Magnificent banner by @hambor12 (external link)
Credit to Throbulator36 for the concept. Programming by urkerab
Co-lead by me and Rach
Approved by drampa's grandpa and SectoniaServant
All of a Pokémon's obtainable abilities are active simultaneously.
Generation 8 and the DLCs have had time to settle, so what better time to bring back this beloved OM!
Ever wished that Salamence can have both of its abilities—Intimidate and Moxie at the same time? Ever wished that a Pokémon could use all of its abilities to their full potential? Here is the OM for you!
In this meta, a Pokémon can have all of its abilities at the same time. Here's is the original thread from when it was a Pet Mod. An example is if you use Clefable, it will have all of its abilities: Cute Charm, Magic Guard, & Unaware, at the same time. This gives it a huge buff since all of these abilities are quite useful.
What happens if a Pokémon's Trace is activated?
Trace is implemented to copy a single ability from the foe randomly, as it would in doubles battles.
Weezing is cheating with neutralizing gas and abilities!
This is a side effect or "feature" of the way the code is implemented. It does keep Weezing somewhat more meta-relevant, which is kind of nice. To ensure you benefit from the effects on your own Weezing, put one of its non-gas abilities in the ability slot.
How does Zygarde work?
Certain abilities are exclusive to differently-obtained and tiered formes, like Ash-Greninja's Battle Bond. Both variants of Zygarde with Power Construct are coded as separate entities from base ability Zygarde; therefore, Zygarde-10% is allowed in this format and will only have Aura Break.
- Standard OU clauses incl. Dynamax clause.
- Baton Pass
- Power Construct Zygarde
- Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Cinderace, Darmanitan-Galar, Dialga, Dracovish, Eternatus, Excadrill, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Lunala, Marshadow, Magearna, Mewtwo, Naganadel, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Palkia, Porygon-Z, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Solgaleo, Spectrier, Urshifu-Base, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta, Zekrom, Zygarde
- Moody users (Glalie, Octillery, Remoraid, Snorunt)
- Shadow Tag and Arena Trap users (Diglett, Dugtrio, Gothita, Gothitelle, Gothorita, Trapinch, Wobbuffet, Wynaut)
- Clefable, Dracozolt, Pheromosa
The activation of all abilities is a great boon to nearly everything that has multiple abilities. Some exemplary changes include:
- Gaining both Magic Guard and Unaware gives it a nice buff. Cute Charm isn't that useful, but it might come handy.
- Sand Stream with a complimentary sandy ability! Most weather setters are improved, but as usual, sand remains the best. Sand utilizers are so good that Excadrill is already banned.
- Some select physical attackers get the motherlode with all of their abilities active at once. Salamence has Moxie + Intimidate, Obstagoon has Defiant and Reckless on top of Guts, and Perrserker gets Steely Spirit with Tough Claws.
- It no longer has to choose one of three mildly adequate abilities.
- funny regenerating lad go zoom
- RIP soldier. No way to remove Truant.
- Weak Armor on defensive mons. Eugh.
- Klutz users.
- Stall... at least Prankster still elevates priority.
- Loses out on Intimidate Defiant boosts by means of Inner Focus.
Gen 7 Pokébilities is playable on ROM!
You can search for Pokébilities replays on replay.pokemonshowdown.com by typing in "gen8pokebilities".