Project Player Interview #1 : vivalospride

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if we dated, what would our ship name be? (if you don't know what that is google it noob)
which players do you look up to the most/draw the most inspiration from?
what tour do you want to win the most?
am I the laziest teammate you ever had to deal with?
any specific game you're proud of?
ly

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
viva why do you still owe me a dollar
I DONT OWE ANY OF YOU SHIT

np

oh no I am a hooligan... you are good Big Z.
THE YOUTH APPROVES

What's one of your favorite places to eat and what would you order there
So the only restaurant I've really specifically taken a liking to over the course of my life is this place called Super Wok, it's this chinese restaurant in Tarzana that I've gone to every year for my birthday. If I'm just tryna get lunch rq I'll go to p much any place that serves rice + meat. Wabba Grill and Flamebroiler being the best examples I often get. Veggies (no cauliflower) + steamed rice + beef + chicken and I'm all g. Oh and at Super Wok I generally get Cashew Chicken, Fried Rice, and Chicken Lo Mein.

if we dated, what would our ship name be? (if you don't know what that is google it noob)
which players do you look up to the most/draw the most inspiration from?
what tour do you want to win the most?
am I the laziest teammate you ever had to deal with?
any specific game you're proud of?
ly
1. Ofc ik what that is smh. Probably vivri, I can't think of any name that'd work better than that, also we don't have to be dating to be shipped >:D. :eyes:

2. This is gonna be a long answer b/c there's a lot I can ramble about. I really got into UU from just spamming people with questions. The way Pak and I's brains work seem to be oddly similar so I always go to him before anyone else w/ like general "I suck at mons" rants as he's someone I've always respected as a player and builder. I think being in bushmaster's snake chat and seeing z0mOG's small rants about vet midgrounds and how dumb "predictions" are actually impacted me as a player w/o me even realizing it until thinking about this question tbh. Obviously when you're first starting mons I think everyone has that mindset of like "I'm gonna predict that he goes ____" on a turn to turn basis, and watching z0m's youtube games led me to think in a way that's more uhhhh computer-like, but I have the IQ of a small seahorse so I think I've really got a big mesh of being a clicker and that. Again, Pak said something to me that was simplified to the point where it stuck in my brain and made enough sense to feel like it made a break through, he mentioned to me in one of the earlier weeks in ltpl that a lot of the time you're instinct is gonna be right, you just have to take that extra step and think about whether it's truly worth or not to trust that instinct. That mindset did the job of really helping me balance my urges to click and my urges to have this dedicated gameplan and never stray from it or even bother making a play. In omwc I had a shitty mu and kinda just didn't do anything to try and dig my way out of it, I didn't make any plays and rozes lectured me about situations like those, and w1 of ltpl I had a p shitty mu and played passive as fuck so thru those experiences I've tried to be more conscious of my mus. CoolStoryBrobat and Amane Misa are the only two tutors I've ever had and misa especially helped me gain experience by yelling at me whenever I made a shitty play in a test and ghosting me really really early on w/ HO on the ladder when I used to spam balance. Sacri' you are definitely an early role model as when I was really first getting into it, p much everyone hyped you as the person to beat in the tier and your existence definitely motivated me to improve. I am literally so obsessive about improvement and so competitive and I've taken this game way too seriously for a solid amount of time at this point so the length of this answer doesn't surprise me but I've thought way too much about how to get better at this game over the years LOL. In terms of building I think really early on sparrow kinda molded all the young uu room-goers on how you build a team, Surgeon actually REALLY introduced me to the more fine details of building > just building over a check-list format which most people generally lean on. Pearl's existence and general respect across the community always motivated me to be at like that level as a builder... I still remember him explaining his z fight sciz set to everyone in uu chat and how in-depth he went with it and how foreign it sounded to me at the time, oh and Christo's general persona was something I looked up to when I was really new bc of his proficiency especially in team tour settings and unwavering confidence, also I like shit talking too. I will stop this fucking biography of an answer now lmao.

3. SPL or Snake ig, I love team tours a lot, especially when you've got a fun/good team around you. In terms of an invidual, prolly majors, idk why but I really like the concept of majors and I wanted to win it the last time around but didn't quite get there. I fuckin love pressure tho so team tours always feel the most fun to me.

4. Probably not, going into it we knew you weren't gonna be around much and I'm p sure that's like 80% of the reason Pak got me > some other guy that he can just slave both slots for bc he knew I'd be willing to slave with him for your slot. We had a nice lil thing goin for your slot it was super fun. You didn't seem too lazy, moreso just busy, you seemed to care at least a little bit too bc of your reactions to winning or losing. Idk if I've ever really been with someone that's like absurdly lazy but I never took you for someone that was super lazy throughout the tour.

