Picrew Gallery

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Approved by Plague von Karma
1621030722951.png

Around 2018-2020, you may have seen a lot of avatars that look like this floating around the internet. These are avatars made through Picrew, a website that offers a multitude of sources for avatar creation! While this particular style of avatar became a sort of flagship designer for Picrew, there are plenty other options to be creative and express yourself! The goal of this thread is to get more exposure out there for avatar creators, since it's just fun to be creative! The base rules are simple:
  • Post an image (or images) of your own created avatar(s), with a link to the creator used for it, if it isn't already linked.
  • Describe your impression of the creator, or whatever else was going through your mind as you made your avatar.
  • Posting avatars from other avatar creators is also welcome! Picrew is just the main one I really know of, and the easiest to make a thread title for-
Here are some examples!
!!!!!!!!!.png

https://picrew.me/image_maker/94097

No better place to start than the one everyone knows- This was the first custom made avatar I've ever used as an actual pfp! My general idea here was to try and encapsulate what I look like as best as I could, while also adding in the fashion items I'd kill to get to wear more often. I don't know why I like men's formal wear so much, I just do- At this point in time, I was still feeling a bit quirky and trying to figure out a style for myself, which often resulted in a lot of how I presented myself generally ending up all over the place, much like how this Picrew turned out.

As for the creator itself, there's a lot of options to choose between! Pretty much every physical aspect in this image is able to be customized, recolored, repositioned, accessorized, etc, which really enables you to get down to a very fine detail on how you want yourself to look. If there's any one complaint I'd have, it's that the torso is always stuck with the same build and position. If they could somehow manage to get you to strike a different pose or more accurately portray the shape of your body, then I think it could possibly become the perfect avatar creator, though for the time being, it's still pretty good!
173830_5La2Sfnm.png

https://picrew.me/image_maker/173830

This one's a chibi maker! Someone linked it in a server a while ago and everyone got to making one. The way I approached this one was going for simplicity, since that's the appeal of chibis after all, so nothing really over the top here.

Despite being just a chibi maker, this actually still has a lot of variability to it! You couldn't tell just by looking at mine, but trust me- I also really like the style of how this one's made; it looks almost as if it's hand drawn, rather than generated! If you wanna see what you'd look like as a cute little chibi character, this is one of the better makers to do so, in my opinion.
46940_3fAshSv2.png

https://picrew.me/image_maker/46940

This one's one of my favorite Picrews that I've made, even though the premise is kinda just your average build-a-anime. I remember when I first made this I was really into ENA, so that'd explain the background and its coloration. I think this was one of the first times I had adopted the spiky teeth, which would be a major catalyst towards what my avatars would become down the road- And of course there's the suit and tie alongside the choker, wouldn't be a Rosa Picrew without em! And a moon to top it all off

The maker itself is on and off, imo. While there are a lot of options, a lot of them kinda just look the same, or are otherwise overly eccentric, which really doesn't leave a ton of room for creativity. I wish there were more options for longer hair, since a lot of these look way too straight in comparison to what my own hair looks like. In general, this one's really good if you happen to fall in line with the options it gives you, but otherwise kind of a miss. If you're feeling like doing this one, I'd suggest doing a quick sweep through the options to see if you like what they got before committing to it.
230257_KNrpOnPS.png

230257_mqOc7HnT.png

https://picrew.me/image_maker/230257

This is the one I'm using for Discord right now! At this point I've adopted even more demonic qualities, in addition to changing my hair from the usual brown to a nice, vibrant red. Overall, I'm really happy with how this one came out! It's probably my favorite Picrew, thus far. For this one, I came to learn after making the first one that I didn't have to use the whole outfit, so I figured I'd try out mixing and matching tops and bottoms. There wasn't really a whole lot that I really liked, so I just went for more of a pajama kinda vibe, in addition to putting a knife there because, y'know, pajamas. And, most importantly, Chao hat!

As a creator, this one's pretty heavy on the details, so be prepared to put some time into making it. That said, it's time well spent, imo! This maker is more considerate and goes into more detail than most Picrews generally do, specifically with things like having different body types, having trigger warnings over potentially offensive options, and having a nice variety of non-generic backgrounds that make for more interesting framing. If there's any complaint I would have, it's that the clothes options can be a bit confusing; on my first go I thought I was forced to use a full outfit, since the later clothes options just seemed to make everything break, but after I finished, someone explained to me that to select the other clothes options I just needed to select the body, and then I could start picking out separate tops and bottoms. I definitely wouldn't have figured that out if nobody had told me, so that's really the only matter that keeps it from being a perfect Picrew, imo. Oh, also not really a fan of any of the noses they have, personally.
1621046352608.png

https://picrew.me/image_maker/100365

Another cute Picrew! This one's not as chibi as the other one, but still plenty cute all the same! At this point, you can see I've fully completed my evolution into a demon girl, with the red skin topping it all off- With Picrews, I generally tend to err more on the side of cool looking characters, which I did initially try to do with this one, but in this case the cool options really didn't come out all that great, so I went more for the cuteness factor with the sweater and expression. While I did get a lot of positive feedback on this one, I just don't know if it works quite as well as a pfp for me- If the body could be bigger, I think that'd probably make me feel more at home.

