SM Ubers Please rate my Ubers team

Hey, I need some help with my Ubers team. I think it’s good but I often struggle with certain mons, so I want to know if I should change certain moves, abilities, items, or even entire mons if necessary.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Toxic

This one’s pretty self-explanatory. Rocks are always a good thing for additional damage and to shut down sashes. Taunt stops opponents from setting up their own Rocks or trying to go for a sweep. Knock Off removes items, which is pretty much always helpful. Finally, Toxic is for bulky mons like Lugia or Zygarde-Complete. Again, pretty obvious.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Surf

Here’s a pretty basic Scarf-Spout set. Water Spout is a literal beast and can easily KO most non-resisting mons if you can consistently keep Kyo’s health high. Ice Beam’s for Grass & Dragon coverage. Thunder’s for Water coverage. Surf’s just here for if Water Spout gets too weak. Pretty destructive all around, if played right.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Another pretty basic set. Swords Dance E-Speed Arceus is terrifying to fight against, and Arceus’s high defences only help to compliment this. Earthquake is here to counter Rock and Steel types. Shadow Claw is for Ghost types, mainly Giratina and Lunala, and I have Claw over Force due to it being very easy to punish.

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
- Focus Blast

This set i’m not so sure on, and have tried out multiple mons like Weakness Policy Blaziken in this spot, but this is the one I’m currently trying. There’s really not much to say about this one, though. Oblivion Wing for STAB and healing, and Dark Pulse for STAB. Focus Blast is there for coverage. Foul Play is just there for if it could be useful, but dunno if it is, to be honest.

Rayquaza @ Normalium Z
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Celebrate
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Surf

Now this is good. Z-Celebrate is pretty good with it raising all Ray’s stats. Dragon Ascent is Ray’s strong Flying STAB, so it’s kinda necessary. E-Speed is for priority just incase I need it. Surf is my ultimate P-Groudon counter, since Air Lock nullifies the effects of Desolate Land. I chose Z-Celebrate over Dragon Dance to boost Surf’s power as well, but I’m not sure which is better.

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Endeavor

Marshadow is one of the best Uber mons in my opinion due to it’s Spectral Thief. We’ve also got Close Combat as our strong Fighting STAB, Shadow Sneak for priority if needed and Endeavor just incase we get in a position to use it. This means that Marshadow can also function as a FEAR Rattata if you want to.

So that’s my team. I’d appreciate some feedback on it’s strengths and weaknesses, and how I could improve it.

UPDATE: I added a few changes to the team. Here’s the changes that I borrowed from YashGreninja’s suggestions, with their reasonings for it:

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Changing Knock Off and Toxic to Spikes and Thunder Wave can allow me to Taunt an opponent trying to set up, remove hazards, etc. then Paralyse them, then set up Spikes if I’m lucky.

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Recover

Recover allows Arceus to last longer, Chople Berry gives it a better chance against opposing Lucario or Marshadow, and E-Quake wasn’t very necessary anyway.

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Using a more defensive set helps give my team more bulk. I did replace Taunt with Toxic because I felt Yveltal wasn’t all that useful without it.

I also took watermess’s suggestion of a Dugtrio as well, replacing Rayquaza with it since it wasn’t all that useful anyway:

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Memento

The main thing Dugtrio is used for is to destroy Pdon. I haven’t checked the exact numbers yet, but Tectonic Rage has KO’d Pdon every time I’ve used it so far. The rest of the moves don’t really matter, since it’s usefulness beyond Pdon doesn’t go all that far.

I’m also thinking of adding a Mega Gengar on my team since I currently have a huge Fairy weakness, but I’m not sure who, if any, I should replace. Or should I use something else instead of Gengar? I’m not sure.

Last edited:

watermess

What? Never seen an idiot before?
is a Tutoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
im not an ubers expert so take what i say with a grain of salt, that said i can see a few things i would change and nobody else has spoken so ill quickly rattle them off here, if any ubers verterans come then feel free to back track anything i say if its not very relevant.