5. I dunno, I remember being proud of my majors series vs TSR but I don't really recall why. I'm having quite a difficult time thinking of an answer to this question honestly, I end up being frustrated with the things I did wrong more often than happy with myself for winning unless I played like a fuckin god. Beating ABR in ou ssnls months back was p cool ig?

6. ly more

Last edited:

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Just 3 questions
Which are your favorite/most hated cores in USUM UU?
Which metagame or tier do u find disgusting or annoying?
If u could drop one mon from the actual OU metagame to UU which one would it be and why?
Maybe kind of random questions but whathever xd

ishtar

your affection
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
PU Leader
What are your shortcomings in life?
Have u beaten Mengy in iOS anagrams?
Which is your favorite gen 8 mon and how does it reflect the type of person you are in the inside?
Whos your fav Yuyu Hakusho character, why?
[01:33] %passion!~: idk im kinda wondering what viv's favorite seiko song is
[01:34] %passion!~: or if he stans loona....

Happy to be your friend, you more epic than u think <3

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
I want your love, but you're always ignoring me, what can I do to obtain your love?

What makes you the communist of this chat?

Why am I the best UU player of all time?

Why haven't I been highlighted yet in this thread?

Notily

dirt rich
3 favourite non-rap songs atm?

what do you think is the coolest thing you built in gen7uu?

what have you learned about this website in your journey from iron chef shitposter to subforum mod?

as someone who experimented a lot with hyper offense in gen7 (webs thoughout the gen and the HO's you used in your majors run), what mistakes do you think newer players make when building HO?

up and coming players you think will see success in gen8?

f/m/k rotom-h araq shedinja

vivalospride

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Just 3 questions
Which are your favorite/most hated cores in USUM UU?
Which metagame or tier do u find disgusting or annoying?
If u could drop one mon from the actual OU metagame to UU which one would it be and why?
Maybe kind of random questions but whathever xd
1. Diancie + Gligar core is always lame as fuck tbh. As for favorites, Tsareena + Doublade is something I always ended up randomly having as Clefable would tell you. Oven + Prima is something I haven't used a ton but whenever I did I got a lot of success with it. Maero + NP Lucario was something I used centuries ago and loved a lot.
2. gen7uu
3. I don't personally care too much or even can think of any ou mons I want in uu so I asked Pak and he said Mandibuzz

was this guy really your best option for interview number 1?
edit: what's your ssn
1. Probably not
2. 21

What are your shortcomings in life?
Have u beaten Mengy in iOS anagrams?
Which is your favorite gen 8 mon and how does it reflect the type of person you are in the inside?
Whos your fav Yuyu Hakusho character, why?
[01:33] %passion!~: idk im kinda wondering what viv's favorite seiko song is
[01:34] %passion!~: or if he stans loona....

Happy to be your friend, you more epic than u think <3
1. A lot, main ones being anxiety and laziness. Especially laziness. I'm lazy as fuck and only get motivated to do something if I really wanna do it, which is p rare. I could go on for hours tho.

2. I don't recall, I think I beat him once, I definitely tied at least once. Maybe I tied twice, idr. It's like 204893878920-maybe1 tho as the record.

3. LOL good question. Probably Sirfetch'd, main reason for it tho is 100% because I loved Farfetch'd so much. I thought the idea that this thing had such a cool ability (Defiant) while having it's own unique item + Swords Dance was so cool. I was one of those guys that thought you were a pussy ass bitch if you used legendaries, I actually remember asking sparrow to rate a team of mine in the very beginning of my sm uu days and he told me to use Latias and I was like "I'd prefer not to use legendaries" LOL. Reason I brought that up is bc mons like Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd are like exclusively the kind of mons I'd use in game and I love so much. I thought the mons that were made specifically to look cool were so lame and the ones that I identified with or just personally had a taste for were the coolest. I don't know what it says about me but I feel like I can loosely connect it (this is a huge reach) to not caring what other people think and just being yourself bc I like a lot of scrub ass pokemon for reasons I don't even know and I always try to rep them bc I like them, even if they suck or others dislike them.

4. SUPER good question, kind of stemming from the answer above I have never ever been the type to have the main character as my fav character of the show. But YuYu Hakusho is prolly one of the only exceptions to this bc I just identify with the complete asshole that is Yusuke Urameshi too much. I used to lie to myself and say Hiei is but that's bullshit. Yusuke is one of my fav fictional characters ever.

