Platinum Rain-Flinch Hax Team

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Well I was very excited to learn that Shoddy had implemented Platinum onto the Official Server recently (Thanks Colin!) and so had to make a team around, especially since some Pokemon got some impressive changes. The team has yet to lose to anyone on Shoddy but I'm afraid it may be too centralized and that eventually someone will had something that can sweep the entire team easily (like Scarf Azelf : ( )

Crobat @ Damp Rock
Inner Focus
Timid
160 HP/ 132 Def/ 216 Spe
~Rain Dance
~Taunt
~U-turn
~Air Slash

Crobat makes for a good lead for nearly any situation. Taunt stops all Pokemon with under 385 Speed from setting up. Rain Dance now lasts for a suitable amount since Crobat holds Damp Rock. U-turn it to get the Hell out, while Air Slash works along the Flinch principle of the team.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Modest
6 HP/ 252 Sp Att/ 252 Spe
~Thunder
~Air Slash
~Trick
~Rain Dance/Shadow Ball

This thing comes out, Tricking a Pokemon that a Scarf will hopefully ruin, forcing a switch while I use 100% accurate STAB Thunder (which puts a dent in just about every non-Ground type. If I'm lucky and Paralysis hits, then I Air Slash away. At the moment I'm using Rain Dance over Shadow Ball for backup, tough I have yet to need it.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Magic Guard
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp Def
~Thunderwave
~Softboiled
~Encore
~Seismic Toss

There's little to stop this itsy beast. Thunderwave guarantees I'm going first and supplies team support to help Para-Flinch. Encore= win against set up Pokemon and gives me a swich, while Seismic Toss delivers constant damage and Softboiled offers recovery.

Gyarados @ Wacan Berry
Intimidate
Adamant
72 HP/ 252 Att/ 184 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Earthquake
~Bounce

This is usually my switch in after U-Turn. Dragon Dance gives Gyarados any set up he may need before Rain dissipates. Earthquake because Gyara's movepool sucks even though EQ has good coverage and BOUNCE... well because I wanted to try it out. Verdict? Thumbs up. It's been working quite well in giving additional Paralysis support. Also, Waterfall has been getting some nice Flinches in.

Omastar @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
Modest
~Surf
~Earthpower
~HP Electric
~Ice Beam

Most teams are unprepared for what looks like little threat. Most of the times, this guy does most of the sweeping. Surf makes for a great STAB move especially in a downpour. Ice Beam gets those Dragons and Grass types, while HP Electric dessimates Gyarados and has thus far been more useful than Ancientpower. Earthpower is a new addition to Omastar's movepool and is what made me turn my eye to him in the first place. D/P left Omastar little to boast about, but Earthpower does the job where other moves generally fail.

Skye Shaymin @ Life Orb
Serene Grace
Modest
~Seed Flare
~Air Slash
~Earthpower
~Psychic

This thing is pretty ridiculous. By the time this guy is out, the whole of the
entire opposing team is usually Paralyzed. With Paralysis, 60% Flinch, and 80% Sp Def drop on top of a STAB 140 BP move, Shaymin hasn't taken any damage other than from Life Orb yet. Most of the times Shaymin sits out because someone else sweeps for him. Modest>Timid because most people expect it to be Timid and will run and also because it really doesn't matter when they're Paralyzed. Earthpower hits loads of Pokemon, notably Heatran, while Psychic gets Gengar whom Shaymin only just outspeeds.

Some things I am considering are Togekiss, even though I've pretty mush got Air Slash abuse down already, and Wash Rotom, who takes advantage of 180 BP Thunder and Hydro Pump suring the Rain.

Problem: once gyrados goes down your whole team is walled by blissey/registeel. Solution? Put a phyisical rain abuser in. Such as kingdra (mixed) or kabutops. Maybe over rotom as it is, I find, easy to take down and does not get a speed boost from rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)