1. scarf kyogre is very scary, waterspout has no real resists outside of ferrothorn and water absorbers, but you have to remember primal groudon exists as well, not to mention its on some 50% of teams or whatever, so kyogre needs that support that can reliably remove primal groudon for scarf to reall flourish as a breaker or cleaner

a great example of good support is ground z dugtrio, which can trap groudon with arena trap and kill it with an adamant ground z after rocks, after this is is extremely unlikey your opponent will be capable of switching into scarf ogres water spout, but before then, its not gonna be so hot in over half your games!

2. i think when people use Ekiller arceus they use chople berry now? people can correct me if im wrong but chople will not be bopped by marshadow so easily and so is perfered over life orb or lefties in your case.#

3. z celebrate is cool, but dragon dance/ swords dance (you do have espeed) can do the same thing and give you just as much coverage
i understand surf killing pdon, but i bet you a +1 or 2 z dragon acsent will do plenty enough for surfs role

+1 252+ Atk Rayquaza Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal: 330-388 (81.6 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(56% chance to ohko with rocks chip and thats a defencive pdon)

and if you run SD over dragon dance i can see you being jolly over adamant but change natures to your own discretion.
+2 252 Atk Rayquaza Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal: 399-471 (98.7 - 116.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

if you have sd or dd with fly z then you dont need surf and have room for additional coverage, great examples include v-create which is base 180 power and fire type so is basically the same base power as stab dragon acsent accept it hits steels super effectively!

sorry for scrappy presentation, hope some if this helps!
peace!

737373elj

Banned deucer.
1. Alternatively, you can simply change the Scarf on Kyogre to Blue Orb instead, this makes Kyogre’s Water Spouts all the more dangerous as well as preserving the ability to switch from move to move, and you’re a much better Groudon check this way because you can change weather to Rain instantly and KO with whatever move you desire.

2. Arceus usually run Life Orb or Chople Berry over Lefties, as the extra health Lefties provide is not suitable for an attacking Arceus set.

3. I believe Rayquaza should not be running a Z-Celebrate set as its far too squishy and many Pokemon have Ice-type coverage, and should instead run Flynium Z or Life Orb.

4. Lastly Marshadow should not be running Focus Sash as there are better options for it like Life Orb and Marshadium Z that increase it’s Attack instead.

I don’t pretend to be an expert, but these are the issues I see here, maybe a person who has played Ubers longer can spot some more major weaknesses. Do tell me if you need the sets.

1. Alternatively, you can simply change the Scarf on Kyogre to Blue Orb instead, this makes Kyogre’s Water Spouts all the more dangerous as well as preserving the ability to switch from move to move, and you’re a much better Groudon check this way because you can change weather to Rain instantly and KO with whatever move you desire.

2. Arceus usually run Life Orb or Chople Berry over Lefties, as the extra health Lefties provide is not suitable for an attacking Arceus set.

3. I believe Rayquaza should not be running a Z-Celebrate set as its far too squishy and many Pokemon have Ice-type coverage, and should instead run Flynium Z or Life Orb.

4. Lastly Marshadow should not be running Focus Sash as there are better options for it like Life Orb and Marshadium Z that increase it’s Attack instead.

I don’t pretend to be an expert, but these are the issues I see here, maybe a person who has played Ubers longer can spot some more major weaknesses. Do tell me if you need the sets.
1. Primal Kyogre is more powerful and does check Groudon, but I often use Kyogre to bait in Groudon so I can easily take it out with the Dugtrio that was suggested by watermess. Also, Kyogre without Scarf gets outsped by plenty of mons, making it not ideal for Water Spout. Actually, I’ll go check the damage difference between Primal Origin Pulse & Base Water Spout. (Edit: Tried to use P-Ogre, but it wasn’t all that useful)

2. watermess suggested Chople Berry already, and it’s definitely an improvement.

