Please rate my diamond battle tower team

This is my first ev/nature like hardcore training team and I did tons of research and I decided to put together a team now it's not made in game yet so I am open to changes but this is what I have planned so far

Garchomp. Life orb
Modest
252attack 196speed 62hp
Earthquake
Outrage
Fire fang
Swords Dance

Swampert leftovers
Relaxed
248hp 216defense 44special def
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice beam*
Protect

Infernape muscle band/expert belt
Naive
252attack 250speed 6hp
Close combat
Flare blitz
substitute
swords dance
I am up for construcive criticism and suggestions. Thanks everyone who posts in advance

This is a nice setup and i think u can easely go past tycoon 2 times.
But i would make your garchomp jolly/adamant as modest will only lower your attack power.
As you will use swordsdance setup i would give him leftovers but due to itemclause life orb can stay or go for muscle band and give the life orb to infernpe as he likes those.
Swampert looks ok .
Infernape doesnt have a good bulk to be swordsdancing so i would change that defenatly. Then again a substitute setup could work but i think his subs will break on the turn he sets them up.

So would changing swords to something like grass knot be more beneficial and I accidentally put modest on my garchomp I meant adamant and I thin thy infernapes subs would only need to last one or two turns to set ups stab swords close combat or flare blitz. And should I change fire fang because I have Infernape?

I would keep fire fang so you wont have a need to switch out after setting up.

As for infernapes subs , infernape is most likely always faster , so he sets up a sub and it gets broken immediatly , try that again if you wish but when are you gonna set up ?

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Garchomp @ Life orb
Jolly
252atk / 196 speed
Earthquake
Outrage
Fire fang
Swords Dance

Swampert leftovers
Relaxed
248hp 216defense 44special def
Toxic
Earthquake
Ice beam*
Protect

Infernape @ Life Orb
nature @ Naive
252 spatk / 252 speed
Close combat
Fire blast
Grass knot
Nasty plot

Follow the sets I just updated for you and you should immediately see the effectiveness of what you're using increase. Good luck.

thanks i see that substitute isnt effective on infernape for the defense i think ill rest on grass knot and i dont think toxic would go well with my playing style could i change it for like surf or something? you cant have multiples of items

I would keep fire fang so you wont have a need to switch out after setting up.

As for infernapes subs , infernape is most likely always faster , so he sets up a sub and it gets broken immediatly , try that again if you wish but when are you gonna set up ?
thats a good point i think im going to go with grass knot instead of subs. does that sound viable?

grass knot on a infernape is nice.
Defenatly when a swampert of the opponent comes in on your infernape .
They think to stall you out while you will just grass knot then to death.

Nasty plot to have a stronger grass knot and flamethrower/fire blast.
Only do it when u expect a switch or think u can live a hit (and life orb dammage )

Modest Garchomp? Modest = + SpA, - Atk. When you use Swords Dance, what stat do you boost? Attack. What does Modest do? Hinder your Attack stat. So instead of having Modest, you could use a/an Jolly or Adamant nature.

Substitute on Infernape is also pretty useless. Infernape's paper thin defenses won't give you the things you need. Although yes, the AI is stupid, I agree on that. But you could do less efforts than Substituting. You could keep Swords Dance and add another attacking move. Stone Edge would serve great purposes to you. Also, change Naive into Jolly or somethin. Cause again, you don't have a Special Attack. You'll only use Naive or natures that would hinder your defense if you are using a Mix pokemon.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)