Pick your Poison

Hello Smogon this I my first team I am bringing to you that I had a ton of fun playing with and peaked in the top five on showdown. The team is based around weakening your opponents pokemon then sweeping with Mismagius or with Cobalion. Thanks to great speed and nice boosting moves the two sweepers can easily clean up late game. Here is a closer look at the team itself.

The Team

MineCraft (Crustle) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- X-Scissor
My choice for setting up entry hazards left me with a few choices but I wanted to try a Custap lead like Skarmory and Crustle fits the job perfectly. On average I easily set up all the hazards and occasional still have Custap left in tack to abuse a strong attack and do heavy damage to pokes like Umbreon, Roserade, and Chandulre.

Victory (Victini) @ Choice Band
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
Next I needed a powerhouse attacker to break holes thought teams to help give my two sweepers an easier clean up. I run quick attack to help take out the weak speed boost sweepers. Although adamant takes away some speed the pure power it gives more than compensates. Not much more needs to be said about the powerhouse.

Thor (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
Besides the two setup sweepers that I chose, I also wanted to use Def Zapdos. I run thunder wave on my set to help the offensive force because I chose to run no scarfers due to all of their speed naturally. This set is extremely useful when taking on common fighting types like Heracross because stone edge is still a two hit KO.

Mineturtle (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 SDef / 4 HP / 4 Spd
- Roar
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
Next I needed a SDef wall and a spinner to fill in the last hole on my team. With few spinners to choice from I picked the Turtle to sponge Ice and rock type attacks for zapdos.

Hamlet (Mismagius) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
The first of my two setup sweepers is this standard nasty plot Mismagius. Doubling as a spin blocker this Ghost queen wrecks alot of pokes in this tier and after a boost can even put a dent into Snorlax. Of course she gets some help with cobalion.

General Scruff (Cobalion) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
The General forms fantastic senergy with Mismagius and still dishes out a mean punch. Taunt is very useful for stopping Cofagrigus and other pokes that want to set up.

The strategy;
The plan of attack for this team is simple. Set up hazards with Crustle. Then between Victini, Zapdos and Blastoise weaken the team then send in my best candidate to sweep. Set up and wreck shop.

Threats:
SD Mew can set up on my team and screw me being that I am very weak to Sucker punch and zen-Headbut

Sharpedo and Yanmega can set up on me and the only way to beat them is to weaken them to at least half and use a quick attack from Victini.

Nidoking and Queen due to their near perfect coverage it is hard to find a free switch in. If I am luck a v-create can do a lot of damage once weakened.

Raikou with SubCM is a huge threat to any teams but on PS lots of people just set up on Blastoise so he can easily just roar if lucky.

No team is perfect but any poke choice locked can easily be beat on this team due to so many resistances.

In closing feel free to leave any comments on this team or how I can write RMTs better for the future.
I love teambuilding so I would love feed back and to comeback with another fun team. Thanks.

-78rqp58y
p.s. I dont know how to add an export for this team if someone could also help with that I would love that.

It seems like this RMT has gotten overlooked, sorry about that!

First off props for Custap Crustle, its a long term favorite of mine. The first half of your team looks solid, Quick Attack is intersting on Victini, I didn't even know it learned it. I guess it could work out for you, that last move slot isn't that important anyway.

I recommend trying out switching Zapdos and Blastoise's defensive roles, Blastoise is much better as a physical wall and Zapdos can run both defensive variants well.

I'm not too sure about the Mismagius and Cobalion however, in my opinion both are pretty below average sweepers. The team is pretty slow in general, I think it needs a revenge killer with a Choice Scarf. Mienshao is by far the best Scarf user in the tier, I recommend you try it in place of Cobalion. I think Nasty Plot-Trick Room Cofagrigus is much better and sturdier than Mismagius, I recommend you try that out instead.

Hey there, nice team :)

Cobalion is actually not a bad pokemon at all, I wouldn't switch it out for scarfshao myself as it makes you really vulnerable to sharpedo and CBlax, even with OTR cofagrigus. The only change I would make on cobalion is to go for an air balloon over life orb. The metagame is generally very offensive at the moment and LO doesn't grant you very many KOs to my knowledge. Air balloon will help against the likes of rhyperior and gligar and gives you a solid switch-in to CB flygon at least until the balloon is broken.

I would, however, stick with the change PTJon suggested in switching mismagius out for cofagrigus as you could certainly use a more reliable switch-in to fighting types than zapdos. The last change I would suggest may sound a little odd but it would be to switch out Victini for CB Rhyperior. Not only is CB rhyperior able to 2HKO everything in the tier, it greatly helps your weakness to SD mew and raikou while retaining the fire type resistance and complimenting cobalion well as they share similar counters.

Summary of changes:

Cobalion -> air balloon instead of LO
CB victini -> CB rhyperior
Mismagius -> OTR cofagrigus

I think your victini's cool, but I'm not sure the power increase of adamant is worth the speed drop. 100 is a very common base speed in UU and there are lots of stuff hovering around that speed that will pass you if you go adamant, plus you lose the ability to 2hko walls like gligar because you're slower after the speed drop. Victini is already absurdly powerful with a choice band as is, you don't really need the added power.

I agree that mismagius is a lackluster sweeper, and OTR cofagrigus is probably better.

Thank you all very much for the suggestions. After testing some ideas I have made a few changes. I replaced life orb on cobalion for leftovers being that with hazards all ready on the field it wasn't helping me get any extra ko's. Next I switched my choice band user from victini to rhyperior to help with raikou. I switched the defensive rolls of blastoise and zapdos. Lastly I made the switch for extra bulk and placed otr cofagrigus. Although the idea was to use mismagius it's poor bulk dosnt allow it to set up. Hopefully in 6th gen or when it drops to ru I can try again.
Thanks for all the help
-78rqp58y

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)