Platinum Stallish Team?

That's my team as it stands now. The Team's main goal is to give Regirock the time to set up and sweep.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/16 Atk/152 Def/90 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

For Regirock, sandstorm is just plain awesome. Tyranitar shares too many weaknesses with Regi for my comfort, and so I picked Hippo. Stealth Rock can be really helpful as well. I don't really have too much more to say, other than how Hippo does a great job countering Tyranitars and Aerodactyl's. Testing this team, I don't know how successful it is against leads that use sleep moves, which is a problem.

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Curse Regirock just plain kicks ass. With its massive Special Defense in a Sandstorm, after a Curse or two Regirock won't go down easily. I've been toying with adding either Ice Punch or Rest to the last slot, but I don't know how good of an idea that is, especially considering Earthquake's ability to rape grounded Steels.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SpA
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Wish
- Toxic
- Roar

As suggested, I replaced Tentacruel with Vaporeon. Vaporeon can provide Wish support for my team, which is incredibly useful for Regirock and Rotom. I'll add more after playtesting some.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/40 SAtk/96 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Counters Salamence (and other dragons) and Gyarados, and hurts a lot of potential switchins with Toxic. Bulky Waters and bulky Grounds don't like being Poisoned, and things like Blissey/Celebi can't stay in for long against Porygon if they're poisoned, especially with Sandstorm going on.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Recover

Celebi can switch into Earthquakes or Waterfalls and prepare to either Grass Knot something to death or just Seed and wear down opponents. Seeded enemies are also helpful for Regirock, because Regirock needs all the recovery it can get, especially considering it's reliant on Leftovers.

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP/224 Spd/254 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball

Trick cripples walls, and Rotom is one of Trick's best users. This serves as my Scizor counter, as it resists Scizor's attacks and can threaten to Overheat. Rotom's immunites are all incredibly useful for this team, as I have two Ground and two Fighting weaknesses.

Anyway that's my team. I've been testing it, but not too much yet, so rate away.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Regirock, Tentacruel and Rotom have no form of healing, so I strongly suggest you run some Wish support somewhere on your team. Otherwise, no matter how bulky Regirock is, it cannot stay in too long or switch in repeatedly. I suggest you forego Porygon2 for Vapoeron. It will still be a check for Gyarados and Salamence, while providing you with Wish support.

Regirock, Tentacruel and Rotom have no form of healing, so I strongly suggest you run some Wish support somewhere on your team. Otherwise, no matter how bulky Regirock is, it cannot stay in too long or switch in repeatedly. I suggest you forego Porygon2 for Vapoeron. It will still be a check for Gyarados and Salamence, while providing you with Wish support.
Agreed. Even after you Curse'd with Regirock my CBscizor was able to finish it off with succesive Superpowers on the switch in. Wish support would be good. ;O

After testing out putting Vaporeon over Porygon2, it's been going pretty good. However, that's given me some problems with Zapdos. If Rotom-H isn't holding a Scarf, then it's useless against Zapdos, and the two water types really makes it harder to take Thunderbolts. Hippowdon doesn't like to take repeated powerful Special Attacks, and Rotom can't stay in. The problem is worse for Gengar's as Porygon2's Discharge was a huge deterrent for Gengar staying in. Now, every member of my team gets raped by it.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'd suggest replacing Tentacruel with Vaporeon then, and keep Porygon2. It doesn't look like Stealth Rock gives your team much of a problem, ditto for spikes. Vaporeon still counters Mixape, and you have more than enough for Scizor.

As for the rest of the team, consider Stone Edge over Ice Fang over Hippowdon for extra insurance against Salamence and Zapdos, since Ice Fang won't do more. Other than that, I can't see much else to do without changing the fundamentals of the team, so good job.

I would go with Roar over Stone Edge or Ice Fang for Hippo. Having no phazers at all can prove to be a serious problem, and a phazer as a lead can be useful shutting down pokemon that try to set up from the beginning.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I would go with Roar over Stone Edge or Ice Fang for Hippo. Having no phazers at all can prove to be a serious problem, and a phazer as a lead can be useful shutting down pokemon that try to set up from the beginning.
I agree with the problem of having no phazers, but Stone Edge is too valuable on Hippowdon. Put Roar on Vaporeon, over Protect. That allows you to alternate Wish and shuffle residual damage in the meantime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)