5. I did some research by listening to roughly a minute total of seiko music and I have decided that 7:77 is my favorite bc it reminds me of 4:44 (Jay Z album) and 7 is like my 3rd fav number, maybe even 2nd tbh.

6. No but I do not dislike

7. Happy to be your friend as well but that is cap!

Yes I would love to rate them but I am a VERY busy man. Please refer to FUMA HI-FI for these rates. My favorite is w/o question: https://pokepast.es/d37d82211eff579b

if xavgb didn't hax you who knows what woulda happened... (you woulda won)

I want your love, but you're always ignoring me, what can I do to obtain your love?

What makes you the communist of this chat?

Why am I the best UU player of all time?

Why haven't I been highlighted yet in this thread?
1. I think ignoring people is like objectively a piece of shit thing to do, even if I hate you I will always respond to you and talk to you in full length conversation. If I ignore you it's because I'm afk, I don't have the motivation to be on PS most of the time anymore compared to way back so I'm afk quite often. I apologize, I have nothing but positive feelings towards you!

2. Idk how to answer this as I don't really even understand the question ;_;

3. Idk, the rest of us just aren't trying hard enough tbqh

4. I apologize, I have highlighted quite a few people at this point Baloor

3 favourite non-rap songs atm?

what do you think is the coolest thing you built in gen7uu?

what have you learned about this website in your journey from iron chef shitposter to subforum mod?

as someone who experimented a lot with hyper offense in gen7 (webs thoughout the gen and the HO's you used in your majors run), what mistakes do you think newer players make when building HO?

up and coming players you think will see success in gen8?

f/m/k rotom-h araq shedinja
I was waiting for you to ask questions bc I kept seeing you looking at the thread and I knew you'd ask some good ones >:)

1. Hiatus Kaiyote - Building A Ladder, Cavetown - Devil Town ig.. peach recommended this to me and it's super edgy but I find myself consistently listening to it a lot, Sunday Service Choir - That's How The Good Lord Works

2. There's literally no way I can answer this genuinely bc I just made too much shit throughout the gen. But I will give you whatever comes to mind. This team isn't particularly cool but I am very grateful to have built it bc of the absurd amount of success I had with it, beating Lycans in UUPL and then getting reqs in a record breaking time, smogon twitter tweeting it out, laddering being infested with it for p much the entire scizor suspect LOL. I had so much fun with this team.

THIS team is like the coolest fucking thing ever to me even tho it is like 2-54892. I built around rock z + taunt Terrakion bc in my head it could break fat whilst still being able to break guss/glig with rock z and not having to go fight z for quag. Doublade is just doing doub things, being a general switch in to some of the shit that forces out rak such as Bullet Punch and fighting types whilst just offering general role compression and being a soft lati check. It's also really cool bc it's suit weak and can give rak opportunities to setup on choice locked suit mons or vs dark types in general, makes Knock Off not very safe to click vs doub. Malt takes a ton of weight off doub's back here as it's a p bulky variant w/ Defog. Malt checks krook, lati, nape, etc. which helps the first two slots quite a lot. Not to mention Body Slam is the same para chance as Scald's burn chance so you're basically just paralyzing shit for Terrakion to thrive, ALSO you can potentially chip shit like Doublade to open holes for rak. Scarf Krook is p obvious as I needed speed control and a strong fighting type obviously appreciates pursuit support, especially in this case Krook is p much the only suiter that reliably traps doub to at least some extent even at full hp. Oven gives me a pivot to get my shit in and solidifies my sciz mu, also giving me a ground immune and bird resist, taking pressure off of doub and malt. Rocks celebi gives me something that can reliably pivot into status and scalds and form a neat pivot core with the oven whilst providing rocks and general cool utility. I'll explain the techs that I haven't explained yet, they're not just bc I felt like plopping cool shit lol. Beat Up krook is p much specifically for Mimikyu and the fact that I didn't feel like I needed any of the other options bar maybe Iron Tail? Doublade is my steel so Mimikyu can be a very difficult matchup late game and Beat Up makes it so I can get chip on it even if it's disguise is still in tact. I won't explain fuma spreads (the malt spread) bc I forgot what most of it does, ik a lot of it is lati calcs and there's even a few opposing malt calcs which all pans out perfectly bc thats what this team needed from malt. Ring Target on oven happened when I realized I literally couldn't break Gligar outside of Terrakion +2 rock z'ing it, which is not a very reliable means of breaking something that can just freely pivot around as it pleases, but it's also so good in unison with Celebi bc it forms a really nice utility pivot chain with celebi just coming in for free vs grounds that oven pivots on, also crippling bulky grounds like hippo and glig and whatever else for rak. So Celebi is like kind of my Slowbro answer so you might wanna go Toxic in that last slot but hwish is also p nice, Toxic would help with making progress which can be difficult if you don't play like perfectly lmao. Kasib Berry on Celebi is also for Mimikyu, bi is faster than kyu so it's forced to sneak which celebi eats at +2 w/ kasib p easily iirc which is great in those situations where you just wanna break the disguise. This post is long as fuck so I'm gonna leave it at that LOL.

