• YES, it's effective

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • NO, it's not effective

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • MAYBE, it works sometimes

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Hi Smogon Community,
This is my first RU team and I think I did a pretty good job with it. The focus is on balance with 3 offence (Gallade, Entei, Fraxure) and 3 defence (Amoonguss, Steelix, Slowking).

My Team At A Glance

My Team

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 212 SDef / 56 Spd
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Leaf Blade

Gallade has the typical Bulk Up set but with a twist. I switched the typical Substitute with Leaf Blade for pesky water and ground types that could stay in on other moves. I could use leaf blade and OHKO them without having to switch and lose the Bulk Up boosts. Drain Punch is for healing and Z-Headbutt for flinch chance. The leftovers are for recovery. Also, for EV's, I have 240 HP and 212 SDef for bulk. Gallade has naturally high SDef and so I use him to switch in on Special moves and so I can get a Bulk Up setup.

Entei @ Flame Plate
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk
Entei is my revenge killer and physical sweeper. Xspeed allows for a +2 priority and so I can get a revenge kill. Blitz is for STAB boost, Edge for coverage. I chose Sleep Talk over other moves because of the plethora of sleep users in the metagame including Amoonguss, Whimsicott, and others. Sleep Talk will usually allow me to get at least a neutrally effective move to use and helps KO the sleep abusers. Flame Plate is so I am not locked into a move with C-Band and so Blitz gets a 20%(I think) boost. EV's are the typical fast physical sweeper spread

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Stun Spore
Amoonguss is my special wall. Clear smog is for stat abusers like Ninjask who think they will be able to pass Speed Boosts to allies. It also helps when Ninjask already passed a boost along with a Swords Dance or Nasty Plot from the current enemy. A Feraligatr with x3 speed and a x2 attack is quite fearsome. Giga Drain is to heal Amoonguss keeping it alive longer. B-Sludge and Regenerator also help it stay alive longer. Now for the reason I actually use Amoonguss; Spore. With a 100% accuracy, spore effectively cripples an opponent for 2-4 turns (Unless they are like my Entei). This allows either Gallade or Fraxure to switch in and get a BU or DD boost. Finally, Stun Spore is to slow the enemy down after one is already asleep.

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Taunt
Fraxure. It is frikin AMAZING. With a very great attack stat paired with D-Dance to fix it's mediocre speed Fraxure becomes a monster (being a dragon it already is a monster but we will overlook that fact). Outrage is for STAB attacks on anything not called Steelix (or any other steel for that matter) Low Kick is for the annoying steels who think they can switch in on Outrage. It takes quite a bit of predicting but when timed right Low Kick can OHKO steels like Aggron and Steelix. Taunt is to stop Baton Passers like Ninjask, Entry hazarders like Ferroseed, and anything that tries to boost it's stats.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Roar
Steelix is my physical wall. SR is for entry hazard damage and Sturdy guarantees one layer of SR. Gyro Ball and Quake are STAB moves that really pack a punch. Roar is to phaze enemy and spread SR damage. I picked Steelix because of his very impressive defences. with my EV spread he can hit a 500+ defence stat and so he is the prime candidate for a physical wall. Leftovers is so Steelix can recover at least a little health each turn.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 Spd
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Protect
- Toxic
Honestly, I don't really know why I use Slowking. This is the one problem with my team. I need a defensive Pokemon and Water-type coverage but I need some pokemon to do it better. As I said, Scald is for water-type coverage and the occasional burn. Slack Off is for heals. Toxic is the main move that I use with Slowking. Protect is to increase the Toxic damage. Please, if you have a better suggestion for a Water type, tell me through the comments.
Thanks all
-Andy

Overall your team looks pretty slow, so that any scarfer outspeeds everything on your team . I think Entei would work well on your team with a choice scarf, I've used scarfed Entei before and it is very good. And not that it really matters, but you should put the last 4 EVs of Entei's into HP, not SAtk. And props for using Fraxure, I've used it before myself and I think its pretty cool.

i think shell smash omastar is an option instead of slowking. Amoonguss takes special hits so you don't really need another special wall in my opinion. use shell smash and a white herb for pure offense. like this:
gary (Omastar) @ White Herb
Trait: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

after a shell smash boost oma outspeeds anything not scarfed, dut watch out for scarf rotom mow.

i also think you should use steelix offensivly. life orb+sheer force and earthquake, iron head, curse and SR, packs a great punch, try it out :)

good luck and i hope my advice was appreciated

ss234

bop.
Hi there. This looks like a pretty cool team, however there are some large weaknesses.

Firstly, you look like you have severe difficulty dealing with Moltres as it simply 2HKO's everything on your team and can come in on so many thigns for free(amoonguss once sleep clause is activated, gallade, steelix)and also 1HKO's fraxure iirc after sr, and if entei takes the tiniest amount of damage it too will fall to Hurricane. You also lack any sort of ground resist, which means the likes of Rhydon can simply flat out destroy you with its STAB EQ.

Therefore, I recommend running LO Aerodactyl over Entei. Aerodactyl gives you a pretty sturdy Hurricane resist, and moltres can't 1HKO after SR, as well as a ground resist, so that you can switch in on an eq and then go to gallade on the stone edge. Entei wasn't really checking all that much, as grass types were covered by Amoonguss and hail gets wrecked by Gallade, Slowking and Aerodactyl anyway. Aerodactyl also has Taunt to stop smeargle leads, which without entei can easily set-up two layers and sleep a poke.

Here is the aerodactyl set:
Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost

GL and I hope I helped

Hi there this is a pretty nice team but as Silvershadow said there are some pretty large weaknesses.

I would suggest you use the Aerodactyl set that Silvershadow has provided as it does patch up that Moltres weakness quite nicely. I would also suggest that on Gallade you replace Leaf Blade for Substitute . This will give you a way to set up on Pokemon such as Defensive Slowking without risking getting burnt by Scald. I would also like to suggest you replace Zen Headbutt for Night Slash as although you lose STAB and miss out hitting Fighting types super effectively this still gives you a way to destroy Slowking and other Psychic types. Once your at +1 Defence no Fighting type will be able to touch you. Just one more thing, I recommend that you replace Protect on Slowking for Fire Blast, this will give you away to destroy alot of the most common switch ins into Slowking such as Tangrowth and Lilligant.

Summary
Gallade - Substitute > Leaf Blade, Night Slash > Zen Headbutt
Slowking - Fire Blast > Protect
and the Aerodactyl set Silvershadow posted > Entei

Anyway gl with the team I hope I helped. If you need any further help feel free to PM/VM and i'll be happy to help out

cresselia is in bl2 which is basically where all the ru suspects go who are too powerful, but no one uses it. durant almost won me a game where I was losing 5-0 I think.

Not to many problem in your team. The first one is flame plate entei. Flame plate is not a very good item choice. I wold recommend life orb over it. While the life orb gives you recoil damage, the power boost aplies to all of your attacks. Also, I suggest using rhydon over steelix. While rhydon may have worse typing and no lefties, it has a nice 130 base attack and STAB stone edge is nothing to laugh at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)