Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
No Scarf for Beast Landorus. How sad.
No Lefties for Bird Tornadus. That's actually disappointing.

Although it could be like the Gracidea Flower.

So it seems that the sacred beasts don't need to be with some items to stay in their forme?

Edit:katakiri, they have crossed out that phrase, maybe because that 'items need' was a wrong leak

Its not unprecedented, remember lickitung could learn roll out before dppt but only needed it to evolve. And keldeo was never really "in" b/w officially.
Keldeo not being 'officially' in B/W has no relevance to it. It is still in programmed in B/W and can be tutored Secret Sword in it, that's all that matters.

Yeah, I know about Rollout Lickitung (as well as AncientPower Piloswine). Dunno if those were just overlooked or not, but they haven't repeated it since.

It appears Keldeo's transformation has something to do with a forest near one of the new towns anyway.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
No Scarf for Beast Landorus. How sad.
No Lefties for Bird Tornadus. That's actually disappointing.

Although it could be like the Gracidea Flower.
Nonono, you got it wrong. It says that the kami trio from BW may change into the Sacred Beasts using/holding an item; the ones from the AR Searcher will have no need of this unknown item.

Well, that's what I got from

lolwut said:
Forme change of Tornadus Thundurus Landorus of BW by item ?

This also means White Kyurem won't need Focus Miss to get past Heatran.
But un-STABed neutral Fire-moves aren't going to do a whole ton to Heatran's good Special Defence (unless it gets more Special Attack, and then it might go Uber), and switching from Focus Blast to a Fire move means it misses out on Tyranitar (for 3-attack sets).

But un-STABed neutral Fire-moves aren't going to do a whole ton to Heatran's good Special Defence (unless it gets more Special Attack, and then it might go Uber), and switching from Focus Blast to a Fire move means it misses out on Tyranitar (for 3-attack sets).
Assuming White Kyurem gets those extra 20 SpA points, 4/0 Heatran is taking (46.60% - 54.94%) from Timid LO Fusion Flare. So while SpD Heatran fares a little better, it is no longer the case that Heatran can switch in with impunity.

Turboblaze and Teravolt seemed obvious from the start, especially when it was revealed that the Kyurem's kept their Ice typing. I guess they'll be useful against Dragonite/Heatran in OU, and MultiScale Lugia if they go to DW.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Normal Kyurem OHKOs Dragonite through Multiscale with STAB Ice Beam anyway. A 2x SE (due to Multiscale) STAB Ice Beam from Base 130 Sp.Attack. Not a chance in hell, Dragonite.
3HKOing Heatran with Fusion Flare is cute. (It might be a 2HKO if White Kyurem gets a Sp.Attack boost.)
No Pokemon with Volt Absorb would dare switch-in on Kyurem in the first place unless Choice Band becomes a staple but even then, Outrage looms around the corner.

Really the most useful thing it gets out of Turboblaze & Terravolt are breaking through Sturdy, Sand Veil, Snow Cloak, and Thick Fat.

I for one won't fully believe everything until the actual pictures come out. Remember how there was the rumored Swimming Goggles before B/W came out, and everyone and their mother's started making sets involving it?
Pics or didn't happen.

Take with a grain of salt

Both kyurem formes have zekrom and reshiram's abilities (bk with Tera volt, wk with turbo blaze)
I don't think that will matter unless the other forms can learn EQ or Earth Power comes back for a Move Tutor move.

I think the guy who was leaking this month's corocoro was the same one that leaked last month's.
You know, with the World Tournament, and Cheren as leader, and such.

And it's not like these are that far out there, honestly.
-You form change in a town!
-You form change with items!
-These abilities were kind of obvious!
-Poketransfer!
-Trading!

But never hurts to be cautious over it, I guess?