3. I learned that contributing isn't worth it unless you truly and genuinely find it fun to the point where you can be happy as just a contributor, that's first off. That's just scratching the surface tho, I can ramble for hours about this site bc it's honestly insane at how much people put into it (including myself). When people say this site is mostly just people circlejerking that's 10000% factual, I promise. People get so invested into their friend groups on this website but a decent number of people at the end of the day always like to separate their irl and internet lives. It's like pure escapism, where people can go to feel cooler and more comfortable than they are irl bc it's the fuckin internet, which is completely understandable bc it's so fuckin easy to be yourself on the internet. But because they separate their irl and internet lives, most of the relationships they form on this website only go so far, this OBVIOUSLY doesn't apply to even remotely close to everybody but it's just hilarious how shallow most circlejerks I've been a part of/seen are and it's so offputting. This is best summarized by just looking at the tours community and seeing the headassery that is that entire section of the forum. The whole "elitism" thing is mostly a meme but people being rewarded based on who you know > effort you put in is 10000000% real and if anyone denies that they're definitely braindead. This is the case irl too in a lot of situations so I don't think the site is completely at fault, it's human nature. Aside from that I've found that p much anybody that's motivated to be somebody on this site can 100% do it, just depends on what you define as "somebody". If you contribute and genuinely work at improving at mons then you can do some shit in the community whether you're a fuckin idiot or the smartest person alive tho, this game is like chess but for idiots, anyone can pick this up and learn it if they invest the time and have an IQ above like 90. Idk I'm rambling about random shit but for the most part this site sucks ass and the way to go is prolly just playing mons a lot and never contributing bar random np posts/suspects bc no higher ups actually respect contributors at all most of the time.

4. Ye I have been a big HO head for a while now. HO is really unique in the building process, for example in gen7uu there was SO many fuckin krook+guss/tenta cookie cutter BO spammers bc it's just so fuckin linear and easy to grasp and build consistently. HO is like, a lot of the time you just have to fuckin let go of the idea of defensively checking things... but there's also times where it definitely comes into play so it takes a lot of experience to like get the perfect like 90 10 or 80 20 balance with it. I remember someone told me that esta used like sd bug z roost scizor on webs HO so it can check lati better. I think that's prolly the very very first step but also the most difficult step from transitioning from balance/BO to HO, putting too much value on defensive counterplay. Let's put it in the game situation: opponent sends out Lati vs your unboosted Infernape (random example) -> you send out your roost scizor to check the lati -> lati attacks your scizor as it comes in -> you roost to be able to come in on it next time as well -> as you roost the opponent brings out a threat and you don't have any switch ins bc it's fucking HO so you just sack something or give up a huge chunk of something's HP bar for no reason, to put it simply: you lose momentum b/c you're in a situation where you're forced to switch out vs something threatening and this just does not make it easy for you to keep momentum, keep hazards up, and play to HO's general strengths. Instead of the process in-battle being: your threat is in, they go to check, you go to something that abuses that check. The process is usually: your threat is in, you either double to gain a lot of momentum vs whatever check comes in or you try and do as much damage to that check coming in as possible, opening holes for other threats on your team to potentially clean/sweep. This is just something you have to keep in mind, think about how your team offensively synergizes > defensively or even generally.

4. My money is all on Twilight this gen. Others I can see making waves are Notily, martha if she can muster up the courage to believe maybe she can beat someone in a game of pocket monsters bc anyone can beat anyone, uhhh idk the rest of you suck.

5. f shedinja - it's got that hole in it's back so it can work
m rotomh - it's an oven so it can prolly cook
k araq - I don't like spiders irl at all, I highkey hate them

1. Top 10 albums of 2019?

2. What's your Wendy's order?

3. When will you finally condemn the war crimes of Bashar al-Assad?

4. ¿Te hablas español?

