Other Metagames Please Help - SS Draft Team

So right now I'm coming dead last in a draft I'm doing with some friends. I think my pokemon are decent but I'm just struggling with using them right... My next match is against first place and I wanna surprise people by putting up a good fight (or even winning?). Anyway... this is the team I've built and I'll also put a list of the opponent's possible pokemon as well as my other pokemon.

Zeraora @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Blaze Kick

Zeraora is used as a general physical sweeper, with its moveset capable of dealing some pretty devastating SE hits on any of the opponents possible team members. It can deal really well with prismarina, chandelure (Possible to turn a potential trick-scarf into advantage, allowing it to outspeed other scarf users), togekiss, and shiftry. However it’s threatened by dracovish, and kyurem…

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Whirlpool

This is a wonderful little tank, capable of dealing some devastating blows to physical attackers, and special attackers with decent attack. Whirlpool is favoured over the usual stealth rocks because it allows me to trap in physical sweepers then use strength-sap, will-o-wisp, and night shade to wipe them out. The EV spread gives it a 25% chance to survive a fishious rend from dracovish, which a strength sap will heal back up while delivering a brutal blow. It falls immediately to chandelure though… which is hopefully what the next member can help with.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Cloyster is another major sweeper, if it gets a shell smash off, it’s extremely difficult to deal with, hitting anything other than jirachi and primarina for super-effective. The focus sash is there to tank a hit from pretty much anything, so long as it doesn’t have priority… making the only threat I can see shiftry with sucker punch. Otherwise the main strategy is to outspeed and sweep with SE or neutral attacks.

Accelgor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Final Gambit
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off

This is used as an all-purpose support mon. It can outspeed chandelure knocking off a potential trickable item, set toxic spikes to deal some extra damage to other mons, or to sacrifice itself and OHKO any mon with less than 364HP (Which is most of them). The only real way this can go south is if it uses final gambit when the opponent switches into chandelure so if I deal with that before I switch in I should be good to get a free 1-for-1.

Gallade @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Psycho Cut
- Stone Edge

Made especially to deal with Togekiss, the steadfast will keep making it faster, with stone edge to shatter it. The SpDef investments with assault vest allow it to survive a few air slashes… it can also deal with jirachi rather well with the earthquake.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind

The last member of my team. The idea is to get off some calm minds and sweep with moonblast and stored power healing when needed. It’s also my SpDef tank and will hopefully be able to cover chandelure, kyurem, and primarina. Despite being hit hard by jirachi.

(I also have: Seismitoad, Wooper, Gyarados, Bellossom, and Polteageist.)
(The opponent could have: Jirachi, Dracovish, Togekiss, Primarina, Chandelure, Kyurem, Dracozolt, Venusaur, or Shiftry.)

If anybody can help at all THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's my first draft and I have no idea what I'm doing, I don't do a whole lot of competitive.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

unlocked

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)