SS RU Plan Bee

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Plan Bee

Preface
SS RU is a tier I only began learning a couple weeks ago, but I've enjoyed it immensely in the short time I've been playing it. It's a lively tier with many of my favorite pokemon in it, and it feels refreshing to play a lower tier as someone who has only ever seriously played OU in the past. I found RU a surprisingly easy tier to dive into and this is the first team I've built so far that really seems to "click" in terms of synergy and flow. So without further ado, I'll move into my thought process as I built the team and get this RMT started.

Building Process

I began with Ribombee, a new drop with an exceptional speed tier and STAB moonblast. I wanted to build around its specs set.

My next addition was Passimian, which forms a nice core with Ribombee to threaten many of the mons that wall it like Porygon2, Steelvally, and Coalossal. In addition to this, Passimian is a powerful pivot who can force switches and bring Ribombee in safely with U-Turn.

Next I added Rotom-C. It rounds out the offensive core, granting an answer to bulky waters who can otherwise prove problematic such as Vaporeon and Jellicent while also providing defog support if needed to prevent the team from being worn down by entry hazards while spamming momentum generating moves.

The main thing that was missing from the team at this point was a defensive backbone to support it. For this purpose, I added Porygon2 and Fairyvally. Porygon2 can come in on some of the most dangerous special attackers in the tier such as Espeon, Duraludon, and other Ribombee. In exchange, Fairyvally serves as a knock off sponge and answer to many of the Dark and Fighting types that can threaten Porygon. As an added bonus, both of these mons are excellent at generating momentum, resulting in a team overflowing with momentum generation.

My last slot needed to be a rocker, and I needed a check to various mons like Frosmoth, Salazzle, and Braviary. As a result, SpD Coalossal seemed the obvious choice. In addition to checking numerous mons and providing rocks, Coalossal can also use Spikes to further wear down many of Ribombee's checks.

Team

Ribombee
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moonblast / Psychic / Switcheroo / U-turn

Ribombee is the mon this team was built around, and its set is fairly standard. Choice Specs were chosen to maximize Ribombee's offense breaking power, as it has an otherwise middling special attack stat. Moonblast is STAB that hits most of the tier hard, while Psychic is a secondary move that can be used to nail targets like Salazzle and Vileplume. Switcheroo allows Ribombee to cripple defensive mons that might otherwise wall it like Porygon2, and U-turn allows Ribombee to keep up the momentum against targets it can't sufficiently threaten with its other moves. Shield Dust is chosen over Aroma Veil for its immunity to Fake Out's flinch and Scald's burn among other things.

Passimian
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Close Combat / Knock Off / Gunk Shot / U-turn

Scarf Passimian is an excellent partner for Ribombee, able to threaten out the vast majority of its checks and generate the necessary momentum to bring Ribombee in safely to wreak havoc. Aside from its synergy with the rest of the team, Passimian is an extremely powerful mon all on its own. Even Choice Scarf is difficult to switch into with its amazing coverage, it provides knock off support, and can revenge kill much of the tier. Close Combat is the obvious choice for a powerful STAB to spam. Knock Off both hits the ghost types immune to Close Combat, but also removes important items like Eviolite and Heavy-Duty Boots from the enemy team. Gunk Shot is chosen over Rock Slide as it still hits mons like Charizard and Centiskorch hard, but also allows Passimian to break through mons like Fairyvally that this team would otherwise be weak to.

Rotom-Mow
Item: None
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Leaf Storm / Defog / Will-O-Wisp / Volt Switch

Rotom-C is both this team's defogger and answer to defensive waters like Jellicent and Vaporeon. This Rotom has no item in order to give my team an answer to pokemon like Runerigis or Dhelmise who might otherwise be hard to deal with due to their STAB Poltergeist. Leaf Storm with maximum special attack investment is able to cleanly OHKO pokemon like Rhydon and Claydol, and is Rotom's best choice for a Grass STAB. Defog is used to clear away hazards for Ribombee if necessary. Will-O-Wisp is the next choice, to cripple Defiant users like Braviary or Passimian who may try to switch in, and also allows Rotom to disable the Poltergeist attackers it is specialized to deal with. Finally, Volt Switch lets Rotom generate momentum to bring in this team's other breakers, allowing it to get the initiative and pressure the enemy team.

Porygon2
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Nature: Calm
Ice Beam / Toxic / Recover / Teleport

Porygon2 serves as this team's answer to a number of Special Attackers in this metagame, such as Espeon, Exeggutor-A, Heliolisk and Duraludon. Its extreme bulk thanks to Eviolite allows it to tank a hit and either recover stall it out, or use teleport to safely bring in a pokemon to threaten the target out. Ice Beam is Porygon's main attack, chosen for its ability to OHKO Exeggutor-A and pressure Vileplume. Toxic keeps porygon from being easy setup bait and allows it to whittle down the enemy team. Recover keeps Porygon healthy between instances of needing to switch into special attacks.

Silvally
Item: Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
Nature: Jolly
Multi-Attack / Rock Slide / Swords Dance / U-turn

Fairy Silvally is the next pokemon on the team. Both as a nice knock off switchin and as a fighting resist should the need arise. It can check mons like Scrafty, Hitmonlee, choice locked Passimian, and Sneasel which would otherwise be pests. Furthermore, its fairy typing and 120 BP Multi-Attack makes it ideal for chipping away at many of the same pokemon that can come in on Ribombee. Rock Slide is good coverage and also allows Silvally to revenge kill Centiskorch should the need arise. Swords Dance lets silvally power through various fairy resists and pave the way for Ribombee to clean. Finally, U-turn allows further building of momentum to keep the team on the offensive.

Coalossal
Item: Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Nature: Sassy
Rock Blast / Flamethrower / Spikes / Stealth Rock

Coalossal is this team's final member, serving as a hazard setter and answer to various pokemon like Salazzle, Centiskorch, Braviary, and Frosmoth by virtue of its unique typing and bulk. Rock Blast is its primary STAB, chosen for the ability to hit multiple times in succession, breaking through substitutes, while flamethrower allows Coalossal to threaten grasses and steels. Spikes and Stealth Rock round out its moveset, wearing down the enemy team as they play the game.

Ribombee @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Switcheroo
- U-turn

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Rotom-Mow
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Teleport

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Coalossal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rock Blast
- Flamethrower
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Conclusion

I'd love to hear your criticisms, suggestions on ways to improve the team, or any general comments you might have. As I said, I am new to RU so I'm sure this team isn't perfect, but I've had tons of fun building and playing with it! In the future I'm hoping to continue playing and learning more about the tier and building better and better teams, so I'm sure eventually I'll have another team to share here. Until then, thanks for reading my RMT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)