5. Who bench presses more: Mega Swampert or Buzzwole?

6. Do you want me to re-upload the UU metagame discussion video we did together?

; )

vivalospride

how does Feliburn feel about being so cool his style made it to UU

what are the best and worst OKC Thunder moments of your life

Worst good pokemon in gen 8
1. I have no idea, Feliburn pls PM Sage with your thoughts on this matter

2. Great question!! There's so many. As for best, one of my all time fav moments that I find myself going back and rewatching literally all the time is I think the 2012 or 2013 playoffs vs the Lakers. I think it was game 4 or 5 and OKC was shitting on them in the series, but basically someone passed the ball to Kobe and Russ steals it and gets this absolutely absurd and-1 layup and the crowd fucking loses it. Another one is obviously Russ's game vs the Nuggets where he secured the record for most triple doubles in a season, that entire game was just ridiculous. OKC was down 13 or 14 points in the 4th quarter and Russ pretty much single handedly went on a run in the 4th and ended up hitting that crazy game winner from like 30 ft+ out. There're two absolutely legendary games against the Magic that stick out in my memory. One of them is the year before KD left iirc and KD hits a shot to get okc up by one (i think) with like 30 seconds left or so. Victor Oladipo gets the ball in iso with Andre Roberson on him and just breaks him down and hits a three to get the magic ahead with very little time left on the clock. Russ just takes the ball and fuckin HEAVES this shot from about half court and it goes in and it all happened in such an absurdly short amount of time it was one of the best endings to a game I've ever seen. The other magic game was when Russ got a 57 point triple double and similar to the nuggets game, he p much single handedly carried okc in the 4th quarter when they were down by about 16, they won in OT. The ENTIRE OKC vs DAL playoffs series whenever tf that was sticks out in my brain so much, KD had two insane game winners in that series and that dunk on Brendan Haywood will forever be ingrained into my brain. Nick Collison vs Zach Randolph battles in the Memphis vs OKC playoff series that one year stands out a lot too. Obviously the whole 2012 playoff run where we made it to the finals was incredible. I WATCHED EVERY SINGLE OKC GAME OF THE 2016-2017 NBA SEASON. Dude I can literally go on for fucking hours about this bc we had such a good run of being a really good team ;_;.

Worst moments would be this entire offseason, idc how much we got and how good we still are, it was heartbreaking by default for sure. The past 2 seasons were enjoyable but very depressing to look back on when you think about the playoffs especially. Last season specifically we had SO much potential, PG was having a year unlike any other and Russ was playing well, there was so much potential to be a championship contender but instead it felt like we just kept beating ourselves by playing way way way below our true potential. Dame shot vs PG obvi sticks out. Pat Bev injuring Russ a while back was a horrible moment. KD leaving for the warriors ofc. Losing in the finals. Not paying James Harden for some fucking reason. The fact that Andre Roberson has not played basketball and is being payed for the past 2 fucking years?!?!?! The fact that Andre Roberson is dating Rachel DeMita and I'M NOT :(.

3. I have no fuckin idea what this means.

When did you first start playing basketball?
When I was 3, technically. I only really actually got into trying to improve and playing on like rec/club teams when I was about 9 tho.

1. Top 10 albums of 2019?

2. What's your Wendy's order?

3. When will you finally condemn the war crimes of Bashar al-Assad?

4. ¿Te hablas español?

5. Who bench presses more: Mega Swampert or Buzzwole?

6. Do you want me to re-upload the UU metagame discussion video we did together?

; )
Why did you only ask questions you probably know the answer to already

1. IDFK this is so hard, 2019 was mid. In no order: Everything's For Sale, Ventura, Bad Vibes Forever, uknowhatimsayin?, Revenge of the Dreamers 3, Arizona Baby, Death Race for Love, Rap or go to the League, uh, Jesus is King?

2. #6 nothing on it

3. No hablo español

4. Sí

5. Conkeldurr

6. Shore

Would you rather be Richard Gere, but without the girls or Stevie Wonder with well functioning eyes, but without the musical abilities?

We all witnessed you branching out with your influencing Hitmontop cleric-balance back in ORAS https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-189935540, but what playstyle(s) do you feel you excel/struggle with now? Are you comfortable using anything from Innards Out Pyukumuku-stall to ratchet HO’s and with what do you win the most games?

Would you rather grow pubic hair instead of teeth or teeth instead of pubic hair?

Who are your favorite players to go up against and what opponents make you frustrated more than anything when facing?

Explain your thought process when building teams, preferably in multiple dozens of paragraphs so sample-snatchers like myself can understand: are your building ideas usually based of a breaker, a defensive core, a teamstyle, aesthetics, a mon/set that is extremely good in the metagame or something else?