3. Same with point 2, and is also a huge improvement.

4. I like running Sash on Marshadow as it serves as my Xern counter (and Stat buffs in general) and also allows me to use Endeavor, which due to it’s seldom use helps me really catch my opponents off-guard. I do think that I should include Rapid Spin or Defog on my team to allow Marshadow to safely switch in.

Overall, Arceus and Ray have already been suggested but are definitely improvements, and Marshadow for it’s purpose I feel like needs the Sash. Thanks anyway, though.

Last edited:
1. Primal Kyogre is more powerful and does check Groudon, but I often use Kyogre to bait in Groudon so I can easily take it out with the Dugtrio that was suggested by watermess. Also, Kyogre without Scarf gets outsped by plenty of mons, making it not ideal for Water Spout. Actually, I’ll go check the damage difference between Primal Origin Pulse & Base Water Spout. (Edit: Tried to use P-Ogre, but it wasn’t all that useful)

2. watermess suggested Chople Berry already, and it’s definitely an improvement.

3. Same with point 2, and is also a huge improvement.

4. I like running Sash on Marshadow as it serves as my Xern counter (and Stat buffs in general) and also allows me to use Endeavor, which due to it’s seldom use helps me really catch my opponents off-guard. I do think that I should include Rapid Spin or Defog on my team to allow Marshadow to safely switch in.

Overall, Arceus and Ray have already been suggested but are definitely improvements, and Marshadow for it’s purpose I feel like needs the Sash. Thanks anyway, though.
Primal Kyogre doesn't check Groudon at all, since you're still vulnerable to Precipice Blades, so Kyogre is better off being scarfed. Best thing is to counter PDon with something else.

Yes; Chople Berry is run on Arc Normal so it can take a Close Combat from Marshadow, and then Arc can Shadow Claw it to oblivion.

I find Life Orb to be more useful but that's cause I like using Dusk Mane, but if you don't use Dusk Mane then Fly Z is fine.

Sash Marshadow is underrated. At full, you can Spec Thief all of Xern's stats off + PDon's stats (if Rock Polish + SD), and you can pretty much use Endeavor + SS. If I get time I'll provide an organized rate on your team that you posted in the original thread opener.

Hey, I need some help with my Ubers team. I think it’s good but I often struggle with certain mons, so I want to know if I should change certain moves, abilities, items, or even entire mons if necessary.

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Toxic

This one’s pretty self-explanatory. Rocks are always a good thing for additional damage and to shut down sashes. Taunt stops opponents from setting up their own Rocks or trying to go for a sweep. Knock Off removes items, which is pretty much always helpful. Finally, Toxic is for bulky mons like Lugia or Zygarde-Complete. Again, pretty obvious.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Surf

Here’s a pretty basic Scarf-Spout set. Water Spout is a literal beast and can easily KO most non-resisting mons if you can consistently keep Kyo’s health high. Ice Beam’s for Grass & Dragon coverage. Thunder’s for Water coverage. Surf’s just here for if Water Spout gets too weak. Pretty destructive all around, if played right.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Another pretty basic set. Swords Dance E-Speed Arceus is terrifying to fight against, and Arceus’s high defences only help to compliment this. Earthquake is here to counter Rock and Steel types. Shadow Claw is for Ghost types, mainly Giratina and Lunala, and I have Claw over Force due to it being very easy to punish.

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
- Focus Blast

This set i’m not so sure on, and have tried out multiple mons like Weakness Policy Blaziken in this spot, but this is the one I’m currently trying. There’s really not much to say about this one, though. Oblivion Wing for STAB and healing, and Dark Pulse for STAB. Focus Blast is there for coverage. Foul Play is just there for if it could be useful, but dunno if it is, to be honest.

Rayquaza @ Normalium Z
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Celebrate
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Surf

Now this is good. Z-Celebrate is pretty good with it raising all Ray’s stats. Dragon Ascent is Ray’s strong Flying STAB, so it’s kinda necessary. E-Speed is for priority just incase I need it. Surf is my ultimate P-Groudon counter, since Air Lock nullifies the effects of Desolate Land. I chose Z-Celebrate over Dragon Dance to boost Surf’s power as well, but I’m not sure which is better.

