SM OU Please help me! 1550 peak

Introduction

Okay so I gave up competitive Pokémon mid gen V and recently came back to it. I started with Uber’s and laddered and I’m happy with me 1600-1650 ish placement and now I’m branching out to OU and RU and I’ve had more success with OU but I need help now!

Teambuilding Process

I knew I wanted a setter and I knew I liked intimidate from way back when so this guy seemed like a nice start, little did I know he is like OU god. Haha, he makes a nice secondary physical striker too.

this is my special Wall, she is pink she is blobby she is unoriginal. I also tend to like a cleric so doubling up is nice. Also passing that massive wish on is huge.

then I wanted and physical wall and a defogger and as we know, I like to jumble roles up, two boring sets one pink mon as it were, also I love using mew.

thats utility out the way, now I have a noticeable lack of dedicated offence and and special hitters, so special set up sweeper incoming. I didn’t have major typing weaknesses at this point so I just chose someone I could see being a useful asset who helps cover mew’s dark and Lando’s ice weaknesses.

I always want a steal type to eat toxic and I used scarf heatran back in Gen V wanted to give it another run out. Happy to report he works. Get a few free kills when people miss predict him expecting some set up. And my team could use a scarfer too, so that doesn’t hurt

Finally I was missing a mega, I was missing a wall breaker and I only had one physical Attacker. Also no fairy typing which seemed like a mistake so this covers a loooot of bases. Another free intimidate is nice too.

The Team

Princess Leia (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
I made this set way back when I was unfamiliar with the meta so didn’t know about important speed ties, I just wanted bulk and punch and I got that. Intimidate helps with bulk, u-turn makes for a nice pivot, Earthquake is an amazing stab. Stone edge I go back and forth on wether it should be HP ice, but then I’d need to win speed ties or invest in speed EVs and this way I’m not walled by some choice flying types.

Angel delight (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
its a cleric, it’s a special wall. It’s about as generic as a Pokemon can be, I don’t know what to say really. Haha.

My little Powny (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
This set is a really fun late game sweeper, it’s coverage is meh so normally needs some walls removing early game before it can really go ham. Like Mvenasour and Toxapex. In a pinch he can check some nasty things like Bisharp. Most fun though is if you can play around ferrothorn and Celesteel playing leech seed on the switch and they’re not running power wip or air slash respectively he can set up for free very nicely.

Mega Evolution? (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
Tanky EVs, I’ve found thats enough physical investment to get off the will almost all the time and then roost off the damage. Defog is Defog. U-turn is a wonderful 4th slot to pivot out with, ive not known what else to do with it. I did try max Defense and I found I wanted to be able to switch into more mixed sets (greninja) and max special defence and that became too squishy

Hot frog (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
this set is brilliant, overheat dents everything neautral and pretty much kills everything it’s strong against and this team needed a fire move, badly. Flash cannon surprises a lot of fairies who don’t think he will outspeed them, earthpower is good for other heatran and things like Toxipex switching in. HP was a bit of a guess to be honest it covers a lot of earth types with 4x effective that don’t expect him to outspeed. Those speed IVs are to outspeed max speed Gren which really doesn’t think you can outspeed it. Try to switch him in on fire and poison attacks and then earthpower or predict the switch more often than not. That and nice revenge killing.

Punchy tooth fairy (Mawile) @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
No great science went into EVs, I wanted bulk and damage so I got it. Stab moves should be fairly self explanatory sucker punch revenge kills a lot of set up sweeper and knock cripples Pokemon switching in when I can’t predict what they’ll be or my stabs aren’t favourable. Intimidate is a nice one time debuff, often double switch from lando into mawile on physical attacks to make sure she doesn’t take too much of a dent.

Conclusion

im sure this team is full of holes but unfortunately I don’t seem to be able to spot them. I’m not handling the OU meta as well as I did the Uber’s and I need a little push to reach ladder.

Princess Leia (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Angel delight (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

My little Powny (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Mega Evolution? (Mew) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Hot frog (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Punchy tooth fairy (Mawile) @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
You need to change all of your sets i think.

