Tournament PMPL Commencement Thread

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Who else but the ShakeItUp of pet mods to do the longest, and most unneccessary Power Rankings of the Decade, I'm going to keep this as unbiased as possible, but I've got really good friends on nearly every team, and if that clouds my judgement, too bad.

PMPL TEAMS.png

THE PAUL-IT-UP Power Rankings

Gonna start out with

Workers Union of Gensokyo
(how I'd organize their lineup)
M4A: THE BOSSARU LOL
FEUU: Anaconja
HGOU: LRXC
REST: DuoM2
ALT: Dex
JOLTOU: Adem
NDBH: Cityscapes

Lots of people are big fans of the Workers Union, and honestly its a solid team, Adem and Dex are both good, but also friends, so they've already got a good team environment going. My prediction going into this tour for Joltemons is that the solid natdex players will be the best buys, and having Adem, known larper and natdex badge whore, I think they got the best buy for joltemons, if he can put some work in for this slot.

Duo and LRXC are both incredibly positive forces in their respective tiers, does that positivity translate to skill, I'm not 100% sure, but they both have high potential to go positive, and the double youtube core is epic af.

Contacted. I am not a fan of Bossaru, but this is probably their best option for the m4a slot wtf lmao. Pray he contacts.

City and Ana are both top of their pool talents, so there's not much I can say about them, definitely a good duo to be managing, and they have clearly assembled a solid draft.

Close Combat Comrades
(My team, lots of these choices should be obvious)
M4A: Paul, or Ausma
FEUU: Bobsican
HGOU: Rezzo
REST: Monai
ALT: Redwood Rogue
JOLTOU: Anique, Scorbunnys, or Ausma
NDBH: Quantum Tesseract

The top 3 of BH in this tour is City, Sevag, and Quantum Tesseract, which one was the cheapest? That would be QT. Even with being less active, a top BH player that should easily translate over to NDBH.
Hoenn Gaiden is similarly solidified, as #1 HG player, and Hoenn Gaiden Council member Rezzo, with Paul support. Rezzo has a long history of innovation, and is incredibly passionate about the tier. Alongside legitimate skill at the game, and then he also has me.
And then M4A, my main tier, I'm pretty widely recognized as M4A's best builder, and also a top 5 player, this m4a pool is good, but with my biggest opponent being sticky, and which team sticky is on... And then on our team, theres also support with ausma and indigo, both incredibly solid m4a players themselves, and to give some spoilers of the outside helpers we have in the M4A Channel . Overall the best M4A Core in the whole tour

Modron.jpg

Bobsican was the first .overpay in the tour, and I'd actually agree with it, I wanted to get Bob for cheap, but clearly other people wanted him. As long as he doesn't bring stall every week, he'll probably go positive(and I'll make sure he doesn't bring stall every week).

Monai

Redwood Rogue is an Alternatium Council Member, with support, and the very lackluster Alt pool(it all being on the manicunos). He can probably go positive, Anique made it to the top 16 of the natdex circuit last year, so despite never playing a pet mod other than natdex itself, hes an already accomplished player, and as mentioned for Joltemons I believe natdex players are the best move there.

turnTier 1 Boomers
M4A: Gekokeso
FEUU: Isocon (LOL)
HGOU: Voyager
REST: Idk Xrn or somebody
ALT: Josjet
JOLTOU: BEKAMA SLOT
NDBH: Sevag

I actually fucking hate this team so much LOL, Kero and Zorz decided to cherry pick players I hate playing against, or players that are some of my best friends on this stupid website.

