Pixelmon Minecraft Mod Teambuilding.

Basically, Pixelmon is a really bad version of actual Pokemon in minecraft. If you don't know about it, skip this thread. Next, as it is still extremely unstable, these things are not present in the mod:

-Most status moves that don't do anything directly (Magnet Rise, Psych up)
-Berries
-Alot of held items, however, we have: (Metronome, Choice Band, Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Leftovers, Wide Lens)
-Some secondary effects of moves
-Pokemon Abilities
-Egg moves/Tutor moves (anything not learned by leveling up as the current Pokemon, can't relearn moves that have been forgotten
-About half of the Pokemon (1-5th gens, however all first 151 Pokemon are present, I'll include a total list in this link - http://pixelmon.wikia.com/wiki/Available_Pokémon )
-Breeding
-Hidden Powers change every battle for some reason

Now, if you're wondering where I'm going with this, I would like a team that mostly, well, beats things up. I already have a somewhat good team and have a great understanding of Pokemon and Pixelmon all together. (Everything in Pixelmon and 90% of Pokemon, the 10% being how to play proffesionaly)

Here's the things I'd like to point out first about the Pokemon I use:

I've found that Metagross is an amazing Pokemon, with access to priority bullet punch, earthquake, zen headbutt and Meteor mash.

Umbreon is the best overall tank possible, with access to Toxic, Protect, Moonlight (No wish or substitute in the game) And assurance just for an extra move slot.

Jolteon is the fastest and most powerful, excluding crobat who is not a problem for Jolteon.

Cloyster is an absolute beast with Shell Smash being available, however Icicle Crash isn't possible, so I replaced it with priority ice shard.

Snorlax is a great special wall as well as being physically offesnive. It's just an overall great poke

If you have any questions at all, tell me, and I know this is a huge step, asking proffesionals of the Pokemon community to come up with a team, based on all of these high restrictions. If you could do that, that would really make my day. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure Choice items are glitched in the mod; I was able to change moves while holding them.

Also, I've found Drifblim to be fantastic for farming pokemon; three immunities and decent bulk makes him great for taking down bosses.

Power seems to be the defining aspect of Pixelmon; since most support moves don't work/don't exist yet, offensive strats are the ones that do the best.

Last edited:
Choice items were fixed, but thanks for the advice! I'll try out drifblim as well. Original ideas are always nice :D

Gengar is great to use because it is immume to all normal attacks ( even swords dance and bulk up ) and it hits alot harder than Drifblim. Alakazam, Espeon and all psychic types are also great because there are only a few dark types in the game.

I've discovered a new powerhouse: Archeops.
Seriously, the thing hits like a truck. With no Defeatist to hinder it, it's free to rampage unchecked through whatever Pokemon displeases it. It's ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)