Top 7 cakes? (pancakes don't count)

vivalospride

What character trait(s) do you value?

for example, I like hardworking people.
I like honest and straight forward people a lot. Anyone who doesn't say things just to please everyone and is just honest with how they feel even if it might hurt someone's feelings in the moment are people I like. I think making someone believe you like them when you don't is toxic and not being upfront with someone about how you feel about them because you don't wanna hurt their feelings is like extremely shallow in the grand scheme of things and ends up complicating/making things more difficult for the person you're "trying to protect". Protecting from feelings in the first place is stupid bc it's inevitable as fuck to feel sad sometimes, or just insert literally any emotion ever. I got sidetracked and ranted about some random shit for a lil bit but yeah honesty is the thing I value the absolute most prolly.

Would you rather be Richard Gere, but without the girls or Stevie Wonder with well functioning eyes, but without the musical abilities?

We all witnessed you branching out with your influencing Hitmontop cleric-balance back in ORAS https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-189935540, but what playstyle(s) do you feel you excel/struggle with now? Are you comfortable using anything from Innards Out Pyukumuku-stall to ratchet HO’s and with what do you win the most games?

Would you rather grow pubic hair instead of teeth or teeth instead of pubic hair?

Who are your favorite players to go up against and what opponents make you frustrated more than anything when facing?

Explain your thought process when building teams, preferably in multiple dozens of paragraphs so sample-snatchers like myself can understand: are your building ideas usually based of a breaker, a defensive core, a teamstyle, aesthetics, a mon/set that is extremely good in the metagame or something else?

Top 7 cakes? (pancakes don't count)
1. Dude what the fuck LOL, ig Richard Gere?! what's the point of being a talentless Stevie Wonder, idgaf about eyesight if I could be a musician of that caliber.

2. Ah wow thank you for noticing my ORAS UU prowess. That team was truly influential to the metagame, Pak even told me himself that he got inspiration from it on several occasions, he tried his best to replicate what I mastered but failed consistently, that's ok tho! I was bred by the ladder and using complete and utter dogshit mons simply bc I wanted to so I think I'm pretty comfortable with any and all forms of cheese. I definitely feel the most comfortable with HO/any real variant of offense because I have a very short attention span and "long term" planning is simplest for those teams in-game. Laddering with it a ton helped me improve at mons a lot bc it's a pretty simple process to think about what you need to do to win, it's just a lot more difficult actually executing it in-game because of how aggressive some of the plays you might need to make can be, unless your matchup just steam rolls the opp. But yeah def offense > everything else for me bc of my short attention span and small brain. I definitely struggle the most with stall maybe? or balance? Balance I think is what I spammed for the majority of my time as a super duper green user that just shitposted in uu room bc at a very shallow level it's quite easy to grasp building, I'd just be like "breaker, wincon, physdef wall, spdef wall, cleric maybe, removal... badabing I have a team", and obviously thru improving exponentially at the game and building I think I can build a balance team completely fine but piloting is probably a diff story, I think I play too beta with it and try too hard to stick to a confined pattern and I just end up being on my heels the whole time and get overwhelmed unless my mu is incredible.

3. Def teeth instead of pubic hair, that at least wouldn't be visible with clothes on... at least not entirely.

4. First fav to go up against that comes to mind is PinkDragonTamer bc he's like literally an angel. I've never seen a more understanding and lax individual. A lot of people can get haxed or something and they'll just completely shut down and tilt into rage to the point where if you tell them the hax was like completely irrelevant to the game and that they lost anyways or something they'll just yell at u for being retarded. Pdt is not like this, like not even close, he's like a robot that was built to be a good sport and it's extremely admirable. He also generally always gives a good fight. I love fighting Indigo Plateau bc I freeze his hippo w/o fail every time. I LOVED fighting McMeghan in UUPL bc I played like complete trash in the end game and haxed him but he was so fucking cool and nice about it and I was super grateful towards him bc of it. FUMA HI-FI is fun to spar with bc he's generally chill about it and doesn't freak out at like hax or mu, and takes it seriously enough to improve from said spars, but as a person that guy's a fuckin asshole LMFAO HAHAHAHAHA. I also love playing Adaam bc I just lead araq and win.

Idt I have anybody I specifically struggle with or dislike playing against, at the beginning of my UU days danger zone was my most feared opponent ever, I lost every single game i ever played w/ him and I thought he was the greatest player to ever live. pokeisfun during the iron chef days is also quite stressful bc he just stalls you while you're using your shedinja webs variant #57483 and you end up playing 574839 turns of complete manslaughter, p sure he went like 33-0 in iron chef season 2 or some shit. I hate playing Adaam w/o araq bc I just lose 6-0. But other than that I can't think of anyone I specifically hate playing against.