Lets start with the good, Sevag, and Voyager are both top players in their tiers. With Voyager blossoming even more as a legit ADV OU player these days, if they perform as expected they already boost the team up a little bit. Xrn does not play any of these tiers, but Restrictions is a tier that is supr unexplored so if hes dedicated he can probably scratch out a place, and learn it. Josjet is hella inactive but, has created quite a few pokemon in the Alternatium metagame, and has tournament experience, probably can go positive given the Alt pool.

now the medium stuff, Gekokeso got 9th place in M4ATOUR, being eliminated in the tiebreak for the 8th spot, and is an active m4a player, with his biggest weakness being building, and despite the insane overpay on iso, they still have iso support and teams, which means its also gone through my hands a few times. If Geko can pilot iso's stuff well enough he could very well be one of the best in the tournament, but thats still an if.

Iso can learn any tier and will win in any tier given time, the issue is. Who does he test with, who can he learn this tier with.

!pick Bekama does well, Bekama doesn't do well

1650259634106.png

Manicunos Manicunos
M4A: Moretto
FEUU: Earl
HGOU: Hexcode
REST: Scoopapa
ALT: G-Luke
JOLTOU: The Frenchman
NDBH: Nihilslave

The predraft favorite, to the post draft punching bag, averages out to a really solid team.

This teams best aspects definitely hampered the rest of the team, Earl and G-Luke are the top 2 of Joltemons, 2 of the best FEUU slots, the best Alternatium. Their results speak for themselves, and then they also have the most expensive player in the tour, the 38k Scoopapa,

Hang on I've been informed by my sources, G-Luke wasted an extra 7k on Scoopapa...

The 45k Scoopapa is going to have to live up to his name and provide absolutely insane team support in every slot, to be worth this much, and he really would be worth that much if he was on, like literally any other team 45k might be worth it but, I think this was an overpay, he supports Alt in which they already have the best player, and plays Restrictions. I dont think this was a good buy at any level, hes just not worth it when the managers of this team provide everything he does and more, while not costing 45k.

Moretto is definitely not the best m4a slot, but hes definitely good, and has been historically good. Just has to scratch off the rust, and l2p. Hexcode is actually a respectable Hoenn Gaiden player, doing well in the tournament, not playing much since, but definitely a good grab for his low price, my biggest worries about him is his timezone+activity. I've heard good things and read good things about Nihilslave as a BH pick, so hopefully thats true and he can pull his weight.

THE FRENCHMAN, I lost to him once in the DLCmons tournament, so probably good at something.

Phantomire Gourgeists
M4A: Sticky Fingaa
FEUU: Tapler
HGOU: NotCopen
REST: zxg
ALT: ... I dont fucking know uh, throw Spook in there for meme value
JOLTOU: Beaf Cultist
NDBH: TTTech

Its funny how, even in the first iteration of a team tour, we already have our own version of the Bigs. This team is, wow.
This team has a pretty High Ceiling, but an extremely low floor, the best player on their roster being the ever-consistent Sticky Fingaa, who was the best M4A Player in the pool, he did go for a bit more than he should've but if you looked at just their m4a this would be a solid team. But this is the Pet Mods Premier League not, M4APL2.

30.5k, is how much zxg went for, this is legitimately ridiculous, for zxg. This is a guy who is worth 18k at best, not the kind of player you build the entire draft around, he needs to overperform an overperformance, and support the rest of his team in every tier.

Tapler is a good FEUU slot, and Beaf with prep can do well in Joltemons, I dont know how he stands up to the rest of the pool, definitely has more experience and metagame knowledge than the others however. And then once again I've heard good things about TTTech as a BH slot, so hopefully they do well.

Copen is a mg1 player, why are they a starting HGer...

Man the alt pool is a desert

This team looks like a trashfire. Excited for it to win the whole tour

Po-Town Probopasses
M4A: Pupugugu
FEUU: Gravity Monkey
HGOU: Bynum
REST: Mossy Sandwich
ALT: Clasmia
JOLTOU: Hematemesis
NDBH: Probably Nalorium

Honestly, this is one of the most well-rounded teams in the tour, with star value in Mossy Sandwich, good solid players in Pupu, Grav, and Bynum. and then some good but less consistent players like Bolivia(hematemesis), and Clasmia. With Nalorium with my perception being their best choice as a NDBH Slot, which isn't that good considering the general strength of the pool. Clasmia actually signed up for alt, so maybe the monopoly wasn't complete. This team also has 3 of the original eruptions from the m4apl, they've already teamed together, and won together, so theres some synergy. I think this team has a really good energy, and some really good choices in the draft that I believe will pay off.

