Tournaments Pioneer - RBY PU Tournament (won by chuva de perereca)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pac

pay 5000, gg?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reminder:

• Matches will be played on Smogtours, using the RBY PU challenge format (if you end up using the challenge command on accident, it's fine)
  • Please ensure that none of those above Pokemon are brought into a game, as they are not legal in the RBY PU tier. We must protect the sanctity of this very important metagame.
  • Matches will be Bo5, and Replays are REQUIRED
  • The deadline to complete these matches is Sunday, January 8th, 2022, at 11:59 pm GMT-4. Extensions may be granted when especially needed, and in situations regarding inactive opponents or extensions, feel free to hit me up on Discord at pac#8314.
  • This round of bracket will be Single Elimination, meaning any 1 loss will remove you from the tournament.
  • If you have any complaints about coinflips, act designations, or anything else regarding the bracket, please direct all criticism to myself on Discord at pac#8314.
Round 8 (Semi-Finals)

Ice Yazu vs Hayburner
chuva de perereca
vs TehTayTeh

Congratulations to our Top 4! Reminder that these matches are Best of 5 instead of Best of 3, as detailed in the OP.

Last edited:

pac

pay 5000, gg?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reminder:

• Matches will be played on Smogtours, using the RBY PU challenge format (if you end up using the challenge command on accident, it's fine)
  • Please ensure that none of those above Pokemon are brought into a game, as they are not legal in the RBY PU tier. We must protect the sanctity of this very important metagame.
  • Matches will be Bo5, and Replays are REQUIRED
  • The deadline to complete these matches is Sunday, January 15th, 2022, at 11:59 pm GMT-4. Extensions may be granted when especially needed, and in situations regarding inactive opponents or extensions, feel free to hit me up on Discord at pac#8314.
  • This round of bracket will be Single Elimination, meaning any 1 loss will remove you from the tournament.
  • If you have any complaints about coinflips, act designations, or anything else regarding the bracket, please direct all criticism to myself on Discord at pac#8314.
Round 9

Grand Finals
Hayburner vs chuva de perereca

3rd Place Tiebreaker
TehTayTeh vs Ice Yazu

Congratulations to our Grandfinalists, Hayburner and chuva de perereca! Lots of money on the line for this final round, good luck to the both of y'all. Also, Teh and Ice Yazu will play to determine who is 3rd place and who is 4th place. Good luck to y'all as well! Reminder that these matches are Best of 5.

Last edited:

pac

pay 5000, gg?
is a Contributor Alumnus
aaaand that concludes Pioneer! Congratulations to chuva de perereca on winning the entire tournament, very impressive performance. Thank you to everyone who participated, meant a lot to me as this is the end of my time participating in Smogon and all things competitive Pokemon related. Was a fun ride! I hope that this was a good way to kick-start this fresh journey into RBY PU. Will be staying in contact with the finalists until they receive payment for their performance. Anyone is free to do usage stats if they wish, though I will not be doing so.

For ease of reference, these were the final top placings for the event:

1st Place- chuva de perereca
2nd Place- Hayburner
3rd Place- Ice Yazu
4th Place- TehTayTeh
5th Place- chub, Ctown6, Leru, MrSoup
9th Place - Ema Skye, fatBatman, Lady Writer, Michaelderbeste2, nicole7735, royzin, stunner047, Torchic

Feel free to DM me on Discord at pac#8314 for anything Pokemon related, may still wanna chip in every once in awhile. If it's something regarding my spreadsheets and various other resources (such as the BoomDex or advice about articles/QCing stuff), I am very likely to help out with those. Will be checking Smogon very infrequently now that I'm retired, and am leaving all the Pokemon discords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)