Knight may, as a movement action brand a foe with a melee touch attack which causes them to be marked and subsequently may not hide their appearance through any magical or mundane means from other champions. Then at any point after, Knight may spend 4 hours and 20 mana creating a pelt of that champions essence. Whenever a foe attacks Knight while Knight is wearing their pelt, knight may expend a charge of the pelt to prevent all damage, each pelt only contains 2 charges. Knight may only have 3 pelts at one time and may never have more than one pelt of the same champion. When Knight wears the pelt of the champion, he gains a +10 bonus to intimidate against them.

Personal #2: Mummify
Knight may, as a standard action use a ranged touch attack on a target within 50 feet, paying 15 mana to attempt to bind a foe. If it hits, then the foe must make a Reflex Save of 25 or be pinned. If the save is made, then the target is still entangled. Either way, to be free the target must make a CMB or Escape Artist check against you and succeed or when entangled, spend two full round actions carefully entangling themselves.
Knight may also use his bandages to move around. He may use them as a grappling hook with a range of 50 feet as a swift action. He may also attempt to initiate a grapple with them in a range of 30 ft.

Trademark: Weigher of the Heart
Knight appears as a normal, bald human wrapped menacingly in bandages.
Whenever a champion dies, Knight is aware where they died and the champion class of who killed them. Additionally, by knowing the name of an NPC who was killed by a player, he may communicate with them and learn the champion who killed them.
By spending 75 mana, Anubis grows to large size and reveals his true half canine half human form. Doing this grants him +50 HP (which can bring him over his max). Additionally, by selecting a target he can see Anubis weighs their heart. At the start of each of their turns, they roll one of Fortitude, Reflex or Will saves. (So on turn 1 they would roll fortitude, turn 2 reflex, turn 3 will and turn 4 fortitude again). The target takes -1 to this save for each NPC and Champion Anubis knows they or their summoner have killed. Otherwise each save has a DC of 20. These effects last for 24 hours and while this ability is in effect Anubis always knows where the target is.

Fort: On a failed save, the target experience the Dread of death loses 5ft of movement speed and takes 5 damage whenever they deal damage to Anubis
Reflex: On a failed save, the target's limbs start to experience decay causing them to lose a dice of damage unless they spend 25 HP or 25 mana to get it back
Will: On a failed save, the image of Ammit causes the target to react in fear and to lose -1 to attack and -1 to AC.

RPS
Rock: Siphon Staff - Strikes with a staff, on hit heal +10 HP.
Paper: Sand Blast - On hit causes the foe to have a -2 penalty to attack next turn
Scissors: Death's Visage - With a deathly glow Knight makes an intimidate check to demoralize the foe.

Skills
Intimidate +15
Perception +15
Survival +10
Acrobatics +15
Climb +10
Ramus

HP: 120

Skills
Climb +10
Heal +10
Sense Motive +10
Kn: Local +5
Escape Artist +5
Another super fun player to watch. Maxim did an amazing job giving character to both his Summoner and Champion and started off each day doing some roleplay between the two. If this game was based solely on roleplaying, Maxim would be in 1st.

Knight was not the strongest champion, but he was still an insane powerhouse and King of 1v1's. He had a ton of crowd control potential and could even make coats out of his opponents and wear them. His trademark was super punishing but unfortunately, never saw that much use outside of Monk.

Maxim spent most of Day 1 and 2 laying low and gathering information. This changed when he met Rider, and stayed in good contact with him for most of the game. Even partnering with him after Knight died and helping Rider defeat Archer and being the first to fight a super secret boss that might be around next PSW.

He also had a great deal of creativity when it came to the game, he did probably one of the coolest order spells when he summoned Ammit, a giant crocodile goddess who essentially ended the massive Battle at Saviortown. He also used his ability to contact the dead to contact the original heroof the island and gain some bonus information on the Nii'hau and some of the things I have planned for PSW 8.

2nd place - Archer -Moodycloud
You are Odyssues, or in Latin, Ulysses.

Attack: +10/+15 Melee/Ranged
Damage: 3d4+20/3d10+20 Melee/Ranged
Saves: Fortitude (+11), Reflex (+13), Will (+13)
CMB: 14
CMD: 23

Class #1: Archer's Vision. The Archer can physically see a great distance away, and can easily spot and track enemies using this.

Class #2: Archer’s Enemies. The Archer can spend 20 mana to know the direction of the nearest enemy champion. He can also spend 30 mana when on top of a tall location to get an idea of where an enemy champion might be in his vision.

Personal #1: Bow of Apollo: With a bow that can pierce most things. Archer can hit enemies with any cover at a 50% chance. Any enemies with 50% concealment at 20% chance and any enemies with 20% concealment as if they didn't have any concealment. In addition, Archer may hit any targets standing behind the target of his attacks and may pierce through any spell casted barrier. However he may only hit two things maximum, such as a barrier and the target, or the target and someone standing behind them. Archer can spend 10 mana to decrease any concealment by one step further. The bow has a range of 150 ft though can hit targets up to 300ft with disadvantage.