Final Ranking:
Tied for #1: Po-Town Probopasses and Close Combat Comrades
Very strong and well rounded teams, they both only have one difficult to work with slots in NDBH for the Probos, and Alt for the Shifus. 1 Mediocre Slot in Alt for the Probos, and FEUU for the Shifus. Everything else being solid cores with good support. With also all 4 of the managers having prior managerial experience. If I had to give one a lead, I'd give it to The CCC because of Rezzo's dominance in HG recently.

#3: Manicunos Manicunos
This is very close to the tied teams, and is only here because I have a feeling Scoopapa wont be able to pull his gargantuan pricetag around, and because their slots in both HG, and M4A, are a bit more of a weak link than the weak links of the other two, and considering how good the slots on both of the top 2 teams. Earl and G-Luke's managerial buff will also probably push this team up higher.

Tied for #4: turnTier 1 Boomers And Workers Union of Gensokyo
Also incredibly close to the ones above it, these 2 have more glaring flaws in my mind, The Bossaru being the primary one on the workers union. I also feel the workers union really has to keep up the motivation of their players, as City and Ana are both good players themselves but might not be able to support every tier in the tour.

The Boomers are my archenemys and their biggest flaw is their building around iso, without knowing how to build around a 27k not playing m4a iso. Also Josjet's inactivity, and Bekama being Bekama. They do bring themselves back to this #4 slot with Voyager and Sevag though

#6: The Phantomire Gourgeists
Idk man, this team is, wow. I want it to surprise me, but then again I dont. LOL. Rooting for sticky to go 4-1 though.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Ranking:
Tied for #1: Po-Town Probopasses and Close Combat Comrades
Very strong and well rounded teams, they both only have one difficult to work with slots in NDBH for the Probos, and Alt for the Shifus. 1 Mediocre Slot in Alt for the Probos, and FEUU for the Shifus. Everything else being solid cores with good support. With also all 4 of the managers having prior managerial experience. If I had to give one a lead, I'd give it to The CCC because of Rezzo's dominance in HG recently.
1650298643285.png

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Schedule:

Week 1 - April 25, 2022

Workers' Union of Gensokyo vs Close Combat Comrades
Phantomire Gourgeists vs turnTier 1 Boomers
Po-Town-Probopass vs Manicunos Manicunos

Week 2 - May 1st, 2022

Workers' Union of Gensokyo vs Phantomire Gourgeists
Po-Town-Probopass vs Close Combat Comrades
Manicunos Manicunos vs turnTier 1 Boomers

Week 3 - May 8th, 2022

Workers' Union of Gensokyo vs Po-Town-Probopass
Manicunos Manicunos vs Phantomire Gourgeists
turnTier 1 Boomers vs Close Combat Comrades

Week 4 - May 15th, 2022

Workers' Union of Gensokyo vs Manicunos Manicunos
turnTier 1 Boomers vs Po-Town-Probopass
Close Combat Comrades vs Phantomire Gourgeists

Week 5 - May 22nd, 2022

Workers' Union of Gensokyo vs turnTier 1 Boomers
Close Combat Comrades vs Manicunos Manicunos
Phantomire Gourgeists vs Po-Town-Probopass

Break Week - May 29th, 2022

Week 7 - Semi-Finals - June 5th, 2022

Seed #1 vs Seed #4
Seed #2 vs Seed #3

Week 11 - Finals - June 12th, 2022

(Winner of Seed #1 vs #4) vs (Winner of Seed #2 vs #3)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)