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Endeavor

Marshadow is one of the best Uber mons in my opinion due to it’s Spectral Thief. We’ve also got Close Combat as our strong Fighting STAB, Shadow Sneak for priority if needed and Endeavor just incase we get in a position to use it. This means that Marshadow can also function as a FEAR Rattata if you want to.

So that’s my team. I’d appreciate some feedback on it’s strengths and weaknesses, and how I could improve it.
It's a nice team, but I'm gonna suggest a few changes that you are free to use/ignore.

MAJOR CHANGES
These are the changes like switching out Pokemon or something, to maybe up the anti on your overall synergy.

:rayquaza: Rayquaza -> :salamence-mega: Salamence-Mega
This change is necessary in my opinion. Mega Salamence has more coverage options and is faster than base speed Rayquaza. You can also run this Pokemon as an option for you to sweep other teams, although it provides pretty much the same as Rayquaza, just that Mega Salamence is faster. Here's the set I would run if you want to run Hyper Offensive Mega Salamence:
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

I probably would've replaced Earthquake with Facade, but you don't have Primal Groudon, and your Arceus Normal shouldn't be running it (I'll get to that later). This set is a fully offensive set made to destroy offensive threats, bulky Pokemon that you can't seem to get through (Blissey appears every once in a while), and provide as an option to sweep the entire game, which Rayquaza previously didn't unless you took the liberty of using Z-Celebrate, wasting a turn. It utilizes Dragon Dance to boost speed and attack, Earthquake to get rid of things like Primal Groudon which Surf previously helped with, and Dragon Claw for STAB after boosted attack. Roost is there to preserve it if it gets low.

MINOR CHANGES
These are the changes to sets, EV spreads, items, etc.

:deoxys-speed: Deoxys-Speed
For Deoxys-Speed, it serves your purpose, but Knock Off and Toxic are not really necessary. Try this set instead:
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

There's 0 reason for any Deoxys-Speeds to run offensive moves in my eyes. This set, like most other Deoxys-Speed sets, are simply for leading and putting up rocks. Taunt can be used for many things, like preventing a sweep & setting up rocks (like you said), but it also prevents your opponent from defogging the hazards out. If they try that, then a turn is burned, and you're still alive. You can then proceed to use Thunder Wave to paralyze them, handicapping their usage for the rest of the match. If RNG is on your side and they can't kill you because of the paralysis, you can set up lots of Spikes. It's a nice earlygame trap, and has a way of biting people in the ass if they aren't prepared for the Taunt.

:kyogre: Kyogre
I like the thought process behind Kyogre. However, the use of Surf + Water Spout can be a little redundant at times, especially since the only thing stopping you from Water Spouting is a Primal Groudon. Like I said in my previous post, Kyogre isn't a great counter to Primal Groudon, because Water Spout is ineffective under Groudon's weather, + Groudon can just use Precipice Blades, which will most likely OHKO Kyogre. That's why, you can run this set:
Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Water Spout
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

While it may seem weird, Hasty on Kyogre is actually a lot better, cause it maximizes Speed, so if you encounter one of those Primal Groudons that have Rock Polish, this may help a little, assuming the opposing Groudon isn't max Speed. Water Spout serves as a way to quickly get rid of Pokemon upon switchin. Earthquake is when you switch into a Primal Groudon that you can outspeed, and you can use that. Ice Beam also functions the same way, but is more useful for other Pokemon as well, like Mega Salamence, Rayquaza, and Ultra Necrozma. Thunder provides a nasty check to other Kyogres, Lugia, Yveltal, and Ho-Oh. This is probably the best way for Kyogre's essence to really make a mark on the match.