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Serebii said:
Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - Upcoming Guide Reveal of Genesect - UNCONFIRMED

A sale sheet has recently come up on 2ch detailing a couple of guides due for release this summer. One of these is listed as the "Perfect National Pokédex". Due for release on August 11th, the sale sheet lists the guide as, as well as including a Serial Code for a Pokémon with Hidden Abilities, being a Pokédex for all Pokémon from #001-649, with a special emphasis on the inclusion of Keldeo, Meloetta and finally, the last of the unreleased Mythical Pokémon, Genesect. It is currently unclear whether or not this is an accidental oversight or a hint of a reveal of Genesect in Japan this summer. It's completely unconfirmed that this means Genesect is coming, but is worthy of posting.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This also means White Kyurem won't need Focus Miss to get past Heatran.
I wouldn't be surprised if Kyurem's new forms don't even get Electric/Fire moves. These three new mascot's movepools are so bad compared to past 680s I honestly feel like gamefreak is trying to force you to use the three Dragons own stab moves.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyurem's new forms don't even get Electric/Fire moves. These three new mascot's movepools are so bad compared to past 680s I honestly feel like gamefreak is trying to force you to use the three Dragons own stab moves.
It would be a very stupid idea. Why have a legendary mascot that can't even use many useful moves of its own type?

Well, they are the same people who replaced Stealth Rock with Struggle Bug and Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse with... complete and utter crap.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I for one won't fully believe everything until the actual pictures come out. Remember how there was the rumored Swimming Goggles before B/W came out, and everyone and their mother's started making sets involving it?
Pics or didn't happen.

I don't think that will matter unless the other forms can learn EQ or Earth Power comes back for a Move Tutor move.
No, Swimming Goggles were supposedly in the game's coding; whoever fabricated that hoax took advantage of the initial chaos after new games are released. CoroCoro, on the other hand, is on the hands of at least a couple Japanese people, and NOTHING said up until now is ground-breaking or mind-shattering. I'd say everything's pretty reliable.

Normal Kyurem OHKOs Dragonite through Multiscale with STAB Ice Beam anyway. A 2x SE (due to Multiscale) STAB Ice Beam from Base 130 Sp.Attack. Not a chance in hell, Dragonite.
3HKOing Heatran with Fusion Flare is cute. (It might be a 2HKO if White Kyurem gets a Sp.Attack boost.)
No Pokemon with Volt Absorb would dare switch-in on Kyurem in the first place unless Choice Band becomes a staple but even then, Outrage looms around the corner.

Really the most useful thing it gets out of Turboblaze & Terravolt are breaking through Sturdy, Sand Veil, Snow Cloak, and Thick Fat.
Also, even though it's rare, it gets past Wonder Guard, which is nice. (Although usually Kyurem runs Hp fire anyway.)

What I'm wondering is if we will get an Earth Power move tutor. Being able to hit levitators, even at all, would make Kyurem all the more difficult to switch into and deal with.

By the way, any move/ability speculation on Keldeo's new forme?

Since there's an ehhh okay chance of the feathers representing the musketeer trio, I might be able to see him getting something like...Iron Head, Leaf Blade (I was going to say Giga Drain but no no no), and Rock Slide as options. Not particularly useful unless his stats are re-aligned to favor physical attack but it'd be something I guess.

edit: So apparently the guy who was leaking stuff last night mentioned that CoroCoro is set to reveal another "mythical pokemon" next month...

I think the "mythical pokemon" their talking about was Genesect, if I remember correctly. Although Genesect is hardly "mythical" since it's a cyborg.

...unless they give Genesect an "ancient" forme...

I fail to see how adding extra content is annoying. Would you rather get nothing at all? People these days.
Because it's old and unoriginal.

It's not about competitive bs, but rather about how much a "new form" actually adds to the game. As much as Origin Giratina, heh.

I'd rather have a brand new Pokemon, new backstory, new design, new idea, than a half assed revamp.

Serebii said:
Item is confirmed to change the forms of Tornadus, Thundurus & Landorus. It is called the Reflecting Mirror. They also have different abilities
Tornadus has Regenerator, Thundurus has Volt Absorb, Landorus has Intimidate
Just when you thought the beast forms couldn't get any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)