Please Rate My Ubers Team: Elements

I'm sorry for multiple posts! I'm new to the forums and I made some mistakes like forgetting the natures. SORRY!!

Hi there, I'm Riley. I'm rather new, but in celebration of me getting a rank of 1500+ on Pokémon Showdown, It seems as if it's time to get my team rated. With your help I can become even better!

As a whole, my team is built around one word: Coverage. The only move types I don’t use are Steel, Dark, Normal, and Bug. In addition, my team is meant to slow down momentum and shut down potential sweepers through methods such as paralysis and surprise. Roar is used to get rid of anything that manages to set up, as well as huge walls that use defense boosters. With a team built around these concepts, I’ve climbed to a solid ladder rank and want to go up from here!

I appreciate any feedback you guys can give me. Honestly if you want to tear my team apart, that's fine. Have a minor critique? Share it with me. All advice is welcome so, in the spirit of competition, Come at my team Bros!

Immediately I decided I wanted to play in the Ubers league because it seems less complicated than the other tiers. There may be more potential Pokémon that can be used, but in reality, only a select group can really be of use.That being said, I felt like a good core to start with was Choice Scarf Kyogre and Steel Arceus.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Nature:Modest
Item: Choice Scarf
Moveset:
~Water Spout
~Thunder
~Ice Beam
~Surf
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Hp/4
Kyogre was good with this set, but nothing great. I changed his Layout slightly and now we have this:

Kyogre @ Lum Berry
Nature: Modest
Item: Lum Berry
Moveset:
~Water Spout
~Thunder
~Ice Beam
~Rest
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Hp/4

Kyogre has incredible coverage in nearly all of his sets. Water Spout is a great move at full HP, and rest helps him keep this power. Call me crazy, but Kyogre is a great check to other Kyogres. It can switch into a water spout, fire off a thunder, rest, then either switch to be used for later or stay in to fire off a killing second thunder attack. The Paralysis chance is a nice boost too. Meanwhile, even with a non-offense boosting item, Kyogre can fire off powerful attacks at whatever's on the field. Ferrothorn is an issue, but that’s why you can switch. As an interesting final note, this Kyogre can out wall Chansey and her sister Blissey. It can rest through status, and it can stall out seismic tosses. Eventually the opponent will run out of Siesmic Toss PP. This stall situation isn't common, but it works well on many pure-bulk walls like forrtress and Deoxys (D).

Then comes my Arceus

Alpha-Omega (Arceus-Steel)
Nature: Timid
Item: Iron Plate
Moveset:
~Extremespeed
~Roar
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe

In hindsight, my Arceus had a terrible moveset. With no boosting moves, he could take hits and little more. I changed Extremespeed to Will o Wisp, but he still wasn't much to brag about

As a result, of the fact that he never killed anything, I made a few tweaks, and now my Arceus is quite different. Like the family of an "Extreme Makeover" contestant, I can now look at Arceus and say "Wow". Presenting the New Alpha-Omega:

Alpha Omega (Arceus Ghost)
Item: Spooky Plate
Moveset:
~Stealth Rock
~Roar
~Calm Mind
~Judgement
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

This Arceus has some serious firepower. A calm mind boost makes him an incredible offensive threat when he fires off a judgment. Stealth Rock is for Utility purposes, helping bring down the likes of Ho-Oh and Lugia. Roar is awesome for phasing, removing both offensive threats that need a turn or two to set up and dense stat boosting walls (Lugia is a great example). The fact that substitutes won’t work either helps further demonstrate Roar’s effectiveness. When you put the pieces together, my Arceus is now a grand Pokémon who can work well in many scenarios.

The third member of my team has not changed at all since his addition to my team. Being my 2nd favorite Pokémon, he has a strong spot in my heart, but he shouldn't be underestimated. Ladies and Gentlemen: Vulkan, my Blaziken.

Vulkan (Blaziken) @ Wide Lens
Nature: Adamant
Item: Wide Lens
Moveset:
~Hi Jump Kick
~Shadow Claw
~Protect
~Substitute
Evs: 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD

Now your gut reaction is probably, "Wide Lens, Shadow Claw and Substitute? No Swords Dance even? What the heck is this guy thinking??" We'll here's what I’m thinking:

1. Hi Jump Kick is an insanely powerful move. It can OHKO an incredible amount of threats in Ubers including, but not limited to: Ferrothorn, Dialga, both Kyurem forms, Blissey, Tyranitar, Darkrai, and Arceus forms such as Dark, Ice, Rock, and Normal. The best part: this carnage happens UNBOOSTED. However, for this to work, it can't miss. With Wide Lens, Vulkan lands 99% accurate Hi Jump Kicks. I'll take that accuracy over life orb recoil any day.