5. I don't have the energy for a few dozens of paragraphs, but idk, I don't think I go into building with the same mindset for every team. It really depends on what I'm trying to do or what I'm building for. If I'm building for some tour or something then I'm pretty flexible/open with what I build around or start with, as long as I think it'd have a dece mu vs whoever I'm prepping for then it's fair game. If I'm building just to build and I really wanna make one specific thing work then obviously I'll be less flexible and try my best to make the best possible team I can around whatever tf I'm tryna do, and I'm never afraid to make creative risks if I think it's worth it (which is something that I think is rlly hard to balance, a lot of people plop cool shit onto teams simply bc it's cool whilst still being less optimal, which is fine if you embrace that but if you wanna win a game you gotta find the right balance).

But generally I have a route in mind before i start even adding mons, like whether I wanna go a more offensive route with the build or a more defensive route, which basically equates to "do I create a core with ___ mon based off defensive or offensive synergy, do I add something that abuses it's checks or something that weakens/chips it's checks, some combo of both?" etc... if I'm building around a specific breaker I'll usually prioritize getting the right pivot with it, I remember prepping for Amane Misa in UUPL with Kyurem and deciding ultimately that volt switch coba was the best possible pivot to pair with it bc of what it pivots on, tenta, bro, guss, etc., and I went from there. Prima + oven is another example ofc, oven gets prima in on dragons like lati and drei, while you can also double into prima on incoming grounds for a high reward when oven is in, potentially.

There's obviously the like, check-list format that I think most people start off with in terms of building but it always sticks around to some extent. For example in SM UU if you don't have a steel you're just fuckin stupid most of the time (not necessarily all of the time), and that applies no matter what your building process is. I think a lot of what makes a really good builder is being able to accurately decide and define what your team needs most, weighing matchups, and being okay with not having the most solidified counterplay in the world to everything bc it's just not possible, an out or two is enough in a lot of cases. For example, resisting the urge to tear your SM UU team apart bc it has no fairy bc you can easily implement something like coba/scarf nape + Empoleon or whatever. Idk there are literally fuckin trillions of minor details you can get into that I don't feel like getting into currently bc it will take up 3 pages of Smogon, continue snatching samples you pathetic piece of trash.

6. I don't like cake much so pancakes will indeed count.
- Pancakes
- Cupcakes
- Funnel Cake
- Ice Cream Cake, ig
- King Cake for sure
- I googled "different kinds of cake" and found: Depression Cake, that sounds like a winner to me
- Banana Bread, badabing

pancakes or waffles
pancakes

Last edited:
Do you intentionally use underutilized mons when building for style points or do they just end up on teams because they fill whatever niche you need or both?

What would you say your most heat team is?

vivalospride

pancakes or waffles

edit: where were you next tuesday
I was at home p much all day

Any advice for someone looking to get back in Pokemon, specifically UU?
Sage answered this but in case you didn't see it, I wouldn't recommend you get back into competitive mons but if you REALLY want to I'd just ask as many questions as possible and play whenever you're in the mood to play whether it be scrims or the ladder. Ladder has bred a lot of great players, asking questions about the meta or building and asking for thoughts on your builds is extremely helpful tho, especially if you ask various people so you don't end up just turning into a discount version of one player. For me there were so many people that helped me a lot while I was trying to get into gen7uu and there's a lot of people willing to answer questions. If you're just tryna play super casually then seriously just ladder and build whatever tf you want and you'll get back into the groove eventually, building especially helps you get a grasp on a meta tho. Resources also help, like samples n shit.

Do you intentionally use underutilized mons when building for style points or do they just end up on teams because they fill whatever niche you need or both?

