Please rate my first team!

Hi, I am relatively new here, but have been browsing the forums for ages as a guest. I have finally decided to post my team that I have been using that is at 1500 and climbing.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Smogon description: Landorous is my usual lead. It's ability is useful, taking down some physical attack whereas it's EVs boost defense and HP, making it really
hard to take on Landorous with any physical attack. Earthquake is for general use agains other popular leads, like Tyranitar, which can become a major threat
once it Mega-Evolves. Stone edge is for Flying-types and Bug-types, two types that my team doesn't usually deal with well. It is also there to combat Landorus'
lack of Stealth Rock, what most people usually set him up with. U-turn is just for switching out quickly to something that can more adequetly deal with a threat
or to take down Grass-types.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 SDef / 56 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock off
- X-Scissor
- Acrobatics

Mega Scizor is just that. Mega. Technician is for strengthing Bullet Punch and Acrobatics, two moves that it uses lots. It's Evs are to a) boost Bullet Punch and b) to make it even harder to take down. Bullet Punch is amazing. It goes first generally AND is a Steel-type move! How great is that! Even against Pokemon that aren't generally weak to Steel, just to finish them off with Bullet Punch is one of it's primary uses. Knock off is useful against a range of types and, as nearly everyone gives their Pokemons an item, it's power is doubled the first time it is used on any opposing Pokemon. X-Scissor is just the Bug type move that
gains stab from Scizor's type, not really having any purpose, just there in case of rare circumstances. Finally, Acrobatics is fantastic against the Fight-types that otherwise would give Scizor issues.
Toxicroak @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spd
Mild Nature
- Rain Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Toxicroak is my secondary sweeper after Garchomp. They work well together, as Garchomp can take down fire types and Toxicroak can deal with nearly anything else. Dry Skin isn't a common ability for Toxicroak, but, if Toxicroak is set up well, it can be very beneficial. Leftovers stacks nicely with Dry Skin, keeping Toxicroak's health up. It's Evs make Toxicroak's extremely strong and the mild nature is present to boost the atttack even further, the loss of defense not too much of an issue as Toxicroak's health is kept right up. Rain dance is present to turn on the health regeneration as well as to encourage opposing water types to go in and be tricked by using a water move on Toxicroak whereas it's little-known ability makes it immune to Water attacks. Sucker Punch is useful through being a decently powerful move that, if the opposition is preparing an attack, can smash them before any such thing happens. Finally, Focus Blast gains stab from Toxicroak's type and, due to Toxicroak's Evs, can one-hit many normal type walls that may come in and attempt to stop Toxicroak's rampage.

Tropius @ Yache Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storn
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Attract

I don't think that I have ever seen a Tropius in OU and I can see why, with it's myriad of weaknesses. If I could I would replace it, but I use it for a range of purposes. First, in case you haven't noticed, my team is generally weak to water. Tropius, being a grass type, isn't. It's ability along with it's berry lessens the problem of Ice-types, however they do remain an issue. Leaf Storm is for one hitting pesky water types. Earthquake is for general use, because it just hits so many types well. Aerial ace is for taking down other Grass-types and Bug-types, which could take Tropius down. Attract is so useful in a wide range of situations, I have no idea why people don't use it more often. Tropius is very open to suggestion, as it could be improved in many ways, so please help me with this.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Def
Nature: Adamant
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Smogon description: Garchomp is one of my main sweepers. It's very contreversial to not Mega-Evolve Garchomp, but I don't do it because I feel that the one Mega-Evolution that I'm allowed to use could be better used than to boost Garchomp's already incredible stats. It's item and ability work together really well, making it so that any physical attack on Garchomp take a fair amount of damage from the assailant. Fire Blast is to help Garchomp take down Steel types like Skamory and Mawile, as Earthquake doesn't tend to work so well on them. Dragon Claw is just for general use against Pokemon that my team doesn't have any serious strengths against. Earthquake is just great, taking down most Steel types, Rock types, Fire types and countless others. Finally, Stone edge helps me take down flying types,
which can be a major pain for some other members of my team.

