Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

I had a bit more success than you. Here's the Snivy I hatched last night: 26-27/31/24/30/15/30, Timid. Its Hidden Power was Fire with base 67 power, but I was very disappointed by the Special Defense IV. Even though the mother Snivy had the perfect Special Defense IV, it wasn't passed down.
Well how about this? A Timid Snivy with a spread of 28/24/24/26/31/31. I wanted it to be a Choice Specs, so I checked the Hidden Power. What was it? GRASS. I raged for a bit then gave up and made it a Dual Screener. :/

After a few hours of breeding, all I got was:
A few hours? Ahahahaha. You aren't going to do much of anything in a few hours unless you're hacking or otherwise abusing. It takes me days (and weeks in a few cases) for one competitive-quality baby.

Actually now that I think about it, I hatched my Sawsbuck that's 6 IVs away from flawless in a few hours. But that's an extremely rare occurrence.

So I just managed to hatch a 31/0-1/31/31/31/31 Bold Solosis with Overcoat..
This again...why are you people bothering to check IVs of pokemon with the wrong ability?

I really love how Volcarona can learn Fly. Flame Body + Fly makes hatching eggs easy.
How does fly help breeding? Do you know something I don't?

Okay fine, I had spent 'days' on my Vaporeon in HGSS. I transferred it to my White, discovered that it had a 6 HP IV and decided to re-breed.

My transferred Vappy had 31's in Def, Sp.Def, and Sp.Atk, so it didn't take long for my final beauty to come about. The other parent had perfect HP and Sp.Def.

I don't like it when people make minor accusations of hacking...

A few hours? Ahahahaha. You aren't going to do much of anything in a few hours unless you're hacking or otherwise abusing. It takes me days (and weeks in a few cases) for one competitive-quality baby.

Actually now that I think about it, I hatched my Sawsbuck that's 6 IVs away from flawless in a few hours. But that's an extremely rare occurrence.

This again...why are you people bothering to check IVs of pokemon with the wrong ability?

That first statement bothers me. I have traded for a perfect Ditto and Smeargle, and I usually have decent parents to breed with, and it takes me maybe an hour at most to get "good/decent" IV's, like I got a Bold Moody Bidoof that has like 31/31/30/26/23/31 IV's, and I bred for it maybe for 45 minutes. Not sure if that's luck, but I'm certain it's nowhere near "hacking".

Impish would've been better for it though.. Not gonna bother with re-breeding.

Because they can still make a good parent? The mother I was using was a 31/31/31/31/31/29 Jolly Solosis from my earlier Solosis breeding attempts (with Masuda, passing Modest). The father, though, was a x/x/x/31/31/x Bold Misdreavus. Eggs were coming out slowly, so checking even the pokemon with the wrong ability could help with a better parent. I got the earlier mentioned Solosis, then switched the father to a 31/x/31/31/x/x Solosis. Better parents, with faster eggs. It really does not take that long to check all the eggs, and it can come in handy down the road (like my Jolly mother would've been completely overlooked). Even when I go into mass hatching mode, I only do 25 at a time. I dump the obviously (from level 1 stats) terrible, then check all the hopefuls and potential parents.

Ok I want to try and start breeding, however it is nearly the end of the school holidays so I wont have much precious time. So what are the things that I can do to get a pokemon with flawless IVs in its needed stats (say Sp.Atk and Speed for a Gengar) and its right nature. What are the things I should start getting.
Also how long would it take as long as I have everything, on a value of lucky to not lucky (2 days to 7 days where 2 is for lucky and 7 is unlucky)
So here is a check list, please tell me what else I should get to speed up the process

~Everstone [x]
~Right Nature Pokemon [x]

What else!?
Also I heard power items help with breeding, how exactly do they work?