As a maker, I feel it's pretty solid. Not too many options, not too few. One of the more annoying things is that going with the bigger hair can often leave some of the other accessories just not being visible at all. A lot of the noses here are also pretty weak, imo. Overall, pretty simple one, but the results are generally decent.

Happy posting! I can't wait to see what everyone's done for themselves! I'd also love to try out any new ones that I haven't seen yet! If you haven't really tried out Picrew before but wanna participate here, feel free to try out some of the makers used in the examples above! Or you can browse through https://picrew.me/ (or any other avatar creation site) and try out one that catches your eye.

spell

destined
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Never heard of this until Rosa came up to me so I thought I'd try my hand at something using this one: https://picrew.me/image_maker/100365
Saw the weird fish ear things and was like "ayo?" and went from there. Always had a thing for red scarves and crowns for some reason. Idk what I'll do with it but it's here now.
I DID THAT TOO! But with my own fish OC uefhrgrg
download20210500210549.png

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yo these are sick. I'd seen some of them around before and didn't know what they were, guess i do now! I made a couple of 'em since i had some free time, here are mine!

download20210506131029.png

Based on me irl, boop: https://picrew.me/image_maker/94097
download20210506144733.png

Me again but if i was a bad boy or just like in an anime idrk, actually had a lot of fun with this one: https://picrew.me/image_maker/437426
download20210506210528.png

Epic Gamer Magnum! I tried to make do but this is probably my least favourite, still very cool! https://picrew.me/image_maker/100365
download20210506145533.png

My favourite of the four, based on me again. I wore something very similar to this the other day and i'm happy i have a photo for reference. Added the glasses because glasses are cool and made the outfit way more funky. https://picrew.me/image_maker/393919

Edit: made a way better looking one of numbero tres

Attachments

Last edited:

blce

can you see me?
hello hello! i used to do tons of picrews but i pretty much lost all of them since my old laptop broke. picrews are really fun and are a wonderful way to express your creativity and id highly recommend trying them out!

here to share this picrew of a sona/oc of mine. this picrew was a lot of fun to make! i really liked the accessories in this picrew, theyre super adorable and i love how it included lgbtq+ flags. he doesnt actually have dog ears but they looked so cute on him i had to include them ;;

download20210506031346.png

Last edited:

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
1621137794321.png

I'm glad you linked this one! I really like the style of this maker and absolutely love how this one came out
752973438146183190.png
Though there's no option for red skin so 0/10 I only go for sweaters in Picrews where there aren't much else I really like in the way of clothes, but I'm starting to vibe with the sweater look tbh- I'm also really liking the colors here; the dark green background really makes the red hair pop, while also working along with the sweater, and all the extra accessories and rose motif are the cherry on top!

Overall, I really like this creator! There's a lot of options to choose between for all the major aspects, though for some of the minor ones like the eyebrows and the nose there are hardly any choices, though they generally don't impact the final product all too much, so it's no biggie. More importantly, there are different body types (sort of)! The body types are technically attached to the clothing options, but there's a lot of options so it's not too bad, albeit I'm lucky that mine happened to be on a clothing item that I really liked. In my opinion, it's refreshing to see a quality Picrew maker that isn't one of the many cutesie character creators out there, so if that's something you're all looking for, I'd give it a try! I, for one, know I will certainly be enjoying the new pfp

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
100365_D3RLVqGy.png
100365_dY2mLOxx.png

1: we are going to walmart. you're driving. get in the car or your death won't be far.
2: happy finland =) alternatively: you're so stupid =)

this is very fun! i will likely return, perhaps with trying additional makers!

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
A lot of my irl friends were posting these recently, so now I see the smogon thread about picrew pictures I thought I'd make one for myself, this is
what I look like. :]
download20210501202037.png

Edit: I have become addicted and made 3 more
I don't remember why I made myself blush in these, and hearts don't appear by my head in real life
IMG_0824.PNG
IMG_0825.PNG

Rat
IMG_0827.PNG

Last edited:
Not really a guy that posts in Cong here but honestly this thread seemed pretty interesting so figured I'd post here
basic.png

Not a 100% accurate replica of my irl appearance but it's pretty close so I think it does good enough. For me this was honestly the simplest Picrew maker I could get my hands on, and I'd say it comes off pretty good!

blce

can you see me?
im back with another picrew! its really great for couples/duos.
this one is really fun to do and offers a bunch of options for hair, but it was pretty difficult to do multicoloured hair and it took a bit of time to get right.

it features my oc/sona as well as my best friend's sona! shes also the one that helped me draw out the initial design for my character, so i made this to show my appreciation for her ^^

399481_c8R3h0Zo.png

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
1622212703972.png

https://picrew.me/image_maker/415156

It's a duck maker! By nature it's a pretty gimmicky builder, but I just thought it was cute. I saw this in a friend's Discord and had the tab open to do it for weeks but only just now got to doing it, oopsie-

Overall pretty much just your average amount of options for customizing the duck, though the accessory count is unfortunately a bit low. While you may not be getting a super amazing pfp out of it, if you have a couple minutes to spare for some cuteness, this one goes by pretty qu(a)ick and I'd say it's worthwhile!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)