:arceus: Arceus
The normal Arceus is mainly used in Ubers to be a sweep option with the use of Swords Dance + Extreme Speed. However, the current set you run doesn't exactly cut it. Try this set instead, and I'll explain why below:
Arceus @ Chople Berry
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Recover

This is the standard Arceus sets that you'll be seeing used in most teams that use it. This set just replaces Earthquake with Recover, so that if you need to preserve it, you can. The other change in this set is the change from Leftovers to Chople Berry. It was previously explained, but I'll make it clear in case it wasn't already. Chople Berry allows Arceus to take a Close Combat from a base Marshadow without having to die. In return, the same turn that Marshadow uses Close Combat, you can use Shadow Claw to either KO it or break its Focus Sash.

:yveltal: Yveltal
Yveltal has so much usage in Ubers, but the way you are using it isn't really the right way to use it. However, there isn't much of a WRONG way to use it, unless the moves don't match the team synergy. Here are two sets that I suggest you consider trying out:

Yveltal @ Metronome
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 60 HP / 12 Atk / 252 SpD / 184 Spe
Gentle Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

This offensive Yveltal isn't full Hyper Offense. It uses Foul Play for lots of damage inflicted (including STAB), Oblivion Wing for the same usage you provided, Taunt to prevent set up mons and status moves from hitting this Yveltal, and Sucker Punch for priority. It uses Metronome as its item, so that if spamming Foul Play is necessary, it will increase damage the more times you do it consecutively. It provides a good check to setup mons like Arceus that uses Calm Mind, and Marshadow.

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

This Yveltal is mainly for self preservation, but provides the same viability that offensive Yveltal does with this team. It uses Foul Play to chip damage off, which can help if super effective or if you are in need of revenge killing your foe. Taunt provides the same usage as the offensive Yveltal, Roost is to preserve its health as long as possible, and Defog is to remove hazards in case your opponent already set them up. I definitely suggest this set over the offensive Yveltal set, because you need some defensive balance with the current team you rock, and also because you previously didn't have a way to remove hazards from the field, leaving you vulnerable to Toxic Spikes, Spikes, and of course Stealth Rocks.

SUMMARY
Sorry if it was a lot of reading. I tried my best to condense it down to important information, but yeah, that's the team! In all honesty, you did well with the choice of mons, but the hurdle that wasn't completely crossed was what sets were best for your success. I hope these changes become of better use if you decide to use them. Again, it's 100% okay if you disagree and choose to not listen to my critiques. I had a good time making this RMT regardless.

- Yash

It's a nice team, but I'm gonna suggest a few changes that you are free to use/ignore.

MAJOR CHANGES
These are the changes like switching out Pokemon or something, to maybe up the anti on your overall synergy.

:rayquaza: Rayquaza -> :salamence-mega: Salamence-Mega
This change is necessary in my opinion. Mega Salamence has more coverage options and is faster than base speed Rayquaza. You can also run this Pokemon as an option for you to sweep other teams, although it provides pretty much the same as Rayquaza, just that Mega Salamence is faster. Here's the set I would run if you want to run Hyper Offensive Mega Salamence:
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

I probably would've replaced Earthquake with Facade, but you don't have Primal Groudon, and your Arceus Normal shouldn't be running it (I'll get to that later). This set is a fully offensive set made to destroy offensive threats, bulky Pokemon that you can't seem to get through (Blissey appears every once in a while), and provide as an option to sweep the entire game, which Rayquaza previously didn't unless you took the liberty of using Z-Celebrate, wasting a turn. It utilizes Dragon Dance to boost speed and attack, Earthquake to get rid of things like Primal Groudon which Surf previously helped with, and Dragon Claw for STAB after boosted attack. Roost is there to preserve it if it gets low.

MINOR CHANGES
These are the changes to sets, EV spreads, items, etc.

:deoxys-speed:Deoxys-Speed
For Deoxys-Speed, it serves your purpose, but Knock Off and Toxic are not really necessary. Try this set instead:
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

There's 0 reason for any Deoxys-Speeds to run offensive moves in my eyes. This set, like most other Deoxys-Speed sets, are simply for leading and putting up rocks. Taunt can be used for many things, like preventing a sweep & setting up rocks (like you said), but it also prevents your opponent from defogging the hazards out. If they try that, then a turn is burned, and you're still alive. You can then proceed to use Thunder Wave to paralyze them, handicapping their usage for the rest of the match. If RNG is on your side and they can't kill you because of the paralysis, you can set up lots of Spikes. It's a nice earlygame trap, and has a way of biting people in the ass if they aren't prepared for the Taunt.

