SM OU Pls rate my team

This is one of my first competitive teams I based it partially around Lucario (my favourite poke)

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere

This is a special sweeper Lucario. I ran a nasty plot set but chose to have aura sphere instead of Vacuum wave because I prefer the power over the priority and I have a revenge killer anyway (more on that later). Aura sphere is STAB and never misses. Dark pulse is for coverage against psychic types. Flash cannon is also STAB and can deal with a few tricky rock types. I also like dark pulse because of the flinch possibility. I've also fully invested in Lucarios speed. Lucario also operates as a wall breaker sometimes but not really

Sceptile (F) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Sceptile is my main coverage for water types. I mostly filled it with special moves but gave it earthquake for coverage. Sceptile is a special sweeper that focuses on outspeeding opponents. (my team likes to outspeed opponents) sceptile can struggle with other dragon types that match or outspeed it. Leaf storm is his main move for sweeping because its stab. Dragon pulse is also stab when it mega evolves but is mainly just a safe sweeping option that doesn't lower special attack. Hidden power fire is for some type coverage and so is earthquake but it is physical so isn't affected by any special attack stat drops

Hydreigon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Hydreigon is the speediest pokemon on the team and is my main revenge killer. U turn is for retreating against unsafe matchups, draco meteor for stab and because it's super powerful, dark pulse also for stab and flinch hacks and fire blast for some much needed coverage against ice types and burn can cripple some physical attackers. Hydreigon is kind of meant to balance out the team as well as it's other purposes. It's also kind of bulky so can take one or two non super effective hits but I wanted all the evs in spcial atk and speed

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Taunt

Gliscor is the pokemon that I send out first most of the time, its ability to lay down stealth rocks while getting rid of the opponents and being able to stop opponents like clefable from powering up makes it a pretty good lead. 3 of its moves are obviously for setting up but I also gave it earthquake so it can defend itself if it needs to. However it is usually only out for long enough to get out a stealth rock. As you can see it is meant to be very bulky so it can take a hit from a speedy pokemon that might try and stop it from getting stealth rock (i.e. greninja with aqua jet or something)

Infernape (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

As you can probably tell most of my pokemon have a crippling weakness to ice types. This is where infernapes dual typing of fire and fighting comes in handy. This thing can take out even some of the biggest offensive threats that ive played against and helps out Sceptile quite a bit. This thing is very powerful but unreliable (like ash's) and is meant to take out some serious threats to my team. I also gave it u turn as an option against psychic types and a retreat option because being locked in can damage this thing quite a bit.

Tyranitar (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit

Tyranitar is meant to be some general backup. It can replace some weather effects which turned out to be quite handy and also provides extra coverage for ice types. It also comes in handy against psychic and flying types which a few of my pokemon are weak to. (and if im honest if gliscor had knock off it probably wouldn't do much. Tyranitars mega also proves to provide some handy bulk. Also I can predict a switch and get some big damage with pursuit. Also Sandstorm is really good for whittling down opponents and if they switch into a rock or steel type to avoid the damage I can use pursuit or switch into Lucario etc.

This is the team I made with my limited competitive knowledge and I would accept any changes cos im a noob (but i'm keeping Lucario)

anyway thanks guys :)

Hi there. One bit of advice I would give is not to run two mega stones. Instead, choose one and give the other a different item. Giving Tyranitar Assault Vest could be a decent trade

I think steadfest is a better ability for lucario. If someone even tries to flinch it, lucario will outspeed threats with a high speed tier, like non-scarf blacephalon, salazzle, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)