2. Shadow claw is simpler: it's great for coverage. The amount of threats weak to fire in Ubers is a pretty short list: Ferrothorn, Jirachi, Celibi, Shaymin (S), Forretress, Genesect, Scizor, and maybe Ice Arceus. Meanwhile, the amount of Pokemon weak to ghost type moves is pretty large. Psychic is the 2nd most common type in Ubers after Dragon, and the ability to hit them hard is worth every penny. Plus there's the critical hit factor. Bringing down a walling Lugia or Giratina is awesome. Plus with no Flare Blitz, Vulkan keeps more health

3. Substitute seems to be more and more useful the longer I have it. After a substitute, my Blaziken gets two free turns to land powerful moves. Coupled with protect and the ability to avoid status, Blaziken becomes a pseudo-staller who can just get faster and faster and harder and harder to revenge-kill.

With Blaziken on my team, I figured a good forth Pokemon would be Groudon. He hasn't gone anywhere either, but he's changed quite a bit; going from offensively based, to a bulky wall. Initially, he knew Dragon Tail, Thunder wave, Solar beam, and Earthquake, while holding an expert belt. The result was a Pokémon who was simply too situational. Switching to a defensive form, I like what I have now. Presenting Landmaster, my Groudon:

Landmaster (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Nature:Impish
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
~Solarbeam
~Fire Punch
~Earthquake
~Counter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Solarbeam and Counter?" You’re dang right. Solarbeam is incredible for taking down other Groudon, and the myriad of water types in the tier. In the sun, it will really threaten Kyogre, either forcing a switch out or ruining the whale's Water Spout. As a bonus, few people expect it.

Counter is a different beast, being far more situational, yet completely unexpected. I cannot describe how much extreme killer Arceus used to ravage my team. Not anymore. A swords dance extremespeed hitting Groudon now will bring Arcues to the grave. Counter can kill others too like other Groudon or Rayquaza, which further increases its nitche.

The next two former members were simply too situation or had better alternatives: Expert Belt Zekrom
and Baton Passing Mew
. Zekrom was good. I wanted something more though, and then I discovered a true hidden gem in Ubers: Thundurus-I.

[pimg]672[/pimg]

Thunderous (I) @ Leftovers
Nature:Timid
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
~Thunderwave
~Thunder
~Hammer Arm
~Hidden Power Ice
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Good God, I love Thundurus. His Prankster-aided Thunder Waves can cripple entire teams. Dexoys, Mewtwo, Darkrai, it doesn't matter. The fastest and most powerful attackers in Ubers decrease in value by miles when they are paralyzed. The paralysis makes it incredibly easy to switch into something else, keeping Thunderous around to paralyze yet again. This variant has the moves for great coverage too. The fact that he avoids spikes and toxic spikes makes him even cooler. Seriously Thunderous needs to be on more teams. He is just that devilishly good.

Unlike Zekrom, Mew stayed for a while. Baton passing with it is fun but hard to pull off. Feeling like Mew just wasn't cutting it; I removed him in favor of his brother Mewtwo. Boy am I glad I made the change.

Copy (Mewtwo) @ Choice Scarf
Item: Choice Scarf
Moveset:
~Psystrike
~Aura Sphere
~Ice Beam
~Flamethrower
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Scarfed Mewtwo is an uncommon sight in the Ubers tier but it seems like a really underrated set. This set is deadly...very deadly. Psystrike hits so many things amazingly hard and the other moves provide great coverage. That pesky Genesect everyone seems to loath can't U-turn fast enough to avoid a flamethrower. Meanwhile, Shaymin (S) gets shot down by an ice beam and Aura Sphere is good in many scenarios. Mewtwo with choice scarf is perhaps the greatest revenge killer in Ubers. Try it and you won't be disappointed

Well that includes my team. With A combination of coverage, good accuraccy, statuses, and variety, it can perform in many situations. Feel free to coment, ask questions, and raise concerns. Thank you

I don't recommend running Solarbeam on Groudon as SpA is not Groudon's forte.

0SpAtk Groudon (Neutral) SolarBeam in Sun vs 4HP/0SpDef Kyogre (Neutral): 38% - 45% (130 - 154 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Kyogre would OHKO Groudon after taking a SolarBeam really nicely.

Thanks!

I don't recommend running Solarbeam on Groudon as SpA is not Groudon's forte.

0SpAtk Groudon (Neutral) SolarBeam in Sun vs 4HP/0SpDef Kyogre (Neutral): 38% - 45% (130 - 154 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Kyogre would OHKO Groudon after taking a SolarBeam really nicely.
Thanks for your comment Buddism. Solarbeam's high base power lets me keep it around, but maybe I should add some SpA EVs to make it a 2HKO. In addition, Water Spout gets a big power drop in the sun. Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)