Please Rate My Team! :)

Hi everyone!
I'm new to the Smogon Community, but not new to Pokemon Competitive Battling, i'm battling for about 8 months now. Still, I suck at teambuilding, so I would like you to rate my team and help me out to find some flaws and mistakes, and change stuff.

And sorry if there are some spelling / grammatical mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker! :)

Here's the analysis (pokes are importable):

Foretress (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Change

- Rapid Spin

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Lightscreen

Forry, my utility pokemon. Rapid Spin is sooo crucial on this team, because Volcarona and Linoone are pretty frail. HP Ice can check Gliscor without Protect, and most full evolved Dragons. Volt Change is a useful scouting move and catches Skarmory on the wrong foot. Lightscreen boosts Forry's and the team's SDef.

Linoone (M) @ Sitrus Berry

Trait: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Belly Drum

- Extreme Speed

- Seed Bomb

- Shadow Claw

With proper support, this thing can wreck ANYTHING not named Skarmory. Extreme Speed has +2 priority, and after a Belly Drum set up, it destroys stuff like Blissey, Ludicolo, Volcarona, and so many more... Seed Bomb and Shadow Claw for obvious coverage reasons.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull

EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Charge Beam

- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is my main Skarmory/Forretress/Scizor counter and my special sweeper. Set up on a trapped Skarmory with Charge Beam + Sub. After that Magnezone is able to put big holes in opposing teams.

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance

- Substitute
- Fiery Dance

- Bug Buzz

Volcarona is my second special sweeper, and my alternative to Linoone. It can also set up and wreak havoc. Substitute + Leftovers guarantees as much longevity as possibly and the Sub protects Volcarona from annoying status. The 50%-chance of Fiery Dance raising SAtk is nice, so I went FD > Fire Blast.

Cresselia (F) @ Light Clay

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Light Screen

- Reflect
- Moonlight
- Psyshock

Sometimes Cress is starter, but always my mixed wall, and she does freakin' good. Dual Screens means a lot of protection and support for my set up-sweepers Volcarona and Linoone. Moonlight is a recovery move, although not the very best: rain and sandstorm are all-pervasive. Psyshock check Blissey and stuff like that. This set is completely walled by Sableye.

Terrakion @ Choice Band

Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Finally, Terrakion is my physical powerhouse. Since the rest of my team is special based (even Forry, lol), I desperately needed a physical sweeper. So Terrakion was my choice; it's the standard Choice Band version, pure wallbreaking power, excellent coverage and great speed.

Threat list: Offensive Threats

Breloom: Spore is annoying, Forry tanks the spore, Cress finishes with Psyshock. Volcarona can check it, too.

Celebi: Terrakion's X-Scissor should deal with Celebi, otherwise Linoone and Volcarona can handle it.

Conkeldurr: Bulk Up Conk can be a BIG threat to this team, but if it isn't set up yet, Cress can deal with it. Still a threat, though.

Infernape: Nape without U-Turn will be crashed by Cresselia. Terrakions EQ also kills it.

Lati@s: My team lacks phazing moves, so set up versions of Lati@s are a real menace to my team. +2 Volcarona can handle them as well as X-Scissor of Terrakion, but only if they haven't set up yet.

Mamoswine: This is one of the biggest threats. I have no perfect check for this pokemon.

Rotom-W: Rotom-W is set up bait for Magnezone... since Hydro Pump misses. Otherwise this is dealt with by Linoone.

Scizor: Magnezone :)

Snorlax: Terrakion should defeat it ;)

Starmie: Volcarona outspeeds and kills Starmie with Bug Buzz.

Terrakion: Scarfed Terrakion is dealt with by my Terrakion, and to an extent by Cresselia.

Threat list: Defensive Threats

Abomasnow: Volcarona kills it, Terrakion kills it, Magnezone kills non-EQ-versions.

Blissey: Terrakion should defeat her. Linoone also beats Bliss 1-on-1.

Forretress: Set up-bait for Volcarona and Magnezone. Red Card can be annoying, though.

Gastrodon: Since Linoone is faster than Gastrodon, Seed Bomb will defeat it as well as any a Close Combat of Terrakion.

Gliscor: Forry checks it with HP Ice, but it is a big threat to my team. I don't know how to perfectly handle this.

Slowbro: Volcarona can set up and defeat it with Bug Buzz.

Tyranitar: Tyranitar is offensively AND defensively dangerous. Sand Stream boosts my steel's SDef, and Tyranitar is easyly dealt with by Terrakion. I should watch out for ScarfTar, though.

Sorry if I forgot some threats^^

So, I hope you can help me to improve this team. :) I'm happy about every suggestion, comment... you make :) Thanks for reading! Cheers :)

Killua kun

Pkmn/HxH
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man cool team
That I noticed many of your pokemon as Volcarona, and Cresselia are wasted without wheater, especially your Cresselia whit moonlight, for what I would propose to put in place of Magnezone, Ninetales.
any steel and you will run, into the same status can inflict predict.
Also Forretress That may seem useless .. it is better to Set Standard
and I would recommend you put a spread more offensive to your Linoone

Linoone (F) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Gluttony
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Belly Drum
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SDef / 112 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Sunny Day

IV: 0 Atk

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

IV: 0 spd

Thanks, Killua kun!
Some good suggestions, all in all.
Yeah, Moonlight and Fiery Dance are much better in sun. And Volcarona takes only half damage from super effective water attacks.
Ninetales can check opposing steel pokemon, but Tales hasn't the sweeper-abilities that Magnezone has. But this seems a good alternative to Magnezone, I'll try it and let you know.^^
About the Linoone: Perfect, I'll try it.
The Forretress set you suggested... why should I use Venoshock? I don't have a toxic-sholtCuffle-team, and HP Ice and Volt change worked out great for me. Nevertheless, I definitely consider using Stealth Rock.

I let you know, when testing is over. :)

EDIT:
Man, Ninetales is really perfect for this team. My pokes are independent from weather, and still Ninetales provides great Drought support for Volcarona and Moonlight-Cresselia. :) Big thank you for that!!! On Forry I went Stealth Rock > Light Screen, since I have Cresselia for that purpose ;)
And Linoone reaches now more Atk, and more Speed due to the Salac Berry.

THAAAANK YOU, Killua kun! :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)