SM OU Please Rate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would greatly appreciate a rate :) trying to get back into pokemon competitively. just threw this team together.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
im using garchomp because he has decent bulk and can usually put pressure on other leads with how strong he is​

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Taunt
tapu lele for psychic terrain cuz i hate priority moves and i like her over the other tapus​

Hawlucha (M) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Roost
hawlucha with a seed just makes too much sense​

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
needed a reliable defoger, open to different mons altogether for this spot​

Greninja-Ash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
another special sweeper and basically a second mega, though it usually struggles with defensive teams​

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off
i needed a steel type because i have a lot of ice weaknesses. and i needed a mega so why not kill 2 birds​

my biggest issue is unaware quagsire and teams that have heavy defenses and just stall me out. Im open to any criticism and if i have to completely rebuild the team from the ground up i am more than willing to do that​

It's perfect, but you should give to Scizor a bug-type move instead of Curse (Curse has negative effects on pokémons that aren't of the ghost-type), its resistance for its type is not enough, he need a move of his type.
And you should give to some pokémon some grass-type move to defend the team from opposite's water-type pokémons.

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

It's perfect, but you should give to Scizor a bug-type move instead of Curse (Curse has negative effects on pokémons that aren't of the ghost-type), its resistance for its type is not enough, he need a move of his type.
And you should give to some pokémon some grass-type move to defend the team from opposite's water-type pokémons.
Curse for non Ghost-types increases the Attack and Defense stat by 1 point and drops speed by 1 point, so it's pretty similar to Bulk Up. Mega Scizor runs Curse in order to fully counter Zygarde and Tapu Bulu. Mega Scizor does not need a Bug move (outside of U-turn which is optional over Knock Off) because the coverage is not that helpful, and he's already got Bullet Punch as a STAB move. I highly recommend checking out the Scizor analysis before attempting to suggest a standard move is not helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)