Cloyster @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Skill Link
Evs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Health
Adamant Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash

Cloyster is for coming in after Toxicroak when the rain is still coming down. It's ability greatly strengthens Rock Blast, making that arguably stronger than Stone Edge, which Cloyster can't learn. Its item combined with its massive Defense makes it that physical attacks become an issue that Cloyster doesn't have to deal with. Cloyster's Evs make it extremely fast in Rain, which Toxicroak would've left over as well as allowing its attacks to take a large amount of damage. Ice beam is there to combat Grass-types that may try to take Cloyster down. Rock Blast, combined with Skill Link, make for a massive amount of Rock-type damage, more than Stone Edge. Hydro Pump is to break down Fire-types and is given Stab by the type as well as larger damage by the Evs. Finally, Shell Smash is to boost Attack and Speed further and, although it does decrease Defense with Cloyster this isn't so much of an issue.

Well, thanks for reading and remember, GIVE YOUR OPINION PLEASE!

For scizor, if you don't find yourself using X-Scissor a lot id recommend u-turn over it. Id also opt to choose to go purely physical on toxicroak with an adamant nature and black sludge and drain punch, poison jab and Evs in HP, though toxicroak isn't overly useful on a non rain team. If you only have tropius for a grass type there are lots of better choices; roserade and ferrothorn for starters

Cloyster shouldn't use rocky helmet, being an offensive pokemon. Give it Life Orb or White Herb. It should also have only physical moves as it's natural Sp. Atk. stat is terrible. So replace Ice Beam for Icicle Spear and Hydro Pump for Razor Shell.
Also, I'm not sure about you running Rain Dance on Toxicroak. Give it either Nasty Plot or Swords Dance and make all of it's moves either special or physical. To get the rain up, replace Tropius for Damp Rock Politoed. You say you run Tropius because your team is weak to water while you only have a single water weakness, that being Landorus.

Politoed @ Damp Rock /
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDBold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest / Encore
- Sleep Talk / Perish Song / Protect

Yo there. It's been ages since I've posted here so I'm not really updated on what the current meta is so yeah. I'll give my two cents though.

Attract is a pretty damn unreliable move to run on any poke actually. Some people on PS such as myself (if you play on PS) don't really care which gender to choose, unless of course that specific poke only has one nature like Nidoking and Nidoqueen so I'd scrap that for another move, but as Tropius is outclassed by a lot of potent Flying types in the tier, I suggest replacing him completely.

With Scizor carrying Scizorite, I don't think Acrobatics gets the boost (expert help needed here lol). Anyway, I'd suggest running 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SDef and Adamant on Mega Scizor. It gives it a good balance of offense and defense especially with Swords Dance.
Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / Pursuit
- Swords Dance
- Roost

This is one of the many possible Mega Scizor sets. Pursuit is actually pretty cool here allowing you to trap stuff like the Latis and Gengars. They way you load out yours with 4 attacks is also good, but that could be done better by a regular Scizor equipped with a Choice Band. Running CB also gives you a free Mega slot.
Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower / Brick Break / Aerial Ace

Finally some minor suggestions. I'd replace Cloyster's Rocky Helmet with White Herb to rid yourself of those negative stat boosts. I'd normally suggest Sash, but you lack a Defogger / Spinner meaning SR will render Sash useless as soon as it's set. Finally, I'd replace Toxicroak's Rain Dance with something like Nasty Plot as running Rain Dance on a team that doesn't benefit under rain much is pretty useless.

Hope these suggestions help and good luck with your team!! Welcome to the forums as well!

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
Bug bite is stronger than x-Scissor after the technician boost and has the nifty bonus of munching up any berries the opponent might be holding so I recommend you replace that on Scizor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)