:kyogre: Kyogre
I like the thought process behind Kyogre. However, the use of Surf + Water Spout can be a little redundant at times, especially since the only thing stopping you from Water Spouting is a Primal Groudon. Like I said in my previous post, Kyogre isn't a great counter to Primal Groudon, because Water Spout is ineffective under Groudon's weather, + Groudon can just use Precipice Blades, which will most likely OHKO Kyogre. That's why, you can run this set:
Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Water Spout
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

While it may seem weird, Hasty on Kyogre is actually a lot better, cause it maximizes Speed, so if you encounter one of those Primal Groudons that have Rock Polish, this may help a little, assuming the opposing Groudon isn't max Speed. Water Spout serves as a way to quickly get rid of Pokemon upon switchin. Earthquake is when you switch into a Primal Groudon that you can outspeed, and you can use that. Ice Beam also functions the same way, but is more useful for other Pokemon as well, like Mega Salamence, Rayquaza, and Ultra Necrozma. Thunder provides a nasty check to other Kyogres, Lugia, Yveltal, and Ho-Oh. This is probably the best way for Kyogre's essence to really make a mark on the match.

:arceus: Arceus
The normal Arceus is mainly used in Ubers to be a sweep option with the use of Swords Dance + Extreme Speed. However, the current set you run doesn't exactly cut it. Try this set instead, and I'll explain why below:
Arceus @ Chople Berry
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Recover

This is the standard Arceus sets that you'll be seeing used in most teams that use it. This set just replaces Earthquake with Recover, so that if you need to preserve it, you can. The other change in this set is the change from Leftovers to Chople Berry. It was previously explained, but I'll make it clear in case it wasn't already. Chople Berry allows Arceus to take a Close Combat from a base Marshadow without having to die. In return, the same turn that Marshadow uses Close Combat, you can use Shadow Claw to either KO it or break its Focus Sash.

:yveltal: Yveltal
Yveltal has so much usage in Ubers, but the way you are using it isn't really the right way to use it. However, there isn't much of a WRONG way to use it, unless the moves don't match the team synergy. Here are two sets that I suggest you consider trying out:

Yveltal @ Metronome
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 60 HP / 12 Atk / 252 SpD / 184 Spe
Gentle Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

This offensive Yveltal isn't full Hyper Offense. It uses Foul Play for lots of damage inflicted (including STAB), Oblivion Wing for the same usage you provided, Taunt to prevent set up mons and status moves from hitting this Yveltal, and Sucker Punch for priority. It uses Metronome as its item, so that if spamming Foul Play is necessary, it will increase damage the more times you do it consecutively. It provides a good check to setup mons like Arceus that uses Calm Mind, and Marshadow.

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

This Yveltal is mainly for self preservation, but provides the same viability that offensive Yveltal does with this team. It uses Foul Play to chip damage off, which can help if super effective or if you are in need of revenge killing your foe. Taunt provides the same usage as the offensive Yveltal, Roost is to preserve its health as long as possible, and Defog is to remove hazards in case your opponent already set them up. I definitely suggest this set over the offensive Yveltal set, because you need some defensive balance with the current team you rock, and also because you previously didn't have a way to remove hazards from the field, leaving you vulnerable to Toxic Spikes, Spikes, and of course Stealth Rocks.

SUMMARY
Sorry if it was a lot of reading. I tried my best to condense it down to important information, but yeah, that's the team! In all honesty, you did well with the choice of mons, but the hurdle that wasn't completely crossed was what sets were best for your success. I hope these changes become of better use if you decide to use them. Again, it's 100% okay if you disagree and choose to not listen to my critiques. I had a good time making this RMT regardless.

- Yash
This was a lot of help! Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)