SS OU Please help me on building my first competitive team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Building my first team ever in competitive!
Can i please get any advice on how to improve this team and what pokemon should I get for the last 2 slots.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Power Whip
- Dragon Dance

Dragapult (M) @ Choice Specs Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Darmanitan-Galar (M) @ Choice Scarf Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash

First: Let me give u a hint with gyarados:
Besides gyarados is lvl 50 (u should fix this lol), u should play moxie as ability. It is by far the better ability with this set.
Gives u the abiliity to gain a +1 Atk boost every time u kill a pokemon. Helps sweeping the enemy's team at the end of the game.
Because of dynamax this is even more viable

Well. Further it would be a great improvement for the team to have some kind of hazard removel (Defog or Rapid Spin). Cause ur team kinda struggles with Stealth rocks (Gyarados, Galar-darm)
U also should have something that checks Dragons with fire Coverage For example Hydreigon or Dragapult completely destroys ur team. Maybe sth like Togekiss?

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Reactions: TPP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)