Personal #2: My Name is Nobody: In melee range and as a standard action, for 25 mana you may make a touch attack to steal a targets eye. The target of this gains of -1 AC and -2 on opposed perception checks as well as 20% chance to miss with with melee attacks. With this eye, Archer may use it to see as though seeing through their other eye. This is scrying ability and may be detected using detect scrying, however the only way to prevent it is for the target to keep their other eye closed and accept the full penalty of being blinded. Archer can also become anonymous at will, rendering others unable to tell him apart from NPCs. In addition, another player who has learned anything about Archer may not share this information with other players.

Trademark: The Siege of Troy: In play are a power totem for every player. Any player who loses their power totem loses 1 AC, 1 ATK, and 5 damage. In addition, any player who gains the power totem of another gains 1 AC, 1 ATK, and 5 damage. This bonus is doubled against someone whose original power totem you they possess. Power totems are inert if their player loses the game. However, when Archer steals another's power totem, they are also "doomed". A doomed player has a 25% chance to fail any roll and will encounter a hostile opponent each day. Even if multiple totems are stolen by Archer, only one player can be doomed at once. Finally, if another player steals Archer's totem, the horse, and brings it back to any of their mana founts (even new ones), Archer will be alerted and can at any time spend 75 mana to teleport themselves and their opponent into the Trojan Horse, an arena befitting an Archer.

RPS attacks

Rock: Soul's net
A CMB check to entangle a foe in a magical net which in addition to the effects of entangle, prevents AOO's. This next lasts until the end of your next turn. The CMB check gains a bonus of +1 for each champion they have helped to kill, and +1 for 1/3/6/10/15 civilians killed. There's a maximum bonus of +5.

Paper: Bag of Wind
A CMB check +5 to cause your foe to be pushed back 40 feet. This decreases by 5ft and the bonus by 1 every time it is used and refreshes at the start of every day.

Scissors: Reflex Step
On hit, you step back 5 ft.

Skills:
Bluff +15
Slight of Hand +15
Acrobatics +15
Climb +10
Stealth +15
Perception +20
Archer's Summoner

Sense Motive +10
Hacking +10
Disable Device +10
Stealth +10
Escape Artist +10

Bonus Weapon: Trojan Horse
You gain two knives in leather sheaths. These knives can stick into technological items harmlessly however when doing so, as long as you have one knife to focus on (and use full round actions to concentrate) you may mentally hack it allowing you to in your mind create code and insert it into the computer device .
There's an anime out now titled something like "The hero is overpowered by overly cautious" and I can't think of a most accurate title for Archer. His play, while still pretty good, was extremely cautious. This did let him snoop on enemies and survive long into late game, but it also created tension among his possible allies.

His disguise skill let him remain fairly anonymous and protected for most of the game and he spent a lot of the first few days in hiding, waiting to ambush people. In fact, during Night 1 Zerker decided to go from the Southern point of the island to the Northernmost point, a journey that would have made him encounter either Rider or Archer depending on which road he took. Zerker ultimately encountered Rider, but if he had encountered Archer N1, Zerker probably would have been done for.

Archer had a lot of neat tricks that helped him over time, in particular, the totems. The totems created a really cool aspect of the game where champions had something of value to lose that wasn't their lives or mana. The totems of course, were also our disguise of the Trojan Horse which let him create an arena where he could usually win against most enemies.

However, this Archer was also pretty busted in Melee combat. Against Zerker (and partly because Archer was super buffed by having multiple totems) he was able to fight Zerker in melee and hold his own. Future Archers really shouldn't have a +20 damage mod and +10 to hit and I really don't know how we missed that.

Despite being the most deadly champion in the game, his spike in power died as the owners of the totems slowly died out. This eventually brought him into a 1v1 with Rider where he was at a known disadvantage. They skirmished around for awhile and in some of these skirmishes, Archer did quite well. But ultimately they couldn't overcome a Rider full of Orderspells and multiple tanks and sandstorms.

and now the winner of PSW 6

1st - Rider - Hitmonleet
Rider: Erwin Rommel aka the Desert Fox
HP: 300
Damage: 2d10+15
CMB: 13 (15 when mounted)
CMD: 24 (26 when mounted)

Class #1: Rider's Chase/Retreat. As long as she is on her mount, the Rider gains bonuses to pursue and flee from foes.
Class #2: Rider’s Speed. You may at any time spend multiples of 10 mana to gain bonuses of 10 feet of speed in any form that he possesses.
Class #3: Riders mount. Tiger II
AC: 21
Rider drives a Tiger II tank. Rider and his Summoner may hide in the tank and ride in it. The tank ignores most difficult terrain. To heal the tank, Rider must spend 8 hours repairing it up to 50% of it's maximum health a successful Kn:Engineering check can buff it up to 75% of maximum health healed. Rider's mount has a separate health amount from rider and can die. If riders mount does die, Rider will be unable to use any ability or rps attack that requires the mount. In addition, this tank can't be damage by ability damage.

Rider may also fire a shell with a range of 80 ft and hits a radius of 10ft. This attack deals 4d6+10 with a successful reflex save of 25 reducing it by half. It takes a full round action to reload.