Ok I want to try and start breeding, however it is nearly the end of the school holidays so I wont have much precious time. So what are the things that I can do to get a pokemon with flawless IVs in its needed stats (say Sp.Atk and Speed for a Gengar) and its right nature. What are the things I should start getting.
Also how long would it take as long as I have everything, on a value of lucky to not lucky (2 days to 7 days where 2 is for lucky and 7 is unlucky)
So here is a check list, please tell me what else I should get to speed up the process

~Everstone [x]
~Right Nature Pokemon [x]

What else!?
Also I heard power items help with breeding, how exactly do they work?
Power items increase the chances of a certain IV being passed down if it's held by one of the parents; here are the Power items and what IVs they increase the chance of passing down if they're held by the right parent:
-Power Weight (HP)
-Power Bracer (Attack)
-Power Lens (Special Attack)
-Power Anklet (Speed)
-Power Belt (Defense)
-Power Band (Special Defense)

Gah, Im pumped Ive got all these things. So is that all, Im so pumped lets go breed those baby ghosts and crap
FWOOSH

Yeah anyway, how long would it take to breed a pokemon with 2 flawless stats? Approximately

It depends on how lucky you are. It could take from a few minutes to a few weeks depending on how much you play and luck. I think the best thing to do is to put an Everstone on the one with the nature and give a power item to the other parent. Make sure you have someone with the Flame Body ability to hatch eggs faster.

Fly to the IV checker to narrow down IVs. I only run calcs on Outstanding babies with correct ability/nature.

It depends on how lucky you are. It could take from a few minutes to a few weeks depending on how much you play and luck. I think the best thing to do is to put an Everstone on the one with the nature and give a power item to the other parent. Make sure you have someone with the Flame Body ability to hatch eggs faster.
First post in page. Volcarona. Access to both fly and magma armor. Hatch it fast, fly to nimbus, check its Iv's, hope for outstanding. Lather, rinse, repeat.

How do you get those pokémon without RNG?
It takes A LOT of time for me to get a correct nature correct gender correct ability pokémon with 3 31 IVs in the right places. I can't even think into going for the rest, it's so unlikely it's impossible.

How do you get those pokémon without RNG?
It takes A LOT of time for me to get a correct nature correct gender correct ability pokémon with 3 31 IVs in the right places. I can't even think into going for the rest, it's so unlikely it's impossible.
I can't RNG, but the only problem with breeding (for me) is getting the right HP type/power with all the other things still being very good.

ya the only real thing that gives me grief is hp. nature is easy and then its just hatch through to get some good IVs and then toss them in with the power item/everstone until i get a good ability, nature, and ivs. usually takes me about a day to get a good pokemon with at least 2/3 perfect stats and the others either don't matter or are in the 20s.

RNG can a huge pain in the ass actually. I should know, I spent nearly a full day trying to RNG the Musketeers legendaries and the most frustrating part about was trying to hit the seed time and getting the right nature. I'm too afarid to do some RNGing on eggs due to complexity of it.

I seem to be a bit unlucky when it comes to breeding this gen. Can't seem to get good enough breeding material from my breeding with flawless dittos. The lack of Power Items might be the cause of that.

Without RNGing, how long do you think it would take to get a good IV'd Musketeer (with Synchronizer support for natures, of course)? I'm thinking of getting a SD Jolly Virizion.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So I've been breeding Lickitung for DAYS trying to get a flawless Cloud Nine one. Best so far was:

Male
Relaxed
Own Tempo
31/31/6/31/31/17

...six... FUCKING SIX IN DEFENSE. Hell, it has a higher Defense with a neutral nature and a 31. But what the heck, I'm keeping this thing. Better parent (male ftw) and my first quad-flawless. Gyro Ball will do enough anyway.

does anyone else feel the game is a little.. glitchy? just some glitchy moments throughout the game, make me wonder if there are a good amount of bugs in the game.

also, if any of you have your Pokemon B/W game on right now, can you tell me if when you go Left to Right on your pokemon stats [in your party], if the transition from 1 page to another is transitioned by a static-type effect.. or if it's just me?

i just feel really paranoid about the game and bugs atm.

does anyone else feel the game is a little.. glitchy? just some glitchy moments throughout the game, make me wonder if there are a good amount of bugs in the game.

also, if any of you have your Pokemon B/W game on right now, can you tell me if when you go Left to Right on your pokemon stats [in your party], if the transition from 1 page to another is transitioned by a static-type effect.. or if it's just me?

i just feel really paranoid about the game and bugs atm.
The static effect is supposed to be there, so don't worry. It looks kinda cool, by the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)