What would you say your most heat team is?
1. I actually love this question a lot ngl. When I first started out, like a LONG LONG time ago I used to just use whatever tf I felt like using whether it was viable or not and I steered away from being a "meta slave", but when you really get into mons you realize this strategy is just not viable no matter how insane at mons you are. I'm way too competitive to just use shit for style points, ever since I like really got into the community I never even really ladder with shit I don't think has some sort of niche... but at the same time I'm super open to using off-meta shit. UUPL was my first real team tour experience and I fished p much every week in it bc that's just kinda how I thought you prepped, hence why you saw me using something rather unorthodox p much every week but at the end of the day there was genuine thought that went into it. The best example is the SR Forretress vs roro game in UUPL, forre is p fuckin dogshit in gen7uu and there's no real debating that. For prepping for roro we had a core in mind and it was giving us huge issues, and we finally had a 6 that we liked but it p much hard lost to any malt set, so we swapped the SR coba for forre after thinking about it a lot bc a) it helped the malt weakness b) roro had used stall infinitely that tour and pain split literally sits on stall (mainly blissey) and pivots around freely + something like decid w/ sub. So that's how that happened, There's also been a few times where I've used Vileplume > Amoonguss and that's usually because I hard hard hard hard lose to DD Malt and could use extra sciz insurance at the same time, one time specifically I remember the team had one slot left and fit the prior description but I also didn't have a wincon so growth str sap plume was p fire and worked super well. I also used Cradily one time when the meta was pretty stable so I was like 5 mons in and I felt like I really just needed a glue mon, one that resisted water preferably and took pressure off of Rotom-H as something that can kinda handle birds, it also gave rocks, I actually like popped off with that team on the ladder and won a build comp week thingy with it so that one worked out p well too.

So the answer is that I generally have a reason for what I use and am open to using off-meta shit and I simply refuse to use something I believe is a bad team, and I'm picky as all fuck, ask any pl teammate I've ever had :weary:. Thank you for this question LOL

2. I already kinda answered this here vvv
2. There's literally no way I can answer this genuinely bc I just made too much shit throughout the gen. But I will give you whatever comes to mind. This team isn't particularly cool but I am very grateful to have built it bc of the absurd amount of success I had with it, beating Lycans in UUPL and then getting reqs in a record breaking time, smogon twitter tweeting it out, laddering being infested with it for p much the entire scizor suspect LOL. I had so much fun with this team.

THIS team is like the coolest fucking thing ever to me even tho it is like 2-54892. I built around rock z + taunt Terrakion bc in my head it could break fat whilst still being able to break guss/glig with rock z and not having to go fight z for quag. Doublade is just doing doub things, being a general switch in to some of the shit that forces out rak such as Bullet Punch and fighting types whilst just offering general role compression and being a soft lati check. It's also really cool bc it's suit weak and can give rak opportunities to setup on choice locked suit mons or vs dark types in general, makes Knock Off not very safe to click vs doub. Malt takes a ton of weight off doub's back here as it's a p bulky variant w/ Defog. Malt checks krook, lati, nape, etc. which helps the first two slots quite a lot. Not to mention Body Slam is the same para chance as Scald's burn chance so you're basically just paralyzing shit for Terrakion to thrive, ALSO you can potentially chip shit like Doublade to open holes for rak. Scarf Krook is p obvious as I needed speed control and a strong fighting type obviously appreciates pursuit support, especially in this case Krook is p much the only suiter that reliably traps doub to at least some extent even at full hp. Oven gives me a pivot to get my shit in and solidifies my sciz mu, also giving me a ground immune and bird resist, taking pressure off of doub and malt. Rocks celebi gives me something that can reliably pivot into status and scalds and form a neat pivot core with the oven whilst providing rocks and general cool utility. I'll explain the techs that I haven't explained yet, they're not just bc I felt like plopping cool shit lol. Beat Up krook is p much specifically for Mimikyu and the fact that I didn't feel like I needed any of the other options bar maybe Iron Tail? Doublade is my steel so Mimikyu can be a very difficult matchup late game and Beat Up makes it so I can get chip on it even if it's disguise is still in tact. I won't explain fuma spreads (the malt spread) bc I forgot what most of it does, ik a lot of it is lati calcs and there's even a few opposing malt calcs which all pans out perfectly bc thats what this team needed from malt. Ring Target on oven happened when I realized I literally couldn't break Gligar outside of Terrakion +2 rock z'ing it, which is not a very reliable means of breaking something that can just freely pivot around as it pleases, but it's also so good in unison with Celebi bc it forms a really nice utility pivot chain with celebi just coming in for free vs grounds that oven pivots on, also crippling bulky grounds like hippo and glig and whatever else for rak. So Celebi is like kind of my Slowbro answer so you might wanna go Toxic in that last slot but hwish is also p nice, Toxic would help with making progress which can be difficult if you don't play like perfectly lmao. Kasib Berry on Celebi is also for Mimikyu, bi is faster than kyu so it's forced to sneak which celebi eats at +2 w/ kasib p easily iirc which is great in those situations where you just wanna break the disguise. This post is long as fuck so I'm gonna leave it at that LOL.
But if you're asking for my like most completely ridiculous team that I believe is actually dece to some extent then idk, maybe one of these?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)