Personal #1: Infantry Attacks
Rommel may spend mana and health to create minions that he can command. These minions last until they are killed. Rider doesn't have a psychic connection to them but each comes equipped with a radio that can be used to communicate back and forth with the radio in Riders tank. When using HP to summon a minion, that HP can't be healed until the unit is dead however this HP comes from his Tank. At any point, as a swift action Rider may dismiss any of his minions. None of these units provide flank bonus, can don't possess a normal AOO but may use a CMB check to attempt a foe to stop moving.

Panzer III: 20 mana, 30 HP, 1 hour to summon. May have 3 at a time.
HP: 65
Damage: 2d6+8
Saves: 9/9/9
CMB: 12
They may also fire a shell with a range of 80 ft and a radius of 10ft. This deals 2d6+5 and damage is halved on a reflex save of 20.

Personal #2: Der Atlantikwall. As a standard action Rider may conjure a line of barbed wire that extends 30 feet in a line (though it stops if it hits any creature or object), this acts as difficult terrain. If someone doesn't spend a full round action going through it, they take 1d8 damage and must make a reflex save of 20 or be caught in it and unable to move any further. Rider may spend an additional 5 mana per square ft to extend the line. In addition, whenever Rider or a Panzer IV cross through the line, they leave mines, increasing the damage to 2d8 for crossing through the square.

Trademark: By spending 100 mana, Rider may create a sandstorm with a radius of 80 ft based on Rider. This sandstorm gives everyone in it total concealment unless they are adjacent to a unit. Rider and his Minions can see in this sandstorm. Any Panzer III's in the storm are upgraded to the following stats
Panzer IV
Damage: 2d10+10

In addition, these tanks may now flank and use AOO's.

RPS attacks
Rock 1: Supply Run - Reload shell.
Rock 2: Suppressing Fire- Targeted foes next attack is made at -2, a fort save of dc20 reduces it to -1 attack.
Paper 1: Blitzkrieg - On hit you may bull rush the foe, if this pushes an enemy into a tank minion it pushes them through the minion.
Paper 2: Danger Close - Attack hits all enemies in a 5 ft radius. Reflex save to halve damage (still needs to hit main target). Next turn Rider can't be hit with AOO's.
Scissors 1:Flank - If Rider is flanking an enemy with a tank minion, that minion may make a free attack at half damage.
Scissors 2: Regelbau - On hit you throw barbed wire at the targets feet.

Skills:
Kn: Engineering +15
Perception + 10
Intimidate +15
Stealth + 15
Sense Motive + 10
Rider's Summoner
Damage: 1d6+5
Initiative: +3
CMB: +7
CMD: 21

Skills
Craft (Chemistry) +10
Heal +10
Survival +10
Spellcraft +10
Climb +5
Swim +5
If there's any one person who deserved to win this game, it was probably hitmonleet. Despite not having the strongest or versatile champion, he employed an extremely good social game that allowed him to acquire heaps of information and develop allies that protected him while destroying his foes. He was the first person to encounter every champion in the game (even if he didn't know he encountered Assassin) and at various points, was working with every champion in the game except for Savior.

Because Rider avoided fighting directly, most of his abilities didn't get to see a lot of play and his minions often served as the transportation for whomever he was working with at the moment.

His trademark allowed him to either ambush enemies or aid in rider's already impressive escape ability. However, it also ended up being very powerful against this version of Archer, something he utilized heavily in the final fight.

Finally, this dude has an insane amount of history knowledge. Like, major props to him, he was able to guess nearly every champion itg before they got revealed officially.

Conclusion
Thank you everyone for playing and waiting patiently for this long over due postgame. Partly because of that long time, there were certainly some things I missed or didn't cover fully. But otherwise, any feedback about the system we used or idea's for future PSW's are greatly appreciated. I personally still hope to run another one starting sometime in the next year or so.

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
this is really late but I was reminded of this thread and want to give a public shoutout to Former for this scene
He then went and stayed in a hotel room as per Archer's orders. Unbeknownst to both of them, Assassin was tracking Archer and discovered Caster was in the hotel. Assassin then led an attack on the hotel while disguised as the Police Chief and roped Rider and Knight into helping him. With some quick thinking, Caster realized what was about to happen and disguised himself using the invention he stole from Archer. This led to a hilarious scene in the police station where two players were disguised as NPC's (Caster and Assassin) and Rider and Knight were trying to interrogate the disguised Caster into getting information while the disguised Assassin was trying to get Rider and Knight to realize that this person had to be Caster.
It was hilarious, and Former earned my respect during that rp session with how he stalled for time while i juggled working at Papa John's with being an NPC. I was amazed to hear that there were TWO fakes in that room afterward - immense kudos to the best host, who worked with four players disguised as two. One of the best moments I've ever had in a RPG game, hands down.

e: for those curious, I played the role of a sushi delivery girl who worked for Grubhub. I panicked at the time, and had cast an enchaining spell on myself - in retrospect, this probably weakened my story, but it was a riot of a time. I'll try to dig up the logs, for posterity!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)