Def Lando
>
Scarf Lando.
he brings speed to the team and bring another win condition than Mawile whose the team needed.He is a better scarf than tran in this metagame too

Scarf Tran
>
into Utility Tran.

It's a fantastic pokemon in this meta-game where there are a lot of very disturbing pokémons for the team like Clefable, Scizor-M that he can counter "easily".
The scarf set is really bad too and Lando scarf+Tran utility is a good core who solidifies the team .

SubCM
>
CM Z-move

I noticed you did not have a Z-Move so play it on Keldeo which is much better than the SubCM in SM.
your set is really outclassed by that one because he has taunt which prevent a eventual Haze/toxic,the power of the z move is really good to have too he can ensure kills at range that hpump cant or just because that didn't miss.

For him,I think you can keep your set or just replace U-turn by Ice beam.
It's as you wish.I just think you need to change the Evs.

>

He is a really better than Chansey I think.
He checks a lot of threaths for the teams like Zygarde,Latios etc..
I run it with wish because WishPass in this team is a splendid idea you can wishpass on Heatran,Lando,Mawile,Keldeo even mew.

For him you just need to change the set I think.
Sword Dance is better than Iron head and you need to play evs on speed to outspeed threats.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
EVs: 32 HP / 216 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 140 SpD / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Oh my thank you very much for replying. I’ll address each suggestions individually.

Starting with Lando- I’ve actually considered running a set like that before, my only miss giving was the lack of a setter. Which I see you’ve covered.

Mew - is there a particular reason for that IV spread? Ice beam of u-turn sounds worth a try, With your suggested changes I have no Heal Bell, what would you think about giving that to mew in place of Defog.

Keldeo - I think I’d find it very difficult to set up calm minds with that set, without leftovers he is completely reliant on wish and any residual Damage like sand or burn or entry will very quickly put him in priority range. Also hydro pump is not reliable enough in such a squishy mon.

Heatran - I disagree. I’ve had great success with my current heatran, he’s probably been win con/MVP more than any other mon on the team. I’m a little uneasy about the version you suggest and who he is meant to trap.

Mawile - if I lose flash canon on heatran and iron head on mawile I have no answer to fairy types. Aside from that what do those speed EVs allow me to outspeed.

Clefable - I really like that set a lot, my only miss giving is the lack of Heal Bell which maybe mew can cover.

Conclusion at the moment I like your suggestions on Clefable and Mew. I am interested in Lando’s move set and spread, but not convinced about losing heatran was a scarf yet so not convinced about Landos scarf. Really not a fan of the Keldeo set I’m afraid, but maybe Lando could use the Z slot? Or would you suggest against that. For Mawile I’m interested in the set but don’t want to lose iron head and flash. But then I’m not convinced about the heatran so maybe I’ll try the mawile set.

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
Play rough Mawile especially with sd destroys Fairies,If you really want to have Iron head play the All-out attacker. Fire fang/iron head/play rough/sucker punch. (164 speed/full atk/rest of Evs on hp iirc)
I just want to said to you that that set isnt the better and the most optimized set of mawile.

You can also run Heatran Scarf if you really want to play it, after it change the scarf lando to z fly user and so play the SubCM Keldeo that you like so much.

Concerning Heal bell,i think it’s a good idea to play it on mew and not clefable if you really want to play it but i think you can run defog lando zfly and then replace defog for heal bell on mew.

Okay so I’ve been trying a few things

The Clefable set is good, although I did switch it to max Special defence because I felt the team was too squishy on that side. With that change she works fine.

The mew set with Heal Bell over defog works I just need to preserve lando more than before. Speaking of preserving Lando, I switched back to leftovers, flynium Z didn’t happen because there are literally no worthwhile lying moves in his movepool. I found groundium Z pointless.

Mawile I’ve been struggling a bit more with. I find it hard to make room to set up.

Still finding Calm mind Keldeo and Scarf Heatran effective, this team supports them better now though :)

HTML:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-759633947
Good example of the Keldeo set saving me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)